Kyliewyotie

I want to say thank you to everyone that helped encourage me last time, and everyone that will follow along this time.

It really helps.

My life atm is a bit chaotic, I have 2 more weeks of 14+ hour days.  Then I should be back to a more normal schedule.

My last challenge was all about maintaining some resemblance of fitness in the midst of this work schedule.  I did that by incorporating some activities into my daily activity.

I like that and plan to carry some over.   

Paint by numbers, were always fun as a kid.  I also like the idea of tracking numbers ( as long as it doesn't get overly complicated.)

So my goals will all be based on numbers I want to hit, stay under, or overcome.

Y6qSOYl.jpg

1. Lift + body weight 3 times a week.  

I started lifting heavy weight 2 challenges ago and I like it.  I will also use my time tested body weight routine after. I like both, and want to continue using both.  

Simple to judge I either do it 3 times a week or I don't.

2. Walk 10k steps everyday.

I started this last challenge and I like it, so I will continue it.  My phone keeps track of this for me.

Again simple to judge, I did it or I didn't.

3. For F^*k sake just eat right dummy, stay under 2k calories.

This is my goal from last time "This is regularly a goal for me, and I have had off and on success.  I traditionally gain quite a bit of weight in Jan/feb because of my work.  The plant always has an incrediable amount of junky food around since were all here so long.  last challenge I stayed even.  I want to eat in a deficit this time.  This boils down to a will power item.  I have set my self up for success with delivered meals etc.  I just need to not eat junk food! Wish me luck!"

Well again I have not gained or lost weight, so that is a fail last time.  I plan to weigh in weekly and post it!  I can't keep it a secret, someone will hold my feet to the fire ;)

I will track my food using my fitness pal, and weigh in weekly.

My starting weight is 214.7lb 

For grading purposes, I will keep my daily food consumption to under 2k, and the weight in is just to hold me accountable.  I don't want to look like a failure to all my NF buddy's.

Life Goal 

Have fun at least 1 time a week!

Work has been overly taxing.  Long days, working weekends etc.  I am stressed out, and tired, and bored.

I will be making time to have organized fun at least once week.  Go shooting, off roading, knife throwing with my buddies, watching super hero movies, card games, etc.  I have lots of and interesting hobbies/friends, and I feel very disconnected from them.  I want more pictures of me smiling doing what I love.

TLDR;

1. lift 3 times a week

2. walk 10k steps daily

3. Eat less than 2k calories

4. Have organized fun at least once a week

Again thanks for the comradely, good luck to everyone.

And now for my obligatory Wile E Coyote Gif of awesome

ggGMRDC.gif

• Like 1

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer
STR 27  DEX 18  STA 15  CON 14  WIS 14  CHA 12

Current Challenge

omg yes 2 weeks left!  there is light at the end of the tunnel.

so day 1 went well.

1867 calories

got a great strength training session in

10919 steps

so check, check, check.

I am trying to set up a game night for the weekend with some friends, but nothing solid yet.

Good luck everyone

• Like 1

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

Great goals! Also wow what kind of work do you do that requires 14-hour days for two weeks? I only get those kinds of hours during our conventions.

The organized fun goal is probably my favorite goal here! It's so easy to get caught up in work and maintaining your home and life and bills that fun aka the MOST IMPORTANT thing in your life gets put aside. Great job keeping that balance!

Level 4 Assassin 

Hufflepuff House

Sunlit Embraces Earth and Sea - Current Challenge

Great goals! Also wow what kind of work do you do that requires 14-hour days for two weeks? I only get those kinds of hours during our conventions.

Thanks.  I work at a power plant.  When we take a boiler offline it costs us ~25k an hour in lost revenue.  We are also spending 5.5 mill; in the next 2 weeks, in repairs.  Its very stressful, very rush rush,  very taxing.  It requires that I work 14ish hour days 6 days a week.  I have been doing this since Jan 1st and have 2 more weeks to go.  Luckily I only have 8 more week like that spread through the rest of the year once this batch is over.

Keeping my fitness in mind, is difficult.  Including my mental fitness, so I have been trying hard to find ways to keep myself together during this period.  Having some simple checkpoints will help, i think.

I just keep telling myself

3+, <2k, >10k, have fun!

Thats my challenge in a nutshell. 

• Like 1

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

You're almost there, man! 2 more weeks and you're golden.

• Like 1

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos

Glad you clarified about the fun; "no fun yet" is a pretty bleak sentence.

Yeah I typed it and thought, that's not competently true.  I mean I have fun joking with some guys at work, and I have fun playing the dog, and I have fun hanging with my wife, etc.

But my goal is more about dedicating a block of time to something "special"  To that end I am trying to organize a table top game night this Sunday.   Some magic, cards against humanity, etc.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

To that end I am trying to organize a table top game night this Sunday.   Some magic, cards against humanity, etc.

Cards against humanity is a great/terrible game. So far I've all of the friends who have played seem to have enjoyed it. I keep waiting for some "slightly too sensitive" friend to stop talking to us after a night of laughter and terrible-ness.

tinkerer
Level 14 Elven Blacksmith

current challenge - yearlong quest

14 13 12 11 10 9.1 9.0 8 7 6 5 4,2 4.1 4.0 3 2 1

As a side note I started using HabitRPG to track my progress and to do my daily to-do list.

I live off my to-do list at work, and now it adds some fun to checking things off as I go.

Its kinda cool, if anyone else uses their phone as a to-do list, this app/site makes it cooler.

Also I joined the unofficial NF guild, and there is even an Assassin party, where we fight dragons and stuff together.

OK that's the ends of my plug, lol.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge

Looking good, bro! Hope your game night rocks - just don't wake up the neighbors. ^^

• Like 1

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos

new weigh in 210.6

I lost 4.1 lbs last week.  I don't expect it to continue that fast, but what a good start!

Friday

3/3 on str training

1498 calories

11844 steps

sat

sun

2494 (went out for pizza with the wife,and said fuck it.)

14461 steps

also I bought a garmin fitness watch thingy.  I am happy so far, seems to be more accurate with my steps, and provides me with a good visual reminder to get up and move around.

Also had a great game night with some friends.  We played a game called super fight, its absurd and fun.

life is great hope you all have a great day.

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer

Current Challenge