Peelout's Journal 1

KH1-  Exercise daily -  Never missed since Aug 7, 2016
KH2 - Salad 6 days/wk - Never missed since Aug 7, 2016
KH3 - Protein shake every morning - Never missed since Aug 7, 2016

Kept my 3 KH's.  Wt dropped 1lb since yesterday, just my stomach emptying out.

Did chest/triceps w/o.  Not much of a w/o since it was my first wt lifting in a few months.  But I drug my sorry azz to the gym and did it.  Usually takes a good 2 wks before working out starts feeling normal after being off for an extended period.

My day was a success.

• Like 2

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

KH1-  Exercise daily -  Never missed since Aug 7, 2016
KH2 - Salad 6 days/wk - Never missed since Aug 7, 2016
KH3 - Protein shake every morning - Never missed since Aug 7, 2016

Breakfast - protein shake
Lunch - Mc'D's
Dinner - salad, country fried steak patty
Snack - 1 soda, probably some cookies later
Workout - Core, flexibility

Kept my 3 KH's.  Wt same as yesterday.  Not worried.  Get the habits right and the wt will take care of it's self.

Political commentary

I love election year.  Every 4 yrs, its like my version of the superbowl.  This year more than ever, whoever wins the election (only 2 have a real chance), I lose.  I must say, it's the first presidential election in my memory during my entire life where multiple people in the candidates own party are saying they either won't vote for their candidate or state they will vote for the other party.  So much fun to watch but so sad.

Easy money

I got a Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card about a month ago.  Sign up bonus is $500 + $50 for adding someone else (I added my wife).  I have to spend $4000 in 3 months, but I can buy grocery store cash cards if I need to so I get the $4000 spent.  Best deal I've ever come across, and I play this game a lot.  Then cancel the card and sign up for something else.  At my age and history, it never hurts my score.  Worth checking into.  My second best is a Chase card that gives Holiday in points.  I sign up every 2 years and have gotten about 9 free Holiday Inn stays over 6 years. Free money is the best money.  I also sign up for a local store that gives $50 every time (can only sign up every 2 yrs).  I've done this about 4 times.  I always time it when I need to buy a set of tires.

• Like 2

Current Challenge 

10 hours ago, peelout said:
Political commentary

I love election year.  Every 4 yrs, its like my version of the superbowl.  This year more than ever, whoever wins the election (only 2 have a real chance), I lose.  I must say, it's the first presidential election in my memory during my entire life where multiple people in the candidates own party are saying they either won't vote for their candidate or state they will vote for the other party.  So much fun to watch but so sad.

I usually hate election years just because people get really extra special awful towards one another and all for something that, as far as I can tell, doesn't actually seem to change things that much for cycle to cycle. This year I've been listening the to FiveThirtyEight elections coverage and it's more about the numbers and how models for polling work, I've enjoyed that. Fair warning, they won't say it but they are slightly left leaning. So depending on your politics, you may not like their biases, or maybe you will.

• Like 1

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

My thought on politics is that there is no need to get to bent out of shape.  All you are debating is who is the best turd in a giant cesspool.  My new car got Sirius XM for free for 3 months.  I listen to far right Patriot channel and far left Urban channel.  Both channels are so extreme I find them hilarious to listen to.

Although I kept my 3 KH's, today sucked.  I've got 2 tests I'm running at work that are giving me fits and I'm pretty stressed.  Used a placeholder w/o tonight and took a nap.

Sometimes life is a beach.

• Like 2

Current Challenge 

On 8/10/2016 at 7:46 PM, peelout said:

My thought on politics is that there is no need to get to bent out of shape.  All you are debating is who is the best turd in a giant cesspool.  My new car got Sirius XM for free for 3 months.  I listen to far right Patriot channel and far left Urban channel.  Both channels are so extreme I find them hilarious to listen to.

Although I kept my 3 KH's, today sucked.  I've got 2 tests I'm running at work that are giving me fits and I'm pretty stressed.  Used a placeholder w/o tonight and took a nap.

Sometimes life is a beach.

Sad, but true.  I really hope this election shines light on how the system needs a major overall and people have desire to force our leaders to do something about it.

Tests at work?  Can I ask what you do?  May have missed it previously, but I'm a software tester for a living at the moment, so testing intrigues me.  Hope things get better for you soon.