• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

andygates

Midwinter Muscle Madness: Virtual Powerlifting Meet

I think we should try to do it before NYE, everyone gets to attempt to a new PB for the year! (I will be doing this anyway). I realise that's kind of short notice though, still, do it!

Bust Your Balls Before The Ball Drops!

I'll be in Boston for most of that two week period. I have people I'm visiting and stuff I need to do but would love a meet-up if schedules allow. (I'm already trying to coordinate with people's work schedules and will be booked for the holidays, evenings, and weekends, but if people are free during the day I could probably do that.)

Edited by weirdquark

I think we should try to do it before NYE, everyone gets to attempt to a new PB for the year! (I will be doing this anyway). I realise that's kind of short notice though, still, do it!

Bust Your Balls Before The Ball Drops!

PTC is having a bad influence on your language. :P

Late Dec would suit me just fine. Hubby gets holiday time then, so I could scrounge a few extra gym visits.

I'm totally grabbing TinMan and going to his grunge gym for this. I seem to lift heavier when surrounded by people who yell at me.

WQ if you're around, give us a call!

I like spotters who yell encouragement. So long as they don't touch the bar.

Sensationally Salubrious Summer Strength Skirmish?

I NEED MOAR Ss!

One or two from list A and one from list B, and one from list C

A - Sensational, Splendid, Superb, Salubrious, Sweaty, Super, Superhero, Strength-Testing, Spiffy, Super-Duper, Supreme, Superior, Sublime, Self-Improvement, Steel

B - Summer, Solstice, Seasonal, Summertime

C - Showdown, Skirmish, Smash, Scrap, Struggle, Scramble, Smackdown, Scene, Shindig

I'm totally grabbing TinMan and going to his grunge gym for this. I seem to lift heavier when surrounded by people who yell at me.

Can do, though a plan would be better. :) The most likely time for me to be free when y'all are free will be between the 27th and the 29th -- I'm out of town over New Years. I am back during the first week of January, though that's when my evenings and the last weekend I'm there are the most full. Do you know when you might be lifting?

One or two from list A and one from list B, and one from list C

A - Sensational, Splendid, Superb, Salubrious, Sweaty, Super, Superhero, Strength-Testing, Spiffy, Super-Duper, Supreme, Superior, Sublime, Self-Improvement, Steel

B - Summer, Solstice, Seasonal, Summertime

C - Showdown, Skirmish, Smash, Scrap, Struggle, Scramble, Smackdown, Scene, Shindig

OOOhh. I like the Sweaty Summer Shindig of Super Duper Steel Superheroes.

Ah shoot. Just saw this thread and sadly will not be competing this time around. Good luck to all participants!

As a side note, I learned something new about why olympic weights are sized as they are (so they don't squash your noggin when you fail and drop the weight). Amazing.

Truth. And definitely drop a line if you're around to come by and lift heavy things.

Truth. And definitely drop a line if you're around to come by and lift heavy things.

Of you guys are doing this let me know if I'm not coaching ill try to come too.

(If this post seems brief or anything like that it's because I'm using my phone and don't want to type a lot :))

Spez & WQ : We're aiming for the 29th or 30th. Or at least we were last night. Either of those days work better for you two?

I'll be traveling elsewhere on the 30th but the 29th could work.

I'll be traveling elsewhere on the 30th but the 29th could work.

29th could work for me as well

(If this post seems brief or anything like that it's because I'm using my phone and don't want to type a lot :))

We should start a new thread with a new spreadsheet (the updated one I made for last time, just a new blank one). I'd like a new thread each time we do one. If one of the other mods doesn't get around to it, I'll try to make one this weekend. I'd do it now, but for some reason google docs doesn't work at work.

As for my participation, it's going to be weak sauce. I haven't built my rack yet as I've been told that I should wait until after Christmas because I may be getting some things that might help. I'm thinking I'm getting a chop/miter saw, which would be awesome. It is just occuring to me that now that I'm a home owner I can finally ask for power tools for gifts since I have somewhere to put them. Anyway, yeah, back to weak sauce. I'll be building the rack the weekend after Christmas and I haven't lifted in a month, 6 weeks at that point. Will do what I can though and it will give me an excuse to test the limits of my set up.

We should start a new thread with a new spreadsheet (the updated one I made for last time, just a new blank one). I'd like a new thread each time we do one. If one of the other mods doesn't get around to it, I'll try to make one this weekend. I'd do it now, but for some reason google docs doesn't work at work.

As for my participation, it's going to be weak sauce. I haven't built my rack yet as I've been told that I should wait until after Christmas because I may be getting some things that might help. I'm thinking I'm getting a chop/miter saw, which would be awesome. It is just occuring to me that now that I'm a home owner I can finally ask for power tools for gifts since I have somewhere to put them. Anyway, yeah, back to weak sauce. I'll be building the rack the weekend after Christmas and I haven't lifted in a month, 6 weeks at that point. Will do what I can though and it will give me an excuse to test the limits of my set up.

totally agree with the new thread, cause i've been ignoring this one until i read this.

as for the power tools, i total understand. there's so many things i want to play with, but i'm in an apartment with no garage or proper place to play with things...