Hi, Straggletag here (a firstie) and ready to rock this challenge!

Straggletag

Introduction:  Hi I am Straggletag (or you can call me Mandy) and this is my first challenge!!  In the last few years I went through a personal/emotional rough patch that I failed miserably at dealing with and gained +30lbs. It doesn't help that I have an office job where I sit all day but for the last 2 years I've exercised consistently 3x per week (with a decrease in body fat but no weight loss!).

Recently, I started the Starting Strength program (3 weeks in) and am loving it although I'm going slow and not increasing weight exactly as prescribed.

Main Quest:  Lose 30lbs by the end of 2015 or two dress sizes. 

Quest 1: Lift 3x per week. Three compound lifts for 5 sets of 5 (except deadlifts), following the starting strength program or other routine (such as new rules of lifting).

Measurement: A = 3x/week for 5 weeks, B = 3x/week, 4 weeks, C = 3x/week, 3 weeks

Reward A= +3 STR, +2 CON; B= + 2 STR, +1 CON; C= +1 STR

Quest 2: Get 90 minutes of walking activity in each week. (I probably get 30 - 60 minutes in each week currently) 

Measurement: A = 90 minutes/week for 5 weeks, B = 90 minutes/week, 4 weeks, C = 90 minutes/week, 3 weeks

Reward: A = +3 STA, +2 STR; B = +2 STA, +1 STR; C = +1 STA

Quest 3: Eat at least 2 fruits or veggies a day. (I'm not super good about this currently) 

Measurement: A = 2 freggies, 42 days; B = 2 freggies, 36 days, C = 2 freggies, 30 days

Reward: A = +3 WIS, +2 CON; B = +2WIS, +1; CON, C = +1WIS

Life Quest: Post at least 10 items for sale on eBay or etsy.  (A hobby of mine is to buy and resell vintage clothing and stuff but it's turned into mini-hoarding with my lack of posting these last couples years... if only I had a bag of holding it might not be such a problem!!!)

Motivation:  I want to feel more at ease with and empowered by my body. 

• Like 2

On my way to becoming a (wizardly) Warrior Princess!

Level 0

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 |

Hi!  I'm new here too.  Looks like we will be on our first challenge together.  Best of luck!!  Can't wait to see where we are 6 weeks from now.  

• Like 1

Recruit - My 1st Challenge

"Don't let perfection stand in the way of good enough."

Main Quest: 23lb fat loss in 2015 ~ 6/23

26.09%
26.09%

Quest 1: 70lb dead lift

100%
100%

Quest 2: 5 pull-ups on machine

100%
100%

Quest 3: 5 Squats with 45lb barbell

100%
100%

Desk jobs are the devil. It can be so hard to combat the negative effects of sitting most of the day.

30 lbs in 10 months is wicked doable! And conservative enough that you can make small, sustainable changes. You got this!

STR 1::STA.5::DEX 0::WIS 1::CON 1::CHA 0

Previous challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60781-the-wee-terror-heads-into-battle/

Desk jobs are the devil. It can be so hard to combat the negative effects of sitting most of the day.

30 lbs in 10 months is wicked doable! And conservative enough that you can make small, sustainable changes. You got this!

• Like 1

STR 1::STA.5::DEX 0::WIS 1::CON 1::CHA 0

Previous challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60781-the-wee-terror-heads-into-battle/

Week 1 Updates

Main Quest:  _ lbs/30 lost

Quest 1: lifting routine done 3/7 days

M: None

T: 80 lb squat, 60 lb. bench press, 55 lb. bent-over row

W:

Th:

F:
S.

S.

Quest 2: 90 minutes of walking activity

M:  30 minutes 

T:

W:

Th:

F:

S. 

S.

Quest 3: 2 fruits or veggies eaten per day  

M: X

T: X

W:

Th:

F:

S.

S.

Life Quest: Any items listed for sale on eBay or etsy? (_/10)

Level 0

Day 2 Update 

Yesterday I got a 30 minute walk in at a pretty brisk pace, ate my veggies and fruits, and was under my cal goal. (And I made time to finish a book and do homework too!)

Today has been awesome! I logged my 9th day of the Stronglifts 5x5 routine (ending "Wk 3") with 80lb squats, 60lb bench press and 55 lb bent row (had to deload this to work on form).  I don't know if I'll get a walk in or just go home to do homework after work since there's some that really needs doing. Fortunately, I have dinner ready - gotta love crockpots!

• Like 1

Level 0

looks like you had a great start to your challenge.  How was the rest of week 1?

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Warriors' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge