Night Time Running

Here in the States, we have turn our clocks back for the Autumn which means it is now dark when I go into work and come home from work. Does anybody else have to do night time running within their work outs? If so, any tricks on getting out of the "crappy" feeling of having to run in the dark?

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

I usually run at night since that is the time I get home from work and I don't like running in the morning.

Trick is to keep it interesting. I like to think there are ninjas in the shadows. Also, yelling boo at random strangers and then high tailing it outta there is always fun.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Also, yelling boo at random strangers and then high tailing it outta there is always fun.

That's golden!

I also run at night because it's the only convenient time to get a run in some days. On Fridays and Saturday's I'll start work at 9 and finish at about 11, during the other days of the week i don't start until midday so i can run in daylight then, but I'll finish work at 11pm, so instead of waking up super early and being super tired all day, I prefer to run at night. I quite enjoy it. But I can see how it may be unsafe.

I always find that running in the middle of what is a busy road during the day, at night time is quite fun for some strange reason.

85% of my runs are at night simply due to logistics. Kids, and other commitments make mornings and dinnertime my busiest points of the day.

I find night running peaceful, most of the hustle and bustle of the day has settled, less traffic and the city is generally quieter. You still have to keep your eyes open for hazards and more-so for traffic than daytime though.

I've started listening to audiobooks on my runs, it's put a new fun twist on things. Check out what your local library has and you may be able finish that book you've been meaning to read and never had time for.

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

I've started listening to audiobooks on my runs, it's put a new fun twist on things. Check out what your local library has and you may be able finish that book you've been meaning to read and never had time for.

I have actually thought about doing that, but I was afraid I would get too involved in listening to the book and not may attention to my run. Instead of yelling boo, I usually play dodge the gang members and that does help with my pace.

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.