Talvi: Let's Race!

Talvi

Level 6: Let's Race!

To run a 10K race

Possible challenge reward: +4 STA & +2 CON

I would very much like to be able to run 10K this year.  I started running during the summer, and eventually ran a 5K race in Germany.   Since January, I've been working on my 5K (PR: 27.00 minutes) and beginning to practice for longer distances. 

And then, I got a little excited yesterday and registered in a 10K race that is in one months time in Paris (Soli'run in Bois de Boulogne).  Today, I'm still pretty excited about it, but I'm beginning to get butterflies in my stomach about the amount of work I need to do to prepare.   So I've transferred out of the assassins to give scouting a proper go. 

If I ran 2.5 times per week then I'll get in 10 runs before the race.  I can start at around 5km and increment by at least 0.5km for each run.  Sounds terrifying and good.   So I'm aiming for 2-3 runs per week.

paris-running-club-video-10-640x382.png

To improve my Spanish

Possible challenge reward: +4 WIS & +2 CHA

I'm been studying Spanish on and off for a while now since my boyfriend's family don't speak any English.  In my last challenge, I took a new approach by focusing entirely on speaking and listening, and I have really improved and have really enjoyed doing it.   My overarching goal for this year is to be able to chat with my boyfriend's lovely mother next time I see her (Summer/Christmas), but I'm so happy about my recent progress that I might be able to achieve a B2 level (CEFR system) of fluency in Spanish if I keep up the good work. 

I'm currently at A2+ level.   I've been practicing and learning in various ways: reading Benny Lewis's book on language learning (FI3M), speaking for an hour at least once a week with my fantastic fellow NF rebel - SymphonicDan, listening to my Harry Potter audiobook, watching nostalgic cartoons (Jackie Chan Adventures & Pokémon) and using the Anki flashcard app to learn vocab.  In this challenge, I want to supplement these things with: actually studying how to use some basic past and future tenses and hopefully working through some of the Edx course "Trasplante de organos - desafios éticos y juridicos", plus any other cool resources or ideas I have along the way.  I will be using a points system, where I need to get at least 8 points per week.

1 point each for:

30 minutes of speaking

2 x Anki flashcard sessions

30 minutes of listening to an audiobook

1 hour of TV

1 hour of study

30 minutes of the Edx course?

como-te-llama-funny-tshirt300.jpg

To do all the things

Possible challenge reward: +3 in a mix of STR, DEX, STA, CON, WIS or CHA depending on weekend activities

I wanted to have another goal to work towards, but in truth I just want to focus most of my efforts in running and Spanishing.  So my third goal will be simple.   I have a few ongoing projects and fun things such as bouldering, progressing towards a pull-up, learning to draw and doing Edx courses.  For this goal, all I have to do is to make a list of fun things to do and things I have to do each weekend and to work through it as best I can.  The idea is to be productive and not to waste time on things that don't matter to me.  Here my mindset will count more than just ticking things of the list.

tumblr_n9l0pcolt91subv4jo1_500.jpg

Woop woop! Thanks for reading and I'll see you guys around the forum!

• Like 2

Level 11 Morgana Scout

STR 14|DEX 11|STA 31|CON 11|WIS 23|CHA 19

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

WEEK ONE

MONDAY:
Running - Ran 6km in total when I ran to the adult playground and back = 1/2.5 runs
Spanish - Listened to 15 minutes of my audiobook (last chapter of the first HP) and watched 1 x Pokémon episode (20 minutes) = 0.5+0.33 = 0.83/8 points

TUESDAY
Bouldering - Just a little session today. Did particularly well on traversing.
Spanish - Listened to 15 minutes of my audiobook (last chapter of the first HP) and watched 1 x Pokémon episode (20 minutes) = 0.5+0.33 = 1.66/8 points

WEDNESDAY
Spanish - Listened to 15 minutes of my audiobook (Finished the book), watched one poke mon episode and did an Anki session = 0.5+0.5+0.33+1.66= 3/8 points

THURSDAY
Spanish - Did one Anki session and read 22 pages of Benny's FI3M book.   I also got the courage to ask a Spanish speaker at work if she would chat Spanish with me tomorrow.  So yay for more practice :).  Oh and one pokémon episode. 3+0.5+0.33= 3.83/8 points

FRIDAY

Running - Had an atypical run today where the total distance was 7.7km.  It was beautiful day so I planned out a 6.5K route, packed my kit and planned to run back home from work.  This was a very different run for me since a) the endpoint was not the startpoint, B) my directions were vague and the route new ("follow that canal until you hit the tram line and follow that home"), c) different terrain - jogging on some cobblestone and lots of uphill and d) I carried a rucksack of work stuff and so weighed more.   The uphills and rucksack did make me walk some bits of the route but not that much so I'm very happy with the run.   I also got to see some nice parts of Paris too and that is always nice = 2/2.5 runs

Spanish - Did one Anki session and one pokémon episode.   0.5+0.33+3.83 = 4.66/8 points

SATURDAY

Spanish - One pokémon episoide and had spoke to my boyfriend in Spanish for 5 minutes (small convos will hopefully add up eventually).  4.66+0.33+0.16 = 5.16/8 points

To do all the things - Made a lovely big list today.  It hasn't got a great balance of fun vs. must-do stuff, but it is a list nonetheless.  I'll add some more fun things if I get inspired.  Did waste a little time staring at facebook and buzzfeed today, so I have blocked the websites.  Otherwise, I have started crossing things off today and I played with friends a lot with friends so I'm happy.

SUNDAY

Spanish - Three pokémon episoide, 20 minutes listening to an Edx transplant lecture in Spanish, 10 minutes talking to Sergio, 10 minutes studying a past tense and one whole hour of speaking practice with Dan.  5.16+1+0.33+0.32+0.33+2= 9.16/8 points

To do all the things - 13/24 things on the list done.  Notably got round to trying some grip exercises, reading, looking up warm-up routines, Spanishing a lot and studying on Edx.  I'll continue knocking things off the list during the list as they need doing. 

Level 11 Morgana Scout

Current challenge:  Talvi makes tactical decisions | Epic quests: 2015, 2016 | Running instalog: new_tracks_to_follow | Previous challenges: -2 -1 etc...

Found you :) I like your idea of planning more cool stuff for the weekends - I end up making a huge list and then there's so much stuff I can't choose so I end up doing nothing lol... so don't be a fail like me :P

You have 18 stat points for this challenge rather than 15 :o Although to be fair you've got enough potential for skill improvement here that it would be worth at least that!

Good luck for the running! I think people preparing for long races make sure they don't have another long race in the week leading up to the race, so maybe think about when you'll do your longest pre-race run. Do you have a target time in mind for the 10k, or is it a matter of completing it properly at all? Looks scary to me when I haven't run that far for many years!

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Well, the weekend challenge was inspired by your weekend challenge so thank you for that.  I didn't want to do anything specific, I just wanted to be productive.  Well to be productive and to have an excuse to make lists.  I <3 lists!

I'm terribly sorry, I didn't want to make your head explode.  Is the correction okay? :P  I was always planning on allocating a couple of random points depending on what I end up doing during the weekends.

I hadn't thought about that rest period at all.  Maybe just a few days of rest instead of a week?  I don't have much time to practice anyway, and I don't want to cut it down by so much.  What do any scouts think?   I'm not sure yet what is a reasonable target time is for me, but since I can do 5K in 27 minutes and I hoping to do the 10K in around 60 minutes.  I reckon this is very simplistic and linear thinking though.  This is my first 10K, so as long as I complete a 10K run, I'll be happy :)

Level 11 Morgana Scout

I think your race math makes sense. I was running 5Ks in about 30 minutes but then managed to complete my first 10K in 60. And that was running all by feel. Just making it to that first finish line is a feeling like no other.

• Like 1

Human Ranger Level 4
STR:  2
DEX: 3
STA: 10
CON: 6
WIS: 3
CHA: 2

"I love things that seem impossible"
  The Cat Empire

Welcome talvi!

Here's a few Scouts you can use and pick their brains about long running and training.

bgvanbur

18ck -- also learning Portuguese 

Strickland5

"The idea is to be productive and not to waste time on things that don't matter to me." Perfect goal.

Best of Luck, we're here for you.

Cheers

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Sounds like you have a good plan. The rule of thumb I've always heard for distance increases is 1m (1.6k I think) per week for you long run. Sometimes you can go more, sometimes not quite there. Just make sure you listen to your body and don't over do it. And don't forget the importance of the short easy run! 

You will hit the finish line at that 10k and be ready to sign up for a half marathon! Also, don't feel bad if you don't do exactly 2x. I think my 5k time is something like 28 min but my 10k time is like 1:10, don't know why but I just slow down incredibly at anything over a 5k.

Level 6 - Scout

Challenges - Lost Diary of a Scout

#5#4#3#2#1

I think your race math makes sense. I was running 5Ks in about 30 minutes but then managed to complete my first 10K in 60. And that was running all by feel. Just making it to that first finish line is a feeling like no other.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to the race :)   I have since realised that I booked the race on the same weekend I have visitors, so I'm not looking forward to telling them about it....

Welcome talvi!

Here's a few Scouts you can use and pick their brains about long running and training.

bgvanbur

18ck -- also learning Portuguese 

Strickland5

"The idea is to be productive and not to waste time on things that don't matter to me." Perfect goal.

Best of Luck, we're here for you.

Cheers

Why thank you Pilot of Doom, I'll check them out :)

Sounds like you have a good plan. The rule of thumb I've always heard for distance increases is 1m (1.6k I think) per week for you long run. Sometimes you can go more, sometimes not quite there. Just make sure you listen to your body and don't over do it. And don't forget the importance of the short easy run! 

You will hit the finish line at that 10k and be ready to sign up for a half marathon! Also, don't feel bad if you don't do exactly 2x. I think my 5k time is something like 28 min but my 10k time is like 1:10, don't know why but I just slow down incredibly at anything over a 5k.

Oh okay, that rule of thumb fits with my plans so that is reassuring.  What is the importance of the short easy run?   I'd guess that it is such getting a little extra running practice?

Lol - not sure about the half marathon, but maybe.  I'll see how much I can take this momentum.  It is true that a half marathon would really be something.  1:10!  That's great, you can't have been running that slow :P

• Like 1

Level 11 Morgana Scout

SUMMARY OF WEEK ONE [Passed]

To run a 10K race

This week I ran twice for 6K and 7.7K.  Neither was at the weekend which was strange for me, but both were good.  I feel more like I can actually achieve this goal now :)

To improve my Spanish

A cool 9.16/8 points tells me that I have set up my points system right.  I felt like I was doing quite a lot of immersion this week, and it seems I'll have to put in effort to get 8+ points each week.  Need to find a new Spanish audiobook for the future.  Plus I'm pretty excited about the Edx course in Spanish since the first lecture was understandable!

To do all the things

Did as exactly as I wanted - made a big list and worked through it as best I could.  Feeling quite accomplished on the whole, t'was a successful weekend.

• Like 2

Level 11 Morgana Scout

WEEK TWO

MONDAY:
Pull-up practice - finally got round to this on my to-do list.  60s deadhang, 2 sets of 5 x push-ups, 3 sets of 12 preacher curls on each arm (bar + 2kg), 1 set of 5 x scapular retractions and 6 x pull-up negatives.
Spanish - One Anki session and a couple of pages of my FI3M book at lunch = 0.5/8 points

TUESDAY:
Pull-up practice - Argh the doms!
Spanish - One Anki session and one pokémon episode = 0.5+0.5+0.33 = 1.33/8 points

WEDNESDAY:
Spanish - One Anki session and one pokémon episode.  I'm beginning to think that I need watch other things than pokémon - which is fun - but I think that the spoken language is just too quick for me and so I'm not picking up anything except the occasional "pika?" and "Squirtle squirtle" = 1.33+0.5+0.33 = 2.16/8 points

THURSDAY:
Running - Did a distance of 7.2km today before work, although I'll admit to stopping a walking for more than I would have liked (at least 0.5km).   I did my go-to route which follows a road and a tram line and it stank.  I was gasping for breath and taking in exhaust fumes, it was horrible.  Going to have to invest some time in getting to and then running in the local park = 1/2.5 runs

Spanish - One Anki session, one pokémon episode, 15 minutes of Harry Potter 'y la camara de secretas' and listened to euronews radio at work for a bit = 2.16+0.5+0.5+0.33 = 3.5/8 points

FRIDAY, SATURDAY and SUNDAY:

Spanish - Two Anki sessions, two pokémon episodes, 1 hour of Harry Potter 'y la camara de secretas' and talked to SymphonicDan for an our = 3.5+1+0.66+1+2 = 8.16/8 points

Running - Had to go to pop into work on Sunday, but the silver lining is that it was a good excuse to run back home (7.7km).   The run didn't start off too well since I felt tired straight away and there was people EVERYWHERE.  Note to self: Do not run in popular places when it is even slightly good weather during the day.  But after I got through the mobs, the run had its highlights: 

1) Saw 4 french bulldogs

2) It was just the right temperate to run without a hoodie

3) This time I ran up the big hill without stopping once

4) On said massive hill, a cyclist smiled at me whilst we were both stopped at pedestrian lights.  Fifteen minutes or so later at the top of the hill, I saw him again and he congratulated on running well :)  = 2/2.5 runs

To do all the things - Had a really good and busy weekend.  I only got round to making a list on Saturday night, but I did quite a lot of it by the end of Sunday (9/20).   I did lots of things I enjoyed, lots of things I needed to do and I even blocked off facebook and buzzfeed for most of the weekend.   I dub that weekend awesome.

Level 11 Morgana Scout

Great start to the challenge, congrats.

Dang that some serious pull up training. Nice. I wish I out that kind of effort into my pushup training.

Keep kicking booty and taking those names!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

Hooray for the Shadowrunners! (As I call Assassin/Scouts) It truly is a badass combo. A 60-minute 10k will be in my next challenge, so I shall be following your thread for tips. I'm still working on getting my 5k to below 29:00 as my last one was 29:56. That said, I've only been running for a couple of months now, so I should see plenty of improvement quite quickly. I shall use you as inspiration, as you're above my level, but not so far above it that I can't aspire to it :D

According to Daniel's Running Formula, a 27:00 5k should translate to a 56:03 10k. This assumes you are equally competent at running both distances, however. If you were running 5k+ regularly when you set your 27 minutes, and have never run a 10k before, you might be slower, but a 60-minute 10k is absolutely within reach.

I can't wait to see how you go in the race!

• Like 3

Hi there Salivanth!  Shadowrunners, ey?  I like it, it does truly sound badass.  Is it from a book or film?

Thanks very much for the support.  I'm aiming for the 60 minute 10K as a guideline time, but I'm not timing my practice runs (because traffic lights would distort the times) so my 10K time will be big surprise.   I'm just working on running longer distances and trying to get more comfortable with each run.

Sounds like you are already almost there with your 5K goal - good luck!  Is it still a big effort during the run or have you found your rhythm yet?  Are you going to try a race?  Also your running plan in the signature is epic - half a marathon by September!

Level 11 Morgana Scout

Hi there Salivanth!  Shadowrunners, ey?  I like it, it does truly sound badass.  Is it from a book or film?

Thanks very much for the support.  I'm aiming for the 60 minute 10K as a guideline time, but I'm not timing my practice runs (because traffic lights would distort the times) so my 10K time will be big surprise.   I'm just working on running longer distances and trying to get more comfortable with each run.

Sounds like you are already almost there with your 5K goal - good luck!  Is it still a big effort during the run or have you found your rhythm yet?  Are you going to try a race?  Also your running plan in the signature is epic - half a marathon by September!

I believe it's from a pen and paper (Think Dungeons and Dragons) setting called Shadowrun. At least that's where I'm pretty sure I got the inspiration from; I've never actually played Shadowrun.

I'm not timing my training runs either, though I will train my first 5k practice run at the beginning of Week 4. I've found my rhythm, and my runs now end with me still breathing at a good pace. (though usually covered in sweat!) I'm not going to do an actual race, just going to time myself on a run that I know is about 5 kilometers in length. (2.5 km according to Google Maps, and I'll run there and back from my house.)

Thanks for the running plan compliment :) I've based the timelines on Hal Higdon's training plans: I plan to do his Novice 5k (In the middle of that now) then 10k, then Half Marathon, which should put me at a half marathon around September. Not sure if 2 hours will be possible at that timeframe, but I'll sure as hell try. I'll figure out my next move to train for December's 5k sometime between now and then :) I want to complete most of Steve's Spartan Warrior benchmarks this year, and a 24:00 5k is one of them.

• Like 1

Did you tell your guests about the race yet? Depending who they are you might have a built in cheering section. Do any of them run? Would they sign up with you?

I have the same issue with traffic lights. I got a Garmin for Christmas. But prior to that everything seemed like a guess.

I'm not timing my training runs either, though I will train my first 5k practice run at the beginning of Week 4. I've found my rhythm, and my runs now end with me still breathing at a good pace. (though usually covered in sweat!) I'm not going to do an actual race, just going to time myself on a run that I know is about 5 kilometers in length. (2.5 km according to Google Maps, and I'll run there and back from my house.)

Just getting out to do the running is the first step. Once you find that pace that feel perfect don't you feel like you could run all day?

Human Ranger Level 4

The Cat Empire

Did you tell your guests about the race yet? Depending who they are you might have a built in cheering section. Do any of them run? Would they sign up with you?

I have the same issue with traffic lights. I got a Garmin for Christmas. But prior to that everything seemed like a guess.

Just getting out to do the running is the first step. Once you find that pace that feel perfect don't you feel like you could run all day?

Yeah, definitely. It was a magical moment when I completed a 2 mile (3.2 km) run and almost felt like I could go out and do the whole thing again if I wanted. That said, I'm still being conservative with the mileage, and sticking to my training plan :)

• Like 1

Mmmmmmm the procrastination fairy has hit me hard on that front...  I shall send a message to her tomorrow.   I realise that it is my fault and I also fear there will be drama, so I have been putting the conversation off.  On one hand, she is visiting with her husband and she has another friend in Paris but on the other hand, I pretty stupidly decided to book a race that weekend without checking my calender at work.... oh the guilt!  You are right though - the run location should be quite beautiful and a good place for a picnic and there is a possibility of them joining in.  I will definitely call her tomorrow - eek!

Interesting - Does the Garmin work in cities?

Level 11 Morgana Scout

SUMMARY OF WEEK TWO [Passed]

To run a 10K race

Ran twice again this week for 7.2K and 7.7K.  Pretty happy with it, although I'd like try a new route and get to 8K in the next week.

To improve my Spanish

This week, I achieved a passing mark of 8.16/8 points. Not much different this week except that I caved in and downloaded the 2nd Harry Potter audiobook - so much for diversity in my listening material!  The plan for next week is to learn the difference between the two past tenses in Spanish and to learn when to use them appropriately.

To do all the things

Really productive weekend! Not enough time in the 2 days though :P

• Like 3

Level 11 Morgana Scout

WEEK THREE

MONDAY:
Medical - Had my first ever proper check-up with a doctor whilst being healthy today, since usually I only go when I'm ill. And it made me think. Particularly about my posture (strengthening my back) and lab safety at work.
Spanish - One Anki session and 5 minutes of HP audio = 0.5/8 points

TUESDAY:
Medical - Got a certificate saying that I'm healthy enough to race :)
Spanish - 30 minutes of speaking Spanish with Dan, and some Harry (5 minutes) = 0.5+1+? = 1.5/8 points

WEDNESDAY:
Spanish - Did an Anki session in bed, then listened to 10 minutes of HP on the way to work and listened to 25 minutes whilst doing housework = 1.5+0.5+1.33 = 3.33/8 points

THURSDAY:

Spanish - Finished Benny Lewis's book "Fluent in 3 months".  It has been a useful and motivating book, despite not saying too many new things.  For the majority of the book, it heavily advocates speaking for practice and then in the final chapters, it advises you to go back to studying once you have a good spoken language base and you want to get to higher fluency levels.   It makes sense, and it means that in the next few weeks I am going to be thinking through an effective study plan for the future.   Another idea, this book has given me, is to do a B2 level Spanish exam this year (maybe around October/November).  It is bit ambitious of me, but B2 level is the level I want out of Spanish and I've had a good Spanish vibe going this year.   If I keep this level of practice up and keep re-evaluating my progress, I think I could get quite close to B2 level...maybe...  In any case, the exam would give me a solid goal to work towards and a more structured and organised study plan.  

15 minutes listening to Harry Potter = 0.5+3.33 = 3.83/8 points

THURSDAY:
Running - It is measuring time: 0.5 + Tram + 1.96 + 1.94 + 6.04 = 10.44K!!!!   Woop woop!!! 

sgosfz5.jpg

I decided to have another running adventure and try running somewhere different.  I went to the park (Bois de Vincennes) and ran around the lake a few times and then I ended up running back.  Did more than the 8K I was aiming for!  Very happy with my first 10K run - bring on the race in 9 days!

Spanish - Did Anki cards on the transport to and from work and still didn't finish.  I'm giving myself the points for the time spent anyway. And I've done at least 20 minutes of my audiobook.  3.83 + 0.5 + 0.66 = 5/8 points

SATURDAY

Spanish - Done the Anki flashcards for today. 0.5 + 5 = 5.5/8 points

To do all the things - Made a good long list this morning, so there is that.  And I think I'm well on my way to ticking lots of things off now that I've already tidied the apartment, washed our clothes and about to go shopping :)  In fact, I'll just go block facebook and buzzfeed...

SUNDAY

Spanish - Done the Anki flashcards for today, and I also talked to SymphonicDan for an hour.  Planning to learn the simple future tense this week. 0.5 + 5.5 + 2 = 8/8 points

To do all the things - 18/23 on the list done.  Didn't look at buzzfeed all weekend, and facebook was very limited.  Was pretty productive, but I still have no idea where the time goes at the weekend.  Did a few things that I would normally put off, so yay.

Running - Decided to go bouldering + a short run today instead of a long run.  It has been a while since my last bouldering session and my climbing always suffers.  I wasn't too frustrated today though since I was expecting it.   I did a variety of yellows, both the green traverse routes (woop woop) and one green climbing upwards route.   Was just happy to boulder again and just ambled around climbing this and that and watching others.   I ran back (1.6K) and am feeling pretty tired now :)

Level 11 Morgana Scout

I am jealous of your 10K venue. My wife was an exchange student to Paris in college. A 10K entry in the city of lights might be the only way to bribe her to start running. =P

You are right though - the run location should be quite beautiful and a good place for a picnic and there is a possibility of them joining in.  I will definitely call her tomorrow - eek!

Interesting - Does the Garmin work in cities?

How was the phone call?

I'm not sure if it works in cities. I have the forerunner 15. I run mostly in slightly wooded and suburban areas. No where that ever loses cell phone reception. I image that as long as it can keep the satellites it should keep you covered.

Human Ranger Level 4

The Cat Empire

I am jealous of your 10K venue. My wife was an exchange student to Paris in college. A 10K entry in the city of lights might be the only way to bribe her to start running. =P

How was the phone call?

I'm not sure if it works in cities. I have the forerunner 15. I run mostly in slightly wooded and suburban areas. No where that ever loses cell phone reception. I image that as long as it can keep the satellites it should keep you covered.

:)  The race I'm doing is in the forest to the East of Paris, but if it goes well then hopefully I can do a race in the centre.  In a race I hope that they would close the roads since then I wouldn't have to worry about the small pavements, protruding cafes and car exhaust fumes.  Saying that, I am really fortunate to be where I am now and the sights are special :)

I messaged her.  Thanks for keeping me accountable.  She is okay with it and there was no drama.   They don't want to run 10K with me - which is understandable -  and it sounds like they will just mooch around the centre whilst I go running.   So no problem!

I did look at watch-sized GPS thingy a while ago, but the shop assistant said it wasn't exact in city centres.  It would be good to be more exact though, I'll look into it.

• Like 1

Level 11 Morgana Scout

Sorry for getting back to you a bit late.   Adventures?  Mmmmmm.... I had a good run on a new route in the park (Bois de vincennes) on Friday which was really nice, I finally managed to get round to bouldering on Sunday but otherwise I was trying to design something to replace a card for Mother's day :P  How was your weekend?  Any adventures planned for this week ?  Especially with this : "Try to make the MOST of EVERY decision that comes my way" :)

Did you get your run in?  And which boardgames?  We recently got 'Terra Mystica', which I really like despite being ridiculously complicated.   I still find it weird that it is a board game without any luck involved.

• Like 1

Level 11 Morgana Scout