Starbuck is back and is going to actually finish this challenge...

Starbuck

That looks like a great kit plane! My G-pa built an RV-6 that we used to fly in, and a piper cub that he gave me lessons in for a summer. Fun times in little planes! 

Do you schedule your rest days? Or do they just sorta happen? They seem pretty regular... I have struggled with getting into a rhythm with mine if I'm planning them instead of going with the flow

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I actually went to the gym for the first time in far too long!

#Clean 
15 x 5 x 3
20 x 3 x 1
22.5 x 3 x 1
25 x 3 x 3

#Clean Pull 
35 x 4 x 1
45 x 4 x 1
50 x 4 x 1
55 x 4 x 3

#Jerk 
15 x 5 x 1
25 x 3 x 1
35 x 3 x 1
40 x 3 x 1
45 x 3 x 1
45 x 2 x 2

#Good Morning 
15 x 8 x 1
20 x 5 x 3

#Front Squat 
15 x 3 x 1 - found that I was struggling with just the bar, which seemed like a good indication to call it a day.
  • Like 1

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

Instagram | Twitter | Training Journal 

(Weight x Reps x Sets - all weights kg unless specified)

Do you schedule your rest days? Or do they just sorta happen? They seem pretty regular... I have struggled with getting into a rhythm with mine if I'm planning them instead of going with the flow

They just sorta happen. I find it hard to plan with my currently ever changing work roster and all the other things I'm trying to fit in. I do sometimes know that I won't be able to exercise on a certain day and try to plan the week around it. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

ugh. food at work is my downfall too. 

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I actually can't even really remember what happened last week. It started well and then everything else got in the way.

Some exercise at least five days a week.

Monday: Weightlifting that I'd already written about.

Tuesday: Rugby training. 

Wednesday: Push ups. It was just another retest of how many I could do in a row. I only got 19 this time. (I think every muscle on me was protesting going back to weightlifting and following it up with rugby training).

Thursday: Yoga at home. I followed a 20 min online class. It was good.

Friday/Saturday/Sunday: Spent the weekend in QLD (left straight after work on Friday and got home late Sunday night). It isn't really the best excuse because I did actually have plenty of time for push ups or something else small. 

Don't initiate eating crap.

I actually can't remember. I definitely bought myself a cookie on one afternoon and think that I've semi given up on the no snacking at work thing.

Positive self talk only.

Still unsure how to answer this one. 

Bonus mini goals.

No flying last week (no lessons available when I was free).

I'm writing to-do-lists....but then ignoring them.

Having some wedding dress issues currently.

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

Was planning on weightlifting today, but was insanely tired (to the point where I actually fell asleep whilst getting changed out of my work close) and decided that the drive was going to be too much of a struggle.

Did push ups instead - 17,19, 15, 15, 20 with 60 seconds between sets. Surprised myself by getting through it all until the last set (I paused at 15 and 18...but still managed it reasonably quickly).

• Like 1

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

Hey, to-do lists reduce your stress levels even if they don't get done ;)

You found me on FitBit! *waves*

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

Hey, to-do lists reduce your stress levels even if they don't get done ;)

You found me on FitBit! *waves*

That is true. I think I just need to work out a way of dealing with the non-urgent jobs on my to-do list that I just continually postpone to the next day.

I think it must have been another Starbuck - I don't have FitBit (though I have been contemplating getting one, should I?)

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

The rest of last week...

Tuesday: Rest.

Wednesday: Push ups -  100 total (10, 10, 13, 13, 10, 10, 9, 25 with 45 seconds rest between sets). Not sure how I feel about having more (mostly smaller) sets with less rest between. Managed it all apart from the last set, which I broke into two. 

Thursday: Short yoga video + a pose for an Instagram yoga challenge that I'm doing.

Friday: Just the pose for the yoga challenge - which was a pretty quick one. It was Warrior 3 and I think I only did it once on each side.

Saturday: Just the yoga challenge, but it was warrior 3 to pistol squat to warrior 3. Pistols are a huge weakness for me (mostly due to my awful ankle mobility), so I spent a bit of time working on them. 

Sunday: Push ups - 120 total (12, 12, 15, 15, 13, 13, 10, 30 with 45 seconds rest between sets) - no issues until the last set, which involved me stopping three times. Also did the yoga challenge pose.

This week I pretty much stopped paying attention to this. Work was stressful and there were some significant family stressors...and really I just gave up.

Positive self talk only.

I really don't know.

Bonus mini goals

This actually happened today (so, technically after the challenge had finished), but absolutely needs to be mentioned here... I got to fly solo!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Also, did manage to achieve a few wedding related tasks done this week - finally made a dress decision, contacted various possibly vendors (DJ, florist, cake) and talked to a friend about getting her to sing. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

Challenge Summary

Main Quest - Complete the Challenge

The fact that I am writing this post is a reasonable indication that this was a success.

Goals

I managed this in 4/5 weeks (spent the first week deciding on goals - so it was a five week challenge). Reasonably happy with this. Still struggling a little with feeling like I was cheating myself by how little I was considering exercise (even though that was the goal!) - if I do a similar goal in future challenges, I think there should be a little more thought into what actually counts.

I did well with this at home, but not so well when it came to the snacks at work. This definitely did highlight to me how prone I am to snacking when stressed. I think the goal for snacking at work needed to be more specific - it was just too easy for me to try to work around "have a little, but don't go back for more".

Positive self talk only.

The lesson in this was that it is important to have measurable goals. This just seemed too hard and I'd given up on writing (and thinking) about it by week two. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

Yaaay, you made it!

Isn't work a killer? I think that's where I really started packing on weight after uni... every time some treat shows up near the coffee maker, you can hardly  walk by but you eat some. 

I have push ups in my new challenge as a bonus :) Are you doing the next round?

Yaaay, you made it!

Isn't work a killer? I think that's where I really started packing on weight after uni... every time some treat shows up near the coffee maker, you can hardly  walk by but you eat some. 

I have push ups in my new challenge as a bonus :) Are you doing the next round?

Yep, I am such a sucker for free food.

Yay for push ups! I am planning on doing the next round. Just need to think up some goals. 

wheeeeeeeee you did it

:D

• Like 1

Current Challenge!

Battle Log