Changing things up with some martial arts.

Today I went for a relaxed run/walk with my gf. The plan was to run long and slow, but my gf is sometimes tormented by headache. So we walked a lot more than planned, and therefore I decided to do some intervals.

Distance:
The inervals was 7x100m sprints.

Time:
Total time 60 min.

Soon time for 3km test, and after that I will get back to my powerlifting program.

Regards
Stian ;)

Today I had a rather light workout. I felt a little bit off, so I decided to work some on my form in DL and squat.

Dl:

60kg x 7.

60kg x 7.

80kg x 5.

100kg x 3.

100kg x 3.

I feel that my DL form is pretty good at the moment. It has improved a little bit since I started lifting again.

Pullups:

5 x 4.

Squat:

20kg x 8.

20kg x 8.

40kg x 8.

40kg x 6.

50kg x 6.

50kg x 5.

I feel like I have squats pretty much figured out. Today I worked on not dropping down at a speed of 17 m/s.

Calf raises:

20 x 4.

Regards

Stian :)

I'm always interested in other cultures. What is the official language of Norway called?

How goes it on the eating front?

The official language is Norwegian, we got several dialects though and two variations of the written language. One is based somewhat on Danish and the other one is based on a mix of dialects.

The eating front is going up and down, but I think that I am moving in the right direction.

Regards

I haven't had the time to do powerlifting lately, or the right thing is that I haven't taken the time to lift stuff lately. 
  I have had a lot of stuff to do, finals, trying to apply for a job, figuring out what to study (if I am going to school now and not next year) etc. So this thread have been a little slow on updates. This summer I will spend more time on honing my mounted warrior skills (Bmx), than lifting. I will still try to get some lifts in there though.
   The plan is to lift more, better and heavier after summer.

Edit: Some goals for my riding this summer, I have had my Bmx way longer than my skill level would sugest. I guess part of it is because I am ''old'' and afraid of ruining my body.

- Manual over 7 meters (riding on the backwheel).
- 180 and 360. The hardest part about the 180 is riding backwards..
- I want to learn barspin (spinning the handlebars 360 degrees), but my barspin goal is to attempt it.
- Learn to grind.
- Get the forkglide down (a balance trick).
- Do a footjam tailwhip (Stop the bike by pressing my foot into the frontwheel, then spinning the rest of the bike around the fronntwheel).

Regards
Stian.

Hi guys and gals. I am back againg and hopefully this time I will stay around for a while. 
  I haven't had time to update and such lately, because of the summer vacation and because I just started at the university. So things have been fairly busy. 

This time I have also decided to mix things up, I found a pretty good mma gym near my university and I have always wanted to get into martial arts. I just never had the chance because of where I used to live. So I will try to keep you all updated, and ofcourse I won't stop lifting.

It feels good to be back, even though I haven't posted any training related posts yet.

Regards
Stian  :peaceful:

Yesterday I had a grappling/groundfighting session.

It all started with me missing the buss, so the workout started with:

Running:
Time: 16 minutes.
Distance: 3km +-.

Then I got to the gym and the real workout started. 

Different roll exercises:

We start every ground session with different rolls, forward, backwards etc. To gain better controll over our bodies.
In this part of the workout we also work on how to get up on our feet or how to sit up from our backs.

Technique:
First we worked more on submissions from side control, we did the kimura, armbar and a strangulation I can't remember the name of. 
Then we trained on how to get out when you are in a mount. I feel like this is fairly easy, but I have to control myself so that I do the techniques correct. Instead of using pure brute force.

I had some slight problems on the triangular choke from mount, because I sometimes can't get my feet togheter in a good way. I guess I just have to stretch more though, I am even considering to have 1 day a week with stretching/yoga. Especially since one of my friends are a sertified yoga coach.

Grappling:

At the end of the workout we did some submission grappling. I managed to get trangular choke from guard on two different sparring partners, and I am pretty happy with that.
    One of mye sparring partners was pretty new to this class as far as I know (but have been grappling before), so he didn't follow the rules set by the coach earlier in the class. So he almost wrecked my knee by doing some footlocks, which we aren't allowed to yet because we haven't practiced it.

Stretching:

After we were done I spent some time stretching.

Regards

Today I had a stand up session.

Technique:

Today we worked more on roundhouse kicks, kicks to the inside of the leg, did some more blocking and worked on some new comboes. Including straight punches, roundhouse kicks and pivoting.

Tap sparring:

We ended the day with some light tap sparring, with tapping on the shoulders for points and light roundhouse kicks to the legs.
  The sparring went pretty good and I even managed to use the most of my short reach against the longer people.

Regards
Stian  :peaceful:

Today it was open mat at the gym.

Bag work:

I had a really solid bag session, worked on some cobinations and some of my weaker techniques.

Grappling:

I met up with a friend of mine, but we could only get like 15 minutes of grappling in. Since he had to leave.
I couldn't get any good submissions in, neither from guard or mount. Even though I felt like I was in control most of the time.
I was in an advantage position atleast 80 % of the time.

Regards

Did some training outside today.

Cardio:

Warm up: Ran for about 15 minutes.

Intervalls: Ran for 10 minutes, with 200m sprints, Wanted to work some on bursts of energy.

Ground training:

Worked on rolls.
Getting comfortable in different positions.
Worked on how to get up.

Shadow boxing:

Did some light shadow boxing, and also worked on different techniques.

Stretching:

Stretched every muscle used during the workout for 2x 30sek.

Regards