50 deadlifts (50/35) I did 25kg

25 HSPU (I did on box)

40 power cleans

20 box jumps

30 thrusters

15 pullups (I used a band)

20 power snatch

10 muscle ups (I did jumping ring dips)

WOAH this was a lot of stuff! I tried to pace it, and think it went pretty well. Really started to hurt by the time I got to the thrusters. I was pleasantly surprised by the ring dips, and I hadn't done these before and wasn't sure if I could even hold my own weight but I did - YEY!

Level 11 Human Ranger

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

"Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them."

CURRENT CHALLENGE   1 2 3  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   DAILY BATTLE LOG     MOTIVATION

(Inventory: Fire Flower)

Winner of Adventurer Guild Challenge #26

FRIDAY 24.04.2015

Partner WOD

A: 5 min AMRAP - air squats/7 STOH (50kg) I did 40kg

Rest 2 mins

B: Within 10 mins establish a combined total of front squat 

Rest 2 mins

C: 5 min AMRAP - burpees/hang power cleans (30kg)

*The shoulder to overhead is the timer. Partner A will perform as many air squats as possible in the time it takes for partner B to complete the STOH. Switch, rinse & repeat for 5mins. The same goes for the hang power cleans in part C.

This was an amazing day. I got a new front squat 1RM PR of 85kg. Everyone went crazy, there was clapping and hugging - it was so cool! CrossFit is so community based and I love it! Really excited to see how heavy I can go. 

• Like 1

Level 11 Human Ranger

"Once a person is determined to help themselves, there is nothing that can stop them."

MONDAY 27.04.2015

6:30am WOD

Warm up and mobility 

For time:

2k row

'Grace' 30 clean and jerks (40kg), I did 25kg

1 mile run

Ew running! Fortunately there were more of us than rowers so we got the option to run first if we wanted to. Yes, deffo get that out of the way! Still not fun but not as bad as it would have been at the end! Clean and jerks went well, need to get the bar closer to my body, but coach said timing was good. Right shoulder felt a little sore afterwards, not sure if its injury or just tired. Have to keep and eye on it. Really happy with the row, haven't done a 2k in a while but my PR is 8:03. I paced myself today but really felt good at 1500m so pushed on to finish in 8:48. Probably could have gone faster in the first 1500m, but good to know that even after c & js and run my time is just 45 seconds off my best.

Level 11 Human Ranger

WEDNESDAY 29.04.2015

6:30am WOD class

Warm up and mobility (lots of good mobility today)

WOD:

A: Deadlift: 3-3-3-3-3 (70,70,75,75,80)

B: For time: 21-15-9

Deadlifts at 70kg (I RX'd this bit!)

HSPUs (on box with 2 ab mats)

Box jumps (20") RX'd this too!

Great WOD, really happy with all the deadlifts, form is definitely improving and my grip isn't as bad as I thought it would be. In the past I used straps wrapped round the bar and my wrists (I know, it's bad!) so my back is far stronger than my hands, but we can work on this  :) Got fabulous DOMs in my lower back already. One of the girls told me that after Friday's squat PR one of the other girls had been saying what a crazy strong beast I was, and apparently I now have a reputation! Not sure how I feel about that, but its all encouraging I guess!

• Like 1

Level 11 Human Ranger

FRIDAY 24.04.2015

Partner WOD

A: 5 min AMRAP - air squats/7 STOH (50kg) I did 40kg

Rest 2 mins

B: Within 10 mins establish a combined total of front squat 

Rest 2 mins

C: 5 min AMRAP - burpees/hang power cleans (30kg)

*The shoulder to overhead is the timer. Partner A will perform as many air squats as possible in the time it takes for partner B to complete the STOH. Switch, rinse & repeat for 5mins. The same goes for the hang power cleans in part C.

This was an amazing day. I got a new front squat 1RM PR of 85kg. Everyone went crazy, there was clapping and hugging - it was so cool! CrossFit is so community based and I love it! Really excited to see how heavy I can go. 

Nice, partner WODs are fun...and also sometimes miserable.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.