• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

andygates

Midwinter Muscle Madness: Virtual Powerlifting Meet

squat 280, might have made 285

bench 315, could have done 320

deadlift 305, failed at 310

overhead push press 225 (just for grins. like Corey said, pressing small NFL players...)

Videos later today.

I'll call my bodyweight 240. Found some pictures from 2008...lets just say that losing weight moved up the priority list...

Normalized total 241.32. If I do nothing but lose weight, I can move up 3 or 4 places in the standing.. Also demonstrated to me that I've been taking it too easy on myself.

Not too shabby for the old guy...

That was fun! When do we do it again??? 3 months?

Edit..

Squat video failed. Phone crashed and I got 2 identical copies of the bench....

Bench video

Deadlift video

Overhead press video

Edited by wildross
adding videos

okay...here are my results in lbs, will convert to kgs/wilks/etc for the spreadsheet in a bit.

squat- 270 (275 fail)

bench- 145 (150 fail)

deadlift- 235

i completely overdid it on the squats, so by the time i got to dead, i had absolutely nothing left and was already getting really sore. looking forward to the steak that's on the grill RIGHT NOW...

so i only did half of this, and so will not record these in the spreadsheet, cause it wouldn't make any sense to do so. neck pop during my 2nd squat = i didn't do any more. and i did not bench, but i did the deadlift. so final #s, just for the heck of it:

squat: 125lbs

dead: 175lbs (failed at 180)

I re-weighed my bar and it's lost half a pound since the last time I tried to figure out how much it weighed. Ah, the accuracy of my scale...

Squat: 111.2lbs

Bench Press: 96.2lbs

Deadlift: 171.2lbs

I'd normally call these 110lbs, 95lbs, and 170lbs because pretending my 16 point-my-scale-is-confused pound bar is 15 pounds makes the math easier, but if we're competing here, I'm taking every extra bit of weight to my lifts that I can get. Would have made for slightly more impressive normalized numbers had I not gained a few pounds due to eating more sugar what with the holiday leftovers, but still not too bad, and I got new PRs on everything.

Don't those three plates look sexy all lined up like that?

To be fair, there were a lot of NY resolutioners that looked fairly scared. Normally the only guys they see heaving things with three plates around are humongous!

Quite sexy, and then 2 10# on each side just because :)

Beast of a squat, Hemi, monstrous. :)

Cough's abated enough to spend Sunday in muscle church.

I think I'm gonna need to start using the term "muscle church" from now on. It just makes gym sound so...hollow.

Aw! How come? :(

I ended up one notch below my pb's, so squat 160kg, bench 80kg, deadlift 180kg.

With a sickness layoff, I should be chill about that, but damn, I wanted that 200 dead. Still, I guess this constitutes deep baseline strength rather than peak performance. Right?

Beast of a squat, Hemi, monstrous. :)

Cough's abated enough to spend Sunday in muscle church.

many many thanks, friend. i'll be in rest mode for quite a while after that one. :)

oh yeah, and 'muscle church.' new favorite thing to say.

I was selfishly hoping to get in at least two challenges before we tested again. I'm not sure how much progress you could see in just 6 weeks.

Me thinks these meets should be seasonal: winter, spring, summer, fall. That splits it into every two challenges or so, right?

Aw! How come? :(

I ended up one notch below my pb's, so squat 160kg, bench 80kg, deadlift 180kg.

With a sickness layoff, I should be chill about that, but damn, I wanted that 200 dead. Still, I guess this constitutes deep baseline strength rather than peak performance. Right?

I wouldn't worry too much about it man since you've been sick for a bit. Plus not hitting 200 gives you more motivation to hit that in the coming months.

The second challenge ends April 9 and the next one starts on the 16th -- do we want to have the spring meet around then, or do we want a spring equinox date in mid March? (I'd personally vote for April -- I want a 100%xBW squat for my birthday, which is a few days into that April challenge and it would be nice to have a little longer to put it up for the meet too.)

I like april.

have been asked by a few to input my most recent numbers, so i put them in, but i put them lower and marked that i wasnt participating. :)

will definitely play next time.

I like april.

have been asked by a few to input my most recent numbers, so i put them in, but i put them lower and marked that i wasnt participating. :)

will definitely play next time.

Gosh darn, woman. That is all......