A History of Daily Events - Malakir

03/25/15

I've discovered the land of NerdFitness and the Rebellion therein. Against my better judgment, I've made my presence known. Time will tell if my attempts to participate and, where possible, aid in this endeavor are misplaced or just. My hopes are high.

-Malakir

Ok, today marks my first day here on the site but my 4th or 5th week back to training post spinal surgery. On the schedule for today is my strength training circuit followed by stretching. Calorie goals are in the 2200-2400 range with a 40/30/30 split on carbs/fat/protein, all tracked via MyFitnessPal. Overall feel for the day is optimistic with a hint of excitement for finding this community. It seems to be pretty cool!

In future log entries, I'll go into more detail, but I wanted to get this one taken care of quickly so I wouldn't forget.

-MAL

Malakir - Human Ranger

[Level-2][str-3][Dex-3][Wis-3][Con-3][Cha-3][stam-3]

[Current Challenge] [battlelog] [MyFitnessPal]

03/27/15

Yesterday is gone; a missed opportunity to log my journey, but I'm moving forward. Some contact has been made with the local folk of this land, but I am still an unknown newcomer and many are suspicious of my presence. I will continue to do what I can where I can, and hopefully -in time- I will come to be accepted.

-Malakir

COMPLETELY forgot to do this yesterday. Oops. I didn't miss my workout or nutrition goals, though, and I logged everything properly on myfitnesspal. I do think this log will be helpful in keeping myself accountable. I've also responded to an accountability group (adventuring party) thread with hopes of joining up. I'd like to have the support of others here, if for no other reason than to have some folks to talk shop with. Fitness isn't really an interest of most of my friends and family, so I find myself boring them most of the time when I mention it. Oh well.

03/26/15 - Great workout cardio and abs. Huge burn. Calories and macros were right in range and I even managed to sleep pretty well!

03/27/15 - Strength circuit day with an emphasis on back. Gotta get this thing stronger so I can change up my workouts and move forward with proper lifting again.  Friends visiting from out of town so I'm betting dinner will be less than ideal when it comes to nutrition BUT I'll do my best! 

It's Friday, so I'm automatically in a good mood!

-MAL

Malakir - Human Ranger

04/10/15

The first test presented to me in this place has come and gone. I have passed, and proven myself worthy, but I cannot rest. It is time to find a new challenge.

-Malakir

It's been established that I suck at this whole daily logging thing, haha. Myfitnesspal is easy but actually putting your day into essay form is apparently too much of a burden for me to even remember, let alone do. Either way here's a quick update.

Challenge 1 is complete and I hit all of my goals without missing a day. I also participated in some of the various recruit and adventure quests so all in all I have 18 total attribute points and 2 levels to award myself. I've made a signature, so it feels all official and stuff. Since my attributes start at 0, and I'm a consummate jack of all trades, I chose to even out my stats to begin with - 3's across the board.

My workouts lately have been going really well, although I'm experiencing some soreness in my back that I can't completely narrow down to DOMS. I may need to throttle down a bit in some of the more lower back involved movements. My nutrition has been pretty good, and I'm staying in my calorie goals just fine. I DO, however, need to get a handle on my macros. I tend to overeat fat and undereat protein. Not by much, mind you, but enough to make my percentages tick me off when I see them in black and white on myfitnesspal. Gotta work on that.

It's Friday, again, and I may just make this my automatic battlelog update day. It will be much easier to contend with than everyday and I'm generally more pleasant on Fridays anyway!  Have a great weekend folks.

-MAL

Malakir - Human Ranger