First Crossfit Class

I'm trying my first crossfit class tomorrow, and I'm nervous! I haven't done any high intensity exercise in ages (I work out, just gently). But the box near me offers a free class for interested parties on Saturday mornings so I figured I would try something new. Now I just have to get through that hour without getting broken. :?

Reassurance that the coaches won't kill me and/or advice for first timers appreciated. :)

STR 1::STA.5::DEX 0::WIS 1::CON 1::CHA 0

Previous challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60781-the-wee-terror-heads-into-battle/

From everything I've heard, CrossFit workouts are always scaled to your ability. If there's an exercise you can't do due to injury/weakness/inflexibility, the coach will help you replace it or work around it. And nobody will look twice at you for doing so, as a great deal of Crossfitters do this. It's not like you'll have 20 people busting out chest-to-bar pull-ups like they're nothing and then you alone in the corner with a resistance band. There's a wide range of ability.

Full disclosure; I don't actually do CrossFit. But this is what I have heard, I've heard it from multiple unaffiliated sources, and nothing I've ever read has contradicted this.

You'll be fine....well done for having the courage to try it out!

The key thing to remember is that there will inevitably be a lot of things that you can't do, and that you need to scale - even if you're already an uber-athlete. This is fine, expected, and everyone goes through it. Just celebrate your *own* progress and try not to compare yourself to other people. :) Oh, and have fun!

I went! And it was great. Everybody was super welcoming, and the coach gave me a lot of one-on-one instruction to make sure my form was correct. And she gave me an adjusted workout since it was my first time. Sure, I finished my workout last, but I did finish!

So I'm going to sign up for their six On-Ramp classes before I decide if want to keep with it, because it's certainly not a cheap investment.

• Like 2

Previous challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/60781-the-wee-terror-heads-into-battle/

Nice choice! I've been doing crossfit for about a month now including the on ramp classes and I really like the setup. Warming up, stretching and skills work is all built in to help you grow as an athlete. The only thing that I haven't needed to scale was burpees. I'd love to hear what worthless your doing!

Level 3 wood elf  Class Scout

Challenges: 1, 2, Current

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 8 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

I start my on ramp classes next Tuesday, so once I get there I'll post the workouts we do. So far the one class I went to the WOD was 400m row, 10 kb deadlifts, and 20 sit ups. For the non-newbies it was 50 double-unders, 5 barbell deadlifts (135 lb or 225 lbs) and 20 sit-ups.