It's not over until I beat Matty -- Castiel's battle log

Inherited a bed?  Dude, I'm still sleeping on my Ikea bed from 2007....its not a good look

Well, technically it's a futon, but it's a super high quality japanese one, so it's so comfortable. My parents helped my grandpa move out of his old house this weekend, and we played musical furniture, and I got the futon. It's a step up from the shitty mattress on the floor I've had for the last 3 years.

Haha I feel like your 6 foot plus frame sleeping on a floor mattress must suck and be quite humorous.

I'm predicting instant gainz due to the elevated sleep position.

Does falling asleep on the bench between sets give gains too? I'd like to believe that it does.

You, my friend, have the strangest routine I've ever seen. But it seems to be working. It's all that Hawaiian beer and pork you get to enjoy.

Hit a clean triple for 140 for strict press, 350x3 for conventional dead, 170x3 for my log, and 400x1 on the trap bar. I should have been able to grind out a triple on that, but I was gassed out.

That's an exhausting day. Close to max weights on all these lifts?

You, my friend, have the strangest routine I've ever seen. But it seems to be working. It's all that Hawaiian beer and pork you get to enjoy.

I ate 6 pork chops for lunch at work today. Not really Hawaiian pork, but it was tasty. Along with the eggs, cheese, and nuts in the salad; 150g protein in one meal. I would share with Castiel if I could. He needs to eat.

As for my routine, it might be a sleep thing. I am typing this sitting in my car, having just woke up, still in my work clothes. I think I got home an hour and a half ago. Fuuuuuuuu!

• Like 1

I would share with Castiel if I could. He needs to eat.

Lmao...I'm picturing you as an old Jewish mother. "Oy vey Castiel, you're so skinny, you're wasting away to nothing. You need to eat more. Why would you do this to your mother? And when am I gonna be a grandmother? Weren't you dating that nice goy girl? Whatever happened to her?"

But with an Italian mother I don't get to say oy vey, goy, or bubbe.  And I can't hear the Italian mom the same way I have the Jewish mom ingrained in my head.  Though both Jewish and Catholic (grand)mothers are known for their abilities to guilt trip

Shitty bench day. Was supposed to push 225 for 3 and it just didn't happen. Probably because I didn't get enough rest after murdering my shoulders pressing two days ago. Next week will be better. I think I am going to add cable flies next cycle though. Partially because I need to work on my chest engagement in bench, but mostly because it looks badass.

• Like 2

I see you have to use a stick to keep the girls off you.

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Solid day at the gym today. Hit 320x3 foru squats, which isn't a pr, but was ducking hard.

Did circus dumbbell at the end and went for a 60 sec timed run with the 80lbs. Hit 9 reps, which I'm okay with.

I also went for a single at 120 again and hit it even after burning out reppping 80.

• Like 1

What the fuck. The serious fuck.

I'm doing my standard press day, hit a double at 145 on my strict press (w00t), and then I go to get set up to do the log. This week is super important, because it's my last really heavy week before the show.

However, one of the big guys at the gym who occasionally competes strongman waves me off and says I can't use it. Technically the strongman equipment is team property, but I've been working with the guys who compete in masters and no one has ever given me shit about it. But, last week this guy was like, you have to asks permission to use that. I told him who had told me I could use it, and he begrudgingly left me alone.

This week he was like, "you're full of shit. I asked Louie and you don't have permission." Since he is the only team member here today, I'm fucked.

Fuck. I am not good enough on the log to miss this.

Well that's just some bullshit.  I don't really get the issue, especially since he saw you use it last week and you weren't just dicking around with it and then leaving it a mess (I assume).  You would think he would be more understanding and just enjoy someone else getting into strongman.  Also why would you lie about something that would be so easy to get caught in?

Anyway, good shit with the double at 145.  And your circus DB work looks much better than it did several weeks ago.  Your left arm is far and away stronger than mine.  I had slight issues with a 70# DB today when using my left.

Well that's just some bullshit.  I don't really get the issue, especially since he saw you use it last week and you weren't just dicking around with it and then leaving it a mess (I assume).  You would think he would be more understanding and just enjoy someone else getting into strongman.  Also why would you lie about something that would be so easy to get caught in?

Anyway, good shit with the double at 145.  And your circus DB work looks much better than it did several weeks ago.  Your left arm is far and away stronger than mine.  I had slight issues with a 70# DB today when using my left.

I don't know what his deal is, but it is going to make it frustrating for the next couple weeks, since he's there more often than the other guys.

I've been feeling really good about my Circus Dumbbell. Going for the 120 has helped immensely. Saturday was actually an interesting thing for me. I almost didn't hit the 120x1, was just short of lockout, but I managed to grind it out. That is the first time I've ever been able to grind on that, normally if I don't have it from the leg drive I'm screwed. Overhead stuff used to be a huge weak point for me, but focussing on it this past couple months seems to be paying off.

Damn man.  That's some hellacious squatting.  What's your bodyweight these days?

Thanks. Been hovering around 215 for a while now, not disciplined enough to get higher.

• Like 1