Hi, I'm Laurie. I'm 32 and I want to start getting into shape. 'Cuz round really isn't the shape I want to be.

My Hubby & I did Paleo for a while a couple years ago, but fell off that wagon when finances changed. I've gained a lot sitting at home since I graduated from college last spring, kinda doing the stay-at-home mom thing & wondering how to make use of my shiny new Illustration degree. I've been on the Nerd Fitness mailing list since I found Paleo, but haven't done much with the info.

I guess my current "clue" I need to get in shape was I had to go buy new Jeans because I outgrew my old pairs and was tired of wearing yoga pants every day.

Nerdy interests: I play WoW. My Hubby plays too, in fact he's played longer than I have, but I'm an alt-aholic so I have LOTS more characters started than he does. ^_^ I also play Minecraft, mostly solo on my laptop. I was playing on a server, but they changed hosting (again) so I need to ask where they went or find a new server. I was into Gambit and Wolverine in high school, now not really into comics much but I'm enjoying the Avengers movies and Thor. ^_^

I also enjoy watching anime. Seems to be a lot of the weird psycho-computer ones like DRAMAtical Murder, Chobits, Serial Experiments Lain, and the one where the guy could manifest delusions or something.

For the Forum Character Sheet, I picked Orc (with maybe a bit of Ogre belly ;_; ). The character maker quiz gave me troll, but I don't wanna be a troll! :-(  And honestly, whith how chunky my calves are (muscle, one of the few not-fat bits of me) I will probably look a lot like a Warcraft Orc Lady once I'm in shape. ^_^ My Avatar pic is a new Orc character I started recently in WoW. Her name is Risk and she is on Silvermoon. (No lie, her name came up in the randomly generated names. I was surprised it was available!) I named her Worg Pup companion pet Danger. ^_^ Punny names are great!

So, I see I'm arriving in the middle of the current 6-week challenges, but that just gives me 3 weeks to practice- right? I want to start off trying to do the Beginner's Bodyweight (ummm....) thingy, going for 3 times a week, Taking my vitamins every day, and eating less sweets and carby things. I know I'm bad at sticking to things, so I might need help. I even have a tough time staying on forums, I tend to wander off after a while.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 2

ArtsyLaurie

Level 0 Orc adventurer

Battle Log - Lvl 1 Challenge

I am also feeling rather "uuuuuum" about the Beginners Bodyweight challenge, but I figure any movement at all is better than where I was, right?  I am all about rejoicing in my small victories, and remembering that there is no "right' or "wrong" way--just having fun with it, or making myself miserable--and I am choosing fun!

• Like 2

Welcome! I'm also a newbie ^_^ I like your viewpoint on coming in between challenges... time to practice! I also have a hard time sticking to forums and such... I'm much better at *doing* than *tracking* (although I'm not an expert at doing, either!). I've saved my "Daily Battle Log" to my favorites top bar where all of my usual suspect websites are. Maybe that'll help :)

• Like 2

Current Goal: Be able to jog a continuous 5k 

Daily Battle Log

Klara goes the Distance - My first 6 Week Challenge (in progress)

@klarakimstories

So, I see I'm arriving in the middle of the current 6-week challenges, but that just gives me 3 weeks to practice- right? I want to start off trying to do the Beginner's Bodyweight (ummm....) thingy, going for 3 times a week, Taking my vitamins every day, and eating less sweets and carby things. I know I'm bad at sticking to things, so I might need help. I even have a tough time staying on forums, I tend to wander off after a while.

Sounds like a solid starting plan! Do you have any type of exercise that you're interested in pursuing, like running a marathon, becoming a weightlifter, or doing parkour? (If not, that's perfectly fine, too. ;))

Since you know about the upcoming 6WC, I don't have a whole lot more to say, other than that you should start a "Battle Log" to track your progress until April 20, and you might want to try finding some accountability buddies in the Find Your Sidekick forum.

Good luck!

• Like 2