M, T, W, R, F

5/5 Success

3c: Stretching

M, T, W, R, F

5/5 Success

Life Quest: Coding

T, Sun

2/3 Better than last week, anyway

Again, a good week! Again, needing to work on the sleep thing. Most of the time is just a couple minutes that I'm off by, so I just need a little more effort to start getting ready for bed a smidge earlier.

For week 6...let's try to get 100% on everything!!! ALL THE THINGS!

x-all-the-y.png

Level 5 Human Assassin

Current Challenge: x

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

- from "Hawkguy", Adam WarRock

AWESOME WEEK 5!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Week this far...

March 30 Quest Log

Quest 1: tracked food and exercise

Quest 2: 2 circuits

Quest 3: up by 6:10, stretched, in bed by 10:15

Life Quest: no coding

March 31 Quest Log

Quest 1: tracked food

Quest 2: no workout required

April 1 Quest Log

Quest 1: tracked food and exercise

Quest 2: 2 circuits

Life Quest: html practice

April 2 Quest Log

Quest 2: no workout required

Quest 3: up by 6:10, stretched, not in bed on time (I mean I kind of went to bed on time though? I was in bed and fiancé and I were snuggling and sort of snoozing but the light was on so I'm not counting it as on time)

So far...I am on track to hit 100% on all my goals. Just gotta make sure I hit tonight and Sunday for bed time, do some coding tonight and one day this weekend, and that's mostly all I need to really try at. Everything else just kind of automatically happens at this point.

Level 5 Human Assassin

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

April 3 Quest Log

Quest 2: no workout, instead there was a last minute family dinner with a step-brother I haven't seen in like 11 years and his wife where I drove down to Denver (like 1.25 hours from where I live)

Quest 3: up at 6:10 and stretched but due to dinner and drive times, did not get to bed on time

Life Quest: lots of family...no coding

April 4 Quest Log

Quest 2: originally planned to do missing Friday workout Saturday morning before a friend came over to play Ingress...buuut I wasn't feeling great so I decided it would be best to work on feeling better because after Ingress friend there was game night with people I'd never met...so no workout

Quest 3: none of these due to late bedtime night before, forgetting, and game night with people

Life Quest: I did manage some coding practice between engagements though

April 5 Quest Log

Quest 2: did not workout today either, Easter with the side of the family that it takes so much mental energy to be around

Quest 3: none of these again I was so close to proper bed time but took just a little too long getting ready

Life Quest: studied a few html tags while watching DS9 so...that counts for like half, lol

Week 6 and full challenge wrap up coming soon

Level 5 Human Assassin

Week 6 Wrap Up

Quest 1: Track all caloric intake and exercise

M, T, W, R, F, Sat, Sun

7/7 Success!

Quest 2: Bodyweight workouts

M, W

2/3 Bah

Quest 3: Stretching and sleeping

3a: In bed before 10:15

M, T, W

3/5 Could be a lot better

3b: Up before 6:10

M, T, W, R, F

5/5 Success

3c: Stretching

M, T, W, R, F

5/5 Success

W, Sat, Sun (0.5)

2.5/3 Pretty good

Unfortunately, I didn't hit all 100% like I wanted to...but hey, life, amirite?

Up next, full challenge wrap up.

Level 5 Human Assassin

Six Week Challenge Wrap Up

Quest 1: Track all caloric intake and exercise

Desired number of days: 30

Completed number of days: 30

Grade: 100% A+

Quest 2: Bodyweight workouts

Desired number of workouts: 18

Completed number of workouts: 16

Grade: 89% B+

Quest 3: Stretching and sleeping

Desired number of days (up at 6:10am): 30

Completed number of days: 27

Grade: 90% A-

Desired number of days (stretching): 30

Completed number of days: 32

Grade: 100+% A++

Desired number of days (in bed by 10:15pm): 30

Completed number of days: 24

Grade: 80% B-

Desired number of days: 18

Completed number of days: 12.5

Grade: 69% D+

OK, I think we all saw the coding one coming. But check it out, I did well on the rest of them! (Obviously I need to get some more sleep on a consistent basis, but hey, it's still a B!) I feel pretty good about the way this challenge shook out, and even though the last week of the challenge didn't work out the way I wanted it to, I'm mostly OK with that because of the things I was able to do. So, averaged out, it's a win.

In the next challenge, I'll be focusing on diet for one of my quests. That's what quest 1 this time was all about, after all: establishing a baseline from which to go forward. I'll still be working out, and that'll be a quest. But I don't think I will have sleeping as a quest next time. It's an important component, of course, but I think I've gotten the point over the last six weeks. I will still want to go to bed on time as we move on. Coding...is important. But it won't be a quest next time. I'll just do some poking around with it when I have some time and inclination. A friend suggested I buy myself a domain and just practice that way, and I have to admit the idea has some appeal.

So, overall, I'm pleased with what I was able to do this challenge and I look forward to pushing the box a little further next time!

Level up!

• Like 1

Level 5 Human Assassin

you did so great! that's practically 100% compliance on most of your goals!

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.