New Diet/Eating Routine

Lionceau

Hello everyone!!

Well here I am, to tell you guys I went to a Nutritionist :D She was very well recommended. Based on what we talked, health history from my family (not many problems, thankfully), and all, she ended up making this routine for me. I would like you guys to see it and tell what you thinks about it. At the end of the post I will write more about myself (physical description, old habits...), maybe it will help. I have already started this diet (I learn from many errors in the past that I shouldn't wait forever to make some changes ^^ ). So... here we go! :D :

Breakfast:

Option 1:
  • Soy milk (original, Soymilk or SupraSoy brands), 2 tablespoons (about 200ml) OR natural yoghurt (200ml)
  • Fruit (1 share/quota)
  • Oats (preference for oatflour), 1 tablespoon.
Option 2:
  • Nutritional Powder (natural, protein + vitamins, I was already using it before, it's very good, I did not want to give it up because it helped me on several issues before)
  • Water and/or natural yoghurt (200ml)
  • Fruit (1 share/quota)
  • Oats (preference for oatflour), 1 tablespoon.

I prefer option two, normally.

Collation:
Fruit, 2 shares/quotas

Lunch:
  • Rice (brown, preferably), 3 tablespoons well filled up
  • Lean meat (fish, chicken, red meat), 200g
  • Vegetable A, at ease, eat before the meal
  • Vegetable B, 5 tablespoons
  • Extra/option: Black beans (Feijão, really known in Brazil, it's cooked), maximum of 100g/1 medium scoup per day
  • Eat slowly

Snacks:
Snack 1:
  • Brazil Nut (Castanha-do-Pará), 2 units
  • Oilseeds, 5 units (walnuts, almonds, pistachios, etc.).
Snack 2:
  • Fruit, 2 shares/quotas
  • In emergency cases ( :tongue:), chocolate 70% cocoa or more, 20g.

She put 2 snacks because my dinner is generally when I get home from university at 10pm. So, she inverted the order of meals: instead of snack>dinner>snack, she put this way. In university I don't really have time to eat properly or it's just too expensive.

Dinner:
  • Lean meat, 100g
  • Vegetable A, at ease
  • Vegetable B, 5 tablespoons

Supper: nothing (as my dinner is very late, as 10pm).

---- Diet Update ----

Lunch:

• Brown Rice from now on, no more white rice.

Snack:

Instead of 2 quotas of Fruits and all the nuts I put before, now I'll have these, divided between Lunch and my really late Dinner:

• Fruit - 1 quota/share
  • Sandwich - Brown bread (integral), lean cheese (cottage, etc...) (1 medium slice/30g), Vegetable A (no limit) (tomato, cabbage, rocket, cabbage, lettuce, ...)
  • Extra: Oilseeds - 2 units of Castanha-do-Pará

Options for 1 share/quota of Fruits:
  • Acerola (185g), 16 units
  • Pineapple (115g), 1 large slice
  • Coconut water (300ml), 1 common cup
  • Fresh plum (110g), 1 very large
  • Banana (60g), 1 medium
  • Caju/Cashew (165g), 2 medium
  • Caqui/Persimmon (95g), half of a large well
  • Cherry (60g), 7 large
  • Kiwi (90g), 1 large
  • Oranges (125g), 1 medium
  • Apple (95g), half of 1 large
  • Papaya (90g) 1 small slice
  • Mango (95g), 1 medium
  • Watermelon (195g), 1 medium slice
  • Melon (200g), 1 medium slice
  • Strawberry (150g), 10 medium
  • Pear (90g), half of a large
  • Peach (115g), 2 small
  • Tangerine (125g), 1 small
  • Grape (75g), 13 small units

Options for Vegetable A:

• Water Pumpkin
  • Chard
  • Watercress
  • Celery
  • Lettuce
  • Asparagus
  • Broccoli
  • Chicory
  • Cauliflower
  • Spinach
  • Gherkin/maxixe
  • Mustard leaf
  • Palmetto
  • Radish
  • Cabbage
  • Rucola/arugula/rocket
  • Tomato

Options for Vegetable B:

• Pumpkin
  • Green squash
  • Eggplant/aubergine
  • Beet
  • Onion
  • Carrot
  • Chayote/Chuchu
  • Sprouts/kale
  • Green Pea
  • Turnip
  • Petit-pois
  • Bell Pepper
  • Okra/gumbo
  • Haricot Vert/pod

My current physical activies:

• I exercise 2x/week in the gym, alternating bodyweight, running/HIIT, weight/machine training, cardio, functional training, circuits.... I have access to a very good trainer that sticks with me and builds my gym routines 
  • I do kung fu hung gar 2x to 3x/week (1hour/class)
  • I do parkour on weekends, so 1x to 2x/week (1h to 3h of training)

It may seem much, but I'm kind of a beginner in all of them.

My day-to-day life, simplified:

• Work - 10am to 4pm
  • University - 4pm or 6pm (depending on which day of the week) to 10pm
  • Physical activities - everyday between 7am and 8am

There are other minor things

My old/changing eating habits:

Basically, just wrong, horrible. Not because I didn't like good, healthy, food. But because I couldn't build a nice routine for me to actually eat well during the week and fit it between my activities, so I ended up eating garbage (fast food and so on). Plus, eating nicely is expensive. On weekends it got a bit worse as I went out with friends and all. Probably I just haven't gained that much weight because I'm really a non-stop person generally (yes, I have anxiety (which I'm trying to surpass), so lots of energy, and some times, without any reason, none, zero, vanished (this is why I have difficulty sticking with things). However I have been overweight (thankfully, not that much, considering my eating habits).

Physical appearance, general description:

• Height - 1m63
  • Weight - 65kgs (now, 64kgs YEY) - I was REALLY underweight before, so I made a big effort to gain weight (in a wrong way -.-) and ended up being overwheight >.<
  • 22 years old girl :)

Now... why am I here if I already do parkour, kung fu and gym w/personal trainer, and went to a nutritionist, you ask?

My BIGGEST problem is to focus on things on the long run (thanks Anxiety), and also to build something for myself, like a routine and to stick to it. I feel I can do better than what I do now. I'm talking about useful time, nice conditioning and preparing mainly for the parkour part for now.

So,

OBJECTIVES for now:

• Lose fat, weight (between 8kg and 6kg, I think), and gain muscle (I even gained a belly y.y)
  • Gain strenght (arms, core, well, everything xD)
  • Jump's height/impulsion (mine is LAME)
  • Endurance (for parkour; I get tired really fast)
  • Be a good fighter (kung fu style; I know this will require time)

So, hope you guys can analyse it all. Sorry for the big post y.y I tried.

Thanks everybody!

Congrats on going to a nutritionist and learning so thoroughly. I hope this diet works out for you. Let us know how it goes!

But are you sure your breakfast is big enough?

I know that large lunches are customary in Latin America, but I think with breakfast being just one fruit and a couple spoonfuls of protein and oats, you will be starving before lunchtime, and you will end up overeating at lunch. I think you should have more food at breakfast, maybe add an egg, so you will have the strength to complete your mornings.

• Like 1

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Congrats on going to a nutritionist and learning so thoroughly. I hope this diet works out for you. Let us know how it goes!

But are you sure your breakfast is big enough?

I know that large lunches are customary in Latin America, but I think with breakfast being just one fruit and a couple spoonfuls of protein and oats, you will be starving before lunchtime, and you will end up overeating at lunch. I think you should have more food at breakfast, maybe add an egg, so you will have the strength to complete your mornings.

Thanks you for replying, really :D

Yeah, I was thinking about this. I've been on this diet for one and a half week. However, during this time, I wasn't hungry between breakfast and lunch. But I was (oh, and HOW I was) between lunch and dinner. 2 quotas of Fruit and 7 nuts weren't enough for me, as my dinner is really late.

I went to my nutritionist today again, to make the follow-up. Then she customized my diet a little bit more.

Diet Update

Lunch:

• Brown Rice from now on, no more white rice.

Snack:

Instead of 2 quotas of Fruits and all the nuts I put before, now I'll have these, divided between Lunch and my really late Dinner:

• Fruit - 1 quota/share
  • Sandwich - Brown bread (integral), lean cheese (cottage, etc...) (1 medium slice/30g), Vegetable A (no limit) (tomato, cabbage, rocket, cabbage, lettuce, ...)
  • Extra: Oilseeds - 2 units of Castanha-do-Pará

Status/How is it going

Well, almost 2 weeks on this diet, I was really hungry between lunch and dinner, but I think now it will be fixed, as she added one sandwich. I've been feeling more energetic, more clean, let's say. I admit that in the past, with my old poor eating habits, I had some trouble going to the bathroom, now it seems to be good :)

I've been having difficulties to not eat rice at dinner too, but I know I'll make it!

I made my first healthy sandwich today (this one she recommended), and... REALLY AWESOME. I thought I would hate eating it, like, 'ugh, salad, vegetables' (I'm not used to eat them, so enjoying them is kind of hard), but I surprised myself.

I only cheated my diet once (I think considering the waves of "juicy, greasy, tasty food" drowning me everyday during the week, I did well xD): it was my little cousin's birthday :x so, yeah, pizza and hot dog, but not as much as I would eat normally (at least xD).

Well, that's it for now :3

• Like 1