elizevdmerwe aka Amazon-Mom quietly slips in

MrsVan

Not very assassin-y but after the last two hectic weeks, I feel like Memphis tonight:

MEMPHIS: "You'll have to forgive me. The music's gone clean out of me."

MUMBLE: No, it hasn't. 6.jpgIt's just like singing with your body.

MUMBLE: It's just one big old foot after the other. That's it.

MEMPHIS [singing]: You don't have to be beautiful...

MAIN GOAL: Get that body composition in place - loose some weight! Loose 10kg by end of June 2015.

I lost a couple of cm during the last/first challenge, and in this week that I took off, inbetween challenges, I lost just over 1kg!

HOW:

Q1 - Exercise 3x/week: (for 6 weeks: A -> 3STR + 2STA + 2DEX)

• one Butt Blast (legs and glutes),
  • one AAA (Abs & Arms Annihilation),
  • one Jump & Jive session (Dexterity and Energy) with the boys (afternoons)

Q2 - Right of Weigh: (5-7 days per week for 6 weeks: A -> 2CON)

• Eat Paleo and drink 1.5Lt water (2x bottles) per day. Max. 2 small treats allowed per week.

Q3 - Sleep:

• 6-7 hours every night. (5-7 days per week for 6 weeks: A -> 1CON)

LIFE SUPPORT:

LG1 - Bible study on God's promises. (Keep up to date for 6 weeks: A -> 2WIS)

LG2 - Spend more personal time with my boys. (Keep up to date for 6 weeks: A -> 2CHA)

LG3 - Finances and Studies (keep up to date). (Keep up to date for 6 weeks: A -> 1WIS)

Starting off as a Level 2. Adjusted point-allocation to 15 at end of challenge.

• Like 3

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Hey, welcome to the Assassin's main hide out!!  

I'm working on transitioning my family to Paleo and hopefully getting us through a Whole 30.  Good luck with the challenge!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Awesome challenge! Looking forward to following. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Hey, welcome to the Assassin's main hide out!!  

I'm working on transitioning my family to Paleo and hopefully getting us through a Whole 30.  Good luck with the challenge!!

Thank you! It is, at times, a love/hate relationship with the Paleo. Hubby and I love the bacon and eggs, steak, veggies, etc. but the boys hate the "only cake/pizza/etc. every now and again" (they are gluten intolerant - used to get asthma). I sometimes fall into a rutt, then food becomes boring, but during the first challenge, some of the other recruits "reignited" the tastebuds to find other Paleo recipes.

Awesome challenge! Looking forward to following. 

Thanks! So nice "seeing" you again. Looking forward to reading about your challenge as well.

Butt Blast: (morning)

Squats, Rear Leg Lift, Speed Skaters, Bridge, Donkey Kicks, Doggy Leg Lifts, Reverse Lunges, Step Ups - start with 1 set of 10x each.

Arms, Abs Annihilation: (morning)

Core Wheel: forward rolls 15x, Left rolls 15x, Right rolls 15x

Grip 3-5sec. (increase hold time to hopefully do a pull up sometime), Supergirl fly 10x, Push ups (knees) 10x

Ball: Rear Deltoid 10x, Curls 10x, Overhead Press 10x, Lateral Raises 10x

Jump & Jive: (afternoon) one of the following

* Chase boys around garden, especially up the driveway;

* Follow the leader;

* Jumping Jacks, run up stairs - walk down;

* XBox Kinect game with boys (note to self - remember to change lightsaber arms in Star Wars!)

* Karaoke & Dance moves with boys.

WEEK 1: SUMMARY

Goal: Loose weight (cm also count)

Q1 - Exercise 3x/week: (for 6 weeks: A -> 2STR + 2STA + 1DEX)

• Monday Butt Blast (legs and glutes) - done
  • Wednesday Jump & Jive session - afternoon - rained all afternoon so the boys and I had a wrestling/tickling match on the bed. We stopped half an hour later when the dogs decided to join us, and the Lab is just too heavy ontop of the boys!
  • Friday AAA (Abs & Arms Annihilation) - Will do during the day. Woke up with a thunderstorm and had to calm down the dogs.

Q2 - Right of Weigh: Max. 2 small treats (5-7 days per week for 6 weeks: A -> 1CON)

• Eat Paleo: Monday / Tuesday (small treat) / Wednesday - boys insisted on making us pizza, so I bought wraps as a substitute base. Not gluten-free, but less flour - less gluten. / Thursday - went well! / Friday - ???
  • Water: Monday-1.5bottles / Tuesday 1 bottle / Wednesday - Thursday 1.5 bottle each day / Friday ???

Q3 - Sleep: 6-7 hours every night. (5-7 days per week for 6 weeks: A -> 1CON)

• Monday (6.5hrs) / Tuesday (uhh Hugh Jackman videos do not equat to enough sleep!) / Wednesday - Thursday just over 6 hrs each night / Friday ???

LIFE SUPPORT:

LG1 - Bible study on God's promises. (Keep up to date for 6 weeks: A -> 1WIS)

• Monday / Tuesday / overslept Wednesday / Thursday / Friday - very emotional reading verses about God's protection and realising how He has helped us financially with contracts, etc. the last month.

LG2 - Spend more personal time with my boys. (Keep up to date for 6 weeks: A -> 1CHA)

• Monday / Tuesday - reading to R, while oldest do Playball / Wednesday - wrestle/tickle / Thursday - read to each separately while the other busy with riding lessons / Friday - ???

LG3 - Finances and Studies (keep up to date). (Keep up to date for 6 weeks: A -> 1WIS)

• Monday / Tuesday - almost caught up with first course / Thursday - little bit extra / Friday afternoon - maybe catch up with one chapter on each course. Finances sort of up to date.

This week has just been hectic! Insurance came back to us after a week of phoning. Emergency repairs to our roof after the huge hail storm three weeks ago, was finished, but more water damage daily due to the workers taking the clay tiles off the overhangs and patching the roof. They said now we have to sort it out ourselves! So spent a lot of time this week getting hold of our previous contractor who fixed the roof two years ago. Got windows repaired within a day, and things are almost back to normal.

Hopefully next week will be calm again!

WEEK 1: SUMMARY

Got through most of the Life Goals, but not so much the exercises. Well actually did 2x and not 3x, so not too bad either, but it didn't feel right. Going to try for 3x a week, but 2x is ok as my main aim for now is to loose weight. The exercises help to energise me, as well as a health boost, but focus is on loosing weight. I tend to pick up weight when I exercise full out.

I know I am a bit emotional because of all the hassles and hormones, but that will just have to stop now as I have a lot to get through. Rocco's 6th birthday is in 2 weeks' time. He wants a Kids WipeOut party, which he and I planned, but now needs to actually materialise! He approved of the invite I designed, gave me a rundown on the friends to invite (which is everyone as usual), and drew me a picture of what he wants the cake to look like, what obstacles he wants for the WipeOut course, etc. The parents normally have just as much fun as the kids, as our birthday parties are a get-together for us all to catch up, visit and just have fun together - especially those we don't see regularly.

We will be praying for a hot, sunny, party day as autumn is on the way. Day temps have fallen from high 30's- 40C to barely reaching 20C!  Raining almost every day this last week.

• Like 2

Your workouts are impressive and I love how creatively you include your kids and garden!

Congrats on the weight loss and strength gain. It feels awesome, doesn't it?

By the way, my hubby is South African, so in a way we are SA sisters ;)

It is such a beautiful country!! Love visiting our family there from time to time (there are spread out between CT, garden route and the Karoo)

• Like 2

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Your workouts are impressive and I love how creatively you include your kids and garden!

Congrats on the weight loss and strength gain. It feels awesome, doesn't it?

By the way, my hubby is South African, so in a way we are SA sisters ;)

It is such a beautiful country!! Love visiting our family there from time to time (there are spread out between CT, garden route and the Karoo)

Thanks! I have spent so much time studying the last two months that I felt I have neglected the boys. We also want to teach them that exercising doesn't have to be boring-do-stretchy-things-on-the-mat-kind-of-thing, or cycling, running, etc. They are still young enough that they want "action" when they play outside.

Truth be told, I'm a bit scared of the "Follow the leader", because last time it took me through a tractor tyre in the tree house - crawling under the jungle gym - traversing a steep embankment ... but then, these were on my "obstacle course" training route anyway.

It is absolutely awesome that you are "half-South-African" (even by marriage). I have been so surprised by the number of South-Africans who take part on this forum, it is great! We are in Pietermaritzburg in KwaZulu-Natal province. Very lush, very green, sub-tropical climate. I love my country *contented sigh*.

• Like 1

Haha, I can imagine "Follow the leader" being adventurous to downright scary!! Be brave, any woman working out in creative, fun ways with her boys like this is already a superhero, so I know you got this.

Also makes me want to share this:

Be-brave.jpg

• Like 1

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

ha- Yes I bet playing follow the leader with your sons can prove to be very interesting. Even though this week has been hectic you still managed to accomplish most of your goals.

• Like 1

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

ha- Yes I bet playing follow the leader with your sons can prove to be very interesting. Even though this week has been hectic you still managed to accomplish most of your goals.

Yes, just as rough and tumble as wrestling and tickling "game" on the bed turns out to be! I have blue and black marks all over my legs and arms from little elbows and knees, and then the Labrador (Simba) came and plopped himself down on all of us! Simba (45kg) + Rocco (30kg) + Adam (32kg) = weight lifting. Think I'll let that fall under dead lift or something!

• Like 2

Going to try this recipe for breakfast tomorrow. Think I'll have to bake the "bread" tonight though, as hubby has to be out early tomorrow morning.

http://www.ruled.me/keto-bites-grilled-ham-cheese/

20131217_144232.jpg

Those look tasty!

Your progress looks amazing! It's great that you take time to spend time with your boys :) Sorry to hear about the roof situation, but it's good to hear that you've managed to figure something out for it!

Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks! Yes, with patience and faith, all things work out.

Those look tasty!

Baked the "buns" last night, and added sliced salami and cheese (just Gouda) with fried eggs on the side. They were super yummy for hubby and me, and very filling! Youngest son is harder to convince. Older boy still sleeping - coming down with infection because of too much gluten last week at a birthday party! At least they don't get asthma anymore *sigh*.

• Like 1

WEEK 2: PLANNING

Main Goal: Loose weight (cm also count) - I lost 1kg last week as well as 2 cm around hips and thighs!

Q1 - Exercise 3x/week: afternoons (for 4-6 weeks: A -> 2STR + 2STA + 1DEX)

• Monday Butt Blast - Did it Tuesday morning, but I did it!
  • Tuesday - See above and: at homeschool group the boys borrowed friends' bicycles and wanted to try, so I was pushing and keeping them up straight, while my third and fourth arms helped with pedals. Up and down the path, up, down, up down... my back is SORE tonight!
  • Wednesday Jump & Jive session - Have a cold/sinus infection - no jumping! Yesterday's bike training will have to do.
  • Friday Abs & Arms - Skipped

Q2 - Right of Weigh: Paleo and water (1.5 to 2 bottles/day). Max. 2 small treats for the week (5-7 days per week for 6 weeks: A -> 1CON)

• Monday - Went well, but had both treats today. I was just CRAVING sugar like mad.
  • Tuesday - Hubby gave me some ice cream to keep me awake till 8pm.
  • Wednesday - Ate well, only when I'm hungry, except for the small bowl of ice cream. I need to be strong and say "NO" to the extra sweet things. Not enough water while driving around town most of the day.
  • Thursday - More water again today. Finished 1.5bottles by evening.
  • Friday - Enough water, but craving sweet things like crazy, so I had some chocolate cherry muffins. Think I am over the sweet craving for now, but will look at upping my fat intake, through thick fullcream yoghurt.

Q3 - Sleep: 6-7 hours every night. (5-7 days per week for 6 weeks: A -> 1CON)

• Monday - In bed around 11pm. 6hrs solid sleep.
  • Tuesday - 5-6hrs tossing and turning - getting sick
  • Wednesday - 6-7hrs can't remember much
  • Thursday - 6-7hrs Woke up with splitting headache, cold, blocked nose... Took half a pain pill (which I very seldom do) which knocked me out to sleep solidly from 2-6am
  • Friday - Watched movies with hubby. Went to bed late, but slept like a log.

Life Goals:

• Monday - Did Bible study then got back in bed with hubby and cuddled up in his warmth!
  • Tuesday - Did Bible study and then Butt Blast. The cold autumn morning almost made me get back into bed behind hubby's warm back, but I resisted!
  • Wednesday - I wrote in my diary, but don't remember any of the bible study?!
  • Thursday - Was out like a light this morning. Overslept because of cold/sinus and meds.
  • Friday - Read my Bible verses, then just spent time praying and being quiet, like school camp mornings where we had to sit in the veldt, watching the sun rise.

LG2 - Spend more personal time with my boys. (Keep up to date for 6 weeks: A -> 1CHA)

• Monday - Some tickling and reading.
  • Tuesday - Reading to Rocco while Adam at Playball. Helped them ride a bicycle at group! Had a cuddle with oldest, while he told me his Minecraft dreams, waiting for hubby to come home from work.
  • Wednesday - A lot of driving in town buying and getting car parts fixed for hubby. Boys were not impressed with having to drive around so much.
  • Thursday - Horse riding. Quiet time chatting with one boy, while other busy with lesson, and vice versa. Adam: "Nice quiet time together, huh mom." I guess I nodded off during our conversation *blush*
  • Friday - Watching movie with them, but they spent most of the day (after school work) entertaining themselves, while I got some rest in, meaning I snoozed on the bed a lot!

• Finances - Have until end of March to complete.
  • Course 1 - Managed some work 3x this week, but again don't remember a lot.
  • Course 2 - Almost caught up - Same as above, except I have to hand in a project next week to be peer-assessed. I know what I want to use, but have to sit down and write it all up.

WEEK 2: SUMMARY

I hate being sick! Just a cold and sinus infection, but it knocked me for a loop. I am not used to pain pills or meds, other than homeopathic pills for sinus, but I think between the copious amounts of vit.C, the Sanvitone infection stopper and sleep I am right as rain today. Can do with more sleep though.
Only fell off the wagon with regards to exercise (2x instead of 3x the week), and sweets cravings. Think it is firstly because I haven't had the full cream yoghurt, which fills me up, and takes the cravings away, and partly because I was sick. Of course Rocco's birthday is coming up next week, so a lot of baking to do.

• Like 2

I have to say the cooler weather is a blessing, but I am not looking forward to winter.

And it has now been two months since we last had decent rain up here.

Good luck on the party planning.

• Like 1

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

I have to say the cooler weather is a blessing, but I am not looking forward to winter.

And it has now been two months since we last had decent rain up here.

Good luck on the party planning.

Ja, ek waardeer ook die kouer weer. Dink ons gaan hierdie jaar egter 'n baie koue winter hê, wat vir ons nie so erg is nie ;)

Which part do you live again? We have had our first week in three of no rain, well three days out of the week so far, but that is Natal for you.

Thanks boys are looking forward to the party. All the best for you for this week!

you did awesome!!

We all know how life sometimes takes priority over exercising and all the healthy habits you are enhancing this challenge are for more quality during real life, aren't they? So the great way you handled them should count into your goals just the same. And wrestling 2 boys plus big dog definitely sounds to serious deadlifting to me :D

Hurray on the weight loss and finance sorting, hurray on all the great times you created, good luck on the epic party coming up (my girl has a sleep over birthday party coming up this Friday and reading through your plans, hers sounds very tame to me now - which I am absolutely fine with lol)

How's your roof holding up?

Wishing you a fabulous week 2!

• Like 1

you did awesome!!

We all know how life sometimes takes priority over exercising and all the healthy habits you are enhancing this challenge are for more quality during real life, aren't they? So the great way you handled them should count into your goals just the same. And wrestling 2 boys plus big dog definitely sounds to serious deadlifting to me :D

Hurray on the weight loss and finance sorting, hurray on all the great times you created, good luck on the epic party coming up (my girl has a sleep over birthday party coming up this Friday and reading through your plans, hers sounds very tame to me now - which I am absolutely fine with lol)

How's your roof holding up?

Wishing you a fabulous week 2!

Thanks! You gave me some perspective, and yes, healthy habits and quality family life are the outcome.

Good luck with your daughter's sleepover. I've managed to get Rocco to taper down his expectations, as we have to cater the obstacles for kids 4-11yrs old. Excitement are running high though as he has been "planning" his party since Nov. when my oldest son Adam, had his 8th birthday.

With regards to our roof, insurance has now decided they will only pay for the emergency repairs, and paid us out a percentage of our cover to fix the overhangs and make sure that the wooden doors don't get more water damage, etc. God has been so good, as it worked out the contractor who fixed our roof two years ago, is able to help us again, and he is going out of his way to source roof tiles for us. They don't make our Marseilles tiles anymore, so it is really difficult.

In general things are gradually falling into place, and there is even a chance (a great chance!) that hubby will get a new client. So we might have difficulties, but God provides the solution as well.

• Like 2

Hello there. how is week 2 going? Are you sleeping enough still?

I spend half of week 2 off sick with a cold and sinus infection. Didn't sleep a lot these last nights, but when I got to sleep, I was out like a light, sleeping till my alarm wakes me, although for Saturday and today (Sunday) I didn't set the alarm, so slept until our youngest woke us, about 6h30. So I got to sleep in! Yippie!

Went to blood donation clinic Saturday morning, as they have been sending sms' all week, and I couldn't get hold of them on the phone to say, "sorry I am sick, can't donate blood". They said because I was so out of it, they suspect I had the virus that a lot of people got the last month, except not as bad, as I was better by Saturday - only sick for 3.5 days. I am totally fine today.

WEEK 3: PLANNING

Main Goal: Loose weight (cm also count) - >

Q1 - Exercise 3x/week: afternoons (for 4-6 weeks: A -> 2STR + 2STA + 1DEX)

• No planned exercises: First had to move furniture around Tuesday morning and afternoon, so got a good arms and thighs workout pushing and pulling cabinets, desks, book shelves, etc. Then helped hubby (Friday morning) to push the Uno about 15m into the garage so that he could work on it - engine problems, and Friday afternoon we had to move the cement garden furniture to a new position, so lifting and carrying very HEAVY seat slabs, table, etc. I'm exhausted tonight (Friday night).

Q2 - Right of Weigh: Paleo eating and water (1.5 to 2 bottles/day). Max. 2 small treats for the week (5-7 days per week for 6 weeks: A -> 1CON)

• A lot of baking for Rocco's 6th birthday this week. My mom came visiting, and brought along bags of chips, bought chocolates, juices, etc. We baked cupcakes, made Paleo Pizza Bombs, Paleo Bacon Meatballs, and of course a lot of non Paleo sweets, etc. for the party tomorrow. Didn't pick up any weight, but didn't loose either.

Q3 - Sleep: 6-7 hours every night, min. (5-7 days per week for 6 weeks: A -> 1CON)

• Spent a lot of time visiting, and early mornings studying. Not much sleep, but when I sleep, I am out like a light.

Life Goals:

• Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday did Bible Study. Thursday and Friday I fell out of the bus.

• Spent Tuesday morning during Playball with my youngest son, playing on the picnic blanket while oldest did Playball.
  • Been spending a lot of time just talking and playing with boys and grandma spending time with us all.

• Finances - Have until end of March to complete.
  • Course 1 - Almost up to date
  • Course 2 - Almost up to date

WEEK 3: SUMMARY

A very hectic week with a lot of driving around, pushing around, and some running around tomorrow at the party. Otherwise half and half on the Paleo. Most meals were good Paleo ones, but definitely some un-Paleo like snacking inbetween. Life happened in spades, as a friend usually says.

• Like 2

WEEK 4: PLANNING

Main Goal: Loose weight (cm also count) - 0.5kg Woohoo! I'm under 86kg - first time in 6yrs I think!

Q1 - Exercise 3x/week: afternoons (for 4-6 weeks: A -> 2STR + 2STA + 2DEX)

• No planned exercises this week. Will jump in again with light exercises next week, just to keep strength, stamina and agility going. After the birthday party, and having my mom and a friend stay over, I am surprised that I actually lost 1/2 kg! Had been busy running/driving around, and Saturday morning was spent setting up 4 obstacle course stations, although that wasn't so strenuous. It was fun though! :nevreness:  :playful: Have to clean the house properly this week, so life exercises for me.

Q2 - Right of Weigh: Paleo eating and water (1.5 to 2 bottles/day). Max. 2 small treats for the week (5-7 days per week for 6 weeks: A -> 2CON)

• Ate right except at the party, and for a couple of indulgences while having guests. Drank a lot of everything: water, juice, some cooldrinks (soda as the boys call it), coffee, tea. It was extremely hot and humid! Back on the water-and-less-coffee-wagon this week.
  • Thursday - Friday - back to eating right, and drinking more water. Yummy gluten-free, paleo friendly "bread" made from coconut and almond flours and eggs, mainly. Spread thick with butter. Nice fore breakfast.

Q3 - Sleep: 6-7 hours every night, min. (5-7 days per week for 6 weeks: A -> 2CON)

• Visiting and studying. Studying and visiting - not much sleep until Saturday evening, but that falls under last week. Slept in Sunday and took it easy Monday and Tuesday. Got enough sleep.
  • Wednesday too little sleep due to wind storm.
  • Thursday and Friday went to bed around 9pm and woke up before alarm. Catching up on my sleep. Have a lot more energy.

Life Goals:

• Basic Bible study Monday, Tuesday morning. A lot of phone calls from friends for on the spot prayer, but no deep studying of God's Word.
  • Next week is back to normal, sort of, but will definitely do Bible study at 5am as I wake up naturally that time when I am well rested. It is quiet, except for outside birds and critters, with boys still asleep.

LG2 - Spend more personal time with my boys. (Keep up to date for 6 weeks: A -> 2CHA)

• Withdrew a bit to give my mom more time with the boys. Due to history she hasn't had opportunity to get to know them, or they her. Happy heartache at seeing them bond.
  • Thursday horseriding - read to one boy while other is having his lesson, and vice versa.
  • Friday - went to town and dvd shop with them. They had a long interesting conversation with the lady with regards to the new Hobbit movie coming out on dvd soon, as well as the up and coming Jurassic Park dvd later this year! We are as happy as a cat with a saucer of milk!

LG3 - Finances and Studies (keep up to date). (Keep up to date for 6 weeks: A -> 2WIS)

• Finances - Have until end of April to complete, as accountant is inundated with other jobs.
  • Course 1 - Finished!
  • Course 2 - Up to date - handed in assignment, and can't wait to read peer assessments. Next week is final week, but this week has a HUGE workload, double that of previous weeks. The nice thing about the workload - I get to test out some online educational games ;) Yes... it sucks to study educational technology, not! :playful::victorious:

WEEK 4: SUMMARY

Half the week is almost pass, my cleaning lady is sick, I am coming to the end of my studies, and life will hopefully calm down as things wind down.

Strong winds kept me and hubby up for most of last night (Wednesday). At a stage we were outside tying car covers, plastic garden chairs, etc. down. As soon as you think you are falling asleep, a branch or sticks or something falls on a roof, or something hits the window. Nothing lost or damaged this morning, except for too little sleep. A couple of houses, of which the roofs haven't been fixed yet, lost sails flying away in the wind. So no, I didn't get up in time to do Bible study :sorrow:

Planning for new start on most things next week. Think I calculated the points wrong at the beginning of this challenge, working on 10 points instead of 15 for the challenge? Anyway, will loose half of those anyway...

Electricity load shedding in full swing again today! *sigh*

• Like 2

Looks like you are doing great on your challenge. Making time to pray with friends is terrific. I hate it when wind storms keep me awake. We had a very calm winter and fall, so no big windstorms.

• Like 1