Tixnleeches - Assassin in training

Hey all!

First things first, I've begun my journey to becoming a badass Assassin. I finished my first challenge in the recruit section and I did fairly well but I know I can do better! And since I'm able to post this in the current challenge thread that starts on April 13th I'm starting a little early.

So lets get a little bit of back story for the new people; Throughout high school I was 6' 120lbs on a good day, wore all black, read fantasy books in my classes (mostly dragonlance), and had a very small group of friends. I was picked on, but I figured that was a part of high school.

Shortly after high school graduation I joined a gym tired of being stick thin I began to eat non-stop massive amounts of food / weight gainer shakes. I sky rocketed to 200lbs in 8 months, I did gain quite a bit of fat but I was stronger had muscles and felt way better about myself. I learned to diet correctly and found a routine that worked for me and turned my doughy 200lb body into a solid muscular 190lbs.

I got a girlfriend started spending more time with her and less time at the gym and my diet turned to shit. I got dumped because I was no longer "in shape" I got depressed and stopped lifting and dieting all together for about 2 straight years.

Now present day me; No longer depressed, motivated, has a good support system (thank you nerdfitness!), and I'm ready to get back to where I was and then fly past that becoming the best me possible!

Current stats

Height: 6' 1" 

Weight: 184lbs (upon waking, kinda dehydrated)

Bodyfat: ~16.5%

Long term goal stats

Sadly I can't get taller...

Weight: 190-200lbs

Bodyfat: 8-10%

Now onto the challenge! I felt like my first challenge while I did well wasn't hard enough for me and not tailored to my end goals as much as it could be. So I'm changing, I'm going a little crazy, but I've made great results doing this in the past and I'm looking forward to seeing how it's going to go this time around.

Quest 1: Body Recomp. (+2 STR, +2 CHA, +1 DEX)

That's right, you heard me correctly. It's recomp time, how will I do this you ask? Well it's simple, well sort of... not really... With extremely hard work. So here's my plan.

Friday: Chest/Tri
Saturday: Back/Bi
Sunday: Shoulders/Abs
Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Chest/Tri
Wednesday: Back/Bi
Thursday: Legs

That alone is going to be fun! But here is the icing on the cake so to speak because I won't be consuming icing or cake. CARDIO! Minimum 1 time a day for 20 minutes. Maximum 2 times a day for 20 mins each. I hate cardio so this is going to be a struggle.

I didn't tell you the best part though! The breakdown of my routine!!

Chest/Triceps

• Barbell Bench: 7 x 5 @ 80% of max.
  • Incline Barbell: 4 x 6-8
  • Decline Barbell: 4 x 6-8
  • Cable Flys: 3 x 10-14 (3 sets from top, 3 from bottom, 3 from middle)
  • Close Grip Bench: 5 x 5
  • Dips (weighted): 4 x 6-8
  • Tricep Pushdown: 3 x 8-12
  • Cable Kickbacks: 3 x 8-12

Back/Biceps

• Barbell Rows: 7 x 5 @ 80% of max.
  • Lat Pulldown: 4 x 6-8
  • Seated Row: 4 x 6-8
  • Pull-ups: 3 x failure
  • Straight arm pulldowns: 3 x 8-12
  • Barbell Curls: 4 x 6-10
  • Preacher Curls: 4 x 6-8
  • Reverse Curls: 3 x 8-12
  • Hammer Curls: 4 x 8-12

Shoulders

• OHP: 7 x 5 @ 80% of max.
  • Bent-Over Reverse cable flys: 4 x 8-12
  • Front raises w/ barbell: 4 x 8-12
  • Hammer Strength (machine) seated press: 4 x 4-6
  • Dumbbell Later Raises: 3 x 8-12
  • Single Arm Reverse Cable Flys: 4 x 8-12

Legs

• Squats: 7 x 5 @ 80% of max.
  • Leg Press: 4 x 6-8
  • Hack Squat: 4 x 6-8
  • Goblet Squats: 4 x 10-14
  • Leg Extensions: 4 x 8-12
  • Leg Curls: 4 x 8-12
  • Standing Calf Raises (slow controlled reps): 8 x 12-16

Massive amount of volume you say? Correct you are my friend! Which is why I'm only going heavy on certain lifts the rest the weight will be dropped so I don't overtrain/burnout.

Quest 2: Dieting! (+2 STA, +2 CHA)

As if quest 1 wasn't bad enough, here comes the meat and potatoes of the recomp (literally meat and potatoes.) Healthy food, I've reconsidered my thoughts on going full paleo but it won't work the way I want with what I'm trying to accomplish.

My diet will vary daily depending on how I feel during the day, what muscle group I'm hitting that day, and if I'm doing 1 or 2 cardio sessions. The plan is on the days that big muscles groups are being trained (back and legs) I will increase my calories to assist in muscle gain, and on the other days my calories will be dropped to maintenance levels to assist in fat loss.

Quest 3: Smoke-free. (+2 WIS, +2 CON)

Simple enough quest remain smoke free, it's challenging some days but the only thing I'm doing by smoking is killing myself slowly so where is the sense in that?

Life Quest: Multi-quest. (+2 WIS)

This Life Quest is going to be comprised of a couple things that I need work on.

1. Paying off debt. I did great last challenge and I'm going to do better on this one!

2. Savings. Save $50 a week for an emergency fund as I've never had one before.

3. Get everything set up for school in January, basically quiting my full-time job and taking out loans to pay for school so I finish in 1.5 years and not 5 years going part-time.

4. Friends. Make new friends and a lot of them. Most of my friends moved out of state and I don't see them anymore so I've been living the hermit life for about 2 years now. Gotta change that!

Well alright! I think I'm done, hopefully I didn't miss anything but if I did I will be sure to add it!

Grading: Everything will be rated Pass/Fail I'm generally pretty hard on myself but in the off chance that I mess up a challenge and try to make it a Pass instead of Fail, call me out!

I do know if I pull off the recomp I'll be putting a lot into Charisma due to me looking sexy AF like I did before! *smirk*

Thanks for reading, and good luck (I know I'll need it...)

-Tixnleeches

• Like 2

Starting: Weight 176lbs | Bodyfat ~19% | Current: Weight 184lbs | Bodyfat ~16.5% | Goal: Weight 190-200lbs | Bodyfat 6-10%

Level 2 Human Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

First Challenge : Completed.

Second Challenge : In progress.

Tixnleeches Epic Quest (Life Goals) : In Progress

Hey all!

I'm here to bring you a 3 day update as I started the lifting rather early for this challenge, but I want to record it all here so... Here it is! The layout will always be Sets x Rep

Lifting:

Chest/Triceps - Friday 04/03/2015

• Barbell Bench: 105lbs 7 x 5
  • Incline Barbell: 80lbs 3 x 8 and 80lbs 1 x 6 :(
  • Decline Barbell: 95lbs 4 x 8
  • Cable Flys: 12.5lbs (per side) 3 x 14 (from the top)
  • Cable Flys: 22.5lbs (per side) 3 x 10-14 (from the middle)
  • Cable Flys: 12.5lbs (per side) 3 x 10-14 (from the bottom)
  • Close Grip Bench: 75lbs 5 x 5
  • Dips (weighted): BW 4 x 8 (Had to do bench dips since we don't have a place for actual dips *sad face*)
  • Tricep Pushdown: 42.5lbs 3 x 12
  • Cable Kickbacks: 2.5lbs 3 x 12 (My triceps were so fatigued I couldn't go heavier)

Back/Biceps - Saturday 04/04/2015

• Barbell Rows: 95lbs 7 x 5
  • Lat Pulldown: 100lbs 4 x 8
  • Seated Row: 50lbs per arm 4 x 8
  • Pull-ups: BW x4 x3 x3
  • Straight arm pulldowns: 42.5lbs 3 x 12
  • Barbell Curls: 45lbs 4 x 10
  • Preacher Curls: 35lbs 4 x 6 (needed a little assistance the last 2 sets at rep 5 and 6)
  • Reverse Curls: 25lbs 3 x 12
  • Hammer Curls: 10lbs per arm 4 x 12

Shoulders - Sunday 04/05/2015

• OHP: 65lbs 7 x 5
  • Bent-Over Reverse dumbell flys: 15lbs per arm 4 x 12
  • Front raises w/ barbell: 25lbs 4 x 12
  • Hammer Strength (machine) seated press: 60lbs per arm 4 x 6 (Odd that this is at 60lbs per arm and my OHP is at 65lbs... I'll have to work on that)
  • Dumbbell Later Raises: 15lbs 3 x 12
  • Single Arm Reverse Cable Flys: 7.5lbs 4 x 12

So this routine has been doing really good so far. The biggest thing about this routine is it is every. single. day. So I don't get a couple days off and fall out of the routine of going to the gym. These first 4 days of the routine is more trying to find the correct weight to start with, so in 3 hours I'll be in the gym hitting my legs. Brutal session inc.

I need dial in the correct weights on the previous 3 days and make sure it's a little more challenging. Now keep in mind these sessions are generally right after 12 hour shifts at work on 4 hours sleep so the numbers will vary greatly on my days off of work.

Diet: In one word, horrible. I ran out of groceries halfway through my 7 day stretch at work so I've been ordering food at work. Generally order 2 hamburgers with only lettuce tomato and pickle, and a cup of chili or 2 cajun chicken wraps with lettuce tomato and pickle only. Neither is good due to the massive amounts of grease even on the wraps...

Monday is my first day off so I'm going to the store and stocking up! Home cooked bulk meals here I come!! Going to make homemade chili, a dish I dubbed "meat slop", bake some seasoned chicken, steam up some veggies, and cook some brown rice. Recipes will be posted!

No Smoking: Okay, this one is definitely a huge pain in the ass challenge. I work with nothing but fucking smokers and they keep asking me to go outside and smoke. Assholes. So I bummed a cigarette tonight... :( I hate myself.

A friend has a saying "The moment I finish a cigarette, I am a non-smoker." Now he says this in a joking manner because he will never quit, but I'm taking it a different way. The moment I finished that cigarette I have another chance to quit. There will be slip ups, I know this. The big thing is that I remember them and do my best to not let it happen again. I need to get the self control to tell myself that it's okay if I don't go outside and just get past that initial craving.

Life Quest: I did decent on this. I put my first $50 into savings and my debt is down $200! Haven't been to do much about the school stuff since there aren't financial aid counselors over the weekend. And I've worked the past 3 days so no new friends :(

That's it for the update!

Side note, if anyone has whitened their teeth successfully please let me know what you used! I've been a coffee/dark cola drinker for a LONG time, plus smoking. My teeth aren't horrible but I would like them to be nice and white. It would probably look completely different if I tanned since I'm white as a god damn ghost. Night shift man, you'll turn into a vampire.

Thanks for reading!

-Tixnleeches

• Like 2

Starting: Weight 176lbs | Bodyfat ~19% | Current: Weight 184lbs | Bodyfat ~16.5% | Goal: Weight 190-200lbs | Bodyfat 6-10%

Level 2 Human Assassin

Grats on the progress so far! Esp on the savings and the debt spend down, those are both really difficult, but you'll thank yourself in the end. 

Also, smoking and quitting are both really really difficult. I've seen family members and good friends try it and get frustrated. 1 cig in 2 days isn't bad at all. Like everything else it's a work in progress. So just have to debar that habit. Have you thought of replacements? This might be counter-intuitive, but every time you're truly tempted to go smoke is there an area you could go to? Do 3 sets of 10 push ups or some other bodyweight exercise? It'll take your mind off it and on top of that- extra gainz :D 

Following, best of luck :D 

• Like 2

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Sounds like a great challenge! Although - imo you don't need to be so hard on yourself; all good things take time :) Quitting, Making new friends... Things that sound simple in principle but really, aren't. xD mentally overworking yourself is a thing too. And anyway, making friends as an adult is hard! 

Your bulk cooked meals sound great, definitely post recipes!

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Grats on the progress so far! Esp on the savings and the debt spend down, those are both really difficult, but you'll thank yourself in the end. 

Also, smoking and quitting are both really really difficult. I've seen family members and good friends try it and get frustrated. 1 cig in 2 days isn't bad at all. Like everything else it's a work in progress. So just have to debar that habit. Have you thought of replacements? This might be counter-intuitive, but every time you're truly tempted to go smoke is there an area you could go to? Do 3 sets of 10 push ups or some other bodyweight exercise? It'll take your mind off it and on top of that- extra gainz :D

Following, best of luck :D

Hey Slates! Thanks for following! I'm happy with my current progress but for me it's not enough. Since I've paid off my truck I set it so the $121 per check gets auto deposited into my savings but I don't count that for my $50 a week goal, that's just a little bonus :) And my debt has come waaaay down. Adding it up I think last challenge I dropped my debt by around $5,000? Which is HUGE! Very proud of myself on that one.

I've tried things like the patch and e-cigarettes and I don't feel they work for me. I have thought of doing some exercise when I get a craving to get my mind off of it, however this wouldn't be an option when I'm at work. I can get away and do them sure, but I have my uniform, bulletproof vest, and my duty belt on. And while that does add extra weight, I'd rather limit my sweating at work as much as possible. Once the smell gets in that vest there is no getting it out LOL ... True story though.

Only thing that gets my mind off of it is staying either super busy at work which is hard because I do have a LOT of down time some days, or hiding in my office and browsing youtube/this site and hitting refresh every 5 minutes to see if anything new is posted.

Sounds like a great challenge! Although - imo you don't need to be so hard on yourself; all good things take time :) Quitting, Making new friends... Things that sound simple in principle but really, aren't. xD mentally overworking yourself is a thing too. And anyway, making friends as an adult is hard! 

Your bulk cooked meals sound great, definitely post recipes!

Thanks Teagarden for stopping by! I try not to be hard on myself but that never works, I guess that will take time as well to learn to ease up on myself :)

If I have to choose between quitting and making friends to spare my mental sanity I choose quitting cigarettes. I experienced my first moment in a long time where cigarettes became the limiting factor in my workout. Cardio with heavy ropes is no joke. I was gasping for air due to my limited lung capacity, that lasted for a good 5-10 minutes after I decided I was done with the ropes for today.

I completely agree, making friends as an adult is hard! Sure I'm friendly with my coworkers but I don't count them as friends, since I don't see them outside of work. And hell I don't even know where to go to make a friend as an adult, is there like a lonely person club where you can make friends? That would be nice lol

As for the meals, I'm going to sleep as soon as I finish my Leg Day update and when I wake up I'm going to the store so I'll more then likely type up the recipes on Tuesday maybe I'll add pictures of them finished!

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Assassin

Hey all!

I'm bringing you Day 4 which is.... LEG DAY!

Legs - Monday 04/06/2015

• Squats: 95lbs 7 x 5 (Started out low, will be adding more next leg day for sure!)
  • Leg Press: 200lbs 4 x 8
  • Seated Leg Press: 150lbs 4 x 8 (Narrow stance to focus on the sweeps)
  • Goblet Squats: SKIPPED
  • Leg Extensions: 60lbs 4 x 12
  • Leg Curls: 80lbs 4 x 12
  • Seated Calf Raises (slow controlled reps): 45lbs 8 x 16

Cardio with Heavy Ropes: 5 minutes x2 - 30sec rest in between (limited due to the lung capacity of a newly ex-smoker, in between gasping for breath I was coughing so hard I thought my head was going to explode.)

Okay, so I altered my workout today. I had a busy day at work, was on my feet running around for 10 out of the 12 hours. I was dehydrated and because of that my hamstring started to cramp up on set 3 of squats but I pushed through. My gym has a couple locations that I can go to (anytime fitness) and apparently this location doesn't have a hack squat, so I did seated leg press instead and focused on building the outer quads. Goblet squats I skipped because I got off the seated leg press and my legs went jelly style and I almost fell. Good times. And my calf raises were NOT going to be standing calf raises with jello legs.

So there is the update, Leg Day was fun however looking back I'm not happy with that lifting session. Next Leg Day there needs to be some big improvements!

And since it's in my house and I'm saying goodbye to bad foods when I wake up tonight I'm going to have my last unhealthy meal of this challenge. Good ole' KFC bowl + popcorn chicken.

Progress pictures are taken; I'm gathering the courage to post them. Self-esteem is a bitch, however you'll get to see my tattoos (That's giving me courage to post them because I love my artwork and what to share it haha) Maybe I'll post them when I wake up.

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Assassin

Only thing that gets my mind off of it is staying either super busy at work which is hard because I do have a LOT of down time some days, or hiding in my office and browsing youtube/this site and hitting refresh every 5 minutes to see if anything new is posted.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD. Same here. Work is crazy insane to the point where I miss lunch and the chance to walk my dog because it's now magically 4:30 when I swear it was 10:00 5 minutes ago, and I have so much more to do if I'm to leave at a decent time....OR. Today. Like, no one here, nothing planned, I was so bamf last week that I'm thinking about color coding and rearranging my espresso pods for something to do. So happy the threads were opened early! 

If you want an accoutabilibuddy to chat through via email lemme know, I'll ramble on about the most inane things- a few people on this site are email buddies and can attest to that. 

• Like 2

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

GET OUT OF MY HEAD. Same here. Work is crazy insane to the point where I miss lunch and the chance to walk my dog because it's now magically 4:30 when I swear it was 10:00 5 minutes ago, and I have so much more to do if I'm to leave at a decent time....OR. Today. Like, no one here, nothing planned, I was so bamf last week that I'm thinking about color coding and rearranging my espresso pods for something to do. So happy the threads were opened early! 

If you want an accoutabilibuddy to chat through via email lemme know, I'll ramble on about the most inane things- a few people on this site are email buddies and can attest to that. 

Sounds good to me! The good and the bad at working in a hospital. It's either crazy busy or absolutely dead, and it can change within 5 minutes. So far I'm doing good today on the cravings, since I worked 7 days straight with little sleep each day. So I slept pretty much all day which definitely helped. If only I could be put into a medically induced coma for 3 months and when I come out I don't want to smoke...

Cooking some breakfast before I go to the gym for Chest and Tricep day then finish with some cardio on the row machine!

I'll pm you with my email!

Level 2 Human Assassin

Wow, these are some intense workouts. Very impressive. Good luck for quitting smoking. Somehow it seems more effective to go cold turkey. At least I disn't hear any success storys with plasters and e-cigarette.

Best wishes!

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Wow, these are some intense workouts. Very impressive. Good luck for quitting smoking. Somehow it seems more effective to go cold turkey. At least I disn't hear any success storys with plasters and e-cigarette.

Best wishes!

Thank you Luciana! I hate the e-cigarettes, they are horrible. So cold turkey it is, I've heard that's the best way too. Lets hope it keeps working for me lol

I attempted to email you but it just bounced back at me- Sounds like your early challenge is already going pretty well though :D

What?! Why'd it bounce back?? Early challenge is doing ...alright... Not happy about Tuesday and Wednesday morning though. Update to follow to explain.

Level 2 Human Assassin

Hey all!

Mini yet major update!

Quest 1: Body Recomp.

Hasn't happened Tue/Wed do to my gym being closed for renovations. Apparently the owner just came back into town and felt like he needed to change some things in the gym. Didn't give anyone a heads up though. But it should be open in the morning when I get off work (according to an employee of the gym.) So we will see.

Quest 2: Dieting.

I still owe you guys the recipes! They keep slipping my mind, I wish I already had them written down so I could just copy and paste them. Everything is stuck in my head though so I'll have to type it all up on my next day off!

Quest 3: Smoke-free.

Going good! I am back on day 3 of being smoke-free. Cravings suck, doesn't help I'm back at work with smokers, or that there is a gas station literally next door. They are so accessible right now it's not even funny. I just keep thinking that I'll have to buy a new lighter (threw mine out the window on the way home the day I bummed one from a co-worker) and those are almost more then a pack of cigarettes O_o

Life Quest: Debt, savings, school, friends.

Debt wise I'm doing waaay better then I thought. I am under $13,000 on my Jeep loan (I thought I was in the 14k area) and my credit card is almost paid off!

Savings, another $50 got put away for the week on Tuesday!

School, took advantage of my day off and slept instead. I don't really need to work on this one until the end of April.

Friends, so far no luck. Then again I haven't been trying so I can't say much on that one. Can't expect new friends to fall from the sky.

*Important* Recently I've been working waaay more then I am normally required to, mostly to help pay off my debt and put me in a better place to start school in January. However, working 7-12 days of 12-16hr shifts in a row with only 1-2 days off before doing another long stretch is really burning me out.

I've come to dislike my job, my coworkers are getting on my shitlist, and I've noticed I have less tolerance for stupid. And I am around a lot of stupid. How much longer I can do this before I either snap or need a serious vacation I'm not sure but that day is rapidly approaching.

For instance, today, the guy who works before me has the next 5 days off (no one told me) so not only do I have to stay late turning my 12 hour shift into a 14 hours shift because I have to wait for the boss to get in to cover his day time shift. I have to come in early tomorrow night aswell. So that will be a 16 hour shift because the boss likes to leave early.

So I'll get off work at 8am, hopefully work out, go to sleep and head to work at 2pm. It's like I never leave this place. They say you spend a third of your life just sleeping. Well I'm pretty sure for me it's 25% of my life sleeping, 65% of my life at work, and 10% of my life actually having fun.

It's truly interesting how extra shifts at work can alter your mental and physical state this much. I never would have thought I would have gotten to this point where I dread coming to work. But here it is.

Thanks for reading, hopefully I wasn't too much of a downer!

-Tixnleeches

Level 2 Human Assassin

PFft, it's your thread vent away. 

Also, your tolerance kinda balances after a few years. I raged the first 3 years of working for idiots who handed me 20k checks to go upgrade their loaded Audis. Now I just come to expect it as the norm and am pleasantly surprised when someone doesn't suck. Kind of a backwards way of thinking, but at least in the corporate world everyone seems a lot happier when you baby them. 

Also for smoking have you thought of doing something ridiculous that could avert you from smoking? Like taking a bubble pipe with you and smoking that for a full 60 seconds before you light up? Even if it wont work I'd crack up reading coworkers reactions to that.

Shift work really sucks and takes  toll on you, make sure you take care of yourself, remember you have years and years to work and pay things off, don't snap your wits for a few months worth of bills. 

As for friends do you have adventure groups in your area? In the DMV area there's a group I've been meaning to check out that does things like hiking/kayaking. I think it's a thinly veiled dating group but would still be fun to find like minded individuals looking to do fun stuff. 

This is still a pre-challenge so you're still rockin it, go you!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

PFft, it's your thread vent away. 

Also, your tolerance kinda balances after a few years. I raged the first 3 years of working for idiots who handed me 20k checks to go upgrade their loaded Audis. Now I just come to expect it as the norm and am pleasantly surprised when someone doesn't suck. Kind of a backwards way of thinking, but at least in the corporate world everyone seems a lot happier when you baby them. 

Also for smoking have you thought of doing something ridiculous that could avert you from smoking? Like taking a bubble pipe with you and smoking that for a full 60 seconds before you light up? Even if it wont work I'd crack up reading coworkers reactions to that.

Shift work really sucks and takes  toll on you, make sure you take care of yourself, remember you have years and years to work and pay things off, don't snap your wits for a few months worth of bills. 

As for friends do you have adventure groups in your area? In the DMV area there's a group I've been meaning to check out that does things like hiking/kayaking. I think it's a thinly veiled dating group but would still be fun to find like minded individuals looking to do fun stuff. 

This is still a pre-challenge so you're still rockin it, go you!

I've worked for this company going on 3 years (in May) it still surprises me on the level of stupid that exists. Just because you have government aid/obama care and no job doesn't mean you need to take an ambulance to the ER at 4 am for a stubbed toe to get narcotics.

Haven't thought of the bubble pipe though, but that would be hilarious! Though the plan is to not light up again :)

The only reason I'm forcing myself to work this much is because I want to be debt free in January when I start back in school. I don't want to have to worry about a $300 a month car payment on top of my normal bills. I want to be able to live off the student loan I'm taking out and not have to get a part-time job aswell. I want to focus 100% on school and finish it asap, that way I can get a job doing something I like and almost triple my current $/hr.

So I'll willing to let my sanity take a beating to make that happen. I'll get back to normal... I think... Sanity is like flubber, it'll bounce right back. I hope.

I haven't checked into adventure groups in the area but I highly doubt there are any I would want to join. But I'll keep an eye open for them, there isn't much adventure in my area. Minus exploring the ghetto, but that's too much of an adventure!

I hope I can keep this pre-challenge momentum all through the actual challenge LOL

-Tixnleeches

Level 2 Human Assassin

That's an intresting advice. But could be very effective. And now I know what to get as birthday present for a friend. ;)

@Tixn I second her. This is the preweek, so don't be to hard on you, if you don't hit all your goals 100% and don't let work outpower you. I hope you at least get paid for all the overtime.

STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

That's an intresting advice. But could be very effective. And now I know what to get as birthday present for a friend. ;)

@Tixn I second her. This is the preweek, so don't be to hard on you, if you don't hit all your goals 100% and don't let work outpower you. I hope you at least get paid for all the overtime.

Definitely getting paid for the overtime, I won't be working this much if I was salary. The only reason I'm being hard on myself now is because if I slack now on this challenge / routine I've set, I'll have a higher chance of slacking throughout the challenge. So I'm trying to treat this week as part of the challenge so I don't slack during the challenge. If that makes any sense... :)

Once I start to slip I can't seem to gain traction again. So I'm just trying not to slip so that won't be an issue.

But thank you for trying to get me to ease up on myself and help me. It does mean a lot and please don't take it personally if I don't follow some advice. It's truly nothing against you or anyone else that offers advice, sometimes I can be verrrryyyy stubborn. Which is something I'll try to break next challenge!

-Tixnleeches

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Assassin

Due to having to work late today and having to come in early tonight the gym will be skipped today :(

A friend helped me come to this decision (Thank you Slates!) So I'm going to get extra rest today before my 16hr shift tonight and Friday morning when I get off work I will be combining both upper body days (not the same crazy volume as the single days though) in an effort to make up for missed days. Saturday will be leg day, and Sunday will be a day off since I'm going to be at a 8 hr physical training class for work that day. So my workout is covered. 

This starts day 4 of no smoking (again) and I'm going strong! I hope I keep this up!

Side note; I need to limit / stop my caffiene intake. Coffee and diet energy drinks are not doing me any good. They are keeping me up throughout the night sure, but I feel like crap. My blood pressure and pulse is high and needs to drop back down to normal. So on top of everything else I will attempt to slowly stop caffiene intake. God I feel sorry for my co-workers, not only am I quitting smoking, I'm trying to quit caffiene, and I'm already irritable due to little amounts of sleep. I'm going to snap on someone, I just know it!

Thanks for reading!

-Tixnleeches

• Like 3

Level 2 Human Assassin

Hahaha, oh man that withdrawal is going to be crazy. But you'll be healthy :D:D 

Maybe try those diet Ice soda things when you would have otherwise had caffeine to get a sweet taste and carbonated kick for a few? And awesome on day 4 of no smoking, you totally got this. 

Also, for upper body, maybe not do as much volume but try to do exercises at 85 percent max and to failure? 

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

Hahaha, oh man that withdrawal is going to be crazy. But you'll be healthy :D:D

Maybe try those diet Ice soda things when you would have otherwise had caffeine to get a sweet taste and carbonated kick for a few? And awesome on day 4 of no smoking, you totally got this. 

Also, for upper body, maybe not do as much volume but try to do exercises at 85 percent max and to failure? 

The withdraw... I'm going to be a monster! hahahaha

I'll have to pick up some of those, I generally try to avoid the artifical sweeteners so I'll see what they have to offer that would be okay for me to drink. Maybe I'll try to get some carbonated water and add some lemon / lime / orange slices to it for flavoring?

Day 4 no smoking is so far going very well. No cravings yet but that is because I haven't left work yet. That's right! 9am and the boss is no where to be found. Glad he wants me to come in a 4pm so he can get out on time................

And upper body isn't going to be anywhere near the volume, I'll drop some exercises and get rid of some sets to make it managable to get everything done within an hour. I like where your heads at with the 85% but I've never liked going to failure especially when I don't have a lifting partner/spotter. And I don't trust these 6am weirdos to spot me even if I was doing 60% weight lol

Hmm I'll think about the going to failure some and get back to you :)

Level 2 Human Assassin

Oh, I've been meaning to pick up a cheap 10 buck water infuser, if you try it let me know how it tastes!

Wut. Can you push your shift back so you can get some sleep? Or do you want the extra time for OT? 

Get cardio lady to spot you :D

Cardio lady is waaaay to focused on cardio. I don't think she knows anyone else is in the gym with her.

I couldn't push the shift back. Boss says "Be back in at 4pm" I say "Okay..." insert meme picture. But I do get more OT so I guess that's good? 84 hours last week and 50 this week (this week was supposed to be my short 36 hour week with actual days off lol)

I need to work on getting better quality of sleep. I think I was worried about not getting enough sleep that I didn't get enough sleep... I kept tossing and turning; couldn't get comfortable for the life of me.

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Assassin

Whoa- total that's 44 hours OT so you just made a little more than a week and a half of pay on top of your reg hours!

Check you out getting all the monies!

I think your work schedule may be messing with your sleep, lol, hopefully you get a regular week soon to catch up with it. 

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

Whoa- total that's 44 hours OT so you just made a little more than a week and a half of pay on top of your reg hours!

Check you out getting all the monies!

I think your work schedule may be messing with your sleep, lol, hopefully you get a regular week soon to catch up with it. 

Shame that I'll see the money and it'll disappear into my jeep loan. Or a tattoo. Probably a tattoo. Who am I kidding... Definitely a tattoo.

I'm positive my work schedule is messing with my sleep, I think starting Monday most of the overtime will be gone so I might have a regular schedule with days off! Though it's either this Monday or the following one where all my OT goes away and I get forced to work 40 hrs a week (normally it's 36hrs and 48 hrs) So every Monday I will have to come in for a 4 hour shift. Worst idea ever.

• Like 1

Level 2 Human Assassin

I'm positive my work schedule is messing with my sleep, I think starting Monday most of the overtime will be gone so I might have a regular schedule with days off! Though it's either this Monday or the following one where all my OT goes away and I get forced to work 40 hrs a week (normally it's 36hrs and 48 hrs) So every Monday I will have to come in for a 4 hour shift. Worst idea ever.

Did you read this article? For me it was helpfull to close the blinds. In my childhood I was living at the countryside and only the moon was always shining into my bedchamber. But now I had problems to get proper sleep, because of the street lantern and loud noises. The closed blinds also muffle some sound. And now I sleep much better.

Spoiler