elinox: Do You Believe In Magic?

elinox

I walked over my lunch today. I wish I could read while walking or have a device to listen to music on. Just walking with nothing to see but other people working out and boring stuff on the TV I can't hear anyways makes it hard to enjoy just walking. 

Walking: 5/18

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

Walking without any distraction (or unhelpful distractions) is tough and not fun.  But you did it!  That makes you tougher.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

I listen to a podcaster who uses his runs as a form of active meditation, listening to his breath. I've also done walking meditations, where you focus on the feel of your foot on the ground or the movement of your arms. Maybe something like that could help with the boredom? And bonus stress relief on your lunch break! 

Level 8 Princess Ranger

Current Challenge: Firedance Befriends a Dragon | Epic Quest

I listen to a podcaster who uses his runs as a form of active meditation, listening to his breath. I've also done walking meditations, where you focus on the feel of your foot on the ground or the movement of your arms. Maybe something like that could help with the boredom? And bonus stress relief on your lunch break! 

Doing a walking meditation would be great, accept I find it hard to concentrate with the things still going on around me at the gym: people walking back and forth with weights, the TVs on, thumping weights, etc. And if I close my eyes I worry that I'll trip and hurt myself. :P Perhaps once the weather gets warmer I could try a walking meditation outside; that would be nice.

Sweet Treats: 2/25

• Like 2

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Your goals are great.  I need to rewrite mine to make them sound better. (Not actually change the goal, just add spice to them).  I found a great pod cast if your into history.  Hard Core History by Dan Carlin. 

Keep up the work.

Thanks!

I found that the more challenges I got involved in, the more refined my goals became. My first challenge was only about a year ago, but the goals were simple: eat better and become stronger. Once I got the base down then I started making the goals more specific like weight lift 3 times a week became lift X amount by the end of the challenge. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

In keeping with the doc's orders, I changed up my weight lifting routine today. Instead of a bar squat (100lbs last week, huzzah!) I did dumbbell squats which I think worked my legs better, but were hard to hold onto. And I tried dumbbell fly instead of Arnie presses and felt pathetic at only lifting 5lbs! However, I did manage 6 reps for my bench press at 80lbs! 

Bench Press: 1/80lbs

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

Dumbell fly exercises really isolate the chest, so don't feel bad that you need to start with a lower weight.

Great work with your bench press!

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

I walked over my lunch break today, but not as vigorously as I might have since I was reading in an effort to finish my current book. Still, I figured any form of exercise I can get since I have a desk job is worthwhile!

Sweet Treats: 3/25

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

We got more snow yesterday and the higher ups sent us home from work early which stopped my normal workout routine (over lunch and then after work). I did get about a mile walk in though from the bus stop and then I shoveled the driveway for about 45 minutes. Shall I count that as my uphill walking?

Sweet Treats: 5/25

Current Challenge: 

Shoveling snow is most definitely a workout. The wetter and heavier it is, the more you exert yourself.

Living in the Boston area, I'm very familiar with shoveling as a workout routine these days.

As for if it counts as walking uphill, that would depend on how much lifting you did with the legs, I guess.

Level 5 Lycan Adventurer | Male, Age: 41 | STR 8 DEX 5 STA 6 CON 8 WIS 14 CHA 10

Nerd Fitness Challenge: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #5(redux)

Accountabilibuddies Groups:

Previous Accountabilibuddies Groups: The Wild Hunt, The Wild Hunt Rides Again,The Wild HuntThe Wild Hunt

TwinBear's Weight Loss : Starting Weight (235lbs), Current weight (200lbs), Goal weight (195lbs)

87.5%
87.5%

Walked over my lunch at the gym. And my new MP3 player made it much more enjoyable this time!

Walking: 6/18

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

Walked over my lunch at the gym. And my new MP3 player made it much more enjoyable this time!

Walking: 6/18

Ooh yay!!! That should definitely make the walking more enjoyable. Moving snow is the worst. Standing outside waiting for a train is worth not having to shovel out a car!

Level 8 Princess Ranger

Current Challenge: Firedance Befriends a Dragon | Epic Quest

I went to the gym today and stuck to my 1200 calories! This is a big win for a Saturday!

Walking: 7/18

Sweet Treats: 6/25

Weekend: 1/6

• Like 2

Current Challenge: 

Yesterday, since it was actually sunny and warm (mid-40's!), the husband and I went for about a 2 mile walk to the grocery store. I was also good all weekend long with only 1200 calories Saturday and Sunday! This is a huge win!

Weekend: 2/6

• Like 2

Current Challenge: 

Great weekend!

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Thanks! It was really hard, since I am used to having a blow meal on the weekends, but necessary, so I can fit into my wetsuit for Cozumel in May!

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

Thanks! It was really hard, since I am used to having a blow meal on the weekends, but necessary, so I can fit into my wetsuit for Cozumel in May!

Reminded me of Kipling, "The Gods of the Copybook Headings". 

We make all sorts of justifications, but in the end it is always cold, hard reality that steps in and lays down the law.

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Will you be scuba diving i Cozumel?

Oh cripes yes! It's the reason we're going! The husband and I had done discovery scuba as a cruise ship excursion a few years ago in Cozumel with a wonderful dive master named Alex. Since it was so awesome, we decided to get certified where we'd had such a great experience before. So in January of 2014 we spent a whole week there getting certified; nothing but diving! Now we're going back, for two whole weeks this time, to get our advanced open water certification. We're very excited! :D

I did weights at the gym yesterday over lunch and then went to the gym again after work to walk. I feel like I'm spending all my free time in a gym!

Walking: 9/18

Sweet Treats: 8/25

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

Awesome, I got certified in college and actually had a job diving in rivers looking for an endangered salamander.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellbender

We've gone diving now in both the Caribbean and a local quarry; and the crystal clear visibility in the Caribbean (100 feet on a good day) is much more fun! ;)

And if I saw a foot long salamander while diving in the quarry I would be concerned; they're huge for salamanders! 

Current Challenge: