Divine Class- is there room for one more?

I see we have classes on the site that have Martial, Primal, and even Psionic power bases.  These are cool, don't get me wrong.  When I end up picking a class, it will probably be Ranger.

However I was wondering, as a player who almost always chooses a Warpriest, Cleric, or Paladin (at the very least maybe just a pious knight), could we get a class that has a Divine powerbase? A class like Warpriest or Paladin could be similar to Monk or Ranger (respectively), but put equal emphasis on spiritual and physical improvement.  A goal to share one's faith at least 5x/week would have the same weight as hitting the gym 5x/week.  Perhaps setting aside time for a morning, midday, and evening prayer could have the same weight as logging 3 healthy meals a day.  This class could have 2 physical and 2 spiritual goals (or 2 physical, 1 spiritual, 1 personal) instead of the standard 3phys/1pers we already have.

It seems like Druid does this to a point, but the emphasis on types of exercise and diets aren't everyone's speed.  Can we at least entertain the idea and discuss it?  Would the addition of a new class break the game? 

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body. 1 Cor. 6:20

Regardless of class, the amount of spiritual activity you do is optional.

Actually the whole site is optional, and mods may correct me on this, but I believe "3 fitness goals, 1 life goal" is simply a suggested serving. You can have 2 fitness and 2 life goals if you really want.

The "classes" here are more about the type of physical activity you do, not your religious behavior (or lack thereof), so if you are into cross-training and mixing endurance workouts with weightlifting, Ranger is probably the one for you. If you like combat-oriented martial arts, be a Monk. If you like yoga and tai chi and such stuff, be a Druid.

The "druid" and "monk" classes here don't mean what they mean in most roleplaying games. There is nothing pagan about being a druid or hermetic about being a monk. It's just a category for the type of exercise you focus on.

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Call yourself a Paladin .... but Train with the Rangers when you are doing endurance, resistance mix .... train with the druids when you are doing a 6 week yoga challenge.

The idea is you dont have to be one thing ... I have only done 3 challenges so far and each time I have done them with a different class

unless of course Paladins training is physically different to Rangers, Monks, druids, scouts or adventurers ?

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

You wanna be a paladin, be a paladin. Feel free. The original "ranger" was Aragorn, and he more or less morphed into a paladin when he got Anduril. It's fine.

Just don't go around smiting people, and we'll all get along.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

You wanna be a paladin, be a paladin. Feel free. The original "ranger" was Aragorn, and he more or less morphed into a paladin when he got Anduril. It's fine.

Just don't go around smiting people, and we'll all get along.

Pretty much this.  

I've always mained a Paladin-type class myself.  Hell, I've been playing WoW since Vanilla as a Paladin and still love it.  Smiting the Scourge with Righteous Fire is fun!  

But as for here, as has been said, the classes are more about a type of training than a particular game-class.  Monks usually focus on martial arts; Warriors on lifting heavy things; Druids on inner-peace (read: spirituality, if that's your thing); Rangers on cross-training; etc. etc. etc. 

Personally, I've done challenges with the Monks, Assassins, and Warriors so far.  I generally identify as a Monk since I do lightsaber training, but that doesn't mean you can't train with another class sometimes.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Pretty much this.  

I've always mained a Paladin-type class myself.  Hell, I've been playing WoW since Vanilla as a Paladin and still love it.  Smiting the Scourge with Righteous Fire is fun!  

But as for here, as has been said, the classes are more about a type of training than a particular game-class.  Monks usually focus on martial arts; Warriors on lifting heavy things; Druids on inner-peace (read: spirituality, if that's your thing); Rangers on cross-training; etc. etc. etc. 

Personally, I've done challenges with the Monks, Assassins, and Warriors so far.  I generally identify as a Monk since I do lightsaber training, but that doesn't mean you can't train with another class sometimes.  

At first I was like "Lightsaber training?  Heh.  Nerd!"  But then I was like :looks at the URL; And then I was like...  ^____^-b

Maybe just make your signature Satyr Ranger Paladin

I love it!

• Like 1

Level 1 Satyr Adventurer

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body. 1 Cor. 6:20