I have been missing for a few months, and it is high time I return. Although I am not starting from a much lower level than when I came to NF, I do have a little progress to show for my time away, and over time I intend to regain my momentum and surpass the level of fitness I had previously attained.

So, what happened? A combination of a hurt shoulder (minor impingement) and work issues left me feeling discouraged, unfocused, and drained of energy.

Reboot #1: Slow down, focus on fixing shoulder. Religiously attended physiotherapy and followed through on all recommended shoulder strengthening exercises, even on the evenings I would rather not. Also, started reading for pleasure to relax my brain. LIsten to music. Stopped logging into NF halfway through my 2nd challenge in order to make more time for therapy & reading. Result: Shoulder healed, work issues still present, but somewhat bearable.

Reboot #2 End of December/Beginning of January: Started a new full body routine, spent time assessing and realigning reality with my values. Reached for a lifeline at work. Created a groovy spreadsheet to help me monitor THINGS OF IMPORTANCE. Reached out to a lifeline at work. Started working my exit strategy. Started reading more. Eat unhealthy foods in effort to maintain energy. Result: Marginally effective until workload increased.

Hanging on: No energy to work out, to think, to do anything. Strategy: Read all the things all the time. Eat just about anything in sight in effort to maintain energy. Listen to music. Tried meditation, unsuccessful. Result: Obviously NOT sustainable long term.

Reboot #3: Found new position that I think will be less draining. Less reading. Listen to music. Make healthier choices. Start increasing daily steps (current goal is to average 6,000 per day). Will start bodyweight exercises again soon. Reintroduce myself to NF and start contributing again, especially to cheer others on.

Can't wait to get started again . . .

Level: 3    Race: Wood Elf

STR: 4    DEX: 4    STA: 5 CON: 4    WIS: 4    CHA: 5

Previous Challenge Current Challenge

Spoiler

5%

Bodyweight Workout 3X per week (1of 18 total)

8%
8%

Cardio 2X per week (1 of 12 total)

23%
23%

30 Days of Yoga - Day 7 Completed

Thanks for the encouragement! I have been walking after breakfast before work starts and during lunch after I have finished eating.

Sounds like we have something in common - I am definitely a list nerd and a spreadsheet nerd. I find that the spreadsheet provides accountability so I actually work some of the items on my list.

Spoiler

5%

8%
8%

23%
23%

Sorry, I've been deficient in my replying.  The weather has been really nice where I am, so I have been walking around an adjacent park around mid-day.  feels great...wish I could stay

How is your shoulder? Energy levels?

Keep calm and be studly

....maybe one of these days I will actually starting throwing around some real weight....

Glad you are taking advantage of the nice weather. Shoulder is better. Very slowly gaining strength but I still really notice the weakness. Completed my second NF challenge, kind of lost momentum the last couple of weeks, but regaining it again at the moment. As long as I keep going I will do just fine - just won't make progress as quickly as I could. Will be doing a 5K this weekend. Due to my lack of consistency, I will be walking/jogging. I am curious to see how I do.

Spoiler

5%

8%
8%

23%
23%

Good luck on the 5K - totally ok to walk and jog.  It takes a decent amount of effort to work up to being able to maintain a pace for 3 miles.  I should do one of the NF challenges...I haven't up to this point.  My exercise habits have sucked lately as well - silly professional certification exam.  I still have walked everyday and my diet is mostly if not all good, but I'm in need of some time outside and in the gym

Keep calm and be studly

....maybe one of these days I will actually starting throwing around some real weight....