What made you smite today?

Is that a "Smite" or a "Smile?"

Can't we smite and smile at the same time? All I know is that I kicked its proverbial butt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

Is that a "Smite" or a "Smile?"

Oop, crap. That was smiling not smiting. Neeeeevermind! *carefully sweeps comment under the rug and pretends it was never there*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

-S t a r . R u b y -

"I AM AN ETERNAL FLAME, BABY!"

heatherallyse

str: 1, dex: 1, sta: 1, con: 3.5, wis: 3.0, cha: 1.5

Challenge Chapter I : Exit, Blerch : Chapter II : Enter, Self : Chapter III : Phoenix Ascendant 

Challenge Zombie Arc: 2016 - Infected : Infected, Part II : Typhoid Ruby (Infected, pt II continued)

Hey, look! It's the completely awesome Battle Log I keep neglecting!

Car tabs.  I just spent $60 on a new driver license and now they want anoter $100 for tabs.  Not even a "happy birthday" like I get from the dentist and the insurance company, just "send moar monee NOW."  Fuck this.  I just wanna drive my car in peace.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Car tabs are those little stickers printed with a date that go on the corner of the license plate to show your annual tribute to the government overlords is paid up.  Expired tabs can get you a ticket, or be added on to any other kind of ticket you get, including a parking ticket.  I have no place to park but the street, so my car is at risk 24/7 if I let the tabs go... And around here, the city has minions who literally cruise the streets looking for victims, so I'd get caught pretty fast.

Different parts of the state vary in tab cost because individual counties and cities are allowed to pile on fees, and there may also be extra fees depending on the size/efficiency of your car.  I have a tiny car but I live in Seattle, where they charge us a lot to pay for numerous useless but expensive transit projects.  (I use public transit, and let's just say there's a reason I also own a car.)

Oh, and if you haven't passed an emission test recently, they won't let you get new tabs.  I had my ride tested a year ago so it'll have to be done again next year, cause that's every 2 years (really wtf, you think a perfectly sound Toyota is suddenly going to start spewing toxic fumes as it ages?)

There was a male, perhaps drunk, loudly yelling "you always beat me" and then a thump and something crashing. I called the 112, and the cops came, and went, because no one knew which apartment the noise came from.

Now I'm getting shit for calling the cops and meddling with other peoples business.* My dads stance could be summed as "let them sort it out on their own and don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong" - well I'm sorry I can't just let shit like that be. And fuck just looking the other way.

*It might've been a mistake to call without mentioning it to him first, as he's the owner of this apartment, but that I called the cops definitely wasn't.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Hey, the cops decided it was worth investigating.  All you did was report suspicious activity.

your dad is in the wrong, although it might be smart next time to just not let on you're the one who called the cops.   The cops normally don't tell who their witnesses are, so all you have to do is keep quiet and look surprised when they show up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Raincloak said:

Hey, the cops decided it was worth investigating.  All you did was report suspicious activity.

your dad is in the wrong, although it might be smart next time to just not let on you're the one who called the cops.   The cops normally don't tell who their witnesses are, so all you have to do is keep quiet and look surprised when they show up.

That would have indeed been a considerably more neater solution than what went down.

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

Fear after having the cops called on us (me and old room mate) for wwe style wrestling in the house I can tell you we thought it was funny  "No we aren't fighting, yes we will keep it down. Sorry officer."  We once had a backyard BBQ that turned into a tag team match and the cops were called for a gang fight lmao; The cops just rolled by saw who it was and kept going.

moral of the story, I like to wrestle when I get drunk

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

On 27/09/2016 at 5:48 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I should find my charger and start using my fit bit again

Me too. Though I'm my case I have the charger and can't find the Fitbit... 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

704430fc6a65a38218e4cb66543c165c.jpg

Worth repeating.

I don't normally use terms like "douchebag," but the guy who hit my car while I was sitting in it, and then flat out denied he'd done it, definitely qualifies.  I had to call the cops (and wait an hour for them to show up) to get him to hand over his insurance info.  (At least I didn't have to press a felony charge for hit and run...)  Even his date was unimpressed with his conduct.  Now I've got to spend my day off taking my car to the shop, fussing with insurers, and risking the wrath of a fat sexist prick if I want to make an insurance claim.

(You know what else?  Douchebag went and had dinner while waiting for the cops to show, and drove off after talking to the cops without paying his bill.  I was quite happy to furnish the restaurant with his name and phone number.)

• Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:28 PM, Raincloak said:

risking the wrath of a fat sexist prick if I want to make an insurance claim.

The last time I had to deal with insurers, I never needed to interact again with the insured after getting his information.  The dude that hit my parked car did try to drive off, but I made a huge flourishing show of writing down his plate number that he stopped and came back and tried to talk his way out of it (good thing too, as I could not in fact read that number, had just acted very, very much like I was able to and was carefully recording it).  Once I finished my talk with his insurance company that was the end for me; I hope you are as fortunate and don't have more to come with him.

• Like 1

Level 1 NPC Assassin

Strength: 2Dexterity: 0 Stamina: 3 Constitution: 1 Wisdom: 4Charisma: 0

Current Quest  |  Previous Quest Current Stats

Weight Loss Goal: 40 of 116 lbs; 296 to 180

{progress='1e90ff'}34.5{/progress}

On 10/10/2016 at 1:31 AM, Eskcanta said:

The last time I had to deal with insurers, I never needed to interact again with the insured after getting his information.  The dude that hit my parked car did try to drive off, but I made a huge flourishing show of writing down his plate number that he stopped and came back and tried to talk his way out of it (good thing too, as I could not in fact read that number, had just acted very, very much like I was able to and was carefully recording it).  Once I finished my talk with his insurance company that was the end for me; I hope you are as fortunate and don't have more to come with him.

I'm hoping I don't need to interact with Dbagdriver again; his insurance company is supposed to take care of this for him, that is their job.  However, at the moment the insurer is choosing to be difficult.  They're refusing to process the claim unless I permit them to audio record me, which is utter BS.  They're going to get a polite letter explaining the relevant laws.  If they still refuse to handle the claim, I may have to sue the driver directly for the damage.

Oh wow.  Umm...  I didn't mention it, but most of my dealing was with -my- insurance company.  Have you tried that yet?  Insurance companies know the rules and how to pressure each other.

Level 1 NPC Assassin

49 minutes ago, Eskcanta said:

Oh wow.  Umm...  I didn't mention it, but most of my dealing was with -my- insurance company.  Have you tried that yet?  Insurance companies know the rules and how to pressure each other.

That is a good point, and if I didn't know what else to do, I would certainly call on my (fairly nice) insurance company for help.  But I know more about this system than most people, and at this point there is no good reason to involve my own insurer.  They aren't liable for the damage to my car, and therefore they have no strong motive to squeeze the other insurer.  They would probably solve the tape issue by telling me to roll over and submit to it, because for them, that's the cheapest way out.

What probably happened in your case was that you had collision coverage, so you sent the repair bill to your own insurer, they initially paid for repairs using your coverage, and then they went to the other guy's insurer and demanded the money back.  In my case, that will not work, because I do not carry collision coverage.  (For older cars it's a waste of money.)  

Fortunately, there are other resources for pressuring a bad insurance company.

is banging your head against the wall considered smiting? Every year the same group does the calendar order every year the calendar order gets fucked up, who's in charge of the calendar order again this year? At least I have a stock excuse already in place "I'm sorry I don't handle the calendar orders or delivery, please see....." and I feel bad because they come to me for everything else, but seriously wtf how long can something keep happening until someone with more power can say "Hey this needs to change" because I say something and I get the blank stares of "You want me to do actually work" and from my boss "How dare you challenge my authority, here are 500 shitty jobs that need to be done that I'm going to tell everyone "I" got done when you finish them"

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

1 hour ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

is banging your head against the wall considered smiting? "

Hrm.  Is the way you describe your boss treating you typical for how he or she treats you?  It is hard for me to imagine a person pulling that attitude only for one portion of their work interactions.

If it is typical, sounds like you're not in a wonderful place.  Are you open to considering looking for another job?  Likely a lot of better options exist.

Spoiler

Err, is trying to offer solutions and ways to make smiteful things better okay for this thread?  I know it's about anger, but it's hard for me to observe a problem and a person reaching out and not try to hand off answers.  Problems equal solutions, sometimes...

Level 1 NPC Assassin

Remember Rosie you can't control the weather, so take a rest, make sure everything is ready to go, and once your able to go don't kill yourself trying to get it done in half the time it takes to get done, because really everything will work out in the end

Daily Mile

Pack stuff at your place, make some soup, and enjoy storm watching from your nice cozy bunker while the rest of us crawl off to work.

Also the storm should abate by midday and the trees will be cleared by then, so if you're gonna make a trip, keep an eye on traffic reports and rabbit out there and back before the afternoon glob.  Tonight's commute will be ugly.

• Like 1