Terinatum Refocuses Determines & Creates Change

Terinatum

Okay if you can not run I vote for biking.  LOL  You get to go and feel the wind in your hair and have adventures.  I love swimming too but definitely give biking a fair shake.  Better yet can you run in a pool without issues?  Never tried it but heard great things about it.

Excellent on the sugar junk...no no no!  Great job on getting back on track.  That is part of what makes you awesome.  If you get off track you do great at getting right back on!

• Like 2

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Okay if you can not run I vote for biking.  LOL  You get to go and feel the wind in your hair and have adventures.  I love swimming too but definitely give biking a fair shake.  Better yet can you run in a pool without issues?  Never tried it but heard great things about it.

Excellent on the sugar junk...no no no!  Great job on getting back on track.  That is part of what makes you awesome.  If you get off track you do great at getting right back on!

Hey sweetie, thanks!

Running in the pool is a great idea. I used to do it in a PT (heated) pool for therapy.

I have really been considering the bike. Vermont has awesome trails and roads for just that.

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

sugar junk food today?

NOPE!

Day 4

Today's Workout: PT exercises and an easy walk.

My feet didn't get upset during my 1/2 mile walk. It was so nice out today (51*) that I wore shorts and a t-shirt outside. Great feeling!

Low key day with some nice, and short time, socializing. I have practiced my guitar a bit and will be doing more after dinner which is frozen (raw) chicken cordon bleu.  I bought a new Fender stool to sit my booty on while playing me gui-tar for $35! It was a store stool and Kevin gave me a great deal.

I am having a great time with the PBP D&D Pathfinder game. I'm pretty happy, minus my poor feet and bladder. I have my, what kind of surgery do you need, appointment tomorrow for my bladder. Fun Fun And I gave my foot doctor an ultimatum. 'Tell me why you refuse to support my arches while figuring out my bunions or I'm getting supports myself and you can go suck it! I hate Drs who don't explain their methods. I told him three times that my arches are really messing me up and has yet to explain anything. Screw you dude, I'm worth more than that!

Okay, enough of that. His deadline is tomorrow so I'll give him until then.

Peace out, all.

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

A doctor that does not communicate and encourage you to help decide the course of action and who does not empower you with info to do some of your own searching so you can be informed in decissions = time to find a new doc.

You rocked it yesterday.  Good job.  It all sounds very solid.

• Like 1

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

A doctor that does not communicate and encourage you to help decide the course of action and who does not empower you with info to do some of your own searching so you can be informed in decissions = time to find a new doc.

You rocked it yesterday.  Good job.  It all sounds very solid.

Thank you. Yeah, I saw my PT just now and she taped my feet to help support my achilles and taped my left bunion, leaving the right one free to check differences next Friday when I come.

She also gave me a killer glute exercise! Woah!

I am not staying with him, whether he contacts me today or not. I'm done!

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Impressive work-outs given your foot situation!  And nice job on the no sugar/junk food!  You're inspiring.

It's amazing somedays. I feel like I am capable of inspiring myself. How foreign a feeling, but I like it.

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

You remind me of a bit of wisdom I picked up on a video game forum one time years ago. The game was Diablo III, and the topic was hardcore mode, which makes character death permanent. It doesn't matter what your character dies from, whether it's a mistake you made playing, or a sudden encounter with a glitch or bug, or a lag snap or a power outage that shuts off your computer, or any other excuse you might have. If your character dies, it's gone, and the company will not bring it back for you.

A lot of people would invest tons of time into these characters, and it can be hard to accept when the character is suddenly gone. There was, predictably, a certain amount of whining on the forums about it. The best response I ever saw to one of those whiners was this,

'Sooner or later, your character will die and disappear. That's what makes it hardcore. When that happens, you get up, dust yourself off, and make a new one. That's what makes you hardcore.'

• Like 3

Level Three Oracle of Doom.

Level Eight Dragon Tamer, Warrior Dash participant. Trail runner.   Respawned.

Sugar Junk Food Today?

Yeah. Damn it. Several stressors and an emergency that made me very angry helped put a cruller donut, strawberry wafers, peanut butter M&Ms, and Grandmas Double chocolate cookies in my gullet.

Missed 2 days of guitar practiced, but did it this morning and I still want to play: piano too, play I mean, practice tomorrow.

No spa or exercise stuff for the last 3 days.

Posture has been shite as well.

I'm not cooking or looking for new foods.

Going to sleep and start over tomorrow.

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

I love playing music - I've been playing piano since I was about 6 and guitar since college. Always makes me happy!

Hope your today is going well & you've fended off the sugar demons!

• Like 1

Currently Walking / Biking / Hiking to Mordor 

On my way to Rivendell: 208.14 / 458 miles 

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours." Henry David Thoreau, Walden

The Awesome Runner's Awesome Running Blog

Well shite! Sugar sucks, depression sucks, exhaustion sucks, people suck, and I suck sometimes. I'm so tired of changing. I can't juggle it right now. I can't focus. I'm not cooking. I'm eating poorly, not just sugar. I feel like blowing up with anger and then just lay down and sleep for a week. Yeah, that's what I want.

:neglected:

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Buy a heavy bag.  May not make problems/issues go away but sometimes it just feels good to take that aggression out on something.  I miss our old heavy bag.

Hope things improve.

• Like 2

I wish I had a heavy bag.  Instead I hack away at an oversized branch with a dull axe.  Some people do a sledgehammer on a tire.  But even just a walk seems quite calming (and hopefully you are getting some nice weather today or tomorrow!).

• Like 2

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Buy a heavy bag.  May not make problems/issues go away but sometimes it just feels good to take that aggression out on something.  I miss our old heavy bag.

Hope things improve.

I wish I had a heavy bag.  Instead I hack away at an oversized branch with a dull axe.  Some people do a sledgehammer on a tire.  But even just a walk seems quite calming (and hopefully you are getting some nice weather today or tomorrow!).

Thanks & Thanks. Those are good ideas. I have always like boxing too so...

Weather is still topsy-turvy so who knows what we're getting and when. LOL

I took a nice long shower this morning and treated myself pretty well so far. I even picked up my guitar to practice since I didn't last night. So then I will practice again and still be on target. I figure no matter how good I am, I'm bringing my guitar to Camp.Ohyeah, that's motivation. It is written, it will be so!

• Like 3

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Today isn't helping.

<RANT>

It seems my email to my primary care doc (that I expected to be private) is permanently added in my record. And... you guess it, anyone who has access to my record can view the email in all its glorious anger. Gee thanks! I'm trying to get it deleted or at least black out certain lines (you'd think the government would be an expert at that!).

</RANT>

Still eating sugar. No exercising, Barely any mobility, Work is slipping in quality, Had a nice shower yesterday, Didn't buy a crap load of sugar yesterday, knowing I would be eating it all that night, PT is getting closer to the glute and lower back issue which is really good. I have more exercises to reach down deep into the pelvic and lumbar region to get this area working freer and smoother.

Cross fingers that we're on the proper track.

Till tonight.

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

All Done, thankfully.

Level up? Yes

Stat increases? Just a point for Wis and Chr for dealing with my anger.

Onto my next with a good feeling going on now. WOOT

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way