• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
spezzy

Singlets! (Speficially SBD?)

Time to talk about the most fashionable part of a PL meet - singlets!

I need to get a new one. It needs to be IPF legal. 

I'm partial to the new SBD (http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/product-p/sbd-comp-singlet.htm) one because it's pretty and I can get it in Texas, and not wait a year for it like Inzer so often makes you do. Anyone have it? Anyone know about sizing?

According to the size chart I should get a medium but I've been told by a few people the general rule for singlets is to size down. Is this true??

hmm. halp.

(also feel free to suggest something else if it's moar better ;))

Both of mine I've had to size up.  Only thing I've ever ordered in a 3xl for myself.  And it's still snug.  (course someone needs to lose some weight, but that's beside the point)

I'll be no help... but I don't get why a simple wrestling singlet from Asics isn't IPF legal.  Still baffles me. 

Tankweazel has an SBD singlet or four. She might be able to help.

I really fancy the Inzer one in blue because my belt is blue and pink (so the SBD one will clash) and I'm not a fan of the shape of the Titan singlets.

Yes, I'm a total girl. So sue me!

I was a small in the SBD singlet and it's what they gave me.  Sizing will be pretty much bang on if you're normally proportioned.

I got mine and when I tried it on it was a bit tight in the legs and loose around the body.  I may need to request a new XS along with new XS knee sleeved but they might think I'm chancing since I've gone through 3 tshirts already.

The material is stretchy enough that if you have mosnter legs and no waist a size down will do just fine.  Otherwise, stick with the medium.

Why do SBD only do black and red? I could really do with some other colours! :(

Branding.  I want cool socks (as does one of their Elite Athletes) but we have to wear the sensible black and red SBD ones.

I was a small in the SBD singlet and it's what they gave me.  Sizing will be pretty much bang on if you're normally proportioned.

I got mine and when I tried it on it was a bit tight in the legs and loose around the body.  I may need to request a new XS along with new XS knee sleeved but they might think I'm chancing since I've gone through 3 tshirts already.

The material is stretchy enough that if you have mosnter legs and no waist a size down will do just fine.  Otherwise, stick with the medium.

Awesome, thank you!

My knee sleeves should come today and I ordered a small. Planning on wearing those for heavy days and my looser rehbands for light days.  I think. We'll see :)

If the small is tight on your legs, and you're tiny, I should probably go with the medium as it says to order :) i'm NOT normally proportioned, my thighs are 24, my waist is 27 and my hips are 40, ha. :)

Tankweazel has an SBD singlet or four. She might be able to help.

I really fancy the Inzer one in blue because my belt is blue and pink (so the SBD one will clash) and I'm not a fan of the shape of the Titan singlets.

Yes, I'm a total girl. So sue me!

I'd be lying if I didn't pick based on how they looked. Especially since these things are made for boys - I looked up how people looked while wearing them and the girls looked the most.... normal in the SBD ones :)

Ugh, I have to get around to ordering a new belt from one of the approved companies. Makes me so angry.

I need a new equipped belt as I don't like my lever belt for equipped lifting and my prong belt isn't approved.

I've got an acceptable titan double pronged toro for the time being but it isn't as thick as my unapproved belt and I need something quicker to get on and off for equipped lifting.  The new double pronged toro also feels weird on deadlifts.

I had been looking at the Nike Dri-Fit suits but they seem to have come back off the list. It's crazy that things were on and off like that, especially with the price of some of them!

(On this version but off later ones.)

Yeah, i'm not chancing it, but I noticed that too.

Ugh, I have to get around to ordering a new belt from one of the approved companies. Makes me so angry.

Don't yo have a best belt? They are approved as of the most recent list: http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/fileadmin/data/Technical_Rules/IPFV3.1_final_Approved_List_01.01.2015.pdf

I'm still waiting for my Titan Toro lever after Pullum ordered and sent me a double-prong rather than a lever. I'm still fizzing about it, TBH. They got a bit snarky when I asked for a progress report, even though it was their screw up!

TW, do you wear a 13mm rather than a 10mm?

I'm still waiting for my Titan Toro lever after Pullum ordered and sent me a double-prong rather than a lever. I'm still fizzing about it, TBH. They got a bit snarky when I asked for a progress report, even though it was their screw up!

TW, do you wear a 13mm rather than a 10mm?

I'm pretty sure it's a 10mm lever belt for unequipped and a 13mm belt for equipped.  I don't need that much support unequipped and like the freedom, where equipped lifting is all about restriction and mechanics.

I was thinking about using my 13mm belt for enequipped too untill the branded belts ruling came out at the end of last year.  Since I was suing it in comp titan were kind enough to give me a 10mm one that will get me through the euros.  It looks nice as it's lovely and red and matches my equipment, but it just doesn't feel right.  I'm probably going to try and get a new one in Pilsen, or see if I can wangle a free one for the equipped team sponsorship.

I'll probably have a "Tanky's Left Overs" at a comp soon since I'll  have excess squat suits, deadlift suits and singlets.  I'm keeping my F6 in case the super katana doesn't go well, Titan have offered a custom F6 with a scooped colar if I can't get to grips with the Katana.

I'll be no help... but I don't get why a simple wrestling singlet from Asics isn't IPF legal.  Still baffles me. 

It's what I wore in my meet in January and I had no issues (a few of us were wearing them actually...) But it might vary depending on who runs your event.

Some event organisers will turn a blind eye if the singlet meets specifications but not at national or international level.

A blind eye will be turned to me using a leather dress belt at the british equipped for my shirt, but I need to get my butt in gear and get a Titan one asap.

Makes sense. This was just state open comp. I did think it was crap that my singlet and belt were not approved and I could wear them, but unnapproved wrist wraps weren't allowed. *sigh* organization, amirite?