Hello from the sunny UK

It really is sunny here today, too!

I'm a bit nervous joining here - I'm 35, mum of a toddler, full time worker, car commuter.

I'm 5"11 and weigh 164lb - I have managed to lose my baby weight so I'm not medically overweight, though I am about 10lb heavier than I feel I should be.

I cook from scratch, don't follow a particular diet philosophy but I am trying to reduce grains, reduce sugar and reduce booze. My weaknesses food wise are stress/boredom eating, sugary snacks, cheese and gin so any tips to help me reaching for the biscuit jar appreciated!

I am also desperately unfit. Since returning to work I seem to sit in a chair or car all day, I have no strength at all - started the Beginner bodyweight circuit today and managed 1.5 circuits with wall push-ups! I do pilates once a week and practice mindfulness though and love being outdoors. I'm also recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia which makes it hard to build a routine as I get flare ups and have to pace myself.

My motivation is feeling better, managing my condition and being a good role model for my little girl, plus I'd like to feel a bit less like a sack of potatoes when I look in the mirror! I've joined nerdfitness as whilst I don't do a lot of video gaming ( though I loved Fable ) it seems like a really friendly and welcoming place. I love books,am obsessed with Alice In Wonderland, love Dr Who, Buffy, rock music, crafting and cooking too.

Feeling a bit shy now and not sure how this all works, but hello!

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Hey Harbard, that's so awesome to hear...massively motivating to hear you are already seeing positive change - thank you for sharing and saying hi :-)

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.â€

I've put all my (slim & active) hubby's snacks in it and asked him to hide it! Bought myself some plain dark choc as I love that but physically can't eat more than a square.

Feeling the pain in my muscles a bit today post workout - good reminder on how unfit I actually am :-(

Hello! Nice to have another Brit on the forum. Best of luck with your goals they seem great. Im also currently trying to lose weight and have have found that if I carry a bottle od water with me and am drinking that I get less cravings for snacks. Perhaps this might help you too.

Hello from Rainy Bristol ... As a dad of a preschooler nothing is more motivating than you kiddy getting interested in your fitness regime ... And nothing is more demotivating thn watching a 3 and a half year old get in to better yoga positions than you. .... It's scary ... Show her a picture once and she goes and does the pose that I have been struggling to get near for the last 3 weeks

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

Well day 5 and I've braved up enough to take a start pic, and done another bodyweight workout. Was in agony after the first one for a couple days! Going to go check out the forums and try and work out the challenges and tribe stuff :)

Well day 5 and I've braved up enough to take a start pic, and done another bodyweight workout. Was in agony after the first one for a couple days! Going to go check out the forums and try and work out the challenges and tribe stuff :)