Hold it! Hooooold it!

My short term goals for now are to make that final dash and slash away at a few more centimeters around my waist. Its measuring about 87cm in morning on an empty stomach. I'd like to get that down to 84cm.

As I said in my rebel introduction, I used to weigh 120kgs, then yo-yo'd back and forth between that and 90kgs a few times, finally reaching 130kgs. I'm back down to 89-90 (height is 6'3") now and the long term goal is just to NOT inflate all over again. As cool as the idea of being a shape-shifter is, my body wants the hell out of that deal.

Ofq3hyF.jpg

I have no specific diet plan, but after eating ultra low calories for a while (1300-1500cals from mostly chicken, rice cakes and a ton of cauliflower) then switching to mostly brown rice with little fat and protein, my body seems to have given up on me. Muscles ache, libido is low, motivation is low, anxiety is high. I've switched back to a higher fat and protein diet with carbs consumed around my workouts only, and I've bumped my target calories up to 2000. I know that sounds low but I typically don't lose weight on anything higher and I'm worried that increasing calories too fast will just lead me back down the same path.

Here is the weekly plan.

Mondays - 7:30 AM) Back

7:30 PM) Muay Thai - 1 hour sparring

Tuesdays - 06:15 AM) Shoulders

07:00 AM) Muay Thai - Fitness/Technique - 1 hour

Wednesdays - 06:15 AM) HIIT Spinning Class - 45 minutes

07:00 AM) Hamstrings & Glutes

Thursdays - 06:15 AM) Upper Body

07:00 AM) Muay Thai - Fitness/Technique - 1 hour

Fridays - 06:15 AM) HIIT Spinning Class - 45 minutes

07:00 AM) Hamstrings & Glutes

07:30 PM) Muay Thai - 1 hour sparring

Saturday - Upper Body (sometimes...)

Sunday - Off

Good luck! It seems like you have a solid plan for this, and your workouts look really cool (especially sparring)! I'm currently doing 1300 calories a day to lose weight, but same as you I'll bump it back up when I've hit my goal and want to maintain. Definitely take it all a day at a time and keep taking pics and stats :) 

"If you die, you die. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee

Oh wow, so today I changed my diet quite drastically, bumping up both the total cals and switching to high fat/protein, and Cot dayum I feel like I've just smoked a joint or something! I actually feel... Good! I'm not sure on the total calories to be honest, but I can jot down exactly what I ate.

Meal #1 - 4 whole eggs + 165g cauliflower wraps (with 10g protein per wrap I think they're more egg than cauliflower) + 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil.

Meal #2 - Same as #1

Meal #3 - 500g skinless chicken breasts + 100g creamy mushroom sauce + 110g cauliflower wraps + 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil.

Quickly adding that up it all comes to around.... 2760 calories :numbness: Well, that explains why I feel so good. Hehe...he :nevreness: Is that even right? It didn't seem like that much food at the time. I forgot how easy it is to splurge. I'll have to watch myself!

Good luck! It seems like you have a solid plan for this, and your workouts look really cool (especially sparring)! I'm currently doing 1300 calories a day to lose weight, but same as you I'll bump it back up when I've hit my goal and want to maintain. Definitely take it all a day at a time and keep taking pics and stats :)

Hey Smaz, thanks :) I took a peek inside your log and it seems you're kickin' ass and well on the right track.

Bad day. Girl troubles. Enough said.

I started the morning off with some back training.

Wide-grip Pullups - 4 x body weight x 15 reps

Narrow Hammer-grip Chinups - 4 x body weight x 15 reps

Come evening I did 6 sets of 10 reps on the wide-grip pullups followed by a very light sparring session with a bunch of exhausted teenage feather weights who aren't willing to take advice. That didn't contribute much to my mood or total calories burnt.

As for food, I broke fast with a meal far too large, sending me crashing into the foggy pits of digestion and insulin spikage.

I had a 6 egg omelette with bacon, cheese and a large, fatty sausage. That lasted me all the way to 5:30PM when I had 120g brown rice and 3 whole eggs. Now, at 8:55PM, I've just chomped down on another 6 whole eggs with flax seed oil. So many eggs! Just love 'em :redface-new:

Now, having just sparred and stuffed my face, I'm of course wiiiide awake and need to get up at 5:30. Stressful thoughts don't help much either. Damn brain...

I didn't train today because I was dead tired and my spinning partner/sis couldn't make it either. I calmed down a bit on the food today, having just four large chicken kebabs, one 6 egg omelette with bacon and cheese, and I'll be having 200g chicken livers and a big ass plate of veggies for dinner.

Bad day. Girl troubles. Enough said.

I started the morning off with some back training.

Wide-grip Pullups - 4 x body weight x 15 reps

Narrow Hammer-grip Chinups - 4 x body weight x 15 reps

Come evening I did 6 sets of 10 reps on the wide-grip pullups followed by a very light sparring session with a bunch of exhausted teenage feather weights who aren't willing to take advice. That didn't contribute much to my mood or total calories burnt.

As for food, I broke fast with a meal far too large, sending me crashing into the foggy pits of digestion and insulin spikage.

I had a 6 egg omelette with bacon, cheese and a large, fatty sausage. That lasted me all the way to 5:30PM when I had 120g brown rice and 3 whole eggs. Now, at 8:55PM, I've just chomped down on another 6 whole eggs with flax seed oil. So many eggs! Just love 'em :redface-new:

Sorry to hear about girl troubles. I hope it works out. 

This is going to sound odd but what kind of cheese do you use in your omelettes? I try to make one at least once a week and I use 3 eggs plus onions and asparagus/bell peppers, and I'll eat it with 3 strips of bacon and some fruit. I normally cut out cheese but sometimes it'd be nice to have that delicious flavor in there, I'm just not sure what kind of buy that isn't full of chemicals. 

"If you die, you die. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee

Sorry to hear about girl troubles. I hope it works out. 

This is going to sound odd but what kind of cheese do you use in your omelettes? I try to make one at least once a week and I use 3 eggs plus onions and asparagus/bell peppers, and I'll eat it with 3 strips of bacon and some fruit. I normally cut out cheese but sometimes it'd be nice to have that delicious flavor in there, I'm just not sure what kind of buy that isn't full of chemicals. 

Mozzarella. I don't know if its chock-full of chems or not, but I only use enough to make it interesting and I'm sure there are stranger things in the meat I eat.

I'm getting spit roasted this Thursday with one camera down my throat and another up me tuckus, and a quick groin lymph node biopsy while they're at it. Cancer symptom? She wouldn't say. The worryingly silent but admittedly good doc has instructed me to follow a very low fiber, low cal diet for the 3 days leading up to the day of admission, with the very day before consisting of nothing but Picoprep sachets and a date with Lulu the Lu. I'm also to remain relaxed (Ha! If she knew my mind...) and avoid exercise until then. Then, as if to hint her introversion as vampirism, she took 6 vials of blood from me in exchange for a hefty bill, during which I had a terrifying thought - Imagine having all of your blood drained from your body whilst you simply sit there and wait to pass out and die  :nightmare: 

With all that said, I'm excited! :playful:  Some hospital visits are like staying at a hotel, sleeping like the dead, waking up in better condition than I walked in with, a nice list of answers to the many questions that lead me there in the first place, and a bowl of jelly at my bedside.

So this will be a prescribed "fast" blast. Maybe I'll get some fat out of it/of me.

The surgeon took a deep, fat lymph node from my groin so I've got stitches in an unfortunate spot, right in a spot that makes any bending at the hip a bit uncomfortable. I may have to skip leg training until the stitches dissolve, or maybe just until next week. I'm also on a four different pills/antibiotics the size of small footballs (mild hernia and intestinal infection) so its probably a good idea to take it easy.

Yesterday I trained back and shoulders.

Seated narrow cable row - 3 workings sets of 15, 12, 10

DB lateral raise - 3 workings sets of 20, 18, 15

Pull-downs - 3 working sets

DB shoulder press - 3 working sets

DB rows - 3 working sets

I would have liked to do more for shoulders but I felt like I was going to pass out.