Virtualmonkey - Does not scouty stuff!

virtualmonkey

So I did something really stupid, I signed up for the Crossfit Open, yeah that's right after 6 weeks of CF I'm stupid enough to go head to head against the best, and worst, in the world...but wait there's more! This year introduced a scaled division for those people who, like me, can't do double unders. Actually I mostly signed up because the gym is doing an intra-gym team competition but you have to be registered for the Open for it to count. 

What I failed to put together before that is that I have two races in March, and a 10m and HM in April to still get ready for. But like our team mascot, Batman, I'm sure I can do it all....right? If only I was rich and didn't have to do this pesky work thing.

Crossfit Games - Time to throwdown! (Total points 10)

Complete each Open workout - +1 pt (total of 5 points)

Attend each Open workout reveal party - +1pt (total of 5 points)

Try to be scouty-ish (total points....who knows!)

Run, and run well. Run lengths have the assigned point value

Speed\Hill work 2+ miles +1 point

Long runs <3m - +1 point

3-6 miles  +2 points

>6 +3 points

Burpees! Screw food do burpees! (Total points...not that much!)

Yep, Spartan race is closing in, burpees must be conquered.

+1 point for every 100 burpees, 

I feel like I should be doing a food challenge but I can't think of anything. I mean I can drop cookies or the 2-3 soda's a week, maybe the ice cream but I like those things so no, I"ll just run more.

• Like 2

Level 6 - Scout

Challenges - Lost Diary of a Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

Wait ... NOT Scouty stuff ... crazy! 

Good luck

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

mind = blown!

giphy.gif

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 
Current Challenge : # 38 Strickland5 respawns

This post is going to be my running count for the thread.

Reveal Party

2/26 - Done, in full preppy costume attire. +1 point

3/5 - Canceled due to the snow

3/12 - Done! 6 grown men wearing beauty pageant tiara. Our theme was royalty.

3/19 - Done, no costume for me, it was 50s but I don't even own a solid white t-shirt to pull of the T-Birds tool

3/26 - Done, Super Hero was our theme. Rocked the full Captain America outfit.

CF Open 2015 WODs 

15.1 - Complete - 120 Reps & 150# 1RM clean and jerk +1 point

15.2 - Complete - 10 over head squats @ 95#. Pull ups still elude me RX'd. +1 point

15.3 - Complete - 50 wall balls, 200 singleunders. 535 Rounds. +1 point

15.4 - Complete - 40 push presses @ 95# & 30 cleans @ 115# +1 point

15.5 - Compete - 27,21,15,9 Calorie Rows & 95# Thursters RX'd +1 point 

Burpees +2.25 points

2/23 - 50

2/25 - 60

2/27 - 50

2/28 - 20

3/3 - 45

3/5 - 50

3/7 - 25

3/10 - 25

3/18 - 67

3/23 - 50

Running +2 point

Week 1 - Fail. I did half a mile on the treadmill and that was about it. After Thursday's & Friday's work I was exhausted. Saturday I attempted 15.1 again but lets not talk about that... -1 pt.

Week 2- I managed to get 2 miles of race pace in. Felt great to be out when it was mildly less cold. 5k finished. +2 pts

Week 3 - +2 mile easy pace. +1 pt

Week 4 - 6.2 miles & 10x 200m 110% 5k pace with 100m rest

Level 6 - Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

Can you clue me in on the CF numbers? Not sure I get the 15.1 and so on...

Love the challenge though. Rock hard badassery going on here! (okay the spell check just showed me the proper way to spell badassery. Ha!)

Run well and run for fun.

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

15.1 is the first open workout of 2015. 15.2 is second and so on. These are released every Thursday at 8pm eastern and you have until 8pm Monday to do the workout and enter a score.

The broadcast has two of the best go head to head, we have two at our box go head to head on Thursday as well. It's all good fun, we are broken up into teams and have a different costume theme for our team each week.

• Like 1

Level 6 - Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

15.1 is in the books. I did the scaled workout since I still can't do toes to bar. But the work out consisted of

As many reps as possible in 9 minutes

15 Knees above hip

10 deadlifts @ 75#

5 snatches @ 75#

Immediately following 6 minutes to get a 1 rep max clean and jerk. My attempts were as such

75#

100#

135#

150#

• Like 1

Level 6 - Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

*pretends to understand non-scouty things*

That's er.... Great?

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

"but I like those things so no, I"ll just run more."  The reason I took up running. It's Easter time, bring on the Cadbury Creme Eggs!!

I love the raspberry ones. I'd forgotten about them until now! I usually pick up a few after Easter when they are  like 4 for $1.

This past week was a major fail in my running. It was just sad. This coming week is supposed to warm up so I'm hoping the rain will stay away tomorrow and I don't have to run on the treadmill. Saturday is a 5k I'm signed up for so at least I have to do that.

As a punishment for failing to do as well as I did the first time I attempted 15.1 I rowed 1000m on a rowing machine, that kind of makes up for the lack of running right? No, ok...

• Like 1

Level 6 - Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

Ugh. I fell in love with winter this year (no more SAD), but I am so done with it now!

Are you doing any work on your  - I call the shin muscle even though that's not it - to help protect your shins and foot raising technique?

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Are you doing any work on your  - I call the shin muscle even though that's not it - to help protect your shins and foot raising technique?

Yes I am, I foam roll at least twice a day, as well as every time I at Crossfit. I also throw a bar on my shoulders and do some calf raises when I'm there, the most weight I've done them with is 55#.

I did 15.2 today, it was announced as 3 minutes to do  2 rounds of 10 over head squats at 95# and 10 chest to bar pull ups, the next 3 minutes is 12, then 3 minutes to do 14, etc. Since I still can't do a pull up I knocked out my 10 rounds of over head squats, took my crappy score, and started getting ready for tomorrow's 5k. 22 degrees at the start...I'm already cold thinking about it. 

Level 6 - Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

If you can find a leg press machine, you can load that with your weight plus more. Instead of putting your whole foot on the base, you put your toes and the balls of your feet at the bottom and then push all the way  and drop back as far as you can.

45_Degree_Leg_Press_Calf_Raises-mid.jpg

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

The 5k went exactly as planned. Cold and slow. I ran the first mile just working on a good pace for the HM, I'm not out to break any PRs this spring, save that for the fall. I did the first mile in a solid pace run at 11:42. The second mile I tried to get the same pace as a run\walk. Failed, I think I ended up with 13:20. Guess I need to run longer intervals or move a little faster. The third mile I did the same, I increased my run pace with the same time interval until I was about 10-12 city blocks from the finish line. At that point I slowly increased speed until I about 3 blocks left I was a little faster than my normal 5k pace, 2 blocks left went everything I had into it. My watch said the last bit I was moving in the 6 min\mile range so the third mile as a pace isn't very good to judge by. Only 2 weeks until I get to repeat it on the 10k which is a decently hilly course.

• Like 2

Level 6 - Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

So this week was fun, lots of pushing at CF which wore my shoulders down fast. Thursday I got out for 2 miles of easy paced running. Hoping to get 5 miles in on Sunday after I get home from Chicago.

I did the 15.3 workout tonight. Scaled version is 50 wall balls with a 20# ball and 200 single unders. I got 535 total reps, meh decent score I was shooting for 500 so I'm happy with it. The highest I've seen so far is 907. 

• Like 1

Level 6 - Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

Alright this isn't really related to my challenge but I was bored Friday night while the girls were finishing up the last round of the Open workout. I decided to do some lifting and since we rarely deadlift heavy I wanted to find my 1RM. I made it to 305#. I probably could have added another 20# or so but I ran out of time.

gallery_30169_1705_1545.jpg

• Like 1

Level 6 - Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

10k race this weekend done, not quite what I had planned for it. Friday's workout was rough, heavy and fast. It was 10 push presses at 95# and 10 cleans at 115# as many reps as possible in 8 minutes. I made it to an even 70 reps and was just happy I made it past 40, those weights are too close to my 1RM for me to happy with them. Needless to say the wife and I were sore when 6am rolled around and we had to decide if we were going to show up for the 10k or not. We walked the whole thing in right around 1:40 figuring it was better to walk it than sleep all day.

And today's cherry on top (bonus workout) was 50 burpees for time, who the hell does 50 burpees for time after a full workout?? I did it in 4 minutes though.

Level 6 - Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

It's not uncommon to see 30 or more burpees once a week in our workouts. We do a monthly test of 3x15 burpees as fast as possible

15.5 is done and the CF Open is finished for me.

27, 21, 15, 9 calorie rows & 95# thrusters as fast as possible, 20:19. I'm happy with that I expected 30 minutes honestly. Some of the guys that have been there for years were in the 15 min range. I really think all my long endurance training gave me an edge for this workout.

Level 6 - Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

Well redid 15.5 today, I knew I could get it under 20min and I was right. New time is 19:35. Very proud of that! Now just waiting for my score to be approved so I can find out my new standings. I was 30k something out of 153k but I know there are still a lot of scores to be put in. Before Thursday I was in 85k range and I'd be happy if I stayed there, that would put me in the top 2/3 of everyone who competed, or as they call them The Fittest on Earth.

• Like 1

Level 6 - Scout

#5#4#3#2#1