• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

andygates

Midwinter Muscle Madness: Virtual Powerlifting Meet

i'm sort of nervous to try the squats on this. which means if i don't do those i may opt out completely due to being unsure on form and such. I don't know if i'm quite ready to do them. My squat form is a bit lacking lately.

You have until the end of the month. There are a lot of lifts to be had by then.

That's K Po in the thousand pound club. Nice lifting!

(sheet should be fixed, looks like the autocomplete went a bit bandy)

Thanks man, definitely felt good to hit that mark. Had to bump up my first attempt on deadlift just to make sure I would be able to have a chance at hitting it.

So I see people adding numbers. Are you all just adding your current numbers to see what numbers it spits out?

I saw the OP say Dec 21-Jan 01, is that when we officially start? and did we decide if this is all in one day, or if it is spaced out?

Even though its early, I did it today...but only because it was magically programmed for today. If it wasn't, I would have had to find a way to do it when I'm on vacation with limited resources.

Ross, you're benching 290lbs? You're a gol'dang animal.

Thanks, and yes. 5 sets of 5...sort of. No one but me had really been using the power rack much until last week. He's doing 495# half squats, so I don't blame him for using the rack. Just wish he didn't come at the same time that I do. So the last time I did my warmups on a regular bench and hopped over to the power rack when he got done. But the movement is a little different and I didn't have the bench in the right place. Sort of bobbled them. I'm going to try for 315 1RM towards the end of the month. The calc thing says I should be able to do 328....

Search youtube and there is a video of me doing 280# I think...

Edited by wildross

Farm boy, eh? Taking the Matt Hughes approach to training? Throwing barrels of hay and wrastling calves... I loved reading his descriptions of his real life strength training when he was prepping for his fight with BJ Penn a few years back.

question...i noticed at least one other person (knightwatch?) doesn't have gym access christmas week. i'm in the same boat...how do folks feel about posting first week of january? maybe it would also benefit those who are away from home that week?

Farm boy, eh? Taking the Matt Hughes approach to training? Throwing barrels of hay and wrastling calves... I loved reading his descriptions of his real life strength training when he was prepping for his fight with BJ Penn a few years back.

As a teenager, I could take 150# open ended bag of feed, carry it across a slick hog lot while keeping one end closed and put it into a chest high feeder, multiple times. While wearing boots and insulated coveralls. I could also pick up a railroad tie and drop it in a post hole without letting it touch my body (creosote burns skin badly). I have no idea how heavy the ties were, but they are 8' long and about 10"x8" cross section chunks of wood.

I look back and that and think...no wonder football was easy. Then I got married, had kids, yada yada....

phone typing.

i meant what if you can do it the week before or finish before like, january 5th?

so extend the days.

exactly. i was hoping folks would be okay with posting results by the end of that week, like the 5th or 6th.

Ross, you're benching 290lbs? You're a gol'dang animal.

And yes, Bruce, all in one day. 4 attempts per lift, in the order presented on the spread sheet.

Alright then. I guess I will do this the day after Christmas. This will be my present to myself.

No Video No Proof... lucky i got one :D

i've got videos of the 2 failed lifts but i'd rather not share them with the world lol, i probably could fo got the fails if i'd rested more but my mate was videoing and had to get going

also a question... is the bar riding a bit high on them squats? i think my form's ok apart from that any info and critics on form appreciated

Edited by Timmy M

it's just where it feels like it fits best, that' why i asked, it felt ok but looked high... and it would of been better work if i hadn't only started squatting again last week :P, wish i had, my hips all better since i did squatting for 3 days in a row and did a shit ton of trigger point therapy on it, also i seem to have the best coefficient out of the males... awwwww yea :D

Getting excited for this! Spent some time today practicing back squats as I haven't done them much recently. Built up to 255 in practice. Starting to get challenging, so didn't want to go higher without a proper squat rack, though finding one around here might be challenging.

I like the idea of posting videos of our attempts. I'll be filming my real attempts when i go for them, but for now, enjoy :)