elizevdmerwe aka Amazon-Mom quietly slips in

MrsVan

WEEK 5: PLANNING

Changed points, etc. to apply for only the last two weeks, although I think I did ok the first week of the challenge.

Main Goal: Loose weight (cm also count) weight: Lost some more: 0.6  -> 86kg

Q1 - Exercise 3x/week: afternoons (for last 2weeks: A -> 1STR + 1STA + 1DEX)

• Start slowly again, this time with the boys joining - :nevreness::positive:
  • Monday - one Butt Blast (legs and glutes) - DONE
  • Wednesday - The boys were playing Batman and Superman on the jungle gym, so I opted to mow the lawn - an hour later...
  • Only managed carrying stacks of books around, climb the jungle gym to reach avo's high up in the tree next to the j.gym, and chase the boys around a bit. So did a lot of little bits of stuff, but nothing majorly strenuous.

Q2 - Right of Weigh: Paleo eating and water (1.5 to 2 bottles/day). Max. 1 small treat for the week (for last 2weeks: A -> 1CON)

• Monday - Food going well. Have to increase water intake.
  • Tuesday - Same as Monday.
  • Wednesday - Had more water today, but not enough with mowing the lawn. Had a slight heat exhaustion headache last night.
  • Thursday - Eating right and drank a lot more water.
  • Friday - Had small take out of beef curry with potatoes. More water. Shark week hit me, as did the sugar craving. Managed to control it, but did have more sugary things than I would have liked to.
  • Weekend - Cold and mostly miserable: not enough water, except by Sunday I drank a lot more than usual. Sugar craving done.

Q3 - Sleep: 6-7 hours every night (for last 2weeks: A -> 1CON)

• Monday - Wednesday nights: at least 6 hours every night.
  • Thursday - Just under 6hrs. Woke up at 4am because of municipality drilling in the street to fix a broken water pipe! Grrr, but jay for them fixing something!
  • Friday - Saturday - Just over 7hrs.
  • Sunday had enough sleep but woken up by someone or something walking in the street, making neighbours' dogs bark. Then around 2am the newspaper delivery crew got them all barking again! And yes, I am grouchy this morning. Grrr! :grumpy:

Life Goals:

LG1 - Bible study on God's promises. (for last 2weeks: A -> 1WIS)

• Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings: Bible study or just reading verses.
  • Friday: Bible study.
  • Saturday - Sunday: Just spent quiet time praying.

LG2 - Spend more personal time with my boys. (for last 2weeks: A -> 1CHA + 1CHA for other weeks that I managed)

• Reading. Decided when we go to town, we can park further away from entrances, etc. or park in a central spot and then walk to shops. This causes us to chat more, sometimes about what goes on around us, other times about what they are busy playing on the computer, what we have learned, etc. I let them start the subject.
  • Thursday: Only eldest went horse riding - last lesson for the season for us. Stopped by a friend and my son and her daughter spent a lovely lunch playing Minecraft, etc.
  • Watched movies with them the weekend, spent time reading, chasing, etc.

LG3 - Finances and Studies (keep up to date). (for last 2weeks: A -> 1WIS + 1WIS for other weeks that I managed)

• Finances - Have until end of April to complete, as accountant is inundated with other jobs.
  • Course 1 - Finished! Followed Overview path, so no assignments, just information that I have to apply.
  • Course 2 - Finished, and apparently did well enough.

WEEK 5: SUMMARY

Tried exercising with the boys after hubby left for work on Monday. Ended up first helping them do their exercises, then they went off to play and I did my BB. I'll rather do my exercise early morning, then still help them after hubby has left. Will start a separate thread somewhere with regards to their exercises.

I need to empty my plate: figuratively speaking.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Got some mixed feelings from hubby with regards to the boys and their exercise. He feels it is a waste of time changing the jungle gym, or rather taking it apart and reassembling it differently all over the garden. The boys' trampoline finally gave in a month ago, so we are saving to buy them a new one, and as soon as said new trampoline is bought and up, they will be playing on it again, rather than use any climbing aparatus, as they haven't been using the jungle gym anyway, while the trampoline was down.
Makes sense ... in a way... so what about me changing it to obstacle course anyway? I still want to.

He also wants me to stop organising them things to do, and just let them play - chase them out more and play - because I hardly have any private time on my own anymore, and they need to become independent with some things, so just ... apparently ... chase them outside more!

• Like 1

Got some mixed feelings from hubby with regards to the boys and their exercise. He feels it is a waste of time changing the jungle gym, or rather taking it apart and reassembling it differently all over the garden. The boys' trampoline finally gave in a month ago, so we are saving to buy them a new one, and as soon as said new trampoline is bought and up, they will be playing on it again, rather than use any climbing aparatus, as they haven't been using the jungle gym anyway, while the trampoline was down.

Makes sense ... in a way... so what about me changing it to obstacle course anyway? I still want to.

He also wants me to stop organising them things to do, and just let them play - chase them out more and play - because I hardly have any private time on my own anymore, and they need to become independent with some things, so just ... apparently ... chase them outside more!

Maybe you can do the obstacle course in a couple of years when they are older. Or just get a few cheap/used things to add on as obstacle course rather than the jungle gym. I like the idea of just sending the kids out to play, rather than you organizing exercises. I think one of the big benefits of homeschooling is that kids have more time to explore and play. It is amazing what they come up with on their own. 

• Like 3

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Maybe you can do the obstacle course in a couple of years when they are older. Or just get a few cheap/used things to add on as obstacle course rather than the jungle gym. I like the idea of just sending the kids out to play, rather than you organizing exercises. I think one of the big benefits of homeschooling is that kids have more time to explore and play. It is amazing what they come up with on their own. 

Yes, except I would like one for myself, and I don't like something just standing around not being used. I'll think on this as it is a lot of work, which I currently don't have time for.

I do chase them out, but normally that doesn't last long. However I think after more than a month with no trampoline and with enough electricity load shedding in between, they are outside a lot now, so they have started playing their "role playing" games like before: Thor, Vikings, Superman, Spiderman, etc. running around the garden, and even ended up on the jungle gym without me having to mow the lawn or be in the back garden to "entice" them. So maybe just let them be for long enough?

Ja, I think for now I just need to let them be. Their organised sport have come to a close for the term, so three weeks of no organised sport, they are going to have to make up their own games. At least they still see the home school kids, and their friends who are in school and have school holidays now will also come and play.

• Like 2

WEEK 6: PLANNING

Changed points, etc. to apply for only the last two weeks, although I think I did ok the first week of the challenge.

Main Goal: Loose weight (cm also count) weight: Lost some more: 86kg

Q1 - Exercise 3x/week: (for last 2weeks: A -> 1STR + 1STA + 1DEX)

• Going to try out some of the MovNat moves, and maybe fit in a Butt Blast and Arms Annihilation.
  • Spent a lot of Tuesday walking up and down our driveway, because of home schooling families coming to visit and look at the free books I got from another lady. So up and down 20m (40m) about 8-9 times, and chased the boys most of those times up the driveway as well.
  • The rest of the week was just calm and restful. Needed it badly.

Q2 - Right of Weigh: Paleo eating and water (1.5 to 2 bottles/day). Max. 1 small treat for the week (for last 2weeks: A -> 1CON)

• Omega3 fish oil tablets helps with the sugar cravings, I think. Will focus on eating right, drink more water.
  • Realised that I really don't like ice cream all that much, I only eat it because either hubby or the boys dish up some for me, and them doing it for me is such a treat that I didn't want to say no. Now if it was chocolate mousse... but that should be off the list as well.
  • Did well with regards to eating. Only eating when I am hungry, even thought I prepare three meals a day for hubby and the boys. Were more thirsty, so drank more water.

Q3 - Sleep: 6-7 hours every night (for last 2weeks: A -> 1CON)

• Monday night too little sleep, but Tuesday night got enough.
  • Wednesday around 6hrs.
  • Thursday went to bed late, but slept in the next morning.
  • Friday - went to bed late, but slept in this morning.

Life Goals:

LG1 - Bible study on God's promises. (for last 2weeks: A -> 1WIS)

• Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning reading, writing, praying.
  • Thursday bible study later with the boys.
  • Told the boys the Crucifiction story and oldest (Adam) reminded me of the children animation dvd "The Lion of Judah", they have, and promptly retold the story.

LG2 - Spend more personal time with my boys. (for last 2weeks: A -> 1CHA + 1CHA for other weeks that I managed)

• School holidays so no organised sport for the next three weeks. Will purposely make time to spend some personal time with each boy, or maybe start reading time again just after lunch. I miss the quiet time we had reading, discussing, just enjoying stories. Or we can go walking again, get out of the house, have a look see whether the people up the street got a new turkey again. Find the house with the chickens, especially the one which crows around 4am!
  • Chased them a couple times up our driveway Tuesday.
  • Adam the oldest just wanted me to watch movies with them, so that is what I did Thursday and Friday evenings.
  • Spent Thursday afternoon setting up the new trampoline, but hubby arrived early from work and finished up with the springs. The boys loved helping, by putting in the pipes, checking that the holes aligned, etc.

LG3 - Finances and Studies (keep up to date). (for last 2weeks: A -> 1WIS + 1WIS for other weeks that I managed)

• Finances - Will start this week: July, August, Sept. finances.
  • Course 1 - Finished! Followed Overview path, so no assignments, just information that I have to apply.
  • Course 2 - Finished, and apparently did well enough.

WEEK 6: SUMMARY

I'm just tired and frustrated starting this week. I feel like I lost focus and don't know what I want or where I am heading. It is the last week of challenge and although I completed all my Life Goals well enough, managed to loose a little bit of weight, and even in general got more sleep in, I still feel like a failure. There were just too many ups and downs and changes, and I crave stability and just some smooth, predictable days. :indecisiveness::grey:

Hubby told me to lay off planning and organising exercises for the boys and to just chase them outside more, change school times to afternoons after lunch and a nice break/rest, and let them play in the mornings! It might actually work for all of us!

------------------------------------------

I am actually looking forward to starting with an exercise routine again next week. Will stick to my BB and AA, as well as some JJ with the boys. So adding: 1CON + 1CON + 1WIS + 2CHA + 2WIS

Yes, except I would like one for myself, and I don't like something just standing around not being used. I'll think on this as it is a lot of work, which I currently don't have time for.

I do chase them out, but normally that doesn't last long. However I think after more than a month with no trampoline and with enough electricity load shedding in between, they are outside a lot now, so they have started playing their "role playing" games like before: Thor, Vikings, Superman, Spiderman, etc. running around the garden, and even ended up on the jungle gym without me having to mow the lawn or be in the back garden to "entice" them. So maybe just let them be for long enough?

Ja, I think for now I just need to let them be. Their organised sport have come to a close for the term, so three weeks of no organised sport, they are going to have to make up their own games. At least they still see the home school kids, and their friends who are in school and have school holidays now will also come and play.

Okay, but that is good clarity, because you might come up with fun things easy to do for you and that you could do with or without the boys - so more flexibility for you and less expectation on your family (which ends up a big relief on you, believe me).

And yes, do let them be for long enough!! I am not the best on that one either, but improving on it lately and letting the kids sort out their arguments among themselves more and it does them a lot of good. Now that I do that more I can see how much I had inhibited their maturing by interfering too soon in the past and organizing too much for them. Goes the same for playing and moving. Take a step back and enjoy your breather, even if half of you is out there with them at the same time, wishing for this and that to happen or not  :playful:  You are doing an amazing job as is!!

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

WEEK 6: SUMMARY

I'm just tired and frustrated starting this week. I feel like I lost focus and don't know what I want or where I am heading. It is the last week of challenge and although I completed all my Life Goals well enough, managed to loose a little bit of weight, and even in general got more sleep in, I still feel like a failure. There were just too many ups and downs and changes, and I crave stability and just some smooth, predictable days. :indecisiveness::grey:

Hubby told me to lay off planning and organising exercises for the boys and to just chase them outside more, change school times to afternoons after lunch and a nice break/rest, and let them play in the mornings! It might actually work for all of us!

Don't listen too much to your mind on these days, it won't give you much productive thought...

You managed a lot this challenge and got a momentum started that will continue to more, you'll see. We all have days where the little changes seem like so little and not enough, but when you look back in a few months time you will see how they do add up and aren't so little any more, by then the difference is tremendous. 

I can understand how the change in plans for the outdoor training took a lot of wind out of your sails, and it's perfectly okay to feel that before you move on. Sending hugs and am sure there is a hidden blessing in those plan changes.

Also your hubby loves you!

hug-gif.gif

• Like 1

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Okay, but that is good clarity, because you might come up with fun things easy to do for you and that you could do with or without the boys - so more flexibility for you and less expectation on your family (which ends up a big relief on you, believe me).

And yes, do let them be for long enough!! I am not the best on that one either, but improving on it lately and letting the kids sort out their arguments among themselves more and it does them a lot of good. Now that I do that more I can see how much I had inhibited their maturing by interfering too soon in the past and organizing too much for them. Goes the same for playing and moving. Take a step back and enjoy your breather, even if half of you is out there with them at the same time, wishing for this and that to happen or not  :playful:  You are doing an amazing job as is!!

Thank you! I really needed to "hear" that from someone else. I realised yesterday that the load is off my shoulders. I can build and put up an obstacle course that I would like, especially because 1. hubby bought them a trampoline again, and 2. there are two parks we regularly go to that have huge jungle gyms that they play on at times, so it isn't as if they are missing out.

They have also grown so much! Matured actually, as they sorted themselves out this week, with little or no interference from me.

Don't listen too much to your mind on these days, it won't give you much productive thought...

You managed a lot this challenge and got a momentum started that will continue to more, you'll see. We all have days where the little changes seem like so little and not enough, but when you look back in a few months time you will see how they do add up and aren't so little any more, by then the difference is tremendous. 

I can understand how the change in plans for the outdoor training took a lot of wind out of your sails, and it's perfectly okay to feel that before you move on. Sending hugs and am sure there is a hidden blessing in those plan changes.

Also your hubby loves you!

hug-gif.gif

Again, thank you! I really needed this. :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

• Like 1

Happy to help  :love_heart:

• Like 2

Agreeing with LuckyFireDragon all those little changes start to add up. You have made a bunch of good new habits, and you are more mindful of what you eat. Sometimes at challenge end, I make my own little woot list of all the things I've accomplished. This helps my brain, which tends to focus on the negatives, to see all the things I have accomplished.

• Like 3

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 13   Charisma 14   Strength 20  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Assassin in training and fellow mom checking in--- I have totally asked dh to build me a climbing wall, I'd love a full blown obstacle course, who could possibly think that doesn't sound like fun, so I'm totally on your side here (although I agree with letting them be irt exercise- I let mine join me on some things and we often do lots together but it isn't required, they are generally pretty active on their own).  However, of course other responsibilities keep taking precedent, maybe for my birthday this year :)

• Like 1

Mom of 4, working on getting stronger and thriving with Hashimotos using the auto-immune Paleo diet and lots of patience with my body, lover of yoga, hiking, rockclimbing and bodyweight exercises.

1st Challenge Page...bringing Katniss back :) SMASHING Success!

First Assassin Challenge...I am woman hear me ROAR

Agreeing with LuckyFireDragon all those little changes start to add up. You have made a bunch of good new habits, and you are more mindful of what you eat. Sometimes at challenge end, I make my own little woot list of all the things I've accomplished. This helps my brain, which tends to focus on the negatives, to see all the things I have accomplished.

Thank you for your support. I really appreciate it. I checked through what I have done, and the only thing I properly failed at was the exercises. I still lost some weight, which was the main goal, and as you said, I managed to start a couple of good habits, and passed most of the life goals! So in the end it wasn't so bad. Thanks for the reminder to not focus on the bad. :love_heart: :love_heart: :love_heart:

Assassin in training and fellow mom checking in--- I have totally asked dh to build me a climbing wall, I'd love a full blown obstacle course, who could possibly think that doesn't sound like fun, so I'm totally on your side here (although I agree with letting them be irt exercise- I let mine join me on some things and we often do lots together but it isn't required, they are generally pretty active on their own).  However, of course other responsibilities keep taking precedent, maybe for my birthday this year :)

Thanks for checking in. In one of the future challenges we might be able to compare climbing walls ;) or obstacle courses. I think they will most probably join me when I am on the obstacle course, especially my younger boy, but I'll leave well enough alone and let them enjoy themselves. Now that I got myself to admit that I don't have to be in charge of everything it is a lot easier to let go. :tickled_pink::tranquillity:

• Like 2

My Rambling Brain Things:

This post will help me sort out my thoughts (and plan) - the brain things that goes on up there. I have chopped and changed this post a couple times, to help me remember what to focus on, and to insert links as reference.

Got a link on NerdFitness to "8 reasons women should strength train", which led to "Minimum training for maximum results". I don't like gyms (machines or heavy lifting area - yes, bad experiences), but I am willing to use some weights while doing body weight exercises. In the meantime I'll plan and build the obstacle course I am dreaming of for someday... :topsy_turvy:

Strength Training Article - Staci

"Myofibril hypertrophy focuses on strengthening the myofibril, the contractile part of the muscle.  In this type of hypertrophy, you are strengthening the actual muscle fiber, so it helps you build super dense, strong muscles...So in summary, if you want to focus mainly on building super strong dense muscle, you want myofibril hypertrophy.  If you only care about your muscles getting bigger, focus on sarcoplasmic."

"if you want strength (myofibrillar hypertrophy), you’re going to want to keep the reps low and the weight heavy."

"For a basic strength program, working out 3-4 days a week is plenty.  This is one of those situations where more is not necessarily better."

Rage Against The Machine

"Especially for newbies, you’ll benefit far more from working out your ENTIRE body each day just three days a week, compared to hitting five to six days of individual exercises."

"Combine this with proper healthy eating and you’re well on your way to burning fat, building muscle, and building a body you’re proud of."

"So what are these basic movements?

With weights - strength training:

"There are a handful of movements that you should learn, then simply focus on getting really strong with these exercises:

• PUSH - Bench Press, Overhead Press
  • PULL - Deadlift, Bent Over Row
  • LEGS - Squats, Deadlift "

Next Two Weeks Until Next Challenge starts +-20April

Main Goal: Loose weight - become stronger -> Body Weight Training -> Strength training 101

Body Weight Circuits: "A circuit requires you to do one set for EVERY exercise, one after the other, without stopping.  After you’ve done one set of each exercise in succession, you then repeat the process two, or three, or four more times."

"Pick one exercise for each big muscle group – quads, butt and hamstrings, push, pull, and core."

I'll start with one circuit, until I can do everything properly. If I am fine with every exercise except one or two in the circuit, then I'll make it more difficult by adding weight, or doing a different version.

"Focus on bodyweight training (pushups, pullups, lunges, squats) until you build the strength to handle the bar... Start out with dumbbells – while the movement is not the exact same, it allows you to build up the strength to be able to correctly handle the bar."

"Note: If you’re doing dumbbell training, instead of adding weight to the bar, increase the weight of the dumbbell.  Start with 5lb dumbbells, then 10lbs dummbells, for example"

MONDAYS Circuit -> 3x

1. Bent over Dumbbell Row * 8x (2.5kg to -> 10kg) D.bell Row on Ball
  2. BW Squats 6x Steve BW Squat *(empty bar -> 10kg)
  3. Push ups 10x
  4. Lunges 10x each leg (empty ->2.5kg d.bell) Keep balance!
  5. Supergirl ball 10x

WENESDAYS Circuit -> 3x

1. Lateral Sit Reverse 8x
  2. Rotational Bridge 8x
  3. Standing/Kneeling Variations 8x
  4. Vertical Jump 4x
  5. Broad Jump 4x
  6. Side Swing Hang 10x

FRIDAYS Circuit -> 3x

1. The Overhead Press 5x (2.5kg -> 30kg son?)
  2. Deadlifts 5x (bar -> 30kg son?)
  3. Ab Wheel: fwd, left, right 5x each

Ok! Starting tomorrow... I'll just record my training in this thread, until the next challenge. :worked_till_5am:

• Like 3

Got a link on NerdFitness to "8 reasons women should strength train", which led to "Minimum training for maximum results". I am one of those who need to get out of the lighter weights for more repetitions mindframe. But what if I don't want to lift HEAVY?

Next two weeks' Goal: Loose weight - become stronger - but how? I don't like heavy weights, so do I continue with my Butt Buster and Awesome Abs or start something new? I'm a bit above newby level, even now after a couple of weeks of little to no training I am still strong just from things I do at home. This post will help me sort out my thoughts - the brain things that goes on up there.

Well, I have enjoyed lifting heavy at times and maybe if I still have equipment here I would be but my time outside the house is limited so gym time is yoga time. My heavy lifting is my body, in various yoga positions. I was doing various bodyweight exercises on top of that but I think I'll be dropping them next time. I'm keeping my kettlebell swings though and working on adding turkish get-ups, some monkey bars/gymnastic work when I'm up to it, although I need to slow down a bit as I pushed myself a bit hard. 

You just have to find something you want and enjoy doing, what about the obstacle course? Pulling yourself up a rope is certainly lifting something heavy, depending on what all you have (forgive me I'm a speed reader so I don't remember details) but I would think you could get in a good chunk of strength work there, using your body or the kids. You can push yourself on reps with bodyweight work even. I was doing exercises I could only get about 5-8 reps- check out:

http://www.startbodyweight.com/

• Like 1

Mom of 4, working on getting stronger and thriving with Hashimotos using the auto-immune Paleo diet and lots of patience with my body, lover of yoga, hiking, rockclimbing and bodyweight exercises.

Well, I have enjoyed lifting heavy at times and maybe if I still have equipment here I would be but my time outside the house is limited so gym time is yoga time. My heavy lifting is my body, in various yoga positions. I was doing various bodyweight exercises on top of that but I think I'll be dropping them next time. I'm keeping my kettlebell swings though and working on adding turkish get-ups, some monkey bars/gymnastic work when I'm up to it, although I need to slow down a bit as I pushed myself a bit hard. 

You just have to find something you want and enjoy doing, what about the obstacle course? Pulling yourself up a rope is certainly lifting something heavy, depending on what all you have (forgive me I'm a speed reader so I don't remember details) but I would think you could get in a good chunk of strength work there, using your body or the kids. You can push yourself on reps with bodyweight work even. I was doing exercises I could only get about 5-8 reps- check out:

http://www.startbodyweight.com/

I love bodyweight exercises, and yes, I want to finish that obstacle course, but that would have to wait for another month or so. I'm just reading again on strength training and bodyweight to get my head right. I was also "brainwashed" to think that you have to do high reps on low-ish weights to be able to tone your body and loose weight. No wonder it never worked at gym! I really dislike going to gym, anyway - never liked it.

Guess I should maybe just begin again, and see after a couple of weeks how it goes. I know I lost a lot of cm on the current routine I have, and even a little bit of weight.

• Like 3

FWiw I did a bodyweight program this summer, high reps but I didn't make hardly any progress compared to what I have now in just the last 6 weeks. I don't know if it is hormonal, the electrolytes, the training difference or what but I'm sticking with it, it takes less time anyway and that is good.

• Like 1

You did so well this challenge, and your exercise routine looks good.

And I hope the obstacle course thing works out, it sounds like a fun idea.

• Like 1

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

FWiw I did a bodyweight program this summer, high reps but I didn't make hardly any progress compared to what I have now in just the last 6 weeks. I don't know if it is hormonal, the electrolytes, the training difference or what but I'm sticking with it, it takes less time anyway and that is good.

If your happy with it, that's good, and even better if you now get the results! I am really going to try and stick with this one.

You did so well this challenge, and your exercise routine looks good.

And I hope the obstacle course thing works out, it sounds like a fun idea.

Thanks J! I think if I combine body weight exercises with strength training, then it should work out. The MovNat on a Wednesday is for dexterity and mobility. We have a couple of weights that I can start off with, but I guess the first week or three will be to get form right. Hopefully the next couple of weeks won't have any distractions!

• Like 1

Monday was a dead loss with literally no sleep! Today is Tuesday. Got up after ending up sleeping in little one's bed with both boys in our bed with hubby?! So I got little sleep anyway (hear the mamma Bear grumble) as I struggle to sleep in a bed other than my own...

Did Bible study on respect - for God, for people, and that you cannot give respect if the option of not giving it, isn't there also.

Went through two sets of the Monday BW, starting on 2.5kg dumbbell rows. The fwd lunges are definitely biting my thighs - they are very unhappy at the moment, but I am happy to report that I can do full squats (hands fwd) without a problem - no loss of balance! Pushups were also from the knees, and not full pushups, but I'm happy with that. My balance has definitely improved!

• Like 2

Love your two week break plan, even if it only one week to the next challenge now ;)

Congrats on the Monday workout done, that is fabulous what all you can do already! Will go up from here quickly, you'll see

Such fun to experience

• Like 1

Oh, I hear you on little ones and sleep. I just moved my 2 yo out of my bed and got earplugs and an eyemask so dh could deal with her, I just couldn't take it anymore. I started progesterone too (which helped a ton) and have realized I need to be in my bed by 9 at the latest. Sleep is my #1 nemesis right now! It is hard to do anything when your body doesn't get enough sleep. Take it easy today.

• Like 1

Love your two week break plan, even if it only one week to the next challenge now ;)

Congrats on the Monday workout done, that is fabulous what all you can do already! Will go up from here quickly, you'll see

Such fun to experience

Yip, took it easy today (Wednesday) and will do the MovNat moves tomorrow (Thursday) morning early. The back of my thighs are really pulling, but I take that as a sign that I am now focussing more on the right type of exercises. Hopefully I'll see improvement soon - even if it is just cm lost. I am actually really looking forward to this!

Oh, I hear you on little ones and sleep. I just moved my 2 yo out of my bed and got earplugs and an eyemask so dh could deal with her, I just couldn't take it anymore. I started progesterone too (which helped a ton) and have realized I need to be in my bed by 9 at the latest. Sleep is my #1 nemesis right now! It is hard to do anything when your body doesn't get enough sleep. Take it easy today.

At this stage I am lucky if I get into bed at 10pm! The boys have to be in bed by 9pm, and that will hopefully change soon with winter coming and hubby starting a new contract. Then he won't come home so late, and the boys will see him earlier, so they can go to bed earlier as well. I totally agree, if I don't get enough sleep, I struggle to do anything. I am also still a bit worn out from all the studying the last three months, but it was worth it.

I have to finish our finances this month. HAVE TO! HAVE TO! HAVE TO! Somewhere in May month we have to start preparing for the next meeting with the Education department with regards to home schooling laws, so that will lead to a lot of online discussions and some research again. Luckily I did a lot of research last year on the topics that were given to me. Just a case of putting everything together again, go through the appropriate laws, etc. etc.

I received a request from a couple of homeschool parents to write an article on my family blog about the importance of play for children, especially in the pre-school years, leading into primary school aged children and learning development. Again, all research I did last year for meeting with Education dept. but will have to reorganise the focus and information for a blog post. It isn't urgent though.

My book order arrived yesterday! I am so impressed with the American Fedex people, they really lit a fire under the people here and I received the parcel within 5 days of ordering! That is a record, especially with the Easter weekend inbetween. Repackaged all the books today - getting courier quotes and sending off tomorrow and Friday.

Ok it is now 21h55 - five mintues left, then I am in the bed! :peaceful: :peaceful: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

• Like 1

Bible study on Luke 6 from about vs 35-45 - Give and you will receive, but give with a good heart, because you want to give/help, not grudginly and expecting to receive back. First look at your own attitude before you dare point a finger at others. Listen to God - do what He says...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Did one set of the MovNat beginner combo 1. Stop-start-stop-start... watch what the lady is doing, rewind and do with her, rewind, try again... Luckily I have a new phone that can do internet searches, so I looked it up and followed on my phone instead of having to walk around the table to the computer every time! I am still very slow with what to do - doesn't flow, but will get there. What surprised me was that I could hang from the security bar (square tubing), and even swing a little bit from side to side, but it "ate" at my hands, eventhough I was wearing gloves. Beginning of the year I couldn't even hang from the monkey bars out back!

MovNat Beginner Combo Level 1

• Lateral Sit Reverse: resting position - transition from sit to standing - hip mobility;
  • Rotational Bridge: moving sideways in confined space - defence against opponent - hip and T-spine mobility - glute strength;
  • Stand/Kneel Variation: standing to ground movement - resting position - lower body joint mobility and stability;
  • Vertical Jump: jump onto or over an obstacle from static position - coordination and balance - leg and agdominal strength;
  • Broad Jump: jump across an obstacle from static position - coordination and balance - leg and agdominal strength;
  • Side Swing Hang: Initiate momentum before traversing or climbing - upper body joint mobility - grip strength - abdominal strength.

Rocco (little one) came in while I was busy, and he later told me I didn't even notice him while looking at the computer/cellphone screen. "Those aren't exercises, you were just moving around". Ja, you try it! Oops, he does similar things, naturally, every single day!

Think I'll try another set a bit later today.

• Like 1

Such fun to experience

Oh my, I only now saw that the next challenge starts next week! Oh that is great, as I am still starting out and can make this an official challenge.