Teddie kicks it up a notch

teddie.bare

Life is feeling good again. I've been in a groove for a while now, but I'm still struggling with a plateau. I'm going to change a few things, and see what additional progress I can make.

BADASS WOMAN

• Part of my level 50 involves reducing my consumption. Last challenge I made a lot of progress in my kitchen. In addition keeping up on the kitchen, I am also taking on the closet. I have gone through it several times, but really need to get serious. I will have this pared down and under control by the end of the challenge. I need to wear clothes that I'm iffy about to make decisions on them, and will spend time 3x a week going through stuff.

• After my tattoo artist told me my skin was acting very dehydrated, I downloaded a silly water app, which was greatly eye opening. It's called Plant Nanny. It's an adorable little game that grows a plant as you drink your water for the day. Yeah, I'm no where near where I need to be. I need to get in just over 100oz a day, and I'm getting more like 50. So I will really be focusing on Drinking Water. I have the app to help track my progress, and I really need to buckle down. My water can have BCAA or lemon and apple cider vinegar, but nothing else counts. I need to drink 104oz of water a day and track it.

• I have been focusing on increasing strength in a different ways, but I still need a kick in the pants to bring my fitness to the next level. I received my first testosterone pellet implants, and I'm ready to have my behind handed to me in the gym. I found an adorable CrossFit-like gym that has Group Skills Training Classes. I need to attend 2-group classes a week at the new gym.  EDIT: After a 50% injury rate, I'm changing this to purposefully increasing intensity 3x a week in my current training.

SIDE QUESTS

• I need to focus on my overall activity, I've gotten a little lax. So, I must hit my 10,000 step goal 5x a week.

• I need to get a follow-up BodPod scan. I was pretty upset by the last one, but I think seeing some progress will help. Especially after doing the new workouts for a good month before my new scan, and having my testosterone in. I have a second BodPod scan completed.

MOTIVATION

9b9a20f38e18d63e3f4e1ef8712a9b17_zps7da6

PROGRESS:

Week 1

Closet: Pass.    Water:  Pass.    Group Class: Fail.

SIDE QUESTS:

10k Steps: Pass.

Week 2

Closet: Pass.    Water:  Pass.    Group Class: Pass.

SIDE QUESTS:

10k Steps: Pass.

Week 3

Closet: Pass.    Water:  Pass.    Group Class: Fail.

SIDE QUESTS:

10k Steps: Pass

Week 4

Closet: Pass.    Water:  Pass.    Increase Intensity: Pass.

SIDE QUESTS:

Week 5

SIDE QUESTS:

10k Steps: Pass   BodPod Scan: Pass.

Week 6

SIDE QUESTS:

Summary:

Clean out my Closet: Pass.   

Drink more Water:  Pass.   

Increase Intensity: Pass.

SIDE QUESTS:

BodPod Scan: Pass

• Like 2

You aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have.
Challenges: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10  • 11 â€¢ 12 • 13 • Current

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee

Half way thorough my last glass of water

35A779BE-F35A-4A6F-8D98-46C57B4D5BCC_zps

Ugh. Definitely going to take getting used to.

My workout today was SO HARD. It's my last 3 workouts of my current routine, and they are all 10/10/12/14 rep drop sets. The overhead presses nearly killed me. I was seriously weaker than normal today. But I got it done.

Tomorrow is lardio. Then maybe awesome guided meditation on mindfulness with a really real monk before he goes back to Tibet. I'm geeked. I just hope the roads around here are a little better by the time I get off work. It would normality be my group class day, but I can't pass this opportunity up.

287F8360-6FB7-4CD4-8BEA-DE59DF9E8263_zps

• Like 2

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee

Updates! :)

Got my 10k steps both days this week so far. Yesterday was a little harder, I had to do my first 15 min of cardio on the seated bike, so it wasn't giving me steps. And then I spent the entire evening with a lama, which was AMAZING. Here, just look at how wonderful this soul is:

27DE2FF3-CA10-4019-AB5F-04EA2F453C36_zps

This was seriously one of those life-changing experiences. His lecture was on Loving Kindness, and it was killer. I have a lot to think about. None the least of which is my class ;) I was going through my Nerd Fitness Academy quests, and I have BY FAR done more Druid quests than any other. Like, I only have 5 quests left out of the 18 on there. Most of the other classes I've only managed to complete 1 or 2 of the quests, but I just rock out the Druid stuff. Definitely something to think about (not that I don't love my Assassins, but maybe I'm a Assassin Warrior Druid? IDK). I guess I don't focus on my Druid-ness because it's easy for me, and it's something I've done for so long. I kind of stopped doing it because it wasn't as challenging in the ways I wanted, and I didn't have any guidance on how to go to the next level (it's like grinding for xp, just killing rat after rat, but not being able to find the entrance to the next level). I've been really grasping at things that I WANT to do, but am not any good at. But I need to ponder how to incorporate them all.

Anyhow, I'm totally counting the class last night as one of my 'after work group classes' because my soul needed it. I took time out of my family time to do it, which is where I struggle with the after-work events. My husband gets super grumpy about it, and I'm working on how to get everything to work together. Now I have to ponder adding Meditation on Tuesdays, which will further complicate things.

Water is going well. I've hit my goal the last two days. But something odd is happening. I am waking up at night, but not to use the restroom. I have been waking up SO THIRSTY. Like mouth is a desert thirsty. I need to keep some water by my bed I guess. It's the strangest thing. I can't remember the last time I woke up so thirsty, maybe when I was pregnant? That's new and different. But I did manage to flush out the couple pounds of water weight I had accumulated, and I can get my ring off again, so that's good.

I took the outer bandage off of my incision last night. I still have a steri-strip on there. My hip is still moderately sore, but nothing serious. I haven't been poking or prodding it too much, though. The first day I could tell my hormones did a wild dip, but I'm feeling better now. It should take 6 weeks for the full effects to peak, and I'll have blood work at that time to see how it's going. My first workout was terrible, so we'll see how today's goes. I'm heading down there for leg day now, hopefully my incision doesn't mind plie squats.

• Like 1

For what it's worth I'm a scoutish monky assassin myself.

Love the lama picture.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I cannot tell you guys how much better I'm feeling this week. Better than I've felt in a year. I think it's a combination of increased water and the testosterone kicking in. 

Yesterday I did the increased reps of the workout that totally wiped me out last week. I felt great the whole time. It was hard, but not like the normal 'fatigued out of my mind' hard. Today, my DOMS are like 2/10, where as last week they were like 7/10. I went down to the gym later than I wanted, so everything was taken again (@*$(&). I ended up doing 10 minutes on a rowing machine before a dreadmill opened up. For some reason I'm self conscious if I use the dreadmill to walk when it's snowing, because I know people are waiting to run on it. So I ran a mile, just to make sure I could still do it. It was a slow mile, but I didn't have to slow down or stop at all. I felt great. So then I hopped on the stair stepper and did another 10 minutes.

I have to come up 4 flights of stairs back to my floor. I break it up into two staircases because of my asthma. Walking out of the locker room, I felt like a million bucks. Everything was happy and humming great. The first set of stairs didn't even phase me (usually I'm slugging up them). Except for my customary 5-min of suck at the beginning of my run, the whole workout felt great. I can't say I've ever spontaneously ran a mile the day after leg day before.

If I feel this great now, I'm going to be a beast in 5 more weeks when my hormones are at saturation. It should last ~5 months after that. If this is what working out is supposed to feel like, I never want to go back. I was struggling so hard before! I could run more right now, I feel that good.

So this is why people work out ;)

My water is going great. My steps have been going great. We have another storm, so I'm not sure if/when I'll make it to my group gym next. I'm hoping tomorrow night. I could do Saturday if I tweak my schedule.

I've been waking up several time a night all week. I'm not sure what that is about, it hasn't been that long since I solved my last bout of insomnia. I hope it passes soon, though. I don't do well on bad sleep for very long. I've had a tension headache for two days now, and it started making me nauseous last night. A trap massage is in order.

• Like 1

YAY! what a great immediate response!

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Good job with the water!  That's a huge challenge for me.  I've figured out that I don't like warm water...I only like to drink it when its really cold. If its not cold, I have to add something to it.

That is too funny, I'm the exact opposite! If my water is too cold it hurts my teeth. I like room temperature water, but I can deal with a little cooler. I like it filtered, and with nothing in it. I'm very picky! I actually bring 2 bottles of my own filtered water in every day from home, but that gets old so I ordered a new filter-as-you-drink water bottle that should arrive tomorrow. I had NO idea how hard it is to get 104 oz of water in a day. But when I'm not drinking it, now I get thirsty really fast. So I think it's doing something good!

YAY! what a great immediate response!

I know! I mean, it's been 5 days, but that is still faster than I was expecting. Not that I'm complaining. I don't feel 100%, but I feel considerably better than I did. I hope this headache isn't related. That would be a huge bummer. But it feels like a tension headache. I can get headaches for stupid reasons, though.

It's odd how the body adapts rapid-fire when it's given something it desperately craves and hasn't had; waking up thirsty happens to me too when I start drinking like I'm supposed to for a few days, but it's hard to do in winter for some reason.

Woot for hormones rebalancing! Go kick some butt, in the most peaceful method possible :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Doing well this week. I couldn't make it to the gym today - I was locked in a room with some high-profile customers. So I did a half hour isometric workout while I was stuck in a chair. I'm starting to love those! It works your muscles in a different way, which is always a good thing. It isn't as intense as my other workouts, but sometimes that is good, too.

"An isometric contraction is nothing more than a movement where you apply pressure or resistance to an object that either resists back or doesn’t move.

Isometrics only works one individual muscle group. Therefore, the best way to perform these exercise movements would be to come at them from different positions or angles. This will give you the same effect as lifting weights because you’re using a full range of motion."

Basically, You use the furniture to workout. Like, grab underneath the desk, and flex your biceps pushing your hand against it for a set count, and then relax. I did a bunch of different movements with different body parts. You can use your hands for resistance for things like your neck. I used my hands, the chair, and the desk in front of me. I wish I could have done my last workout in my super drop set series, but I'll get it Monday.

I figured out a trick to make my water easier - a cup by my bed. I get 24 oz in overnight, so I'm already down a cup when I get up. Then I refill my cup right away, and drink it while I'm getting ready, so I have another one done before I even get to my car. I have one with my workout, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening. Totally doable. Trying to get 2 done (48 oz) at night is a bit on the hard side for me. Yay for making life easier. And still getting my goals in!

Not sure I'm going to make my group class 2x this week. This weather just blows, and my husband just got hit with a crazy work schedule. He is working 12 hours today, and 10 hours tomorrow. He'll got off just in time for me to go photograph a local convention. I might drag her to the gym with me, but I'm not all signed up yet, and I'm not sure what time the daycare ends on Saturday. So... we'll see what I can manage.

I have to decide what to dress as tomorrow - squee! so I'll have some awesome new comparison photos. Part of me just wants to drag out my standard Steampunk Princess Leia, but I also have most of the trappings for a pretty decent Kaylee from Firefly. I have some good general steampunk stuff I can throw together, and I have a really fun slutty Jeti... ugh I don't know. We'll have to see what I'm in the mood for tomorrow. But you'll get photos either way!

Quick updates, because I hate tapatalk

I've finally had enough of my routine not working any more. My diet did well for 8-months, but the last 6 months I've just been trying to cludge it into continuing to work.

This weekend I started fasting. I'm going to try it for a month to see how it goes. Nothing to eat after dinner until lunch. This will be right after my workout, which is the part that scares me. My reactive hypoglycemia is what led to insulin resistance, and I'm always afraid of a crash. But fasting is supposed to be great for insulin levels, so here goes nothing.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/intermittent-fasting-the-ultimate-weight-loss-hack.html

Why is it you aren't hungry until you decide to drastically change your diet? Darn it.

Yesterday I was on my feet for hours photographing a local convention. Today I chased a hyper 3-year old around a trampoline park for a couple hours. I'm exhausted. I still have to make snacks, finish laundry and dole out vitamins. Ugh.

Oh well. Here's my promised progress pic. I had someone take a few pro shots, so I hope those turn out, too!

45B4A6B4-A310-457B-9084-389948FD2864_zps

• Like 1

Tasmanian+devil+cartoon+pictures+looneyt

Yup, that is pretty spot on. I got hungry around 8:30am, like burning tummy hungry. I had some protein coffee, and then went to the gym. Holy hell, that was crazy. I am still bouncing off the walls. I am SO HYPER and HAPPY today. It's ridiculous. I used to be like this all the time, before I was in a car accident and suffered a bad head injury. I feel more like myself than I have in 19 years. I was doing HEAVY sets, then dancing around, then dancing while I set up, then doing another heavy set, repeat. I eyed the treadmill to run, but I was kind of out of time. I don't know how I ever contained all this enthusiasm before. YAY for getting back to some normal!

There are a few things I need to balance with the fasting. The whole reason behind my breakfast was to fulfill needs. I had protein powder to up my protein, I add two cups of spinach to get in more veggies, and I add psyllium husk powder because a low carb diet is super deficient in fiber. So for afternoon snack I made myself a chia pudding with raspberries and psyllium and then a big spinach salad with feta and walnuts. We'll see if that fills those same needs, just in the afternoon instead of the morning. I can say that IF it really helps control calories, but I imagined cutting a whole meal would.

Today WILL be a double workout day. I did my last Super Drop Set routine, working upper body. Tonight should be leg night at the group gym. Here's hoping I survive.

I have something unrelated and exciting. After the convention this weekend I got approached to do some private work. In exchange I'm going to get my femme Captain America costume done professional for Camp NF. I'm so GEEKED. I think I have it all figured out and it's going to be epic. It'll be different than anything I have, with a pinup/steampunk flair. Squee!

Ok, I'm going to try to go see how everyone else is doing. I have a hard time getting to other threads, but I have some free time today (and WAAAAAY too much energy)

Week 1 Update:

Closet: Pass. I now have 2 full bags to donate to my friend, and I threw out an armfull of nasty shirts from my husband. Bonus: I got rid of all my nasty old sports bras.

Water:  Pass. I am rocking the water! I figured out my schedule, and I'm even exceeding it some days.

Group Class: Fail. I am counting the Monk from last week since it was attending something after work, but the group class didn't happen. So fail all around, but that's ok. I still got 7 days of exercise in.

10k Steps: Pass. I did great with my steps! I had to hula hoop for 10 minutes before bed on Friday, but I did it!

Some interesting things from this week
This is the first time EVER that I can remember my daily average being 10k, and my daily stairs being 11. That's my goal, and that's awesome. Usually the weekend blows it.

I was telling my friends about how I'm drinking 104 oz of water a day, and one asked me if that was a gallon. I had no idea, so I looked it up. A gallon is 128oz, so pretty darn close! I actually will probably reach that today since I'm going to group class tonight. That's exciting considering I was drinking like 50oz before the challenge.

I went to the trampoline park with my daughter yesterday and had an amazing life goal moment. I paid to play with her, and we had a blast. Not only did I jump and play, but I chased her hyper behind ALL OVER that building. For 2 hours. She ran out of energy before I did :D  All I ever wanted was to be the fun parent who could keep up with her kid. AND I'M THERE! I got 3126 steps and 1.32 miles in during the 1 hr 19 minutes I actually activity tracked. And it was nothing!

I also hit 2500 miles with my fitbit. So that's awesome.

YAY! I am so thrilled for you. you sound so positive, so cheerful, and your ENERGY. it is BOUNDLESS. <3

• Like 1

I'm exhausted, but how cute is this picture? The flight suit is way too big now, but not bad for a quick and comfy cosplay. So glad I asked a photog friend to indulge me!

2040619C-798D-4BCC-9ADF-42F259C47387_zps

• Like 1

how cute? SO CUTE!

• Like 1

Updates from Yesterday!

Was over on both water and steps - yay!

I also made it to group class last night - ouch!

I had some major wins, which is always great. I did snatches! with a barbell! AND I got told how amazing my form is! I also did real assisted chin-ups! The kind with a rubber band and a real pull up bar! I'm so GEEKED. It was amazing.

It was also an hour of hell. I hurt today. Not DOMS hurt. Like, my tendons and joints are pissed hurt. It's not extreme, but it's definitely not DOMS. I'll have to just keep an eye on it, but I suppose tendons and joints need to get stronger, too. My wrists are also not happy. They are going to need to get with the program! Another great thing is that I did the whole work out. All of it. Every exercise I was assigned. I didn't puss out, I didn't lose steam, and I was physically able to somewhat manage at least a modification of everything. I remember when walking in from the parking lot (.25 mile) was enough to make me want to die. Now I can just jump into an hour-long crossfit routine and survive! how cool is that?!

In my journey to take charge of my health and happiness, I made some more appointments today. I am getting a hair cut (self care, obv), which I really need. I'm not digging my style at all since I chopped it, and I had to do some finagling to get in with my favorite lady. I also made an eye appointment with a good doctor. A lot of eye issues run in my family, and I need to stop going to the chain places. The bad part is they didn't have a same day contact fitting, so I had to make a follow up appt for that. I had lasik in like 2001 and it slipped when I got pregnant. I HATE wearing glasses and my photoshoot this weekend just reinforced my desire to do something different. I used to wear contacts, but haven't had much luck since the surgery. So I'm going to the best doctor in town to get fitted properly. I'm not really emotionally ready to commit to more surgery at this point.

My energy level was much more subdued today. I also hit a bad shaky point at one point before lunch. I was hungry around 8:30 like yesterday. The shakiness didn't last too long, and my morning coffee takes the hunger away. The good thing about this is that it means my body knows something is different. It's alerting me that I'm not doing what I always do. That is great, that means I'm shaking it up. I really hope that means some more fat loss progress along with my increased exercise.

Quick updates, because I hate tapatalk

I've finally had enough of my routine not working any more. My diet did well for 8-months, but the last 6 months I've just been trying to cludge it into continuing to work.

This weekend I started fasting. I'm going to try it for a month to see how it goes. Nothing to eat after dinner until lunch. This will be right after my workout, which is the part that scares me. My reactive hypoglycemia is what led to insulin resistance, and I'm always afraid of a crash. But fasting is supposed to be great for insulin levels, so here goes nothing.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/intermittent-fasting-the-ultimate-weight-loss-hack.html

Why is it you aren't hungry until you decide to drastically change your diet? Darn it.

Yesterday I was on my feet for hours photographing a local convention. Today I chased a hyper 3-year old around a trampoline park for a couple hours. I'm exhausted. I still have to make snacks, finish laundry and dole out vitamins. Ugh.

Oh well. Here's my promised progress pic. I had someone take a few pro shots, so I hope those turn out, too!

45B4A6B4-A310-457B-9084-389948FD2864_zps

Holy shit. I feel like I have to quote this just so the picture shows up again. Look at your progress WOW! This is absolutely amazing. And even without the progress side of it, the picture looks super super cool. I am so so so proud of you!!

• Like 2

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control