Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Barfly

I don't know, I've never done one :P

Omg... A bear crawl mile... That'd be so brutal...

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

• Like 1

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Monday - rest day - needed it. I started increasing my calories, too; this week will be about 200 calories more each day than last week. Working my way up to 2500/day.

Tuesday - weights. I started a new protocol for Mudder training. Looked like this:

Pull-ups

Delt rows

One arm snatch

Deadlifts

Bent-over rows

Clean and press

Then superset dips and push-ups to failure.

I took over an hour. I think I need to play with the sets/reps scheme a bit.

On another topic, I think I need to stop drinking... :-/

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

I've pretty much stopped drinking too barfly :(

• Like 1

Spoiler

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Wednesday - run. 2 miles, slow. I took my son's dog out; we're babysitting for 3 weeks. The mile out wasn't too bad, but the mile back he was dragging. Poor guy collapsed onto the kitchen floor when we got home.

Neighbor was a no show/hasn't called. I haven't seen his car when I go out - I think he may be working a later shift.

• Like 1

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Could well be, it is a lot of direct-to-fat calories and a heavy liver tax to boot :( But workout looks like a nice level of contained brutality!

I've pretty much stopped drinking too barfly :(

Yeeaaahh... when I can go out and drink all day, then the next day think about how much I want a drink and get grumpy when I don't have one... 

It's time to, at least, cut back. Maybe with the occasional restaurant meal.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Wednesday - run. 2 miles, slow. I took my son's dog out; we're babysitting for 3 weeks. The mile out wasn't too bad, but the mile back he was dragging. Poor guy collapsed onto the kitchen floor when we got home.

Neighbor was a no show/hasn't called. I haven't seen his car when I go out - I think he may be working a later shift.

The poor thing....

Maybe the neighbor changed opinion after he saw through his window the state in which the dog came back :lol:

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Is it seriously Tuesday already?

Where was I...

Thursday - weights - leg day. I haven't done a strict leg day in forever, and I was feeling it. Leg day is today this week, not looking forward to it.

Friday - 2 mile run - took the dog, he took a dump after about a quarter mile and I got to carry it the rest of the way :-/ He appears to be good for about 1 mile only.

Saturday - "rest day" lol - trained with Search all morning on mission planning and quick deployment, There was a veritable smorgasbord of crap food there. Alas...

Sunday - core and distance - took the dog for a 1 mile run. Perfect. Then some crazy core work. Ouch. Finally a long run, 4+ miles. 11:10 per. Then, at 1ish am, a search callout, so that was fun. Except for the snow. And sleet.

Monday - rest day - good thing, as I couldn't have done much anyway.

Foodwise - meh - a lot of questionable choices, but as my plan is to gradually get up to 2500 calories I guess I didn't do terribly (except for the crap food Saturday and the Chinese buffet Sunday). I'm just a few weeks ahead of schedule ;)

Oh, and I had a beer when I got back from the mission.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Our dogs are fat and lazy from being stuck in the house every day... But when summer comes they start to adjust to a more active lifestyle... Then they go back to fat and lazy again when fall rolls around... ;)

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

He's a city dog; he gets out for walks, and they go to parks and to the beach, but he never runs for any length of time. He seems to like it, though. The problem now is, by the time I get home he has been tearing around the house in anticipation for an hour or so.

Tuesday - weights (leg day) - didn't turn out so bad... I actually had a little left over, so I did an extra set of goblet squats.

Wednesday - run - took the dog out for a mile, went back out and did another 2.5 or so. 10:29 average per.

Food - stayed on calorie count, macros, well... :-/ kids made me cupcakes and ordered pizza. Also brought a bag of fun-sized snickers, but those are still in the fridge - for emergencies. When I put them away, I found a beer in the fridge. Took it home but didn't drink it. Yet.

Upper body weights today. It's kind of a long workout, but I'm off early, so I've that goin for me.

Edit: Neighbor was going the gate as I returned from my run, pointedly ignored me. So much for intentions.

• Like 1

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

I am not sure what your son will think when he'll come back and find his now trained and fit dog... They'll go back home and the dog will start to ask for a run everyday...  :playful:

This situation with your neighbor supports my idea: he did see the dog on his first day...

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

DAYUM, son. How weird is this, I also got a really sore throat and laryngitis last week. o_0 For about 3 days I had a voice fit to beat a life-long smoker. My laugh, I was told, was downright creepy and cliche.

Much sympathy for the burning legs though OUCH! But damn, man, you sure did kill it. Good job. Now you can say with absolute sincerity to all your students that in your day, you had to walk uphill with 30 pounds on yer back in the wind and snow just to borrow some eggs. Or something. I'm not sure.

Weren't you hunting up mammoths in your day? ;)

(xD Love ya, Barfly!)

Monday - rest day - needed it. I started increasing my calories, too; this week will be about 200 calories more each day than last week. Working my way up to 2500/day.

Tuesday - weights. I started a new protocol for Mudder training. Looked like this:

Pull-ups

Delt rows

One arm snatch

Deadlifts

Bent-over rows

Clean and press

Then superset dips and push-ups to failure.

I took over an hour. I think I need to play with the sets/reps scheme a bit.

On another topic, I think I need to stop drinking... :-/

Ah, yeah. If it's getting to the point where you're grumpy when you can't get that drink, it's going past liesurely enjoyment and slipping towards a dependency. Best to cut yourself off or severely cut back. Except for those really bad days where you just want to punch everything in the spleen. then maybe a drink would be a good idea, just to mellow out and prevent a lot of people from bleeding out internally.

Meanwhile, check out this funny picture!

Crazy-Secret-Meme-Navy-Seal.png?w=600&h=

• Like 3

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

I am not sure what your son will think when he'll come back and find his now trained and fit dog... They'll go back home and the dog will start to ask for a run everyday...  :playful:

This situation with your neighbor supports my idea: he did see the dog on his first day...

I've spoken to him (son, not dog) and he's going to start going out for runs. It's a little more difficult in San Francisco than it is here, but it's doable in the right neighborhood.

Yes, I kind of get the idea he thinks I'm going to push him too hard. I told him we'd start off slow, but, I don't know...

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Much sympathy for the burning legs though OUCH! But damn, man, you sure did kill it. Good job. Now you can say with absolute sincerity to all your students that in your day, you had to walk uphill with 30 pounds on yer back in the wind and snow just to borrow some eggs. Or something. I'm not sure.

(xD Love ya, Barfly!)

O.o

I don't even have to say that. I just tell them I grew up before cell phones and the internet - same effect.

Love you, too :)

• Like 2

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Ah, yeah. If it's getting to the point where you're grumpy when you can't get that drink, it's going past liesurely enjoyment and slipping towards a dependency. Best to cut yourself off or severely cut back. Except for those really bad days where you just want to punch everything in the spleen. then maybe a drink would be a good idea, just to mellow out and prevent a lot of people from bleeding out internally.

Nah, I got Xanax for that.

• Like 1

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

(xD Love ya, Barfly!)

O.o

I don't even have to say that. I just tell them I grew up before cell phones and the internet - same effect.

Love you, too :)

LOL Just think, I'll get the same reaction when I get to tell my kids one day that there weren't any smart phones when I grew up!

Ah, the more things change the more they stay the same, no?

Nah, I got Xanax for that.

Ah, that'd probably do just as well.

You know, come to think of it, I'm not even sure what a spleen is for.

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

Just imagine, in 50 years the background music in retirement homes will be Ludacris and Ke$ha. Although, I play a lot of Beatles/Stones/Led Zep in class and the kids really like it. That would have been the equivalent of my middle school teachers playing music from the 20's...

Spleens are for venting, of course. Sometimes you have to do the venting for someone else, though. With lead.

• Like 2

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Ok, so, when we last met our non-challenger, he - I mean I - was going to do an upper body weights workout. Didn't. I had that so tired I couldn't move thing, so Thursday became an impromptu rest day.

Friday - quick 3 mile run. Well, not that quick - 11+ minutes per - but that includes a 1 minute poop break. The dog, not me. Ok then, minus 1 minute... divided by 3... that's 10:41 per. Much better.

Saturday - switched with Thursday. I moved the truck out to the driveway and tidied up the garage between sets. Now it's better organized, I have more room and the recycling is ready to go out. A few more workouts and it will actually be clean. -er.

Sunday - core workout, but no run. It got to be too late/too hot, so running today (Monday).

Food - you know, I've been rethinking that lately: Counting calories has become tedious. Eating the same eggs, meat, veggies 3 meals a day has become tiresome. Walking past the donuts without taking one no longer gives me the sense of superiority it once did (you know it's true). And it seems like no matter what I do - within reason - my weight stays between 170 and 180. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm eating 1500 or 3500 calories (my theory is the larger number gives me more energy to workout more intensely thereby burning more calories). I think I'm just going to eat good things as many meals as I can and not worry about the occasional pizza/burger/etc.

Still sticking with one beer/week.

• Like 2

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Just imagine, in 50 years the background music in retirement homes will be Ludacris and Ke$ha. Although, I play a lot of Beatles/Stones/Led Zep in class and the kids really like it. That would have been the equivalent of my middle school teachers playing music from the 20's...

Spleens are for venting, of course. Sometimes you have to do the venting for someone else, though. With lead.

lol, or worse -- they'd play Bieber music. THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

I wish any of my professors played such music. I don't know WHAT it is about art people but they only seem to like the seriously screwed up, edgy avant-garde, HIPSTER CRAP that isn't so much music as it is noise. I mean, seriously 3 minutes of one professors playlist actually gave me a headache. I wish I were exaggerating. I think the entire class got fed up when one song was nothing but a bunch of slapping coconuts and some people (badly) imitating horses neighing; after 3 minutes, the teacher switched the song.

Personally, I'd drum up a song mix of Two Steps From Hell. But I do love me some classic rock, which makes you the best math teacher in the world (well, at least equal to my high school math teacher, because she was amazing.) I can't stand the Beatles, though. Give me some Def Lep, Styx, Cansas, Foreigner and some of the Eagles any day.

And Free Bird.

You always have to have Free Bird. (Have you seen the movie Kingsman? It does that song so much justice.) They knew how to make a guitar walk and talk in those days. Now it's just a bunch of auto-tune love song crap.

Ok, so, when we last met our non-challenger, he - I mean I - was going to do an upper body weights workout. Didn't. I had that so tired I couldn't move thing, so Thursday became an impromptu rest day.

Friday - quick 3 mile run. Well, not that quick - 11+ minutes per - but that includes a 1 minute poop break. The dog, not me. Ok then, minus 1 minute... divided by 3... that's 10:41 per. Much better.

Saturday - switched with Thursday. I moved the truck out to the driveway and tidied up the garage between sets. Now it's better organized, I have more room and the recycling is ready to go out. A few more workouts and it will actually be clean. -er.

Sunday - core workout, but no run. It got to be too late/too hot, so running today (Monday).

Food - you know, I've been rethinking that lately: Counting calories has become tedious. Eating the same eggs, meat, veggies 3 meals a day has become tiresome. Walking past the donuts without taking one no longer gives me the sense of superiority it once did (you know it's true). And it seems like no matter what I do - within reason - my weight stays between 170 and 180. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm eating 1500 or 3500 calories (my theory is the larger number gives me more energy to workout more intensely thereby burning more calories). I think I'm just going to eat good things as many meals as I can and not worry about the occasional pizza/burger/etc.

Still sticking with one beer/week.

Yay for the food revelation!

It has taken me a great while -- and I'll point out that you were the one that encouraged me to realize this as well! -- that the occasional oopsie isn't that big of a deal. Seriously, it's about calories and little more than that. So long as you stay consistent with your calorie intake over a period of time, you're good to go. Remember the 80/20 rule. I've recently had to remind myself of it. Eat 100% clean 80% of the time. That other 20% is for those grumpy-day cravings, the lost-in-the-city fast food stop, and the occasional oopsie where you're arm was twisted into splitting that banana split. That's okay. That's what the 20% is there for, as a buffer zone.

As I've been told on the chat, no one is holding a gun to your head. Enjoy your day and don't brood over food (which I freely admit, I do way too much.) If those donuts are just a weary reminder of how much you damn well want one and are making you miserable with their glossy glaze, don't feel bad about taking one. It's your choice to do that, and so long as you aren't trying to get ripped for a photoshoot or something, there's no harm done. A healthy lifestyle is supposed to make you feel better and happier -- if pushing down those cravings are making you grumpy, then you're not feeling better or happy.

The holy golden rule of fitness is always, "Do what's best for your body." If having that donut makes you happy and satisfied and confident that you won't be grumpy when next you pass the donuts, do it. Unlike someone that eats donuts every day, you'll get real satisfaction and enjoyment out of it; you'll appreciate it as a treat you've chosen to have and not a craving that's gotten the best of you.

And I'm in the same boat as you are, as you well know -- no matter what I do, weight doesn't seem to budge. It's probably genetic. Accept it and carry on, wayward son. ;)

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

So if I understood correctly, on saturday you were working out, AND using the rests between sets to tidy up your garage, that's right?

You are my hero.

so I don't run around like a chicken with my head cut off when I get a call.

I'd like to see that :lol:

• Like 2