SoloisticDrew battles along the way.

Starting weight 340 as of 2/17/15. 

I've started tracking my weight training and watching my progress since the beginning of the month. 

Monday night the 23rd I hit the gym with a new found vengeance with this challenge.  Last night, I got back to fencing and got comments about my footwork and motion being great. I'm attributing this to the focus on legs.

Tonight, I hit the gym and look to feel even better about my deadlifts.

Level 0 Monk | Daily Battle Log | First 6WC

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.†- Theodore Roosevelt

For the record, my training regimen is mostly weights right now

3 sets of 5 of

Squat

Dumb bell OH Press

Dumb bell curl

Seated Pulldown

Seated row

1 set of 5

deadlift

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.†- Theodore Roosevelt

The scale is moving in the right direction. Down to 334.

I followed Rip's instructions for better squats and added another 10 lbs. The last set was tough.

I took deadlift up another 5 lbs and I'm starting to hit a wall.

Curl and press feel like beast mode I've come a long way. I'm ready to move those up.

Pull down has been great until now. I'm struggling to get the last rep in. I did 4 in the middle set but pumped my self up to get all 5 in my last. I can push through it.

Row has finally broken through for me. I was stuck at 154 for a while but it feels good to move off it. The last set really is hard and the last rep is a huge challenge but I'll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low energy last night. I had to change up the order of things to accommodate other gym goers. I could barely finish pull downs. Curls were miserable.

On the upside, I added another 5 to squat and deadlift felt amazing at the weight I struggled to pull all 5 reps previously.

I'll be working with a personal trainer next week and adding HIIT to my week this week. I feel so much better now.

Ugh, what a week. I've lost steam and I missed a workout. Hopefully this week gets better.

I got sick in week two and lost motivation.