• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

Official Nerd Fitness Powerlifting Team

205!?!?!  Didn't you just compete in the 2V2L at like 245?  You must be hella great at cutting sir.  

210 is the goal by end of August so around 40 pounds in six months. Sitting at 233 this morning.4 1/2 weeks in.

• Like 2

I'll hit you guys up if I ever get a chance to compete in a USAPL event. There is currently no USAPL in my state, so I have to hope one comes reasonably close to me. I've got the total - just need the meet to make it all official.

• Like 1

Put me down as a maybe. My qualifying state meet is in three days so that's out but there's one in AZ I might be able to hit in July. Pencil me in at 205.

by july your wife should be ready to qualify as well, yes? :)

• Like 1

This is awesome. I'm certainly interested. I hope to hit the 231 lb qualifying total within a year or so. I'll keep an eye out for the team creation and then consider registering...

• Like 1

Herm.  This is getting the gears turning in my head.  Not sure yet, but maybe.  I need to see how a few things pan out in the near future. (Though depending on what the goes around for the meet in Scranton I'm at least down to drive and cheer you guys on!)

I'm in.

Could somebody please explain how one qualifies in Masters? 

I may well qualify in "open" by then anyway.  We'll have to see.  :)

Even if I don't qualify for this year's nationals, I'd definitely like to join the team!  I'll be in Scranton cheering you all on.

I'll wait to sign up for USAPL.

I'm in.

Could somebody please explain how one qualifies in Masters? 

I may well qualify in "open" by then anyway.  We'll have to see.  :)

Even if I don't qualify for this year's nationals, I'd definitely like to join the team!  I'll be in Scranton cheering you all on.

I'll wait to sign up for USAPL.

To quality for Nationals in Masters, I believe you just have to have competed in any USAPL event prior to Nationals.  Least that's the way I would understand "Total in a USAPL Sanctioned Meet".

To quality for Nationals in Masters, I believe you just have to have competed in any USAPL event prior to Nationals. Least that's the way I would understand "Total in a USAPL Sanctioned Meet".

Yep. the mature folks have it easy (to get in). Believe me, the re will be some really serious numbers put up by the folks in their 40's. By and large, they have bulked up too much (that age thing) to be competitive with the youngins on the wilkes...

Yay for being old!!  I don't care about doing well at this point.  I just wanna play.

The NJ State Open is on Aug 1 in New Brunswick.  I assume "Open" means you don't have to qualify to get in, yes?

I'm not ready to even qualify yet, but this sounds like an awesome idea for a long term goal.  If you guys do make it permanent, I think I'm going to make this my 2-3 year challenge.

So with a bigger push to get people out doing competitions, would it be a good idea to start a "Doing a Comp, Got Questions Thread"?   Saw Drazen's post and I know Hamp21's thread was quite popular.  Just seems like a stickied generic thread might be in order.  I've already thought of a couple questions I was going to attempt to look up.  

• Like 2

So with a bigger push to get people out doing competitions, would it be a good idea to start a "Doing a Comp, Got Questions Thread"? Saw Drazen's post and I know Hamp21's thread was quite popular. Just seems like a stickied generic thread might be in order. I've already thought of a couple questions I was going to attempt to look up.

Yeah, we've answered the questions all over the place. Might as well make a sticky

If I can find a local meet, I will happily sign up with the NF team.  I might even be able to qualify for nationals in a few months if everything progresses as it should.

ALSO JUST TO BE CLEAR you can be on the team even if you do not plan on competing at nationals. 

The team will be a year round thing. That means anytime there's a USAPL meet, you put Nerd Fitness down as your team, even if you're alone, though if you post you're competing I bet people will come cheer you on! :D

• Like 2