[Scarlet Legend] We Can't Stay In Rivendell: Combating Laziness

Scarlet Legend

Back with the Assassins!

So last challenge did not work out so well because life happens and I'm honestly just super lazy.  So what can I do to not be so lazy? Practically anything!  I'm going to be focusing on more life style challenges just to get me motivated to get out of bed and move.

Main Quest:  To live life to the fullest and be healthy. My practical goal is to get to a size 8-10 pants size or lose 30 lbs. 

P.S. My triathlon training was a bust.  I'll get there someday but  right now I need to try something else.

Quest 1 Just do something active for 30 min 5 times a week or a total of 30 sessions. From walking, to running, to swimming, to riding my bike, to dancing.  I just need to get up and move!  For my crazy life I might as well try a crazy strategy.

A= +3 Str, +2 Dex; B= +2 Str, +1 Dex; C= +1 Str, +.5 Dex

9a54a09ec55ad61c3e4e8a7d0d7841fdc13a30aa

Quest 2  Actively study or do something with my brain 4-5 times a week or at minimum 24 mental workouts.  I'm still working on GRE and studying, but I'm also working on a science integration curriculum.  I think I teach a class or work with students every day now so this teacher needs to stay sharp.

A= +3 Wis; B= +2 Wis; C= +1 Wis  (I would also put intelligence (INT) here too but I don't think that's a category)

bebb78ea074ffd0773ef060df0e8b116.jpg

Quest 3 Actively keep my room tidy and wash my dishes in a timely manner. It's kind of sad that this is in here but it's the truth.  I am combating laziness here and my environment is very important to changing this bad habit.  

A= +3 SDex, +2 Con; B= +2 Dex, +1 Con; C= +1 Dex, +.5 Con

4wbd7h.gif

Life: Budget again. Because life.  A= +3 Wis, B= +2 Wis, C=  +1 Wis

tumblr_mgv41zSwSJ1qe30t7o4_r1_500.png

This challenge is to help me combat laziness, to stop being depressed, and become motivated again.

I'm really glad that challenges refresh every 6 weeks because then I can try again. 

It’s time to get out of the pity parade and move!

e8fb304a1cd0aa4e73c7431f937e28a7.jpg

• Like 2

Scarlet Legend  lvl: 1

Psalms 18:32-36

Race: Hobbit /// Class: Assassin

| STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA  1 | CON  6 | WIS 6 | CHA 1

Battle Log  ~~~  Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4

Main Quest:  Lose 30 Lbs.

10%
10%

Start: 172  Current: 169

Challenge #4

50%
50%

Great goals! I like the beating laziness. That is something I battle too. So much easier to watch TV/surf the internet then to get stuff done.

• Like 1

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

YES!! Glad to see you're fighting the good fight! :D

Laziness is the worst. And creating new habits to counter that can be super difficult. When I had dishes as a quest during my first challenge, I made it routine to put my dishes in the dishwasher when I took them to the kitchen. Just the small extra step of putting them there instead of on the counter helped a lot. Also, the more you can make your environment work to help you, the better.

You got this!

• Like 1

Level 5 Human Assassin

Current Challenge: x

Previous Challenges: 4 3 2 1

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

- from "Hawkguy", Adam WarRock

Welcome back!!!!  And keep at it.  I've been too much of a hermit this winter myself - it's time for us both to get up and get going!!!

writing-about-family_quote.jpg

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Thanks for the Support everyone! Here is an update on my first week.

WEEK 1 & 1/2

Last week I had a late start because I posted my quests on Wednesday, but so fare I think I have been doing ok.  The best part about my crazy flexible quests is that I can think about them everyday and tell myself, "How can I do this quest today."  This impulsiveness has lead me to going to college campuses to look at their programs, intentionally visiting people for the walk, finally trying to ride my bike in the street, and going swing dancing.  I'm especially happy with my third quest to clean because I have only missed one day since I started.  

(I can't do this but I'm super excited to learn to dance)

dance-swing-o.gif

In other news, I'm super excited because I'm going to be starting an internship related to field of study, Botany, next week.  I feel so blessed!!!  Celebrate bean babies! Celebrate!!!!

tumblr_mu9o6gcPlj1qdj66eo4_r1_500.gif

• Like 3

10%
10%

Challenge #4

50%
50%

Sounds like things are going amazingly well!

Wisdom 20   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Hey hey! I'm subbed now and I'll be cheering you on! Stick with it. You've got great goals!

- — Thister — -

Level 3, Cylon (Humanoid IntelliScout/Ranger)

STR 6 | DEX  7 | STA 7 | CON 5 | WIS 7.5 | CHA 4

Challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (Checking in most days, weekly updates)

"If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done." â€• Ludwig Wittgenstein

Woot!!  Sounds like a great start to the challenge!!

96a2674c5a14fb8d8702adc267df805a.jpg

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

Woo!! Looks like you're doing well so far :) How did the rest of your week shape up?

Level 5 Human Assassin

"Iron Man's got a suit, and the Hulk's pretty strong. And Thor he's like a god, and me I'm just a guy... Just a regular guy in a not so regular world. What's a man to do when I know I'm just a regular guy in a not so regular world?...They're like 'Yo, ain't you that Hawkguy dude?' And I'm like, Nah, you got me confused."

Week 2 & 3

Hey Guys! Thanks for the encouragement.  I have not been doing perfection but I'm doing well sticking with it.  I've averaged only 2 times a week for the Activity Quest instead of 4 but I'm going to work harder on it.  I have been more active in general but I'm only counting intentional workouts.  For my studying quest I've learned up to 50 words now but I really need to step it up.  My cleaning quest has been doing the best and I'm actually meeting my goal!!! I've slacked off over the weekend but I'm on it.  

Overall I think I'm doing fairly well I just need to step it up to intentionally blow my quests out of the water.

tumblr_inline_n4xc57TfIu1s8fa1r.gif

• Like 2

10%
10%

Challenge #4

50%
50%

Yes! Sticking to it is (in my opinion) better than perfection. That comes only when you've stuck with it for long enough, so best to stick with sticking with it first! :D

You got this! You've laid some good building blocks in the last few weeks.

Level 5 Human Assassin

Kale_Chocolate.jpg

Keep at it!!!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....