• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

andygates

Midwinter Muscle Madness: Virtual Powerlifting Meet

On another note, we're doing the deadlift on the same day as the squat right? Does it behoove me to alternate between the deadlift and squat attempts so that I don't completely suck on the deadlift after 4 max attempts on the squat?

I'm pretty sure we're to be treating this like an actual comp, so you have to go in order. 4 attempts on squat, 4 attempts on bench, 4 attempts on dead lift. It is a little taxing, I did it yesterday, though out of order. Just remember to put in your full rest time between attempts and between switching exercises.

After seeing the numbers that HAVE been posted so far i feel like a wimp. geez.

You're a better/stronger/faster person as of today than you were before attempting those numbers. Wear them with pride.

Edited by this_is_seth
I r motivational

Just getting home from my attempts. Videos are uploading now, might need feedback on my last dead lift... I don't think I hit the complete lock out. Feedback on the squat would be nice to, as I'm worried I didn't hit parallel.

- I totally didn't hit parallel and the weight is moving too far forward even if I am low barring it.

- Was a bit too heavy for me...

- Don't think that lock out would stand up to any scrutiny.

Heaviest I've ever moved. Pretty stoked, even if the form was a tad off. 365 feels like oppression on your shoulders. I shouldn't have deleted my first squat video... I started at 315 but over compensated and ended up almost jumping out of the squat. Ugliest thing you've ever seen.

MMM is awesome.

Figures I would join the site just as this is ending lol. I just happen to be lucky to have a picture from dead lifting today though. I got up 405lbs on the first attempt while weighing 195lbs. I hope pictures count, along with using some rubber wheels.

Also, lets go Rangers!

post-4121-13567243265782_thumb.jpg

I can't figure out how to quote the blogs yet, so go to the following link for my commentary and a few fuzzy pictures.

http://nerdfitness.com/community/entry.php?11-I-m-a-Monster!

Parallel Squat: 315 lb

Bench Press: 255 lb

Dead Lift: 345 lb

Shoulder Press: 155 lb

Row: 185 lb

Needless to say, I'm pumped considering what I'm working out at for 5x5, didn't realize my 1RM's would be this much higher.

[quote name=CoreyD;95228

Parallel Squat: 315 lb

Bench Press: 255 lb

Dead Lift: 345 lb

Shoulder Press: 155 lb

Row: 185 lb

Needless to say' date=' I'm pumped considering what I'm working out at for 5x5, didn't realize my 1RM's would be this much higher.

Very nice.

Gotta enter those is kilos, Rick. Use the following formula in the cell:

=315/2.2

Kilos!? Ugh! It was so damn hard to get out of Canada and now I've got to use metric! I'm a social scientist, not a scientist!

My old gym has a neat concept. They'd have the annnual Yank It and Crank It challenge. It was NOT a competition. Rather, it was a day set aside for ANYONE to come in and set a PR on their deadlift.

Watch it though, and you can see the jaw dropping Dr. Deadlift himself, Fred Peterson, who pulled near 700 pounds at age 70. o_0

So anyway, that's another possibility, before or after your comp. Y'know, have the Nerd Fitness Overhead Press Extravaganza on Janurary 15th or whatever, and everone checks in with their PRs and posts videos and we all just cheer and write stuff like "woot" a lot.

:D

(oh, and right at the beginning there, Fred gives some excellent advice: "Stop thinking about pulling the weight and just go out there and pull all your might on it. It'll come up.")

I love how Peterson's shirt is longer than his shorts. He dominated that 680!

This was fun. The gym was nice and quiet so I didn't feel too bad for hogging the rack for so long.

Squat - 55kg

Bench Press - 37.5kg

Deadlift - 60kg

Not much compared to the rest of you but I was pretty impressed by my progress so far.

Well, my first 1RM test was a little lacking... I think I wore myself out by the end and couldn't get a deadlift total. I put my highest warm up (which is the last weight I lifting 1x5 in a workout on Monday). I'll probably test my deadlift again later...for giggles. I'd like to know where it really is.

That being said, my squat was about where I thought it would be:150 (lbs). Bench was surprising for me:100lbs and I got 105 about an inch off my chest.

My first wee numbers! When are we doing this again? :)

Well, my first 1RM test was a little lacking... I think I wore myself out by the end and couldn't get a deadlift total. I put my highest warm up (which is the last weight I lifting 1x5 in a workout on Monday). I'll probably test my deadlift again later...for giggles. I'd like to know where it really is.

That being said, my squat was about where I thought it would be:150 (lbs). Bench was surprising for me:100lbs and I got 105 about an inch off my chest.

My first wee numbers! When are we doing this again? :)

damn good job friend.

I'm with Ross on this one, Corey. Those are some great numbers. I'm waiting to see if Scotticus comes in to challenge you in this meet before you guys move in to your 6 week challenge off.

And Miss Laura, props to you for getting out there and lifting such big numbers. How tired were you by the time you got to deadlifts? Because I wanted to sleep for the rest of the day after my second pull on dead lifts. Ugh, not enough rest periods in the world.

damn good job friend.

Well thank you, muh friend.

And Miss Laura, props to you for getting out there and lifting such big numbers. How tired were you by the time you got to deadlifts? Because I wanted to sleep for the rest of the day after my second pull on dead lifts. Ugh, not enough rest periods in the world.

Thanks! Right! I was surprised, actually. But yeah, I leaned over to grab the bar and thought, "nap?" But I thought it would be weird to curl up with the barbell on the gym floor...

This is so cool. Good work everyone. While I did go to max in my squat and dead in the last week I never benched so I really don't have a total. I'll definitely get in on the action next time. Good stuff.

Bodyweight 78kg

Squat 178kg, missed 182/400lb by a lot lol.

Dead 193kg

Need to practice the powerlifting versions of this stuff as these were both oly style. Aka high bar (too) deep (for powerlifting) squats and hook grip deads.