Hey, sorry if this comes as a disappointment to some, but I'm gona' have to put the story on hold. It's been taking up a bit too much of my time, and I've personally gotten a bit burnt out from constantly thinking about it. So at the least, I want to give it a break for a while.

It feels awkward saying this, after just starting it up again for this challenge, but honestly, I kinda' pushed myself to continue it. But if I continue that way, it'll quickly start to seem less like a fun thing I do on the side, and more like an obligation, which I don't want. Plus, even though my writing's not that great, I still don't want to fart out a story, just to get it out; I want to put some effort into it. But since I'm currently going through a bit of a rough time right now, and like I said above, burnt out and really don't feel like writing for a while, I feel it'd be best if the story is put on hold for the time being.

What does this mean for the team? Not much. Just continue to support one another, like always.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm disappointing anyone here, it's just the story's become a bit too much of a distraction for me at the current moment, and I just need a break. I hope you all understand. Thanks.

• Like 4

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Hey, sorry if this comes as a disappointment to some, but I'm gona' have to put the story on hold. It's been taking up a bit too much of my time, and I've personally gotten a bit burnt out from constantly thinking about it. So at the least, I want to give it a break for a while.

It feels awkward saying this, after just starting it up again for this challenge, but honestly, I kinda' pushed myself to continue it. But if I continue that way, it'll quickly start to seem less like a fun thing I do on the side, and more like an obligation, which I don't want. Plus, even though my writing's not that great, I still don't want to fart out a story, just to get it out; I want to put some effort into it. But since I'm currently going through a bit of a rough time right now, and like I said above, burnt out and really don't feel like writing for a while, I feel it'd be best if the story is put on hold for the time being.

What does this mean for the team? Not much. Just continue to support one another, like always.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm disappointing anyone here, it's just the story's become a bit too much of a distraction for me at the current moment, and I just need a break. I hope you all understand. Thanks.

Oh! It's okay, Will!

The story teller matters more than the story itself

You take care of yourself, okay?

Virtual-Hug.gif

This message was convincingly brought to you by,"my imaginative brain"—in association with "my nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 2

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

Will: life happens. That is true for all of us, including you. No shame in that, and since this is your mind baby, I understand the decision of not wanting to half-ass the story just to get something going.

But rest assured, the brigade shall stand tall. WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?

So, it's training time, right?. What says the brigade? should we train? I propose we change the nature of this challenge and each one of us picks a skill that we have ignored in the past as far as training. Not necessarily related to our challenge (we will of course keep supporting each other's challenge goals, so definitely keep discussing that here too), but we can also (for the remainder of this challenge's life) report on that skill. how much training? anywhere from 5 mins a day to whatever. as long as it's more than what we usually do, on a skill that we started learning but have since forgotten/ignored.

And when you feel like you can take care of the brigade again, we'll be here. This challenge or the next. Once a brigade member, always a brigade member...

Who's in?

Me? I still want to become more dexterous... so maybe start training pen spinning again? I always thought that looked amazing, and started learning, but I've been on and off for years on that, without making real progress.

Or maybe practice my handywrite? that should be useful for note-taking...

or go back to blogging... sigh. I'll decide on something if people feel like this is something we can do.

• Like 1

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

Don't worry about it, Will! 

While I enjoy your storytelling very much, Hansjay is right: you are more important to us, and doing this shouldn't feel like an obligation or worse!

I know you have put a lot of time and effort in this, and sometimes, at the end of the day, there just isn't enough time and / or energy left for things that are not absolutely necessary for survival. I know that. "Been there, done that", didn't care for it much, but at the time there wasn't much I could do about it. 

If there's anything we can help you with, please let us know, here or via PM. :love_heart: 

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Yeeah, writing that story does look like a lot of work! Take it easy buddy, we're not going anywhere and you can always continue when your pizazz returns. I hope the roughness becomes silky smooth soon! Or at least a bit shinier? ;)

If there's anything we can help you with, please let us know, here or via PM. :love_heart:

I third this!

So, it's training time, right?. What says the brigade? should we train? I propose we change the nature of this challenge and each one of us picks a skill that we have ignored in the past as far as training. Not necessarily related to our challenge (we will of course keep supporting each other's challenge goals, so definitely keep discussing that here too), but we can also (for the remainder of this challenge's life) report on that skill. how much training? anywhere from 5 mins a day to whatever. as long as it's more than what we usually do, on a skill that we started learning but have since forgotten/ignored.

And when you feel like you can take care of the brigade again, we'll be here. This challenge or the next. Once a brigade member, always a brigade member...

Who's in?

Me? I still want to become more dexterous... so maybe start training pen spinning again? I always thought that looked amazing, and started learning, but I've been on and off for years on that, without making real progress.

Or maybe practice my handywrite? that should be useful for note-taking...

or go back to blogging... sigh. I'll decide on something if people feel like this is something we can do.

I like this idea! I don't have a challenge and I've been taking it uber-easy (I receive judgement of what I'm truly allowed to do tomorrow), but I have been trying to strengthen my weaker bits so that I can actually do a full ROM pull-up, since I totally forgot about wanting to be able to do that. I also even started programming at home for fun again, which I haven't done in a year apparently. Soooo, I guess I'm cheating since I have no actual challenge, but I shall:

• Do inverted rows and one-arm DB presses to fix muscle imbalances and get closer to full ROM pull-up.
  • Actually get a long lost programming project into a mostly-working stable state! Also, do we have any other programmers...? I get the feeling Swampling is one of these things, since git project :D

Uber vague and I don't know if this is quite what you were thinking of, but... there it is!

• Like 1

Gargoyle Assassin

Present: I can has climb?
   Future: It shall be excellent.

Failures are merely teachers.

oh, I do some programing. mostly script languages these days and for web purposes (e.g. javascript, php)… not that I'm great, but I try and from time to time I build stuff that works.

what is your language of choice?

Will! No worries dude! You do what you need to do and we are here to support you all the way. Ditto to what everyone else has said... All of it!

YOU, ME, US,

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!?!

I can't think of anything on the top of my head right now, but I am game erosan.

What they all said. Writing is hard to force, nevermind whatever's going on in your personal life. Focus on that, we'll still be here.

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

No problem, Will! Life happens, and I know writing related burnout all too well. Best to avoid it! We're here for you :)

Love the idea, erosan! Beyond what I have up for myself in my challenge, I'm going to get back to working on my second language learning (French). I have a course starting on Monday, so, good timing! And, when I say challenge myself, I mean going beyond 'okay, I did the assignment/passed the test' and working towards a functioning ability to understand and use the language. 

Keep on kicking ass, Brigade! :livid: 

• Like 1

A Level 3 Wood Elf Finding Her Way

“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.†William G.T. Shedd

My People  :livid:

Current Challenge: Taking Time

oh, I do some programing. mostly script languages these days and for web purposes (e.g. javascript, php)… not that I'm great, but I try and from time to time I build stuff that works.

what is your language of choice?

Hurray! I pretty much program exclusively in C++, going so far as to invoke the black arts of C++11 bestowed upon the particular compiler at hand. I do however use perl, python, and bash scripts for a number of smaller things as well. Building stuff that works is incredibly hard. Building stuff that works correctly in all cases is much harder. Yay programming!

Programming aside, I have amazing news.

AMAZING NEWS TIME

I saw the podiatrist this morning, who verified I've been doing almost everything right with my ankle, and can continue all manner of weight training and even climbing so long as I ice the evil thing and avoid maximum ROM. My only mistakes were judging by pain while climbing rather than strictly avoiding full ROM, and the fact I wasn't icing my ankle after. I should be able to climb with full force if I follow these simple modifications for what I shall just assume is a full 8 weeks. I can officially stop slacking off and just lift things, starting tomorrow!

All of this thought about lifting things has made me quite hungry.... *wanders off to the fridge that conveniently follows the team into battle*

...I just pondered making an actual RPG for the brigade where we can target our planks at friendlies who actively take damage and so on. I so don't have the energy to do this, but it'd be so much fun!...I think. *runs away*

• Like 2

Gargoyle Assassin

Awesome news Cinalyc!! Let's get it!

I don't know if I can choose just one skill... I want to do everything!

They are all fitness goals, but they consist of:

120 pushups in 3 minutes

5 minute plank

under 5 minute mile run

41 pullups to take the lead on the pullup leaderboard

20 muscleups

... and there is more where that came from

I think I will work on those as my workouts during my week in Europe.

I figured it out! I am going to work on my squat. I want to work towards a natural squat resting position and stop sitting in chairs. Apparently this is the natural position to defecate as well. I will wait till i get my squat down a little better before trying though. Then again, with a kiddo on the way, I am going to have to learn to clean up messes anyway.

• Like 2

I figured it out! I am going to work on my squat. I want to work towards a natural squat resting position and stop sitting in chairs. Apparently this is the natural position to defecate as well. I will wait till i get my squat down a little better before trying though. Then again, with a kiddo on the way, I am going to have to learn to clean up messes anyway.

Obtaining child or new pet that roams the house will definitely introduce you to the Cleaning Squat, lol. Good luck!

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Obtaining child or new pet that roams the house will definitely introduce you to the Cleaning Squat, lol. Good luck!

lol, that is definitely a motivating factor. We currently have 3 dogs and a cat. That Cleaning Squat would indeed come in most useful. I hope to have it down by the time the kiddo comes. 

• Like 1

Hey Brigade!

I passed a new milestone, or in our local dialect

LEVEL UP!

Check it out in my sig line. The green one.

Cheers!

• Like 2

DWD

Hylian Scout

Awesome work DWD! 

How's everyone else doing? It's rather quiet around here :o

I may not post very often anymore, but I'm damn well keeping at it and attacking all of the goals one by one. I feel like I've grown wings and I'm learning to fly now... or something! Clearly Gargoyle was the right choice :P

• Like 1

Gargoyle Assassin

good but not great. but Ive been practicing my pen spinning and I think I'v got the sonic 34-23 and sonic 23-12 under control… now I can perform all basics, plus a couple more and just need to improve my linking of them to make combos.

• Like 1

Howdy! Still battling the Sugar Monsters (though at the moment they are thankfully seldom seen). Nothing much else is happening in Swampling-land. With the maimed foot I am on the bench in regards to anything movement related - except for limping. Yay, limping! I think I have become a true master at it by now... :rolleyes:

No extra-curricular activities for me, at the moment. :(

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Plugging away in spite of Life, everything is pretty well in hand so far. Simultaneously training the barbell and doing bodyweight work is my juggling act, and it's going fairly well I'm learning more about my diet in this challenge than the rest of my life so far. That kind of thing.

• Like 1

good but not great. but Ive been practicing my pen spinning and I think I'v got the sonic 34-23 and sonic 23-12 under control… now I can perform all basics, plus a couple more and just need to improve my linking of them to make combos.

I have no idea what you're talking about! Explain? :D

Howdy! Still battling the Sugar Monsters (though at the moment they are thankfully seldom seen). Nothing much else is happening in Swampling-land. With the maimed foot I am on the bench in regards to anything movement related - except for limping. Yay, limping! I think I have become a true master at it by now... :rolleyes:

No extra-curricular activities for me, at the moment. :(

WHAT'S IT WITH US PEOPLE AND INJURING OUR FOOTSIES? GAH! :nightmare:  I hope you heal soon. I'm certainly taking my sweet time  :nonchalance:

Plugging away in spite of Life, everything is pretty well in hand so far. Simultaneously training the barbell and doing bodyweight work is my juggling act, and it's going fairly well I'm learning more about my diet in this challenge than the rest of my life so far. That kind of thing.

Eww, bodyweight exercises :tongue: I attempted to do a thousand pushups and (as expected) failed not so long ago. My shoulders died, as did muscles I didn't really know I had. It does kind of make me want to do stupid amounts of pushups more often though... What kind of craziness are you learning about your diet? :o (clearly too lazy to go read anyone's thread because they all have a thousand posts in them)

• Like 2

Gargoyle Assassin