Teddie kicks it up a notch

teddie.bare

I'm really glad the hormones are working out for you. Great job on the wardrobe too, it's an impressive overhaul!

And hey, compliments are still compliments even if they're creepy haha. :tongue:

You know, it's like a light switch was turned on with the opposite sex the last week. I don't know what the hell. Well, actually I do. I started making an effort to wear things that fit right, I am wearing heels more often, and I got some properly fitting bras. All of a sudden I'm like some kind of celebrity. I actually had two different people - who I don't know by name - come charging at me out of offices today to tell me how good I looked. One of them actually said, "fuck! you are amazing. What is your name!?" - although that one was a female.

This is kind of triggering for me. This is why I maintained a higher weight most of my life - I don't get as much attention when I'm overweight (I still get enough to make me uncomfortable, though). I am very outgoing and friendly, I am super approachable, and I have a small waist and a big ass. I am also a HUGE freak magnet. Like, people say things to me that would be wildly unacceptable to any other human. It doesn't bother me, per say, but I need to be OK with the attention. It won't last forever. That's why I like strength training so much. I used to think I was weak if I was smaller - that's just stupid. I am stronger than I've ever been, both physically and in my own self defense. I don't have a problem telling people to take a hike like I did when I was younger. I think getting through this hurtle is going to be the make-or-break point for determining whether or not I'll be able to maintain my weight loss this time.

I took 10 minutes from this to go to the bathroom. On my way there someone stepped in besides me and started grinning at me, asking me which office I work in (sigh). I've worked here for 5 years. He might be new, but I certainly am not. It's comical, actually. I wish I had a camera today to show people how ridiculous it is. But it's taken me my whole life to get to this level of comfort with the attention. Part of me hopes that once I become visibly muscular that less people find that attractive.

Ok, I have to go close some stuff out. we'll see how many times I get stopped between here and there. I know it's a silly problem to have, but I'm just overwhelmed with the sudden onslaught of attention. It literally hasn't been like this since I was 16.

• Like 1

You aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have.
Challenges: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10  • 11 â€¢ 12 • 13 • Current

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee

This is kind of triggering for me. This is why I maintained a higher weight most of my life - I don't get as much attention when I'm overweight (I still get enough to make me uncomfortable, though). I am very outgoing and friendly, I am super approachable, and I have a small waist and a big ass. I am also a HUGE freak magnet. Like, people say things to me that would be wildly unacceptable to any other human. It doesn't bother me, per say, but I need to be OK with the attention. It won't last forever. That's why I like strength training so much. I used to think I was weak if I was smaller - that's just stupid. I am stronger than I've ever been, both physically and in my own self defense. I don't have a problem telling people to take a hike like I did when I was younger. I think getting through this hurtle is going to be the make-or-break point for determining whether or not I'll be able to maintain my weight loss this time.

I've been there too. there's nothing that brings the creeps to the street like that first warm day in NYC when all the ladies are wearing skirts... and you know, being overweight was really good for me too, because I really hate the sense of entitlement that many men have to *my time,* *my space,* and *my attention.* it was just too much for me. I'm feeling a little stronger about it now but that's partly because I've finely developed my WHY, FUCK YOU VERY MUCH response. ;)

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I've been there too. there's nothing that brings the creeps to the street like that first warm day in NYC when all the ladies are wearing skirts... and you know, being overweight was really good for me too, because I really hate the sense of entitlement that many men have to *my time,* *my space,* and *my attention.* it was just too much for me. I'm feeling a little stronger about it now but that's partly because I've finely developed my WHY, FUCK YOU VERY MUCH response. ;)

One of my most uncomfortable run-ins happened in NYC, oddly enough. We had way too much to drink and were being followed by some guys we wanted to get rid of. We somehow ended up in a dark ally, and when I was about halfway down it I hear "heeeey snowflake" from the other end. There's a special kind of creep in that city, that's for sure.

I definitely need to work on my FUCK YOU. I'm way too nice for my own good. I've gotten better at being direct, and saying what I mean, but I'm still giggly and stupid about it (sigh). I definitely need to take a few martial arts/self defense classes to help my confidence in that area. I don't feel as physically dominated like I used to, the muscle and strength has helped immensely in that area. But I still don't like to escalate things. That's the thing about having been assaulted, you never fully get over it. Really my only two long-lasting issues are not being firm enough, and not being able to sleep around strangers. All things considered, that's not the end of the world. At least I don't *feel* scared like I used to. I feel pretty confident over all.

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee

Ok where was I

Steps are phenomenal right now. Seriously kicking butt in this area. Like 14-17k steps a day, which is unheard of for me. My water is also going great, it's actually pretty second nature for me now. Fasting is going pretty hunky dory, although the scale isn't really moving. But whatever. I feel different, and I'm getting compliments. I feel thinner. I'll get my bodpod scan in the next week or so and see how that's looking.

I've managed to get sick, though. I have had terrible stomach cramps since last night, and I really feel under the weather. I skipped the gym today and went for a nice long walk instead. I'm feeling some better, but still not amazing.

The group gym has started messaging me about not going in. I really appreciate and like the place, but man I'm just struggling with this. Which is why I gave myself a month to see if I can make it work out. I'm coming to the realization that I'd rather do kickboxing once a week or something to get some extra activity in. But I'm not going to beat myself up about it either way.

Looks like I need to spend some time updating my walking to mordor spreadsheet. I think I'll do that now while I'm thinking about it.

Total miles traveled: 1413.8

I've made it to Rauros. I'm just over 365 miles from destroying the One Ring. Since January :D That's pretty darn impressive. My poor feet are so tired. I need a pedicure

• Like 1

Well, I got my first, "how much more weight are you going to lose!?" comment yesterday. She positively insisted I was tiny. While I appreciate the sentiment, my size 14 pants and 40% bodyfat beg to differ.

Today I decided to add a little intensity to my workout. For fun, I did a set of 5 burpees after warm up. It went OK, so I did a round between each set, and then at the end. I also did two sets of hanging leg raises.

I'm both confused and excited about where I'm at now. I look at pictures and I'm like, holy shit, whose tiny body is that? Even when I did burpees today, looking down my legs to my feet position before pushups, I was like, 'what the..?' My mom asked me what I saw when I look in the mirror. I'm still not sure how to answer that. I mean, I see ME. I don't know.

1AB210E7-435A-4EA8-AF0C-CD6221E7E0CD_zps

Look at this tiny person. The marvel shirt was a whim purchase a few weeks ago - it's from the junior's dept and actually fits my shoulders. I'm falling squarely in the 'normal' world, and it still blows my mind. My clothes that fit but were kinda 'weird' last year all look - right. I want to still change my composition to more lean, but I finally feel like I'm in the home stretch (even despite my annoying 7 month scale plateau).

I think feeling capable is my favorite part. I busted out burpees like it was nothing today, and that is amazing <3

• Like 1

I LOVE YOU

and you look amazing.

and I especially love that you're busting out burpees like: oh, let's see about this for a warm-up. Oh, I'll do them every time.

oh and: I also find that, as much as I am loving the new shape my body is taking, I still feel exactly the same as I did before. this is still my body. I still worry about muffin top. it's weird, you know? when does that go away?

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I LOVE YOU

and you look amazing.

and I especially love that you're busting out burpees like: oh, let's see about this for a warm-up. Oh, I'll do them every time.

oh and: I also find that, as much as I am loving the new shape my body is taking, I still feel exactly the same as I did before. this is still my body. I still worry about muffin top. it's weird, you know? when does that go away?

I definitely need to challenge myself and try more new things. Now that I'm actually seeing strength increases instead of just *flailing*, it's so awesome realizing I can DO things that I couldn't before. The hanging knee tucks were seriously amazing. They've never been that easy for me. The functional changes in my abilities has been nothing short of inspiring.

As for the body dysmorphia... mine is getting better. I can truly honestly for really say that. I used to pull my pants over my tummy fat every time I sat down. Every time. Now I do it maybe 2 times a day? just out of habit. Next week I'm giving up one of my security blankets: the oversized tank top over another tank top at the gym. I got a great new top from fabletics, and I'm going to wear it by itself. Do you hear me brain!? No blowsy cover up! I'm not really ready, but I need to be. I need to just get over having a little tummy - it's not a flaw, it's just a damn stomach. One that MADE A LIFE I'll have people know. It deserves better.

I think getting rid of clothes that made me feel bad has been a great first step. I wear things that fit and are flattering EVERY DAY. Even when I don't feel like it. I get compliments, I like what I see in the mirror, and the negative thoughts are becoming a faint spot in the rear view mirror of my mind. My arms look fat? just flex, that makes them amazing. Tummy not flat enough? turn to the side and see how much different it is from before. Feeling frumpy? bust out something that used to be physically hard (burpees, I'm looking at you), and suddenly everything is right in the world. It's all about shifting your perspective, even if you have to do it alot.

I kind of accidentally figured out fitbit has a new watch-type with HRM. Hmmmm, so tempting. I still can't wear one to work, so I will make a final decision when they change that policy here. I'm kind of invested in the fitbit brand, but the more indepth sleep stuff of the jawbone is attractive. I have time to do more research. Microsoft has a nice looking one, but I'm not sure GPS will be something I"m allowed to have here... too many choices!

Um, you guys. I just got data slapped :( it's good. Staci was having a discussion last night about lifters needing to eat more calories to lose weight. It really hit home, because I'm not eating more on lifting days.

Now, I'm no angel when it comes to tracking. Especially dinner. I will work on this. Some of these days I either didn't track, or forgot to put in dinner. But I've been on this stupid plateau, thinking I'm increasing my deficit, and cutting my calories with no effect (true). But I had NO IDEA by how much. I pulled up my net calories with my fitness pal - this isn't even considering lifting calories burned, it's only food - daily burn via steps.

Calorie20Trend_zpskfpmgfz5.jpg

Ok MFP, I get the damn message. I need to eat more. I was literally over here reading about a 3-day 1200 calorie egg fat fast. What the hell am I doing. What is my problem. I have to fuel my body. Clearly, a bigger deficit isn't doing me any favors. I'm sorry, body, I'm so sorry. I'll try to do better, I promise.

• Like 1

Um, you guys. I just got data slapped :( it's good. Staci was having a discussion last night about lifters needing to eat more calories to lose weight. It really hit home, because I'm not eating more on lifting days.

Now, I'm no angel when it comes to tracking. Especially dinner. I will work on this. Some of these days I either didn't track, or forgot to put in dinner. But I've been on this stupid plateau, thinking I'm increasing my deficit, and cutting my calories with no effect (true). But I had NO IDEA by how much. I pulled up my net calories with my fitness pal - this isn't even considering lifting calories burned, it's only food - daily burn via steps.

Calorie20Trend_zpskfpmgfz5.jpg

Ok MFP, I get the damn message. I need to eat more. I was literally over here reading about a 3-day 1200 calorie egg fat fast. What the hell am I doing. What is my problem. I have to fuel my body. Clearly, a bigger deficit isn't doing me any favors. I'm sorry, body, I'm so sorry. I'll try to do better, I promise.

MFP can be very eye opening can't it? When I decided to track, I figured out the same thing. It's just really hard after a lifetime of trying to always cut back on how much you eat. 

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

MFP can be very eye opening can't it? When I decided to track, I figured out the same thing. It's just really hard after a lifetime of trying to always cut back on how much you eat. 

I'm totally gobstopped right now. And I just remembered something. The last little weight loss I had was after a Saturday of eating all the food. I think a refeed is in order next week, for real. I'm going to up to 2300-2500 for a week and then go back to 1600 on cardio days and 2100 on lifting days. I'm didn't think I was working out hard enough to make my body freak out about lower calories, but my long stupid plateau is telling me another story. Just another point of proof that 'calories in/calories out' is just a bunch of bull. Thank you for helping me see the light on this :) Here's hoping it helps!

• Like 2

I have made an executive decision: I am changing my 'group class' goal to 'increase intensity'. I'm clearly never going to make it to the group training gym, and at a 50% injury rate, it's just not a good idea.

This week I added burpees to one workout and rope training to another. I got myself some resistance bands and did a great outdoor workout with those. I also went out of my way to walk my dogs 2x, which they desperately need.

This weekend I bought myself a heavy bag, and I'm geeked. I've had the mount forever, but they ran out of the original one I had ordered. It's been collecting dust for years, so I finally bit the bullet and found a bag. We had problems with the mount, but we have a solution and hopefully will get it up this week. I love punching bags so much, and I can't wait to be able to hit it out in the sunshine while my daughter plays on her swing set. It's going to be the beginning of my dream outdoor gym :D I also want to get some kettlebells, but I was hoping to find some for a reasonable price (grumble). I'm going to have to hit up walmart this week and see what they have, they look like the best local option.

It's about time for the gym, so I'll do a quick recap of this week:

Week 4

Closet: Pass.

Got another trash bag started, and it's half full. I found myself a pair of dress pants and a high waisted pencil skirt at the thrift store, both size 12 (happy dance). My goal size is a 10-12, and I'm so close! I'm wearing the new pants today and they are super comfy. It was a good find. I also got through half of my giant pile of panty hose, and found a few great keepers.

Water:  Pass.

Water was good. I have to keep it up this week because I have a big tattoo appointment on Saturday. Last time I was a little dehydrated and my skin was fighting him. I need this to be on point.

Increased Intensity: Pass

See above.

SIDE QUESTS:

10k Steps: Pass.

I rocked this one as well. 85,179 stpes, 36.26 miles, 62 floors climbed. I also won my very first workweek challenge! yay!

BodPod Scan: Not yet.

I already told my Hubby I need to do my scan this week. I'm thinking probably Friday, based on my crappy schedule.

It's my 2 year lifting anniversary this weekend, so I need to do some progress shots. I never get tired of progress shots ;)

Ok, lifting time.

• Like 1

I did some poking around the Academy to get some ideas for more intense options, and yesterday incorporated squat thrusts inbetween sets. I have a hard time jumping out and then immediately back up, so I added push-ups. It was basically like burpees with no jump. They went fine. I really focused on my time-under-tension, and man my arms are sore today! good sore, so that's something.

Today I'm going to try HIIT differently. I usually do my sprints 1 min on 1 min off, but I'm going to try 20 sec on 40 sec off. I'd like to make it 20 mins, we'll see. I'm going later than normal due to my schedule today, but that's ok.

My little one has caught a bout of insomnia this week and it's killing me. I've slept like 8 hours total over the last 3 nights. And yesterday she didn't take a nap at school, and then was up from 11pm-2am. Then the dog was sick at 4am. I feel like a walking basket case, I could snap at any second. I don't know what I'm going to do if she doesn't sleep tonight. I know her allergies are bothering her a little bit, but I don't understand how an active, healthy 3-year old can have insomnia. It comes in phases, so I think it's growth-spurt related.

hmmm which makes me think. If I can't manage HIIT, because tired, then I think I'll do some yoga and headstand practice. mmmmm that sounds way better than HIIT. I know it's not upping my intensity, but I'm so tired and stressed and run down, I think I need some time on self care.

Yesterday I ended up doing BOTH my HIIT and Yoga, which made me happy. My 20/40 sec HIIT was great, I think I like that way better. I was on the dreadmill for 17 mins. Then I practiced wall planks, and owie my wrists. Then I did a great stretch along with more flexibility stuff for hand balances. It ended up being a pretty decent workout.

I got some good sleep last night (thankfully). My daughter woke me up twice, but only for a minute. I was so tired, I don't even remember falling asleep. I still wasn't moving very fast this morning, but whatever.

I just got done with my last strength training session for the week. I do most of my stuff on my leg day with 30/40/50 lb kettle bells. Our tiny gym was a WRECK, and that was making my OCD go into over drive. I grabbed the 45 instead of the 40 when straightening up, so accidental increase. I also picked up the rest of the gym at the end, because I could not handle it. Seriously, how hard is it to put your shit back??

I did get-ups and hanging knee raises in between sets. I did the get-ups from laying down, which went fine. I just hate getting up/down off the floor. which means I should do it more. I also looked up a bunch of wrist exercises yesterday for hand stands, and worked on those. It was painful, so I'll be working on that for sure. I did one wall plank, but my arms are pretty sore, so I didn't push my luck.

I've already committed to do my BodPod scan tomorrow afternoon. So no gym. I'll do something in the evening, like take the dogs for a walk or hoop. I'm going to be reevaluating a lot of things this weekend with my diet, depending on what my results are. I've been doing a refeed this week, which I think my body really appreciates. My last scan said my BMR was 1307 - which is significantly lower than what I thought. If I use the NF calculation of 1.2 x BMR, that's 1568. Ugh. I guess maybe I'll do 1500 on cardio days and 1800 on lifting days for a month. I hate that I have to get so specific. I won't adjust for my daily activity yet, I just need to make sure to keep my carbs low enough, I might try to refocus on lowering those as well.

Gah. This shouldn't be so hard. I wish I just lost weight like a normal person. I wish I could just "eat less calories" and see the weight fall off. I've just never been that lucky. I'm PMSy and having a little bit of a "why can't I just be normal" pity party today. I know, normal is boring, but some times it would be a welcome change :/

aw dude. you ARE losing weight like a normal person. I don't know how it works for the general masses, but those people who quickly and easily lose weight? honestly, it comes back for them. really honestly. I am taking kind of a vicious glee in saying to people "YOU TOO CAN LOSE 22 POUNDS IN 17 MONTHS" because it's so counter to the American Weight Loss Industry Narrative, you know?

also you are losing FAT. I can't wait for what your bodpod says today. you are keeping MUSCLE.

as far as the food/calories goes -

I can't remember, do you eat back your exercise?

the way I've been looking at the numbers is like this:

calculate BMR (because I'm a giant this is 1615) --> calculate TDEE (actually LoseIt uses 1.45 for a light/office sedentary worker, so this is 2345 -- which I'm thinking honestly is a little high).

Set a deficit for weight loss (I'm using 500 calorie deficit = 1 lb per week according to math)

exercise and log exercise

eat within my deficit, even if I'm eating back exercise calories.

some weeks I'll fiddle with it and NOT eat back exercise calories,

other weeks I will eat back ALL of my exercise calories.

I don't know if it works or not, but I think it totally keeps my body on its toes.

THAT SAID I was also on team plateau for months and months, and only recently lost weight. so take that as you will.

but! I don't think this is talked about enough:

the closer you get to your goal weight, the slower you will lose weight.

I can't find anything written down about this in super clear "rule of thumb" form, but it's totally true.  and a HUGE bummer.

this article talks about it a little bit, and there's a model linked to in the article that you may also want to geek out to.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/dieting-vs-exercise-for-weight-loss/?_r=0

• Like 1

aw dude. you ARE losing weight like a normal person. I don't know how it works for the general masses, but those people who quickly and easily lose weight? honestly, it comes back for them. really honestly. I am taking kind of a vicious glee in saying to people "YOU TOO CAN LOSE 22 POUNDS IN 17 MONTHS" because it's so counter to the American Weight Loss Industry Narrative, you know?

also you are losing FAT. I can't wait for what your bodpod says today. you are keeping MUSCLE.

as far as the food/calories goes -

I can't remember, do you eat back your exercise?

the way I've been looking at the numbers is like this:

calculate BMR (because I'm a giant this is 1615) --> calculate TDEE (actually LoseIt uses 1.45 for a light/office sedentary worker, so this is 2345 -- which I'm thinking honestly is a little high).

Set a deficit for weight loss (I'm using 500 calorie deficit = 1 lb per week according to math)

exercise and log exercise

eat within my deficit, even if I'm eating back exercise calories.

some weeks I'll fiddle with it and NOT eat back exercise calories,

other weeks I will eat back ALL of my exercise calories.

I don't know if it works or not, but I think it totally keeps my body on its toes.

THAT SAID I was also on team plateau for months and months, and only recently lost weight. so take that as you will.

but! I don't think this is talked about enough:

the closer you get to your goal weight, the slower you will lose weight.

I can't find anything written down about this in super clear "rule of thumb" form, but it's totally true.  and a HUGE bummer.

this article talks about it a little bit, and there's a model linked to in the article that you may also want to geek out to.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/dieting-vs-exercise-for-weight-loss/?_r=0

I love you :) and I needed the kick in the pants, so thank you. I am legit FREAKING OUT about my bodpod scan. I spent the entire drive in taking deep breaths, repeating "it's just data" to myself over and over. Then I'd think "but what if it's worse!?" Yeah, so what if it's worse? That is just more data for me about what might - or might not - be working. But it doesn't make it any less emotionally difficult to deal with. I work SO HARD and it sucks seeing less concrete results - or worse, backwards results.

Overall, I do not eat back my exercise calories. I chose 1600 as a goal. I let my fitbit tell MFP how much I "really" burned. I do not add in my lifting anywhere. Then I track what I eat. This week I have eaten above this arbitrary amount, after realizing my calories have been equaling out to around 1100/day with my activity. I had been staying around 1500-1600 calories a day, regardless. That's when I realized with my actual activity, this was dropping my average dangerously low.

But I've gained weight this week, after initially losing. It COULD be me gaining some muscle, but pffft. I just don't know what to do other than cry. I really need some good news, though. I need some validation that I'm doing the right thing, and that it's working. I shouldn't need that, but sometimes I just do.

I guess I'll just take today as 'getting a more accurate BMR' and go from there. On the 6- week "get fit quick" plan in the Academy, they take BMR x 1.2. I have two options, really. I can just do BMR x 1.2 for all days, or I can do something like 1.2 for cardio days and 1.4 for lifting days? That might be a good happy medium where I'm eating more on lifting days but still getting a good deficit? I have a thing in 7 weeks that I want to be really comfortable with myself for, so I might lean towards a daily goal based on BMR/TDEE until June.

IIFYM calculator says: BMR is:1355      TDEE is: 1863.  This is based off of my known BF%, so that's close to what they gave me at the last scan. They recommend 1584 for a slow loss. My maintenance calories look like they are around 1863. I'm feeling a little better about this strategy, using the maths to help me dial in the diet. I DO need to increase my protein and fat. The fat is the hardest.

Although I'm still confused since I've been keeping my calories at 1500-1600 forever and I'm not sure it's working. So who knows.

"eat within my deficit, even if I'm eating back exercise calories."

^^ I think this is the part I'm getting stuck on. I need to ponder it some more. I think keeping it mixed up helps your body not get 'stuck'. Maybe I'll vary it by week like you are. Staci recommended eating higher on lifting days, which is also a good strategy, but I think I'm over-thinking it.

That was a good article. I do forget that my metabolism is supporting a smaller body now. And don't get me wrong, I am SUPER pleased with keeping 75 lbs off. I know I'm not done losing, but at least I'm not gaining anything back (beyond a small 3-5 lb fluctuation). That's huge, and amazing, and I need to give myself more credit. It's just hard being SO CLOSE to all my goals, yet so far away (sigh).

• Like 1

I love you too. <3 and you are amazing, and I never want you to get discouraged and forget that. xoxo

here are my bodpod results. I've lost almost 1% body fat in 2 months. She said that was actually very good. So my weight is up a tooch, but my body fat is down and my lean mass is up. That means I'm doing it right, regardless of what the scale says (I haven't lost scale weight in almost 8 months).

If you are thinking of getting a scan DO IT NOW. I so wish I had the data from 75 lbs ago. I can get it free on the military base, but if runs around $50. They recommend every 2 months. Yay data!

BAEF4019-19E4-417E-B228-383A0C32CB28_zps

A5EC1722-9953-4344-BB4B-B5AD388218C5_zps

To celebrate I got Kettle bells for my outside gym. I cannot wait to swing them around this weekend in the sun!

438C7A6D-8E5D-4942-8934-67E8CBA8BD5B_zps

• Like 1

Yay for the fat loss and fantastic way to celebrate!

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Really cool, a scan like that! Maybe you've said it before but is it expensive? You don't live in my country but maybe it gives me an indication. Because it might be fun to do it, and then a year later and see if there's change you know?! 

Anyway I am happy that the results are positive. 

I do want to warn you, not because I'm trying to be annoying but because I did something stupid and I don't want you to. I weigh about 74 kg now. Before I started getting fit and everything I weighed about 72. Then I lost weight and got to 61kg. I got too obsessed. With calories, with everything. The weight didn't budge, I got upset. When the scale didn't show me what I wanted I cried. And restricted more. Looking back I ate too little. I was obsessed with food. I was in bed, trying to fall asleep feeling hungry. Hoping my boyfriend wouldn't notice the rumbling of my belly. I started having dinner earlier and earlier because I was so hungry, until my boyfriend said "well 4PM is really not dinner time yet". I broke down. I binged. I'm still dealing with the consequences now, as I have not completely shaken the habit, and I weigh more now than what I ever started out with. Losing weight is now really hard and mental for me. So I take it so easy that I see no result, because I a mbad at doing it halfway, I either go counting calories and being super strict, or not at all. So still finding my way and it's getting better. 

I hope you don't mind my long story about myself. But I just notice you attach too much value to your weight, and your body fat percentage. I am not saying you are like me, maybe you are a lot stronger. But please don't make this mistake ok? You look beautiful. Give yourself room to be happy and to breathe. Sure you can keep pursuing your goal, but it might be better for you if you make it less important. It upset me when you said you felt like crying. Please don't be like that to yourself. There is body health, and mental health, and they are BOTH important and you should not get body health at the cost of mental health. 

*hugs* 

Hope I didn't annoy you I really didn't mean to 

• Like 1

Really cool, a scan like that! Maybe you've said it before but is it expensive? You don't live in my country but maybe it gives me an indication. Because it might be fun to do it, and then a year later and see if there's change you know?!

Anyway I am happy that the results are positive.

I do want to warn you, not because I'm trying to be annoying but because I did something stupid and I don't want you to. I weigh about 74 kg now. Before I started getting fit and everything I weighed about 72. Then I lost weight and got to 61kg. I got too obsessed. With calories, with everything. The weight didn't budge, I got upset. When the scale didn't show me what I wanted I cried. And restricted more. Looking back I ate too little. I was obsessed with food. I was in bed, trying to fall asleep feeling hungry. Hoping my boyfriend wouldn't notice the rumbling of my belly. I started having dinner earlier and earlier because I was so hungry, until my boyfriend said "well 4PM is really not dinner time yet". I broke down. I binged. I'm still dealing with the consequences now, as I have not completely shaken the habit, and I weigh more now than what I ever started out with. Losing weight is now really hard and mental for me. So I take it so easy that I see no result, because I a mbad at doing it halfway, I either go counting calories and being super strict, or not at all. So still finding my way and it's getting better.

I hope you don't mind my long story about myself. But I just notice you attach too much value to your weight, and your body fat percentage. I am not saying you are like me, maybe you are a lot stronger. But please don't make this mistake ok? You look beautiful. Give yourself room to be happy and to breathe. Sure you can keep pursuing your goal, but it might be better for you if you make it less important. It upset me when you said you felt like crying. Please don't be like that to yourself. There is body health, and mental health, and they are BOTH important and you should not get body health at the cost of mental health.

*hugs*

Hope I didn't annoy you I really didn't mean to

I get the scan for free at work. But they run about $50 I think. So not too expensive. It's great to have the data, it made me feel better to know my hard work is paying off.

It was very sweet of you to share your story. I totally understand where you are coming from. Fortunately, besides compulsive overeating, I am not in too much danger of an eating disorder. I am not trying to pretend I have a healthy relationship with food, but severe restricting or purging are not things I've ever thought of engaging in.

I'm not really putting the value in my looks. My big why is "I am better than my genetics." I have watched four of my family members die in the last 7 years. My dad died in December. My last grandfather was put in hospice yesterday. I am literally the only one on my mom's side who hasn't had cancer. My sister had breast cancer last year and now is on watch for skin cancer. Heart attack. Diabetes. Stroke. Dementia. Alzheimers. My family history goes on. And on.

I am still high risk in every category due to my weight. I have a 3-year old daughter. I know I sound obsessed, but that's only because I am literally trying to save my life. I have to get down to a healthy weight and keep it there.

I appreciate the concern. I really do. I am trying to keep a good balance between getting healthy and enjoying life. That's why I eat whatever I want on Saturdays. I'm just hormonal and frustrated

It was an interesting weekend. Saturday I was woken up much earlier than I wanted, but it allowed me to get some hooping in before a very full day. I had to drive to another city, then had 4 hours of tattoo work done on my thigh. I drove back into town, saw some dear friends, and then went to a concert. I didn't get home until 11pm.

Sunday was also really full. I had to drop something off to a friend and run an errand. I washed the dog, did laundry and dishes, and then hung my new heavy bag and took my kettle bells outside. I did 15 mins on the punching bag and then a great 15 min kettle bell workout. My husband roasted chiles while I got my sweat on. We made dinner together and then I roasted veggies and got snack ready for this week. So good weekend, despite my daughter going through an annoying defiant stage.

Man, how did we just finish week 5 already?

Week 5

Closet: Pass.

Didn't have anything huge go on this week, I just kept focusing on putting things I didn't love into the donation bags. It has been amazing having just things I love in my closet. I'm sure I'll pare down even more, but for now it's working a lot better for me.

Water:  Pass.

Water was good. My tattoo artist gave me props for my hydration. Eating higher calories last week also helped my pain tolerance for my tattoo session.

Increased Intensity: Pass

I'm doing good with my modified goal. I did get-ups, hanging knee tucks, and yesterday I busted out on the punching bag and kettle bells instead of doing something low key like hooping.

SIDE QUESTS:

10k Steps: Pass.

Another good week.  73,493 steps, 31.18 miles, 63 floors climbed.

BodPod Scan: Pass.

My weight was up .6 lbs, but my body fat is down 0.7 lbs (or .8%), but my muscle is up 1.7 lbs. Very good data, and this was huge for setting my mind at ease. I still wish it was going faster, but slow progress is better than no progress :)