Terinatum Refocuses Determines & Creates Change

Terinatum

Was it really almost midnight when you posted that? Tisk tisk. **wags finger**

Love the at home badass workout. Can't wait to hear about it while we cook.

afraid so. I got to sleep around 2:30 which was 2 hours earlier than the night before!

I have been checking out Mike Chang's vids. I don't believe everything one person says, but I love his attitude. He speaks a lot about aesthetics, but his ideas and exercises are pretty well thought out.

So, I'm planning on doing:

prone pull ups

prone cobra

elevated toe reach

scissor kicks (which I need serious core work before being able to do them properly)

And I get to enjoy the man body! He's usually shirtless.

P.S. the dutch oven is round and measures 10" dia and 4 1/2" deep.

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

W2 D5

Goals:

1. assessment

Yup

a. Back workouts. switch up my rows and lap pd's to get both upper and lower back. Lean back - pull to chest - upper. Lean back - pull to gut - lower. Lighten the load to 80# to do those. I am at 100# for straight pull-down.

b. Front and back squats are on hiatus. My right hip loosens and drops lower than my left when I am in the hole. So, my knee carves in and I lean forward on the rise to compensate. WAY too much strain on my back. Do goblet squats and BW to get form; don't go butt to grass.

c. my ab flexions in the chair has been set to 50#, instead of 80#. Focus on activating my abs first and keep the action there and not push down with my shoulders and arms. Again getting form down!

2. weight levels

Yup

a. Bench is at 70# now. I used babies even! Ha I am holding at the top for a full second and going slower through the range of motion. I am doing things faster than I can keep an eye on my form and getting all of my muscle activated.

b. Lat PD as mentioned above. 100# straight pull. And 80# for chest pull and gut pull

c. Pec/ fly across body (standing) is at 40# so not doing vertical or flat or incline flies.

d. seated row is at 50#

e. tri push down behind back is at 90#

3. Posture

Yup

Practicing (although not right now!) straight spine. Looking for and maintaining: hip position, abs tight, chest/upper abs locked in, shoulders back and down, and most importantly lately: head back over body and chin tucked ever so slightly.

4. eat this

Yup

Made dinner tonight with T2. Pictured above. Started eating it before I remembered to snap a pic.

5. spa

Yup

Shave and self massage

Workout and Cooking? WIN!!!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

W2 D6

Nice day. Worked out with a friend, got a new job as a personal assistant - a few hours per week, tops). She is a pet client as well.

Goals:

1. Assessment:

yup

my most outside (lateral) part of my left calf muscle cramped up at 4 am this morning. It was almost as nasty as my old ones (center of calf). I took about 20 minutes calming it down. Later today, I found that, now that my arches are flattened, my knee gets tugged inwards. Which my body can't stand! So orthotics has to happen. I have an appointment on Monday. I'm not leaving without a real fix (even temporary is fine, just not this tiny piece of padding in my shoe).

2. Weight levels:

yup

my bench is at 70# - really hard, but good form.

my deadlift is down to 130# - loosey form at 140# today!

OHP is 45#, bar only - tough but decent form (fail on last rep of last set)

3. Posture

yup

Really focusing on neck position during the day today! yay

Paid special attention to back workouts today, squeezing those shoulder blades or pulling those elbows back.

4. Eat This

yup - kinda

had same meal at coffee shop - except without maple walnut bread and butter

ate my pork chop leftovers (eating leftovers is a good win for me)

1 handful of chocolate chips (semi-sweet toll house)

5. Spa

nice shower

wart soak

moist heat on left lateral calf

teeth

Working on doing BW workouts at home. Doing the two prone exercises and doing pushups at 3 stair level, but not slow on purpose! haha

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

http://www.dietitian.com/calcbody.php

A decent place to get your approx baseline daily requirements figured out. Although their body fat desired % was from 1 - 19 (wow - really?)

So I put 19% to start. Then I'll go down further or not depending on what I want when I get down there.

This is what I got.

Your Nutrition Facts
Calorie Daily Value     Calories from fat
1,716                            515
Total Fat                     Saturated Fat
57g                               6g
Cholesterol                 Sodium
300mg                          2,400mg
Potassium                   Protein
3,500mg                       86g
Total Carbohydrate     Dietary Fiber       Sugars
215g                              25g                     64g
Vitamin A                    Vitamin C
5,000IU                         60mg
Calcium                       Iron
1,000mg                      18mg
Vitamin D                    Vitamin E
400IU                           30IU
Thiamin                        Riboflavin
1.5mg                            1.7mg
Niacin                          Vitamin B-6
20mg                             2.0mg
Folate                           Vitamin B-12
400mcg                         6mcg
Biotin                            Pantothenic Acid
300mcg                         10mg
Phosphorus                 Iodine
1,000mg                       150mcg
Magnesium                  Zinc
400mg                          15mg
Copper
2mg

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Glad to see you've been making steady adjustments with weights for weight training. That's hard to do, but it looks like you've kept up with it nicely.

Your food looks great! That jambalaya looks bomb DOT com. Can I have the recipe?! And was that Dutch Babies? Yummo!

I've noticed that you miss out on your spa treatment from time to time. Make sure you take that downtime for yourself, Terinatum. Plus, it's nice to have a little pampering every now and then. You work so hard, you deserve it!

Keep it up with the food. I seriously want recipes. :) Lucky you have a badass friend helping you with your food goals! Way to go!!

• Like 1

- — Thister — -

Level 3, Cylon (Humanoid IntelliScout/Ranger)

STR 6 | DEX  7 | STA 7 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 4

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (Checking in most days, weekly updates)

"If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done." â€• Ludwig Wittgenstein

Glad to see you've been making steady adjustments with weights for weight training. That's hard to do, but it looks like you've kept up with it nicely.

Your food looks great! That jambalaya looks bomb DOT com. Can I have the recipe?! And was that Dutch Babies? Yummo!

I've noticed that you miss out on your spa treatment from time to time. Make sure you take that downtime for yourself, Terinatum. Plus, it's nice to have a little pampering every now and then. You work so hard, you deserve it!

Keep it up with the food. I seriously want recipes. :) Lucky you have a badass friend helping you with your food goals! Way to go!!

Thanks, Thirster!

I'll get the recipe to you as soon as I can. I think I actually saved it to a word doc from our PMs.

Yea, my spa time was too big for one day. So, I'm gonna try to spa days 3 days a week, just like working out, I need to practice the habit of it! I do deserve it, don't I? We all do! I actually have a jacuzzi tub at this gig house.

T2 has been awesome to help me out.

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Updated Body Measurements         

15-Feb      plus/minus from last month

Neck:                          14                  + 1/8 

Chest:                         38                  -  3/4 

Breast:                        43 11/16        -2  5/16

Bottom of Rib Cage:   41                  -2  1/4 

Waistline                     43  7/16         -1  9/16

Hips:                           43  3/16          -1 11/16

Upper Thigh:              23  1/4            + 1/4 

Lower Thigh:              19  5/16          - 15/16

Calf:                           15  7/8            -  3/8 

Bicep:                         12                   -  3/4 

Flexed Bicep:             12  7/8            -  5/8 

Forearm:                    10  3/8            -  1/8 

Wrist:                          6  7/16            -  1/16

Weight:                      195                  -3

Jeans Size:                 14                   - 1 size (16)

Shirt Size:                    XL/L               (XL)

notes on my feet::

bunions and lost arches: are taking their toll::

pain under big toe so no running

no up on my toes regularly without arch and toe pain so no more waltzing or sitting with my feet up on my toes,

too much walking on the balls of my feet (an old habit - you need to move quietly in abusive households [just sayin]).

So tomorrow I will see the podiatrist to talk about options. I'm still worried about my future with this, but I'm trying to keep faith in technology and holistic physical therapy. Yeah, that's what I'm doing...
  • Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

W2 D7

Teri's Epic Novella of a Day!

Okay, I have renamed my Parts. They are now officially the "Inner Peeps." They will be producing their first album later this year. It will be released in time for the holidays! hehehe
What I did do on my recovery day was have a sit-down with them as the gloaming was waning on the other side of the picture window. At first it was hazy, it has been awhile since I sat done purposefully. It was time. They threw around some angry feelings and accusations about me.
I listened, only distracted a few times by the crying cat at my feet. But I was told in no uncertain terms, it was their turn to be heard. That I was required to ignore the cat until they were done. It was amazing how hard it was for me and more fascinating how much they did not let me off the hook about it.
We got on the subject of time management and I thought we were getting somewhere. It's a huge aspect of my troubles with follow-thru. But They kept going deeper. Soon I find we are talking about greed. How greedy I am for attention and grand things without working for them. Yeah, all that is in there. I admitted it and then they jumped right into a memory I had earlier that day. It was about my father being greedy when he eats. And them about my mother being greedy with affection from others.
We followed that theme and found that with that greed (originating somewhere in my ancestral line) there was also guilt for that greed. It came later in the family tree I'm quite certain. So my family is greedy and guilty for being greedy. So what do we do? We work really hard and get a foothold in society. Then... we help everyone else get to the next level. See, we aren't allowed to go higher. everyone else comes first. My father never made it to engineer, he stayed at senior tech, and even as a kid I knew he had the brains for it. My mom stopped her progress at LPN, no nurse certificate was allowed. She, and my father, were paying for our families greed centuries before.
So I am not allowed to make it higher in my life, not going to be successful at all the things I want to do (I don't give myself the time to work on it. Instead I'm early for everything else). But now I also know this and have been attempting to break the cycle. I just didn't realize when I started 20 years ago that this genetic code was what I was working against. It just so happens today, I saw a vid that Syren posted and it helped make this all become clearer. I have always believe we pass on familial trauma through of lineage. Now science is catching up a bit. Yay.

After the meeting of the minds (I waited as long as I could before using this), I was so happy, relieved, and excited to see my path clearer than before. I went and cooked myself dinner!
I owe T2 thanks for introducing me to sauteing. I like it!
Check this out!

5bcbc80afbdbbd42413f68e0039abac0.jpg

So, wow, okay.
Goals! hehehe
1. Assessment
yuppers
noted in the post above

2. weight levels
nope
recovery day

3. workout
yes
for a recovery day, I did 10 minutes on a stationary recumbent bike with basic resistance.
tried to do mobility, but my game was much more interesting at the time. Hard to focus on muscles when you're focusing on winning a game! hehe

4. eat this
yuppers -- oh hell yes!
I will be posted above. I was in a great place. I brought out the computer for the music and how long to saute butternut squash. My dish came out exquizite! Curry and cinnamon! It has butternut squash, zucchini, kale, red peppers, shallots, and rice in it.Outstanding! Leftovers tomorrow! squeeeee!

I also cooked an over easy egg. It came out nice, didn't break the yoke. The white was fine. The yoke, yeah, NO!

5. spa
not really
I read Thirster's comments and really gor motivated to do something, but the Inner Peep conversation took priority. Thx Thirster!

I learnt a crap-load of stuff today. Thank you for helping me make that possible. You rock, I rock, we rock. And there's likely some saluting going on in there as well.

Also I saw this today. Much awesomeness !!!

https://vimeo.com/121635057

I love you all! *mmwwaahh*

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Part of me just wants to write until I am no longer. I have all this stuff inside that I have yet to share, unsure I would even share it all. BUt the drive to write is elusive. It goes back to that time management trouble.

I will be 15 minutes early for any appointment. But I will also complain I don't have time for such-n-such. I obviously have the same amount as most people. I sleep between 6 and 7 hours a night if I'm on a good schedule. I set time aside to come on here and post - sometimes too much. I have time carved out for my job and enough time to take my meds twice a day. I can't really go without going so there's that time as well. But, all together I'm still left holding a decent chunk of hours on most days.

So why do I feel I can't do things within those hours. I know that take less time, even if I run into trouble. excuses aren't viable. Enough said about the technical side. We all know it's an emotional blockage. So like a lot of us, I find myself digging down deep to spot an answer that will work, this time.

I succeeded at least twice as far as writing is concerned. I wrote a full length play and then rewrote it a year or so later. I was writing all the time. But I wasn't working at that point either. I was pet-sitting a bit, but nothing like I am now. So time was bigger and I'm fairly certain I believe then that, 'Well, what else is there to do anyway?' Without many goals in place and fewer actually attempted, I had time. Time wasn't so much a scarcity issue so much as a 'do I really have to spend all this time in reality?! Cause that would blow!' issue to be dealt with, or not.

I ramble because I can, and need to. I don't have concrete answers and some days I get that 'no concrete' is the actual answer. Most days however, I WANT the answers. Cause that would solve everything, right? Hah, Doubtfully. Most days then are fraught with disappointment and worry over not having any answers that I can use to fix things in my life. I am aware that my answers are built from my actions, but I am rarely able to see and hold that knowledge. My fear of losing, screwing up, and being an all-around failure, keep me searching out there with the belief that 'I couldn't possibly have the answer already?!'

Now I spend most of my days believing I have decent answers. Now I spend most of my days shooting' dice with my mind. Who rolls craps this time: sugar or veggies, exercise or another movie, or some games or other games. I haven't a fucking clue some mornings! haha I suppose that's a normal place to be when in the midst of changing yourself. Then I remember that I will likely be changing for the rest of my life. That this process will become a huge part of who I am. I will become a professional seeker! I will attempt all types of things, some more than once. I will be curious everyday about what I can do better for myself than I did yesterday. All the NF articles will reside in my mind and heart. I will have the habit of experimenting new habits.

But right now, it is hard and tiring. Rewarding certainly, I'm not dogging this path so much as letting myself just let out some of this theoretical wondering. We are capable. If we weren't, I don't think we would even be on this site working our asses off to be healthier and happier. We would be the me of 5 years ago: lost, always tired, and apathetic to possibilities and effort. So! we have won the war. we have succeeded where we hadn't before. We are in the change right now. We are accomplishing things right now. Now, it's just a matter of dealing with the battles that have yet to get word, and believe it, that the war is already over. That the good life is already on it's way.

So, I'm asking myself to put away my arrows and unstring my bow. I am hoping then I will feel the desire to look around at where I am now instead of assuming I know already. I don't wish to continue getting fooled by my mind. It would rather have me believe that life has not improved at all or so little that it will likely come to nothing. These moments are crucial for me to recognize when they happen. This is when I tell my mind and any Inner Peeps that are involved, that I am in fact no in the past. I will show them the me I have already become. I will have them read this and count off my successes in my diary or invite them here to look over my old challenges.

Hell, I'll ask them simply to step on a scale. Is it really so difficult to convince a mind that losing 90 pounds is a huge success and this is how we did it? I know that the mind is a reactionary machine. It doesn't wonder of its own volition. We are the thinkers and the wondering personalities. The mind has a job to do. It does what it knows. It will not want to change. In its reckoning, all habits in place have made life possible. So without them, life is no longer a sure thing. Who would want that? Well, I know a lot of Nerds that want that very much.

We gather in places that are safe and encouraging. We listen and lurk until we feel a real sense of connection with other people and their wars and battles. When we see ourselves enough times in the stories of others, then we step into the light of the campfire and ask to sit closer to the fire. That's when six of them rush to help you get a good spot, hand you a cup of tea, and assure you that this way does work. It just takes perseverance and time!

Last I knew, I had some time I could use to make some changes. I wonder what I could do if.....

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

heyo! Cool journal post. Don't have a lot to say about it cause it seems like it's written for you more than for me, but... twinkle fingers anyway. 

Nice fooding as well. Hip hip Hurray! 

Thanks, Prime.

Yea, I just had to get it down and I was here so...

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Hey Teri,

I haven't caught up on your challenge yet, but I read the first few points.  For acorn squash, its gross on its own, I agree.  But it does quite well with other flavours! What we enjoy to do with it is make scrambled eggs mixed up with breakfast sausage and put that inside the acorn squash.  Its really really good with a little maple syrup too.  just a tiny drizzle.  7FG has done a bunch of other variations on stuffed acorn squash and it usually turns out quite well.  I agree though, on its own it is NOT good.

• Like 1

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.â€- Mahatma Gandhi

Your food posts look amazing! I'm getting some awesome ideas for dinners to try my hand at. Inspiring journey posts! Sounds like a wonderful journey you're on.

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

Hey Teri,

I haven't caught up on your challenge yet, but I read the first few points.  For acorn squash, its gross on its own, I agree.  But it does quite well with other flavours! What we enjoy to do with it is make scrambled eggs mixed up with breakfast sausage and put that inside the acorn squash.  Its really really good with a little maple syrup too.  just a tiny drizzle.  7FG has done a bunch of other variations on stuffed acorn squash and it usually turns out quite well.  I agree though, on its own it is NOT good.

Hum... that does sound interesting. Stuffed things. I think I'll try that. I will let you know how it goes! Thanks for stopping by. You may now continue to be awesome!

Your food posts look amazing! I'm getting some awesome ideas for dinners to try my hand at. Inspiring journey posts! Sounds like a wonderful journey you're on.

Hey RSMR (I just like doing that), thank you for hanging around here! lol

I have to throw down some of the recipes I've been using (No, Thirster, I haven't forgotten you!) so maybe something there will spark a fun idea!

My journey right now is to identify and be real with the journey itself. It's hard work, but so very worth it. Kinda like deadlifting 180# - which I did last week! 1 rep of course, but yays! 

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Hey RSMR (I just like doing that), thank you for hanging around here! lol

I have to throw down some of the recipes I've been using (No, Thirster, I haven't forgotten you!) so maybe something there will spark a fun idea!

My journey right now is to identify and be real with the journey itself. It's hard work, but so very worth it. Kinda like deadlifting 180# - which I did last week! 1 rep of course, but yays! 

Then RSMR I shall be! Once you publish your cookbook of recipes, I want to start with that chicken pot pie, it's like my ultimate comfort food for cold nights. Yay for the deadlifting and yay for your journey awareness!

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

W3 D2

Haven't posted like this for a few days...

Goals:

1. assessment

yup

worked on knee and foot needs. Went to the doctors on Monday and got the word that I have to wait until the end of the month to actually get fitted for my orthotics. I know he's right, but I'm so short on patience right now, it's frustrating.

2. weight levels

yup

I dropped my bench to 65# - form is crap

I lowered my deadlift to 120# as 140 was on the edge of good form

I did a low intensity workout to keep myself in recovery mode for deadlift, squat, and foot safety.

A few minutes on the treadmill, but couldn't keep walking so

I did a bunch of low weight seated rows 

seated rows -- 50# 10 toward chest, 40# 10 toward abs, 30# 10 toward chest (good hard squeezes of shoulder blades)

bench -- 65# 3x5

lat pull downs -- 70# 10 toward chest (leaned back - shoulder squeeze), 60# 10 toward abs (lean back - shoulder squeeze), 80# 10 straight pull down

dumbbell bicep curls -- standing 15# each hand  15 at full range and slow

inverted rows -- BW 10 with bar at shoulder height, 10 with bar at chest height and 3 at lower rib cage height (good)

ab flexion on machine -- 50# 3x10

towel prone pull up, cobra, and plank circuit 3x10 for towel and cobra held plank for 30 secs, 25 secs, 15 secs

lots of mobility on my back, shoulders, and hips with a ball, no roller

3. posture

yup

working a lot of shoulders back and down! Squeeze!

4. eat this

nope

I have chocolate! End of story.

5. spa

nope

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

W3 D3 and 4

Exhausted!

Very worried about my feet/knees/hips. Tiring.

I have let loose my anger and it is overwhelming my ability to regulate my emotions. But it needs to happen. Tiring.

I had to take my nephew to rehab last night. His first time. Lots of hope. Tiring.

Not sleeping for shite. Tiring.

Not eating good at all. Tiring.

All the driving! Tiring.

Need unconscious time please!

Short post, more tomorrow... maybe. ha

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

22nd level Wanderer

The Way