Assassin's Creed: Revelations

Open thread to discuss the game.

So I picked it up yesterday (can I claim "scaled the height of Galata Tower thrice" as a workout? It sounds so much better than "sat on my arse playing video games all day"). So far, I'm loving it... the graphics are just gorgeous (PS3), and the actions sequences are amazing.

I am loving the hookbalde in combat. One particularly brutal kill animation involved a guard swinging a heavy double-bladed axe at Ezio's stomach. Ezio ducked under the swing, used the hookblade to yank the guard's legs out from under him, and then jumped up in the air to land on the guard's head.

I'm finding the 100% sync objectives in each mission to be ramped up in difficulty from the previous games. Just completed (last night) a hidden tomb. The basic objective (get to the end) wouldn't be that hard. But the 100% Sync objective (do not be detected) was virtually impossible. Took me the better part of an hour, despite exploiting a bug I found in the game (I'm a software tester by trade... I've good at finding bugs).

Anybody else playing?

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 7.5 | CON 9 | WIS 7.5| CHA 5.5

Challenges: 1 | Current | Battle Log
"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

I've got Revelations, up to sequence 4. Not liking it very much. No assassinations. It's called ASSASSIN's Creed, dammit!

Also, what bug? Are we talking hyperblend or superblend? Because those also work in AC2 and ACB. What mission was it? The one where you get the first seal?

You can probably tell I'm very interested. I'm an active member on the previously linked site, we find bugs and make gameplay challenges in AC for fun. :)

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Yeah, sorry Skyrim on the brain. My wife is going to a bachelorette party this weekend, so Friday-Sunday will be Skyrim interspersed with me having to cook for myself and working out a bit. Which is nice, since I can do a 100% paleo weekend.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Also, what bug? Are we talking hyperblend or superblend? Because those also work in AC2 and ACB. What mission was it? The one where you get the first seal?

You can probably tell I'm very interested. I'm an active member on the previously linked site, we find bugs and make gameplay challenges in AC for fun. :)

No, not the hyperblend or the superblend (interesting, though). It's in the first tomb. The basic goal (get to the end) is not hard. The 100% sync mark (do not be detected) is really really hard without exploiting the bug. Each section of the tomb is riddled with guards, and one of them has the key to the gate to the next section. To get the key, you need to kill the guard -- but you can do that any way you like. I stayed up in the rafters and used a poison dart on the guard with the key. A few seconds later, he died, and presto! I have a key. Then a simple distraction bomb drew the guards away from the gate while I passed through unseen.

We should set up a NF team for the multiplayer!

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

No, not the hyperblend or the superblend (interesting, though). It's in the first tomb. The basic goal (get to the end) is not hard. The 100% sync mark (do not be detected) is really really hard without exploiting the bug. Each section of the tomb is riddled with guards, and one of them has the key to the gate to the next section. To get the key, you need to kill the guard -- but you can do that any way you like. I stayed up in the rafters and used a poison dart on the guard with the key. A few seconds later, he died, and presto! I have a key. Then a simple distraction bomb drew the guards away from the gate while I passed through unseen.

Haha, that's why I did, too. Only I was out of bombs, so I had to kill of the rest of the guards as well. But then I ran out of poison and then air assassinate screwed up on me, so I got detected. >.<

What system do you play on?

What system do you play on?

PS3. I go by patchwolf (go figure, right?) on the PSN, so feel free to add me. Mention NF so I know where you're coming from.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

PS3. I go by patchwolf (go figure, right?) on the PSN, so feel free to add me. Mention NF so I know where you're coming from.

Sorry, can't. I'm on Xbox. :P

You may enjoy thehiddenblade.com, though. Lot's of gameplay/exploiting going on there. You'll know who I am. :P