Samantha's Challenge

Well, I blew last month's challenge. First I got sick, then I did nothing during Reading and Finals week, then I spent all of the next week with my boyfriend before our summer apart.

Then yesterday, I was at my summer internship, and one of the men there was talking about the workout he does during his lunch break. It's really hard, and he detailed this 8-flights-of-stairs thing they did, I can't remember what it's called (Indians run?), but it sounded impossible, and I said - that sounds terrible! He said something like, you don't work out? And I said, nope.

No? I used to work out every day, and I used to be really proud of it. I used to tell everyone about my mile times. I used to design my whole day around going to the gym, and demand later dinners and earlier wakeups so that I could go to the gym.

How could just a few weeks off change everything?

Anyway, today I am back on it. I'm going to do a Wii Active Fit today, to see if it's a viable option, and my new schedule is Th/F/Sa/Su, because I have my internship M/T/W. I am going to run, and I'm going to do Wii (maybe) and NYC Ballet, and ab stuff, and I am going to be awesome by the time I go back to school. Specific goals to come.

Yesterday 6/24

I did the Wii Active 40 min-hard workout, Wii said it was 166 calories burned. It was definitely a good workout, and will be part of my routine. Lots of good stuff - lunges, squats, tricep extensions.

Today 6/25

I hurt from yesterday :) I think I probably can't do the Wii workout today, but I might try a Pilates disk I saw.

6/25 Friday

Nothing

6/26 Saturday

Nothing

6/27 Sunday

Gym

Treadmill

Incline: .5

3 min at 3.5

2 min at 5.2

3:20 at 7.0

1:30 at rest

3:30 at 7.0

1:30 at rest

1:45 at 7.0

rest

3 min at 3.5

25 bicycles

25 leg raises

13 crunches

Treadmill

Incline: 1.0

Speed: 4.0

Time: 20 min

Wow, so it's been a while since I ran. I could NOT breathe. This is how I imagine smokers feel. At the end of it all, I had spent 8:35 (1 mile) at 7.0... but not consecutively. Same deal with the abs stuff, it's been a long time (longer than running) since I've gotten through that whole routine. Glad I walked at the end. I need a higher intensity workout when I'm here than at school, because at school I walk long distances all day long.

6/28 Monday - 6/30 Wednesday

Nothing

7/1 Thursday

Wii Workout : Wii Active 40 min-hard workout, Wii said it was 16_ calories

30 min on stationary bike, resistance 2

Abs

25 bicycles

25 crunches

25 bicycles

25 leg raises

7/2 Friday

Treadmill