More portable than a notebook, more accountable than a diary - ToothlessMountaineer's log

In the last 4 weeks I've been keeping a regular gym log for the first time in my life. I'm up to 5 weeks in a row of getting to the gym twice a week, and this last week I made it up to 3 trips in a week for the first time ever. I started getting to recording more daily progress with a protein log - tracking everything I eat will be an ultimate goal, but getting my goal of 150g of protein/day is a pretty good head start. Maybe this will expand to recording sleep, reading, studying, and other facets of my life. Who knows?

Without further ado, here's my tracking for today:

Exercise: OFF - I had an upper body workout and a 10 laps of (mostly) powder turns yesterday :D

Stretching: 2 x 5 minutes

Protein: 30g for breakfast (Power Oatmeal), 5g from nuts snacked on throughout my workday, 35g for lunch (salad with chicken and cheese), 40g for dinner (pasta with leftover stew beef), and a final 40g protein shake to round out my 150g

I kept the protein log going for about a week, but stopped doing it two weeks ago. It has made a change for me though in my diet.

I've better reinforced the mentality of 'Is there helping me get closer to my goals or further away from them?' Without trying that hard, I'm finally even giving up extras like cheese on a sandwich and resisting the urge to get a box of Pop Tarts when I see them for 50% off, even as a treat. Not that I don't have some treats - I have a beer with dinner every night and I definitely cheat here and there. But I definitely have healthier habits for what groceries I get and what I eat throughout the day. I probably haven't hit my 150g/day protein goal, but I haven't been working out as feverishly recently either. I have kept my gym workouts logged though, so at least I built that habit into me :)

Major respect to those of you keeping your daily logs going!