• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rawbzilla

Before you try to rob the store make sure there aren't any martial arts experts there

This seems a little ridiculous to me. Other than the fact that you could get shot, I have 2 daughters now, there is the issue of legal liability. If you hurt someone who is robbing a store, you open yourself to legal liability regardless of whether he or she was committing a crime because you cannot assert self defense. States like NY take a broad view of the definition of aggravated assault, and even assault with a deadly weapon. Opinions vary by jurisdiction, but the link below gives a legal overview of the issues. In these litigious times, there is an incentive to just let it happen, especially if it's a property crime that doesn't put anyone in imminent danger.

http://www.lbcclaw.com/article.php?news_id=113

Watching the video, it's incredibly stupid. Three guys including the middle-aged clerk and the robber are wrestling with the guy with likely a loaded gun. I am amazed that someone didn't get shot. These guys are extremely lucky if they walked away unscathed. If the robber was hurt in any way he would have a great assault civil case. It's apparently tougher to prevail in California but in NY you would likely be paying civil compensation to the robber if he followed up and sue you.