• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Official Nerd Fitness Powerlifting Team

Spezzy and I are both aiming at competing at USAPL RAW Nationals  in Scranton, PA the weekend of October 16th, and have decided that we want to try to put together an official Nerd Fitness powerlifting team to compete, sponsored by Nerd Fitness. We're hoping that it can turn into a permanent team that competes at nationals every year.

The first step is we need to know how many others would be interested in competing before we can put together an application to become an official team. In order to become a team member, you don't have to have qualified to lift at nationals yet, you just need to have a USAPL membership and be able to put your name down as being on the team.

In order to lift at nationals, you have to first qualify at another USAPL meet during the year. The qualifying totals are (all weights in lb):

Women
Weight (lb)   94  103 114 125 138 158 185 185+
Open              405 446 488 533 570 595 674
Teen(14-19)   251 269 289 305 326 359 389 465
Junior(20-23) 270 289 310 330 347 384 413 504
Master (40+)  Total in a USAPL Sanctioned Meet

Men
              116 130 145 163 182  205  231  264  264+
Open              715 769 943 1013 1067 1129 1199 1253
Teen(14-19)   439 510 548 656 694  713  731  784  803
Teen(16-17)   473 548 600 746 776  803  851  893  911
Teen(18-19)   484 563 656 799 851  930  949  971  986
Junior(20-23) 521 608 705 900 938  1024 1035 1069 1088
Master’s A Total in a USAPL Sanctioned Meet

Once you lift those totals in competition, you'll be qualified to lift at RAW Nationals. All that's left after that is to show up!

If you're interested in being on the team and competing or have any questions, please post here!

• Like 1

This is SOOOOOO awesome! I'm a card carrying USAPL member, but don't quite have the required total yet. Hopefully at my next meet in June, but I would love to join! Do you still want our info even if we may not make it this year? I compete in women, 138 open weight class

• Like 1

Also guys, if you want to be on the team, post your name and membership # here, or PM it to me if you don't want it out in the open.

I take it this is only for USA lifters?

I'll have to look it up in the rules.

This is SOOOOOO awesome! I'm a card carrying USAPL member, but don't quite have the required total yet. Hopefully at my next meet in June, but I would love to join! Do you still want our info even if we may not make it this year? I compete in women, 138 open weight class

There are some pretty big teams, so I'm pretty sure you can have people on the team that don't qualify for every event. Hopefulyl you do though! I'll look it up in the rules to make sure.

Me.  either 231 or 264 masters

Great!

ME! probs 158 class.

Woot!

I mean that the sponsorship is only for USA based lifters, rather than the competition.

The sponsorship is only for the fees of registering as a team, we're not getting free gear and such. Still have to pay all our individual fees and costs.

The sponsorship is only for the fees of registering as a team, we're not getting free gear and such. Still have to pay all our individual fees and costs.

Should I hold off on registering for the USAPL until the team is created or register and update to join the team later?

I'd prefer you join now so we can put you on the initial application and don't have to do some sort of follow up to add people on later.

Well, just tried submitting the online application, and the webpage crashed.  Will try again later. 

I mean that the sponsorship is only for USA based lifters, rather than the competition.

Hey, yeah - we are going to register a NerdFitness team with USAPL. This is the first we've ever done anything like this - as we grow we can start looking into international options. Feel free to PM me if you have any ideas :)

Don't need to qualify for nationals to be on the team :) any card carrying usapl member can officially declare us as a team once we are incorporated (which I can do this week!)

• Like 1

Well, just tried submitting the online application, and the webpage crashed.  Will try again later. 

Reading how registration works, it would actually be easier for you to wait until we incorporate as a team. That way, you just join the team when you register by fillingin the team name on your registration form. If you register before we do that, then you have to get a ref at your next meet to update your card. 

• Like 3

Also guys, if you want to be on the team, post your name and membership # here, or PM it to me if you don't want it out in the open.

I'll have to look it up in the rules.

There are some pretty big teams, so I'm pretty sure you can have people on the team that don't qualify for every event. Hopefulyl you do though! I'll look it up in the rules to make sure.

Great!

Woot!

Don't need to qualify for nationals to be on the team :) any card carrying usapl member can officially declare us as a team once we are incorporated (which I can do this week!)

Awesome! PM'd Gainsdalf my info!

Reading how registration works, it would actually be easier for you to wait until we incorporate as a team. That way, you just join the team when you register by fillingin the team name on your registration form. If you register before we do that, then you have to get a ref at your next meet to update your card. 

Sounds good.  Earliest meet I'd be aiming for would be in June although it would probably be August.  It'd be cool to qualify for Nationals, although who knows if I'd actually be able to make it out there to attempt it.  

Put me down as a maybe. My qualifying state meet is in three days so that's out but there's one in AZ I might be able to hit in July. Pencil me in at 205.

205!?!?!  Didn't you just compete in the 2V2L at like 245?  You must be hella great at cutting sir.