Hi everyone,

I did my first challenge two months ago and everything went quite well. The challenge helped me to lose some weight and start training again. As it is being difficult to me to start a challenge on time again, I have decided to start a battle log to keep track of my progress.

My intention is to write down everything related to my workouts and diet for the next three months, at least once a week. I'm starting at late March, so it will finish at the end of June.

My numbers after a week off on holidays (I will deload more or less 10%) are at this point:

SQ: 75kg

DL: 85kg

BP: 55kg

BR: 55kg

OP: 30kg

BW: 85kg BF% around 25% (hopefully less, I must check)

My main goal is to stick within the SL5x5 program for this three months, and to get under 80kg and 20% BF.

Tomorrow is my first day after my little break, I will update soon telling how everything is going.

• Like 1

I can't wait to see how you go!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hi everyone,

I would like to sum up my week and also write about my workout and goals.

First week over. I'm back after 1 week break. I have deloaded around 10%, still it has been difficult,specially on the squat the first day.

Monday

SQ 5/5/5/5/4 75kg

BP 5x5 55kg

BR 5x5 55kg

Wednesday

SQ 5x5 75kg

OH 5x5 30kg

DL 1x5 85kg

Friday

SQ 5x5 77,5kg

BP 5x5 57,5kg

BR 5/5/5/5/4 57,5kg

I have failed on the squat the first day, and on the barbell row on Friday. It's been difficult to keep proper form on the barbell row. That's why I prefer to fail and focus on the form.

I'm resting 90 seconds between sets except squat that I'm resting 2 minutes. Maybe I should rest more in order to avoid failing but I don't want the workout to last more than one hour.

I'm working out first thing in the morning in a fasted condition. Maybe this is not the best way to progress on my strength training but I think it is useful for the weight loss. Anyway, I'm taking some bcaa's (supposedly they don't break the fasted phase) pre and post workout to prevent muscle loss. I'm eating around 2100kcal, this wouldn't help with muscle gain either, but I think I should prioritize fat loss.

Regarding to my diet I'm trying to keep it very simple. Intermittent fasting, no sugar, carbohydrates below 50-75g and trying to cook my food.

And finally my goals, like I said before I hope to be around 80kg and below 20% bf before the end of June.

And in regards to weigh training, I wish to be around 100kg on my squat and 120kg on the deadlift. I wish I could reach some day at least 1,5 bodyweight squat, and 2bw deadlift. I also would like to be able to do 1 pistol squat (one legged squat).

That is all for now.

form is more important than weight... I would rather lift a little with AWESOME form than a lot with soso form

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move