Solstice Tiger, establishing a basline

Solstice Tiger

I wasn't a fan of sweet potatoes until I started trying out different recipes with them.  Baked sweet potatoes or basic sweet potato casseroles weren't doing it for me.  But then I have tried sweet potato burritos, fries, veggie-burgers, and found they can be quite good as they take flavors pretty well. 

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

you are right back on that horse!

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I wasn't a fan of sweet potatoes until I started trying out different recipes with them.  Baked sweet potatoes or basic sweet potato casseroles weren't doing it for me.  But then I have tried sweet potato burritos, fries, veggie-burgers, and found they can be quite good as they take flavors pretty well. 

That's what I'm discovering! I especially like the way the cinnamon in the curry flavors the potato. I like the sound of a sweet potato burrito too! That sounds right up my alley.

you are right back on that horse!

Neigh! I mean, yes! :D

Level 5 Human Assassin

Current Challenge: x

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

- from "Hawkguy", Adam WarRock

March 10 Quest Log

Quest 1: tracked all food

Quest 2: no workout required

Quest 3: up by 6:10 to stretch and in bed before 10:15

Life Quest: did some html practice!

I'm writing this to kind of sort of put off applying for a couple jobs that came across my radar. I really would like a new job (thus the radar in the first place) and I'd really like one of these two because they are with companies that I like. But I always get anxious when applying to job postings. Like I've stared at these postings for probably at least a good half hour and have only barely started the application process. Grarg.

Maybe I will reward myself with some wine and chocolate if I finish in the next....20 minutes. Ready set go!

ETA: I finished one in those 20 minutes. So I got a small piece of pie and went back at it (the wine and chocolate is really for me AND the fiance to share together and he's asleep, so....). Finished the second one just a little bit ago. Now we cross fingers and wait. 

• Like 3

Level 5 Human Assassin

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

Applying for jobs is a pain in the butt.  It always is harder to get your materials correct for the job you are applying for and there is that apprehension you mentioned.  Good luck!

• Like 2

Thanks!

March 11 Quest Log

Quest 1: tracked food and exercise

Quest 2: 2 circuits plus the squats, pull ups, and lunges from the 3rd circuit. Started feeling unwell into the 3rd circuit so I stopped for the day. Three tomorrow!

Quest 3: up by 6:10 to stretch and then I got to bed by 10:15

Life Quest: no html practice

• Like 2

Level 5 Human Assassin

Good luck on those job applications! Looks like we are in a similar situation. For me the worst part is the cover letter, it takes me ages to write those. I find it very hard to sell yourself, show that you're interested in the job and company and highlight your best qualities all on one page (or less)

Reduce Body fat from 25% to 19% (7 skin fold)

0%
0%

Urban Monkey | Level 3 Aspiring Assassin

STR 8.4 | DEX 5.5 | STA 6 | CON 7,75 | WIS 1,5 | CHA 2.25 ]

My current challenge

1 | 2 | 3

Good luck on those job applications! Looks like we are in a similar situation. For me the worst part is the cover letter, it takes me ages to write those. I find it very hard to sell yourself, show that you're interested in the job and company and highlight your best qualities all on one page (or less)

Yes! Exactly! I haaaaaate hate cover letters too. I feel very phony trying to fit in keywords from the job posting too, like aren't they going to see right through that? Isn't EVERYONE doing the SAME THING? Doesn't it get OLD? I've taken to just writing very short cover letters (as the body of my e-mail since most of the jobs I apply to are directly through e-mail) saying that I'm interested, have some skills, and contact me. I've gotten a couple interview offers that way so who know what works and what doesn't at this point!

Aaaand back on the quest log wagon:

March 12 Quest Log

Quest 1: tracked my food

Quest 3: up by 6:10 to stretch and also in bed before 10:15

Life Quest: no coding practice

March 13 Quest Log

Quest 1: tracked my food

Quest 2: ho boy. So this went interestingly. Call it 1.2 circuits completed. I, obviously, didn't get very far in to my workout before my left knee started to feel like I maybe shouldn't be pushing it. I completed my pull ups, dips, chin ups, and pushups of circuit 2, just left off the rest of the leg workouts after squats and some lunges. I think I need to look into some knee strengthening stuff: this particular knee has been trying to start trouble for a little while now.

Quest 3: up by 6:10 and stretched and on a Friday I was in bed by 10:15

March 14 Quest Log

Quest 1: tracked my food though there wasn't a lot to track. Mostly crackers and apples since I spent the day on the couch feeling terrible.

Quest 3: hahahahahahaha, nope to all

March 15 Quest Log

Quest 1: tracked my food and was able to go to my cousin's baby shower and eat real(ish) food! Yay for feeling better.

Quest 3: not up at time (but it's the weekend) but stretched some and yet didn't get to bed on time (so close though)

Life Quest: html practice!

Level 5 Human Assassin

Week 3 Wrap Up

Quest 1: Track all caloric intake and exercise

M, T, W, R, F, Sat, Sun

7/7 Success!

Quest 2: Bodyweight workouts

M, W, F

3/3 Success, but the quality of the workouts wasn't quite what I'd want it to be

Quest 3: Stretching and sleeping

3a: In bed before 10:15

M, T, W, R, F

5/5 Success

3b: Up before 6:10

M, T, W, R, F

5/5 Success

3c: Stretching

M, T, W, R, F, Sun

6/5 Success

Life Quest: Coding

T, Sun
2/3 Decent

As with last week, my numbers do not reflect the way I feel about the last seven days. I look like I did OK (and I did, as far as just doing things goes). But the quality of what I did, especially my workouts, is lacking. Of course, I wasn't feeling well Wednesday and my knee troubled me on Friday, but dang it! I want to be a superhero without petty concerns like that! (Though admittedly Hawkeye has his share of not feeling well days, so I should accept it...)

Here's to trying again this week to do better!

• Like 2

Level 5 Human Assassin

Well, I think it's impressive that you kept at it for most of your challenges the whole week, even in the face of your setbacks. So maybe not overall improvement on your Graph of Awesomeness, but definitely something to proud of :)

But here's to rocking this week at (hopefully) full power!!!

• Like 1

level 4 medusa monk

STR 6 | STA 5 | DEX 5 | CON 6 | WIS 6 | CHA 4

challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)

myfitnesspal | fitbit | habitrpg

sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

Well, I think it's impressive that you kept at it for most of your challenges the whole week, even in the face of your setbacks. So maybe not overall improvement on your Graph of Awesomeness, but definitely something to proud of :)

But here's to rocking this week at (hopefully) full power!!!

Thanks! It is definitely an improvement in mindset from where I was a couple challenges ago where I would just NOT instead of at least trying a little. I think Graph of Awesomeness should be a quest next challenge.... ^_^

...man, that comic is awesome.

THE BEST

Level 5 Human Assassin

March 16 Quest Log

Quest 2: It was a lovely day yesterday! So I went for a run (1.7 miles in ~23 minutes [i am slooow]), which I'm not sure counts toward bodyweight exercises, and then did 2 sets of 10 pull ups and push ups, because I didn't want to ignore my arms after using my legs for running. (Seemed rude, y'know?)

Quest 3: up by 6:10 to stretch but the fiancé was having one of those evenings where when I'm crawling into bed, he wants to talk about LIFE. So I did not get to bed on time.

Life Quest: no coding today

Votes, anybody? Does my run+arms count for a bodyweight workout day or am I on the hook for 3 this week still?

Level 5 Human Assassin

considering that I would normally run on one day and do push-ups / pull-ups on another day, I'd count it. unless you have some kind of secret time for bw workouts? I generally don't count them as a discrete workout if they take less than 20 minutes, but that's my own secret time threshold.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

considering that I would normally run on one day and do push-ups / pull-ups on another day, I'd count it. unless you have some kind of secret time for bw workouts? I generally don't count them as a discrete workout if they take less than 20 minutes, but that's my own secret time threshold.

Hmm, I don't have a secret time threshold, hadn't given it that much thought. I just considered a full circuit of three of the beginner or advanced bodyweight routines to be a full workout. But when the running is combined with the push ups and pull ups...I think I'll count it. It was a fairly full body thing. Thanks for the vote!

March 17 Quest Log

Quest 1: tracked food

Quest 3: not up by 6:10 but did stretch with bonus points for getting to bed on time

Life Quest: HTML practiceeee, aw yeah

March 18 Quest Log

Quest 2: 2 circuits of ABW with only 1 set of lunges due to time constraints. That exercise in particular seems to futz with my knee, so I'm going to leave it be for a little while, focus on things that don't hurt. On the bright side, I'm up to a 20 second negative on my pull ups. PROGRESS

Quest 3: up by 6:10 to stretch and got to bed on time

Also, it's basically official: I'm head over heels for Nightwing. Think I can have three men in my life as long as two of them are fictional? Yeah...it'll be fine :tongue:

Level 5 Human Assassin

I too vote for making the run/arms count for your bodyweight workout.  You covered much of the body's muscles and it is always good to add some variety (it is the spice of life!)

• Like 1

March 19 Quest Log

Quest 1: tracked food

Quest 3: Up by 6:10 and stretched, in bed before 10:15

March 20 Quest Log

Quest 2: 3 CIRCUITS

Quest 3: Up by 6:10 and stretched, not in bed on time

March 21 Quest Log

Quest 2: no workout required, did go for a long walk though

Quest 3: Not up by 6:10, no stretching, not in bed on time

March 22 Quest Log

Quest 3: Not up by 6:10, DID stretch, not in bed on time

Level 5 Human Assassin

Week 4 Wrap Up

Quest 1: Track all caloric intake and exercise

M, T, W, R, F, Sat, Sun

7/7 Success!

Quest 2: Bodyweight workouts

M, W, F

3/3 Success!

Quest 3: Stretching and sleeping

3a: In bed before 10:15

T, W, R

3/5 Could be a lot better

3b: Up before 6:10

M, W, R, F

4/5 Decent

3c: Stretching

M, T, W, R, F, Sun

6/5 Success

Life Quest: Coding

T

1/3 Ouch...

OK, so I need to work on getting to bed on time and keeping up with the coding but other than that, Week 4 was pretty good!

Level 5 Human Assassin

Yep, definitely gotta get more sleep. I might try to dial my time back to getting to bed by 10 to help with that...

• Like 1

Level 5 Human Assassin

March 23 Quest Log

Quest 2: 2 circuits due to time constraints (but I'm doing all of my push ups ON THE FLOOR [even if I take a 15 second break around 7 or 8 so that I can do it])

Quest 3: Up by 6:10 and stretched but got to bed just a couple minutes after 10:15

March 24 Quest Log

Quest 3: up by 6:10, stretched, in bed before 10:15

Life Quest: coding up in here! Though I finished the html/css course at Codecademy... I'm not ready to move on to anything else, I want to keep learning html/css, so I might go find another online teachy thingy and take more classes

March 25 Quest Log

Quest 2:  3 circuits!

Quest 3: up by 6:10, stretched, in bed before 10:15

Level 5 Human Assassin

OK, this is exciting enough that I'm putting it in its own post: I have muscle definition in my arms and shoulders!! Out of curiosity I flexed in the bathroom mirror and HOLY COW I am so impressed with myself! I mean, I know I've been getting stronger because of how I've been progressing with my push ups, but it's just really nice to SEE too. :D

• Like 1

Level 5 Human Assassin

Catch-up time!

March 26 Quest Log

Quest 3: up by 6:10 and stretched but I was out with my friends and did not get to bed on time

March 27 Quest Log

Quest 1: tracked my food and exercise

Quest 2: 2 circuits

Quest 3: up by 6:10 and stretched but, alas, did not get to bed on time

March 28 Quest Log

Quest 2: no workout required (though I was out dancing for the evening so that's gotta count for something anyway)

Quest 3: none of this happened since I went to bed late I woke up late (but it's the weekend so OK) and then we were out really late (read: 4am) for a friend's birthday party

March 29 Quest Log

Quest 3: not up by 6:10, did not stretch, but did get to bed on time anyway

Life Quest: CODING! I tried out W3Schools and while they're a little less hands-on all the time (like Codecademy) I am liking it and they're showing me things I didn't see at Codecademy.

OK. OK now it's time to wrap up this week and make a plan for this last challenge week!

Level 5 Human Assassin