Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Barfly

Wow, no updates in a while.

Monday - usually a rest day, but I had a run to catch up on. 4.36 miles @ 10:32

Tuesday - weights, upper body. Good workout, nothing spectacular. Still adding weight to most lifts.

Wednesday - run. 4.1 miles @ 10:36

Thursday - supposed to be lower body weights, but got busy and ran late, so ran instead. 4 miles @ 10:20. Almost up to race pace!

Friday - lower body weights today, I guess...

Food - don't care, not tracking, eating plenty (plenty of junk, too, though). The only difference I can see is more energy to workout (Thursday's fast run was fueled by two tacos and some rice). Give me a few weeks to see what the net results are.

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Friday - did the lower body workout that I skipped Thursday. Not too bad, still going up on weight most exercises, still haven't found my maxes. Being cautious because I don't have a spotter or a proper squat rack, plus my back is wrecked (according to my doctor, feels ok to me. she worries too much, I think.)

Saturday - can't take a rest day today. I'll be out of town and busy all day tomorrow, so core and distance. Core feeling easier, maybe I'm a little more flexible. I'll use something heavier than a medicine ball next workout, maybe add more reps too.

Distance was supposed to be 45 minutes of running; I thought I mapped out a long enough route, but I ended up doing 10:16 miles, so I finished a few minutes early.

Sunday and Monday - rest

I've said this before, I think, but something has really "clicked" with me recently. Running has become less of an effort, so much so that I spontaneously sprint to the next light post, or corner, or parked car sometimes. And I'm not dragging through the last mile home. I can run before or after I eat, doesn't make much of a difference. I wonder what's going on? Not that I'm complaining.

So, the challenge is over, but how do you stop doing a challenge that you weren't doing? I guess I'll just keep going...

• Like 2

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

How's the limit to your drinking relate to when you are running?

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

• Like 2

Level 6.5 Female Druid/Celtic Goddess
(Str. - 14) (Dex. - 10) (Sta. - 11) (Con. - 10) (Wis. - 11) (Char. - 13)

My Most Recent Challenge!

Spoiler

Awake every morning and do your best to follow this daily To-Do List:

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

Sounds like you've really gotten into the grove with your running, interval training ftw.

Without a spotter, it's almost impossible to find your maxes without hurting yourself. Just be careful and train smart as well as hard, sounds like you've got lots if improvement going on there too.

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Lol love you Barfly :wub:

• Like 1

Spoiler

1. Think Positively 2. Eat Healthy 3. Exercise Today. 4. Worry Less. 5. Work Hard. 6. Laugh Often. 7. Sleep Well.

Then? Repeat...

"Promise me you will always remember: You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

How's the limit to your drinking relate to when you are running?

Well, I usually run Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, and drink on Saturday, so no beer right before/after a run. And I don't drink enough on Saturday to make a difference Sunday.

Maybe it's time to experiment on a Saturday with some early drinking and late running...

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Well, I usually run Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, and drink on Saturday, so no beer right before/after a run. And I don't drink enough on Saturday to make a difference Sunday.

Maybe it's time to experiment on a Saturday with some early drinking and late running...

To see if it's awful? It sounds to me like LESS alcohol may be improving your runs :-P

• Like 1

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast

oatmeal stout  smiley-sick009.gif

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Wednesday - dunno, got home and it was lights out. Just feeling fried.

Thursday - better, did a leg workout. Went up on weight on all exercises.

Friday - today - later - going for a run before going out and having my beer (singular) for the week. First day with Zombies, Run! Planning 5 miles.

I'm changing my workouts for the next 4 weeks from: upper, lower, core + running, to: full body, plyo, full body, core + less running, but adding hills.

I had a whole new full body workout planned, but changed my mind and combined the upper and lower workouts (that seem to be working pretty well) and splitting it in two, with muscle groups divided as much as possible between them.

• Like 1

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

What is plyo?

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

Friday - ran the 5 miles at my regular pace while listening to Zombies, run! I think wasn't supposed to do it that way. Zombies got me. 10:37 each mile. 

Saturday - Upper body workout. Bumped it up a little on about half the exercises.

Sunday - ran 5.22 miles. Zombies got me again. Fuck. 10:28 miles, though. Went for a brisk walk (4.76 miles) and finished with a core workout.

New workouts this week - today's a rest day, but I have a meeting tomorrow so it's going to be a full body weight session tonight instead.

• Like 4

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Zombies got me.

Zombies got me again. Fuck. 

Is that why you need such an amount of tiger balm?

• Like 1

Take care.

Hello there. ;)

Hang in there, I bet you'll be kicking zombie butt in no time.  :eagerness:

Hugs!

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Lol. Nah. Well, partially. I've been running a lot and my knees are sore. And one shoulder hurts from lifting - probably have a touch of arthritis.

Stop sounding like an old man Papabear [emoji12] :wub:

• Like 2

Spoiler

Then? Repeat...

RIP C.H. aka. TexasToast