Elisha's All About The Ommmmm

Elisha

This is the 3rd time I'm writing this so it will be short and to the point. 

Fitness: Yoga 4-5 days a week, up from 3-4. Running 3-4 days. I haven't been consistent week to week so I'm just trying to get back into the habit.  I'm adding a mini workout in the mornings just to get blood pumping. After the first 30 days, I may add a set of kettlebell swings every other day. 

To help with fitness I've added alarms for every workout, I plan to do, except the mini ones. I should probably do that. 

Food: No desserts/candy for 30 days or longer.  99.9% paleo. I have a few exceptions: 1. Mayo, unless I like the Whole 30 recipe. I've made a bunch of paleo mayo and haven't liked any. I am considering getting rid of it all together. I don't eat much anyway. 2. Almond Breeze vanilla almond milk which I use in an ayurvedic tea that helps with the extreme fatigue I've had for a month. 3. An ayurvedic jam that I will have when I have sugar cravings. It's a teaspoon at a time.  

To help with the food I will grocery shop every Sunday and prepare snacks and other food for the week. This week I made a few baked sweet potatoes and some hard boiled eggs. I'll also use my Fitbit. 

Goal 3: Use a to-do list system so I stay organized and don't forget things.  I have a red card for the top 5 things I need to do, a yellow card for things that are not as high priority, a purple card for my current project, a green card for some day things, and white cards for my daily schedule and weekly meal plan.  This will also help get things out of my head and I won't worry about forgetting them.  I'd like to set this up on my phone with alarms, but I can't find an app I like enough.  I really like awesome list, but of course they don't have one for android. 

Goal 4: This is just for more accountability, finish the children's book I've been working on for 5 years. The other goals are more important so this is just an "if I get to it" kind of thing.

I'm loosely following this lady's plan. Her before and afters are smokin' hot and it seems like a good place to start. It includes a lot of things I wanted to focus on like water consumption and mini workouts as well as paleo. I am not doing her workout plan this time though.  The to-do list plan is from a book on ADD called Your Life Can Be Better.

Half Elf, 28.6 lbs overweight, average height, voluptuous, low muscle mass, bad ass mother f*cker

Current Challenge  Fourth Challenge Third Challenge Second Challenge First Challenge  My Long List of Goals 

Level 5

STR: 5STA: 4, DEX: 7, CON: 9, WIS: 13CHA: 8

Weight Goal: 2/43.6

1%
1%

â€œAnd the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom†-- Anaïs Nin

Website      Instagram 

Day 1: (yesterday 2/23)

Fitness: I walked a lot (over an hour's worth) and did an hour of candlelight yoga. I also did 30 calf raises. 10 feet normal position, 10 feet turned out, 10 feet turned in. 

Food: I did not eat breakfast. For lunch, I had a gentleman caller and we went for cheeseburgers and fries. I also had an enormous ice cream cone. I ordered 1 scoop, but she gave me 2.  I also finished off a box of thin mints (about half) and had 2 hard boiled eggs for dinner.  Said gentleman lives 4 hours away so I'm not planning on seeing him again until next month.

To-Do Lists: I was out most of the day but still managed a few of the high priority things on my list. It wasn't great though. Most importantly, I didn't bring the cards with me so I couldn't check my list throughout the day, which is the main habit I want to develop.

Children's book: Nope. I thought about it some. 

Half Elf, 28.6 lbs overweight, average height, voluptuous, low muscle mass, bad ass mother f*cker

Current Challenge  Fourth Challenge Third Challenge Second Challenge First Challenge  My Long List of Goals 

Level 5

1%
1%

â€œAnd the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom†-- Anaïs Nin

Website      Instagram 

Day 2:

Yesterday was really good. I had 0 sugar cravings which really surprised me. I think it was because I kept myself pretty busy. I did have a nightmare I caved and didn't realize it until I was half finished with a dessert. That's actually been known to happen. 

Fitness: Yoga. The class is called everything dosha. The poses were difficult for me, but I don't think anyone would call it a major workout. I did hold crow for a couple of seconds though. I was really very happy with that. I also did 10 push-ups for my mini workout and of course I walked to and from the yoga studio. 

Food: Stayed 99.9% paleo. I did have some mayo and sweet relish in this tuna egg salad concoction I made for lunch. Breakfast: 1/2 c. sweet potato, 1 slice bacon, 2 eggs. Snack: an orange and Kapha tea, Lunch: aforementioned tuna egg salad, Dinner: 2 roasted chicken thighs and legs, asparagus and other mixed vegetables.  I also had 75.6 ounces of water, not including the tea. I'm out of almond milk so I had to make due. 

To-Do List: I cleaned and swept the floor, took out the trash, cleaned the stove, started my challenge thread, called to cancel an account, and transferred money from PayPal.  I need to work on priorities and make sure my bare minimum for painting is finished by noon. I may not get that tomorrow because of yoga, but every other day I should. 

Painting: I didn't get to it.

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Day 3:

Fitness: I overslept and did not make it to yoga. I did do 30 calf raises. I didn't run either. 

Food: Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 slice bacon, 1/2 c. sweet potato.  Snack: tea. Lunch: tuna salad mix and an orange. Snack: Larabar, then a half cup grapes, then right before dinner half an apple left over from the dinner recipe. Dinner: This recipe for stuffed acorn squash. Very yum.  Since it was my first time eating acorn squash I did use coconut palm sugar, but only half a tablespoon when it calls for a tablespoon of brown sugar. 

I did crave hot chocolate this morning, mostly because it was very cold. I can't decide if that would count as a cheat or not. I would make it with almond milk and unsweetened cocoa powder. 

I also went grocery shopping and let me tell you, grocery stores are assholes. Everyone knows people trying to eat healthy shop the perimeter of the store so now that's where grocery stores put all the cookies and donuts. Ya know, it's not like we aren't spending our money. I just think it is rude, especially when some people are desperate to lose weight and find that stuff to be triggers. I was able to avoid everything, but it definitely made the day more difficult.

I did buy some mustard powder so whole 30 mayo is a go. I may do that tomorrow. 

To-Do Lists: I did a few things from the list, but my plans changed for tomorrow so I had to go to the store. I did things I needed to do, I just didn't put them on the list or take anything else off.Technically, I could have still gone to the store tomorrow, but with all the things I now have to do then, I didn't think I would have been exhausted. I still might, but at least I have one less major thing to do.  Plus one for energy conservation, minus one for not utilizing the to-do list properly. 

Painting: I don't want to talk about it. 

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Fitness: 2 workouts in 1 day.  I did an hour of yoga and immediately after did half an hour jog. 

Food: I did have chocolate milk made with the almond breeze vanilla and unsweetened cocoa powder. It was a reward for my jog. It was pretty chilly here and it helped me look forward to the jog during yoga. I didn't have lunch though so an early dinner and maybe some fruit if I'm hungry later. 

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1/2 an avocado.  Kapha tea for a snack then the hot chocolate.  A coconut cream Larabar as a snack.  For dinner, I'm having chicken legs and some veggies. 

To-Do List: so far 4/5 things on the list. I feel like I need to adjust something with this, but I'm not sure what yet. 

Painting: I haven't gotten to it, but I hope to before the night is over. At the very least work on the layout. 

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Sounds like week one is off to a good start!

It is! Much better than I had thought it would be. 

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Day 5 (I think):

Fitness: happy hour yoga. It was really basic. I had a decent stretch, but it was like doing one of my beginner DVDs. I finally have my new fitbit band! I didn't realize you could just stick the thing in your pocket and it would work. Probably because it wouldn't light up in my old band, I thought it had to connect to something in there.  Live and learn. I did calf raises for my mini workout. 

Food: I had some cravings, but nothing crazy. The fitbit app says I've gone over a lot in my calories every day, but since I'm doing 99.9% paleo, I'm not too worried, yet. I also made my own mayonnaise. I used the whole 30 recipe and I think I only used 1/2 cup of oil for their 1 1/4 c. It may have been 3/4, but I'm leaning to the 1/2.  It's delicious. I wish I ate sandwiches so I could smear it on there.  Since I'm keeping track on my fitbit, I don't want to track my food here too. I may do screen shots like I've done before. 

To-Do List: I don't remember. I must not have used it then. I wish awesome list was on android. Although I don't know if that will help either. I have several to-do list apps, but none of them are exactly what I would like. 

Painting: I didn't paint, but I did have a break through with one of them. I'm really excited. 

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

I have been strongly debating getting one of the new fitbits that do the heart rate tracking. I can see where that would be really useful while working out. Too bad they seem to be sold out everywhere.

Check out Wunderlist on android.

I want one of the new ones too, but I haven't had this one a year and I hadn't had my up band a year before it broke.

I've tried wunderlist and I wasn't impressed. It might have been that it was too complicated for me to figure out how to do what I wanted. Lol. It wouldn't be the first time.

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

155020915cbfb3fd4820180e430e24c9.jpg

This really bugs me about fitbit. When I went to bed last night it said I was only 170+ calories over. I woke up and now it says over 700! I'm not counting calories since I'm doing paleo, but if I was this app would be so useless. I don't know how anyone manages with it.

The calories left number changes too. Before dinner it said I had 300 calories left.

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

I made the mistake of challenging Tateman and JDKC4D to a weekend warrior challenge on fitbit. Word to the wise,  don't challenge someone who ran a spartan race to one of these things unless you are a glutton for punishment. I walked almost 11 miles yesterday and he still beat me by thousands of steps. There's always next weekend if I can move by then. :D 

Fitness: I got in 3 runs and 4 yogas last week, plus all the extra walking. 

Food: I have barely had cravings and none significant. I guess it was just time for me to give up the majority of sugar that I eat. I'm sure the fresh fruit helps too. And the almond milk. When I gave up soda last year I rarely craved it. Even when I did it was very passing. I haven't had a soda since. I was addicted to those things, but not having intense sugar cravings is even more surprising than not having intense soda cravings. 

To-Do list: I'm still struggling with this. I can't tell if my system isn't working or I just don't care about the list. lol. Most of it has to do with surprise events that throw my whole day off, like yesterday. Not to get into details, but I thought I had to suddenly drive 2 hours to an emergency vet. Half way there, emergency is no longer an emergency so we all drive home.  I ran several errands that should have been on my list, but I hadn't thought to write them down. Now the things that were on didn't get done, but other important things did. I also pushed some things aside for the challenge. 

Painting: Saturday I typed the entire book into word so I can copy it into inDesign (that's why I was going to go to the library today!) and I had a great idea for one of the paintings, but Sunday I forgot all about the book. 

Overall, I would give week 1 a B+. I managed much better with my food and fitness than I anticipated, not as well as I'd hoped on the to-do list, and still managed some on the book. 

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Yesterday was pretty good. I finished one of the paintings, ate well, did yoga. Used a to do list app.

Today I had to take one of my dogs to the vet for stitches. It pushed my day behind quite a bit. It was at the same time as yoga so I didn't get to go. My legs are pretty tired. I've already done 6000 steps so I may not run either.

Painting: Lola got very dirty at the dog park and jumped on the table which had my paintings sitting on it. She messed up 4 of them including the latest one. I think I fixed it or at least most of it.

Food: I'm craving everything today. Probably because I didn't eat much yesterday or today and all the extra activity over the weekend.

To-do list: I'm gonna try, but I'm pretty sure not much will be done after I get back. I'm going to clean and I will consider the day a success if I manage that and still eat well.

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Yesterday was not the win I had hoped for. Beasley wouldn't leave my side so I laid down with him to help him relax. I was pretty worn out myself and thought I'd take a nap. It didn't happen. When I finally admitted defeat, I got up to make dinner and clean a little.

Nope.

My chicken was still frozen. There was no dinner. I did have some salmon that I can cook frozen, but I've never tried it in my very touchy RV oven. (I've decided I'm getting all cast iron cookware a little at a time.) I was getting hangry so I decided to just go out to eat. I didn't want to leave the Beast all alone so I took him and Lola with me and lefter Gunnar the Terrible home all alone to pay for his sins.

I did not stick to the paleo/no sugar diet. I even ordered dessert out of habit before I realized what I had done. It really was because I didn't think I had the money for it after the vet, but I was half finished before I remembered that tid bit. Luckily I did have enough.

It was delicious and the best part was I felt much worse after eating it than I usually do. I'm ready to get back to my goals and I've already thawed the meat for dinner tonight.

I did track the meal in my fitbit and normally I wouldn't have bothered. I didn't go any more over my calorie budget than I normally do. Probably because I didn't eat much and I burned more than my usual amount.

The morning Gunnar bit Beasley's ear, literally about 30 minutes before, I was thinking I should update everyone on Nerdfitness about how great Gunnar is doing now. He's slowly growing out of his very awful habits and becoming a better dog. Then he freaks out on Beasley's head.

He also destroyed my laptop charger last night while we were all out to dinner so his evening wasn't a total loss.

Yesterday I did 0 fitness, 0 to-do list, 0 painting, and 80% food.

Today, I'm shaking it off.

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Yesterday was good. I made paleo blueberry muffins. The fruit in Florida is amazing! I have never liked blueberries right from the container, but the ones here are so delicious. The strawberries are better than I have ever tasted too! 

All I had for dinner was the muffins because my chicken did not cook all the way through and my oven is such that I have to stick my hand in the back and light the pilot every time I cook in it. It is a tiny space and if I tried to stick my hand in there to relight the pilot to finish cooking the chicken, I would burn my hand. I've tried. Possibly more than once. 

I did chair yoga. and walked about 12,000 steps. 

I failed miserably with the to-do list. 

Didn't paint either. 

Today, my dogs are at doggy day care. I took Lola to the groomer and found out the other dogs could stay too! My excitement has me questioning my position as a dog mommy. I spent the morning clearing out 3 cabinets and otherwise enjoying the freedom of a dog free existence. No bumping into them, no having them shadow me and go in the exact spot I was about to set something. No being begged for attention non-stop. No whining, barking, or noise of any kind. I haven't had to say no or bad dog all. day. long. 

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Yesterday was good. I made paleo blueberry muffins. The fruit in Florida is amazing! I have never liked blueberries right from the container, but the ones here are so delicious. The strawberries are better than I have ever tasted too! 

Fresh is always the best. I have about 300 strawberry plants in my garden.  It didn't get cold for very long this year though, so I don't really know if production will be good this year or not. It's always prolific after a long winter with a lot of snow.  I have planted blueberries and blackberries several times, but the damn deer always come and eat the whole thing, Right down to the root. 

• Like 1

2nd First Quest  | 3rd Quest | 4th Quest | 5th Quest | 6th

Epic progress bar of epicness.

92%
92%

Let's face it, I'm fairly epic. 

Fresh is always the best. I have about 300 strawberry plants in my garden.  It didn't get cold for very long this year though, so I don't really know if production will be good this year or not. It's always prolific after a long winter with a lot of snow.  I have planted blueberries and blackberries several times, but the damn deer always come and eat the whole thing, Right down to the root. 

Yeah, wild life are a bunch of jerks. lol. Oh, now I'm thinking about making paleo whipped cream and just having it with the berries.... *wipes drool from keyboard*

Fingers crossed for your strawberries. 

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Thursday my gentleman caller asked me out for lunch on Friday. I briefly considered just going paleo, but I was pretty hungry by the time he arrived. It's hard to pass up alligator empanadas. I also had sweet tea, but I kept it at one glass and we did not have dessert. Actually, I fill the glass mostly with unsweetened tea then added about 1/4 of sweet tea. 

I also haven't been tracking my blue berry muffin intake since I haven't found the nutritional info for the recipe. I'll do that right after this though. 

I forgot happy yoga starts at 4:30 instead of 5:30. I had to pick the dogs up from day care at 4:45.  No yoga or running for me. I did get an extra session in today though. It was pretty tough, but felt great. I still have to run though. 

Everything else was a fail too. Which kind of sounds stupid. I mean, I organized 3 cabinets. I cleaned out the cab so the dogs have more room. (I was trying to get them into the back of the RV when I drive, but they just try to take over my area so more room for them it is.) That had been on my imaginary to do list for weeks. I just never wrote it down. There has to be a better way. I will do research for that as well. 

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Okay, I'm going to try the HabitRPG, which I first hear about on jdkc4d's thread, but learned a bit more about it on this to-do list app list on life hacker. If that doesn't work I'm going to try any.do. 

I'm going with habitrpg because they said it was good with building...wait for it....habits.  Although any.do looks pretty lovely. 

PaleOMG blueberry muffins are 410 calories ea for 12. I don't know if they are that good. :) Well, when you eat 4 a day it quickly becomes more calories than I'm supposed to eat in an entire day and oops. 

See, I just did 2 things, yet it seemed like a waste of time to put them on my to do list. Although I could see how this would help with my ADD, if I get into the habit of writing it down instead of just doing it immediately. That could be where my trouble is. Maybe habitrpg will help me with that too. 

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Good luck with habit RPG. I couldn't get past the RPG part.

Yeah, I think it would overwhelm me if I let it, but I just made my avatar look like me and set up my stuff right away. I figure I can learn as I go, if I want to. Otherwise, I'll just play by myself. I don't like that you can accidentally hit the same one twice and it counts both. It should only be once a day, but it seems like they don't have a lot of help and it's free. 

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Last week I will give myself a C. I did 3 yoga classes, although I am still really sore from Saturday's. I ate out 3 times and had dessert twice. That's eating out 85% of the week, not bad, but not what I want. 

This weekend I did both my running and I did the calf raises mini workout. I think I want to do a push up challenge. I found one that seems doable. I'd link to it, but popsugar is off limits at this library. It is on their fitness site and it is for 50 push ups. It does 5 different types so it works several different muscle groups. 

I think I was having such major cravings last week because of PMS. I always forget about that. I'm hoping this week will be a bit easier. 

I'm still down 1.8 lbs, but compared to the 4.4 lbs the week before, I could have done better.  I'm still happy though and it's 7.8lbs from when I started weekly weighing before the challenge.  Every little bit helps. 

HabitRPG so far has helped me with a large portion of my to-do list problems. It helps me remember to check the list because I want to see what I can do next and it helps with motivation to do the little things and get them out of the way so I can get my points. 

It hasn't helped yet for my painting, but it has me thinking about why it hasn't. I'm still waiting on certain electronic components and I don't have a clear idea of what to do next. 

That 7.8 lbs is so close to 10 I am motivated to eat all paleo this week so I can lose the 2.2 lbs. I do think I'm going to add some stevia back into my diet. I think no sugar, while an awesome goal, is too much for me. Maybe it won't be this week and I'm not going to go all willy-nilly. If I'm craving sugar, I think it is better to have a cup of hot chocolate with stevia than push myself until ice cream is all I can think about it. I will stick to no dessert. I think that is my major crutch. I used to want dessert after every day, sometimes twice, and that is the habit I really want to break.  We'll see. Right now, I'm good.

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram 

Yeah, I think it would overwhelm me if I let it, but I just made my avatar look like me and set up my stuff right away. I figure I can learn as I go, if I want to. Otherwise, I'll just play by myself. I don't like that you can accidentally hit the same one twice and it counts both. It should only be once a day, but it seems like they don't have a lot of help and it's free. 

There is some kind of thing in there about daily activities.  I haven't really explored that too much. 

2nd First Quest  | 3rd Quest | 4th Quest | 5th Quest | 6th

Epic progress bar of epicness.

92%
92%

Let's face it, I'm fairly epic. 

There is some kind of thing in there about daily activities.  I haven't really explored that too much. 

Yeah, I wasn't very clear. I think in the habits you can hit the same plus or minus multiple times and it counts each time so if I accidentally hit a button twice, it subtracts or adds it twice. It threw off my numbers a couple of times, but so far I really like the app. I just have to be more careful. 

Level 5

1%
1%

Website      Instagram