Quick, healthy snacks?

Erza Scarlet

My days are very busy so I don't have a lot of time to cook meals (Or prepare snacks in the morning between meals).

I usually just grab a piece of fruit, but it's not that filtasty or tasty (so I usually resort to buying a chocolate bar, which isn't filling or healthy either).

Any good ideas? If it involves cooking, it'd have to be under 5 minutes.

About me

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4#5

Current: #6

Billtong or Beef Jerky

if you can find a good one, you are looking at 100g, giving you 240kcal / 50g protein and 3g of carbs .... little high on the sodium but thats easily balanced out through the day

got a fridge ? .... Greek yogurt, cottage cheese.

ultimately though - Veg !!! learn to love snacking on raw veg

• Like 2

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

5 minutes is long enough to scramble an egg and nuke it. Crack egg in a heatproof cup or bowl, add a little milk or water, beat with fork. Add a drop of soy sauce, hot sauce, syrup, garlic powder, butter, or seasoning of choice if you want. Microwave on medium high for 3 mins. Presto: fluffy "omelette."

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Yeah, veg. If you can find ONE you really love, that's a great start. Then you can incorporate it into more adventurous snacks by using it as the basis of the snack. I could eat peppers all day, bell peppers, mini peppers, sweet pointed peppers... mix them with houmous or a bit of cheese or stick them in some kind of egg dish (Raincloak, I'm trying your nuked eggs btw :) ) you get the idea!

Not calorie dense either, and if you're paleo-inclined, a really great idea for eating your plants!

• Like 1

Half-Orc / Level 4 / Assassin

STR - 3 DEX - 1 STA - 4 CON - 13.5 WIS - 3 CHA - 6

Twitter: @hybrid756

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Challenge wrap up! April 12 - May 24 2015!
Challenge 1

Bf% - from 50% to 20%

21%
21%

Deli meat wrapped around some vegetables like a burrito, hard boiled eggs, mixed nuts, pieces of fruit, beef jerky, canned tuna or salmon, and protein powder for instant shakes all come to mind.

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

I find when I eat enough at meal time snacks aren't necessary

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I'm currently munching on baby carrots and cottage cheese w/a dab of sriracha. 

Also, I can't praise precooking enough. On Sundays I cook all of my chicken and some various veggies, portion them out into containers based on weight and I can mix and match my protein/veg daily just by grabbing a different container. 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Bake (30min or so in a muffin tin at around 350 depending on oven) or hard boil eggs. Can be brought with you and eaten vary easy. Pack some hot sauce to add some spice and fire

3rd Year Medical Student

Fitness Obsessed 

Contact and Info @

www.thewhitecoatfitness.com