everanything: it's time to begin.

Merrin

Weeeeell, I filled my kitchen with smoke. So, oops. I burned half of my egg pancakes, and they didn't come out terribly blog-worthy. However, after a quick microwave and a bit of salt, they were perfect for breakfast. I have enough for the week, and it only took about ten minutes (twenty with prep) to make them. Yay!

Tonight, if I have time after seeing friends, I'll make salmon cakes for lunch for the week.

• Like 1

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

Silly themes are definitely always the best themes!

Hooray on inches lost!  Oh no on burned pancakes!  Hooray on salvaged pancakes!  Honestly, I think burning things in the kitchen is all part of the fun.  You can't really figure out just how long something takes to cook unless you almost set fire to it when it comes to my kitchen :P

Salmon cakes sounds so good.  I may have to follow your lead on that one!

Doing great, looking awesome so far!

• Like 1

Fight your foes in the field, nor be burnt in your house.

Silly themes are definitely always the best themes!

Hooray on inches lost!  Oh no on burned pancakes!  Hooray on salvaged pancakes!  Honestly, I think burning things in the kitchen is all part of the fun.  You can't really figure out just how long something takes to cook unless you almost set fire to it when it comes to my kitchen :tongue:

Salmon cakes sounds so good.  I may have to follow your lead on that one!

Doing great, looking awesome so far!

I'm going to go all out and do weird gifs and stuff next time, now that I figured them out.

Sir, to be fair, you ARE a five-headed dragon, I imagine setting things on fire happens quite frequently.

I haven't made them yet, I got too sick to tolerate cooking yesterday, but I wants themmmm.

It's been an awesome two weeks! Your challenges look awesome too! 

• Like 1

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

I'm going to go all out and do weird gifs and stuff next time, now that I figured them out.

Sir, to be fair, you ARE a five-headed dragon, I imagine setting things on fire happens quite frequently.

I haven't made them yet, I got too sick to tolerate cooking yesterday, but I wants themmmm.

It's been an awesome two weeks! Your challenges look awesome too! 

Indeed, being literally a five headed dragon does lead to one too many kitchen fires! 

Gifs are awesomeness, gotta love the gifs

Oh noooo, getting sick is no good!  No more getting sick!  I have no salmon, but I have smoked cod, so I'm going to make cod cakes instead.  It's going to be most delicious, I think.  I've never made them before :o

• Like 1

Week 2 Review Mar 2-8.

Goal 1: 2/3 points based on alternating days. I missed last Thursday due to anxiety related illness.

Goal 2: 2 points! Wednesday night was running around with friends for a few hours. We arcade HARD. 4 way air hockey will cause injuries. Friday during lots of sewing, I ran around with the dog a bunch, and deep-cleaned the fridge (I figure if I was sweating after, it counts).

Goal 3: 12 points for ModPaleo! 8 points against the Sugar Dragon!  

• Like 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

Mini-Challenge #3: The Library.

Okay, time to be honest. Going into this, I knew the sugar goal was going to be the hardest one for me. I read (I think in one of the Nerd Fitness articles) that when trying to lose weight, sugar should be reduced to less than 30g a day. I set that as my goal, with two higher steps up. It didn't sound that hard. I was wrong. Looking over my last week, I did achieve better days than the week before, but those 0 point days are not pleasant to consider. Plus, it means I might not be on track for my goals by the end of the challenge.

1. I am trying to minimize sugar as much as possible.

2. Everything You Need to Know About Sugar, Sugar Addiction

3. Multiple changes to help the issue.

#1: Any undesired and unopened sweets will be leaving the house systematically over the next several days. I have parties to attend and can bring these items there. (Working note to self: bag of Bellyflops, 2L of Sprite.)

#2: Package all currently opened sweets into single-servings. If I'm leaning towards sweets due to anxiety/etc, I have a portion control set in place to not over-indulge. I will also place all of these on the tallest shelf in my pantry (which only helps a little, I'm an Amazon, but still) so that the effort might make me pause before having sweets. (Working note: animal crackers, fudge crackers, goldfish grahams.) Do this also for the freezer! (1 bag truffles, 1 box truffles. Stick in fridge once portioned.)

#3: Cut out added sweets for breakfast. This means no more honey for yogurt. You can pick coffee or that, self. You know which one you'd rather have.

#4: I am great about water at work, but at home, I want something 'interesting' to drink with meals. Purchased flavored seltzer water in cans.

#5: Do not buy any new sweets. At all. If you want something at work and you didn't bring something from the house, too bad. This includes pre-packaged coffee drinks. That can of 36g isn't doing you any favors. Plan out something small from the house for lunches, just in case, ref above pre-packaged portions. (1 bag Goldfish Grahams, 1 bag Milano, 1 box Samoas currently unopened.)

Yes, it's a lot. I'm learning that I'm fairly ambitious when it comes to my fitness and diet goals. Each of those feels like a different and necessary step to me. Elimination. Control. Choice. Adaptation. Planning.

+1 to Charisma!

• Like 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

Sugar is so freaking addictive. I'm trying to cut down on my added sugars and it is bloody everywhere. Why the hell does my bread have high fructose corn syrup? Seriously.

You're certainly not alone in that fight. It's challenging not only because sugar is yummy, but also because it hides where you least expect. Sugar is a ninja.

• Like 1

STR 1::STA.5::DEX 0::WIS 1::CON 1::CHA 0

Previous challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60781-the-wee-terror-heads-into-battle/

Makoto/Jupiter has always been a personal role model; she came to the game with natural strength, but the Scouts helped her learn how to hone it, and how to value herself. 

I've never watched Sailor Moon. The descriptions/summaries I've been given left me uninterested, but reading what you had to say about your inspiration for this challenge has made me rethink watching it. That seems like a character I could really relate to as well. Best of luck on your challenge and in your side quest to slay the Sugar Dragon!

• Like 1

Level 0 Human Recruit (Future Assassin/Monk)

STR 0|DEX 0|STA 0|CON 0|WIS 0|CHA 0

Book of Challenges: The Prologue, Chapter 1: Respawn

Seize the day, put no trust in the morrow.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

(Horace/ George Eliot/ Victor Kiam)

CAFFEINE FREE CHALLENGE (12 out of 42 days caffeine free!)

28%
28%

Sugar is so freaking addictive. I'm trying to cut down on my added sugars and it is bloody everywhere. Why the hell does my bread have high fructose corn syrup? Seriously.

You're certainly not alone in that fight. It's challenging not only because sugar is yummy, but also because it hides where you least expect. Sugar is a ninja.

I like Steve's approach. Sugar is an Agent of the Matrix. It sneaks into everything, keeping you addicted and controlled. I've been avoiding bread for this current challenge, minus things like restaurants. Finding no HFCS bread can be difficult. Check out No-HFCS to help you shop.  

• Like 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

You can do it with the sugar, cause you're pretty awesome!

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried a lara bar?  That's what they call them in the states, in the UK they're called nakd bars.  They're basically candy bars made with 100% natural ingredients.  95% of them I've ever tried are 100% paleo, sweet enough to curb all of my sugar itches and as long as you don't gorge on twenty a day, totally awesome.  I have a recipe to make your own that I swear by, if you want it.

• Like 1

You can do it with the sugar, cause you're pretty awesome!

Out of curiosity, have you ever tried a lara bar?  That's what they call them in the states, in the UK they're called nakd bars.  They're basically candy bars made with 100% natural ingredients.  95% of them I've ever tried are 100% paleo, sweet enough to curb all of my sugar itches and as long as you don't gorge on twenty a day, totally awesome.  I have a recipe to make your own that I swear by, if you want it.

Aw, thank you!

I have tried them, a couple of times, one of the state fairs usually has people giving them out. They're...ok, I guess? I did see your recipe for it! And I do love chocolate orange. I might try it on my day off, if the local farmers market has dates right now.

• Like 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

The joy with them is that dates and almonds/cashews/nut things are very simple flavours.  They're tasty on their own, and you can also add so many different things to them to make them super awesome.  Feeling like vanilla?  Throw in some vanilla essence.  Want some berry berry goodness?  Cherries and raspberries go in the so awesomely (I did this one with dried fruit though, berries are so super juice-tastic)

I like to experiment, having fun with food is one of the best kinds of fun!

• Like 1

Girly Stuff Warning! So, I was sort of beating myself up for caving in to some pop-tarts. HFCS, so way too much sugar, no real food value, etc etc. And then I'm spotting. A few days early, but it explains the "DRINK ALL THE SUGARY THINGS" I've been feeling since mid-morning. So....there's that?

• Like 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

Girly Stuff Warning! So, I was sort of beating myself up for caving in to some pop-tarts. HFCS, so way too much sugar, no real food value, etc etc. And then I'm spotting. A few days early, but it explains the "DRINK ALL THE SUGARY THINGS" I've been feeling since mid-morning. So....there's that?

That's usually a pretty good explanation!  I have that same issue every other cycle, I tend to muscle through it with stubbornness and ill temper.  My brothers have great fun that week seeing how far they can push my patience.  Pro tip, it's not very far at all!

If I ever come up with a way to get through it that isn't turning my green head on everyone in the nearby area, I will let you know! :P

• Like 1

Oh, how I can relate to that girly stuff! I just finished my latest visit from Auntie Flo, as some of my friends & I call this most unwanted visitor. haha  Yeah, the cravings hit a few days or so before, but I usually don't think about them in that regard until I get a huge mood swing. Then I'm like, "Oh, yeah! That's why." I can get testy & downright nasty - some customers in a store in which I used to work could tell when it was that TOM because they saw how I was acting. Unfortunately, it's not easy to control, eh?

This last one was super easy, though, & short. I've found that mine have gotten shorter in the past few years. Another thing I've realised, too, is that if I don't drink any Coke - which I've not had for over 2 weeks now (HUGE for me!) I tend to be much better off & it's a lot easier for me. This time I had a huge binge fest the weekend before this past one. But I started over.

Anyway! I've just gotten caught up here, everanything, & I'm going to keep caught up from now on. I appreciate your honesty without being super down on yourself. We all need a talking to from time-to-time, but you don't beat yourself up. What good would that do?

Keep on keeping on - I'm rooting for you!! :)

Awesome!! Congrats!! It's definitely not all about weight loss but shape loss helps and is really nice. Keep up the great work!

Thank you! I actually don't have a scale in my house, so inches and old clothes are my only real measurement system.

• Like 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

So, it's been a pretty bad weekend slump. (I work 24-hr tech support, so my weekends are Thursday and Friday.) Yesterday, I resisted the urge of DRINK ALL THE SUGARY THINGS which was good, but too many parts of my body hurt too much to attempt my BW workout. I did note, in the 'what will you do in case of illness or injury' that I would consider yoga in place of BW. I'll be honest, that didn't happen either. I ate my prepared dinner from the night before, and gamed the rest of the evening. 

I did expect this to happen; my depression gets worse around my cycle, and I am facing some really....difficult and terrible social issues right now. Luckily, yesterday and today are sure to be the worst of all symptoms. So, tomorrow, I'll get back to my BW and sensible eating. It does me no good to punish myself for not being perfect.

I'm aiming for better choices, consistently. I can try again tomorrow.

• Like 2

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

Today was an AWESOME day. ALL of my meals were paleo. The Sugar Dragon DID NOT WIN today!

And....I wore a skirt out for the first time in years that wasn't for work or for a political meeting. Just because I felt like it. Which is a big deal for me.

• Like 2

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

Congratulations on the inches lost. And even the day you were struggling and didn't work out, you were still wise about your food choices. Way to kill the challenge. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Week 3 Review March 9-15 ! (AKA Hormone Week My Body Hates Me Everything Sucked.)

BBWW: 3/4 time. Skipped on Wednesday, the pain was the worst. Managed to squeeze in a late circuit after unexpected dinner out with family one night. Other two circuits were fine. My planks are getting better, and I keep adding on one new activity each time.

Stay Active: 1/2 times. Thursday was also bad, so I didn't take the dog out on walkies. Managed to get some house project work done on Saturday.

ModPaleo: 13 points!

Sugar Dragon: 5.5 points!

• Like 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!