Stooshie is a Leaf On the Wind

Stooshie

watch-how-i-soar.gif

Hey, everyone! I'm back for another challenge. My last attempted failed miserably thanks to getting really sick. After that, my life got crazy. Everything's finally settled down a little bit and I have time to work on goals again. I got my degree last summer, which has been great. I'm currently working as a freelancer and consultant full time. Which means that I'm working about 10 hours every day, even on weekends. My life is absolute chaos right now. I'm trying to get better at piloting this craft, but goodness knows it's hard. 

With that in mind, this challenge isn't as "assassiny" as my past ones have been. I already have an awesome workout schedule and I'm in my fitness groove there. This one is going to be focusing on giving myself some down time every day while still reaching my goals. So, I'm dusting off my brown coat for this challenge. I've got to be tougher than a ship full of reavers at the moment. Time to get some mastery of my own course... I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar!

Goal 1

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty."

Daily yoga- Goal one is to start my day off with some calm before things get crazy. I am aiming for at least 20 minutes of yoga every morning to help get me in the right headspace to take on my day. 

Goal 2

"I can kill you with my brain."

Daily reading- I am a bookworm at heart, but my reading has fallen by the side since my schedule started. I am not okay with it and I'll be fixing that this challenge. The goal is just 30 minutes of reading a day, either first thing in the morning, over lunch or before bed.

Goal 3

"We're all doomed! Who's flying this thing?! Oh right, that would be me. Back to work..."

Daily writing- I'm a professional writer and editor, but everything I write is for someone else. I need to build up a daily writing routine if I want to improve my abilities. I'm starting out small for this challenge with 30 minutes of writing a day. It can be working on a piece of fiction, journaling or blogging. Whatever it is, it has to be writing for myself, not for any clients.

Goal 4

"She is starting to seriously damage my calm."

Daily meditation- Currently my stress levels are unsupportable. That needs to change and change fast. I had a meditation habit for years and with this challenge, I'll be working on building it up again. I have no time limit for this goal. It just needs to happen every day for some period of time. 

Sorry I'm late to get this up! I started everything yesterday like a good assassin should. I just forgot to post everything. More updates to this are coming in the next few days. I can't wait to see what this challenge will bring! 

• Like 2

"No power in the 'verse can stop me."

Current Challenge: Stooshie is a Leaf on the Wind

Past Challenges: The road goes ever, ever on!

Yay Stoosh!   This is what we were talking about! Great goals there!  Just with the write for work vs write for self... don't get burned out.  What is your meditation?  Quiet time? Hooping? Hopping? Hobbling?  I want to hear updates, young lady.  :panda:   Anyone else think the stock smilies are really creepy?

Level 9 Tiefling Ranger/Scout

STR 9 DEX 16 CON 15 INT 10 WIS 13

Current challenge

Mordor: Hobbiton -> Rivendell (238/458 miles)

Water advice  Join the Circus!

Nice challenge!!  The best assassins know how to manage their stress and rest up between missions.  Too often, I'm going along gang-busters and then - WHAM! - I get sick and the gains go by the wayside.  This challenge, I'm addressing that with dietary changes, but meditation should probably get added to help too.

Good luck with the challenge!!!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

howareyoudoing

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Hi, everyone. Sorry for the silence on my end.

I've recently just gone through a big tragedy. My entire plan for this challenge has gotten completely derailed. I'll try to post later tonight with some updates and changes to my goals to try to stick with it for the rest of the challenge. 

• Like 1

"No power in the 'verse can stop me."

Current Challenge: Stooshie is a Leaf on the Wind

Past Challenges: The road goes ever, ever on!

*hugs* 

I hope you will feel better soon! Don't beat yourself up over the plan, get yourself back on track on your own time and indeed get the goals so that you will be able to make it <3